Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,664 members, 7,959,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 09:11 AM

Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. (9202 Views)

Fiston Mwanza Mujila Bagged The Etisalat Book Prize For ‘tram83’ – Read An Excer / Etisalat Prize For Literature 2015 Application – How To Apply / Two Nigerians Nominated For 2015 Caine Prize For African Writing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by Ndyoo(m): 9:42am On Oct 11, 2013
[b][/b]Peeps Should also Look at these two Stories...Vote for them.

http://etisalatprize.co­m/where-the-lion-lives/

http://etisalatprize.com/lada/

That's what a flashfiction should look like...

http://etisalatprize.com/where-the-lion-lives/
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by sweetgala(m): 9:43am On Oct 11, 2013
Voted
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by stanley102(m): 9:54am On Oct 11, 2013
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by neksummi(m): 9:58am On Oct 11, 2013
Can a person vote 2 people? I voted someone some weeks back.
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by niggatee(m): 10:31am On Oct 11, 2013
voted
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 11, 2013
To those that voted for my fiction, i quite appreciate. May you be blessed. I dedicate this Flash fiction to the Leaders of Tommorow. Just as some of us grew up inculcating the values we got from parables, THE PRODIGAL SON, i take as an example, that is how i also wish that this young ones and every other youths will grow up bearing this in mind that CONFIDENCE IS THE KEY TO SUCCESS AT ANYTHING. Watch out for more mature Flash fictions that can be compared to The Aesopica from me.
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by 2NDACCT(f): 10:35am On Oct 11, 2013
VISIT THE LINK BELOW
MY PHONE FOR SALE
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by Ramtzy: 10:41am On Oct 11, 2013
Just voted
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by adeyemi91(m): 10:54am On Oct 11, 2013
Stamped winkStamped
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by Mathicks(m): 10:57am On Oct 11, 2013
Yes you can vote 2 people.
..... Pls vote here too http://etisalatprize.com/life-is-just-funny/
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by stanley102(m): 11:28am On Oct 11, 2013
Can a person vote 2 people? I voted someone some weeks back
sure, u can vote as many people as u wish. Please, visit www.etisalatprize.com/packaging read and vote for my story(if u think it deserves to win)
God bless.
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by stanley102(m): 11:31am On Oct 11, 2013
neksummi: Can a person vote 2 people? I voted someone some weeks back.

Sure, u can vote as many times as you wish. Do visit www.etisalatprize.com/packaging and vote for my story(if u think it deserves to win)
God bless.
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by donsteady(m): 11:32am On Oct 11, 2013
Voted
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by Nobody: 11:50am On Oct 11, 2013
Mathicks:
You said i should help review urs. Well, all i can say is that ur Fiction is good, i think it tries to bring out one thing that's happens in the inner circle of life. Yes it's true, we find fun narrating our past mishaps and misfortunes to others and the reason for that is not definite. Hope that's what you are trying to communicate? Anyway i thinked you flawed in the sense that you made it so ambiguous for a Flash fiction thereby making the Literary appreciation not to cut accross all spheres of life.
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by Mathicks(m): 12:40pm On Oct 11, 2013
Bossforeva: You said i should help review urs. Well, all i can say is that ur Fiction is good, i think it tries to bring out one thing that's happens in the inner circle of life. Yes it's true, we find fun narrating our past mishaps and misfortunes to others and the reason for that is not definite. Hope that's what you are trying to communicate? Anyway i thinked you flawed in the sense that you made it so ambiguous for a Flash fiction thereby making the Literary appreciation not to cut accross all spheres of life.
yes, thats part of what i tried to communicate... I actually tried to communicate two things... The 2nd being that if we find ourselves in any place, we actually try to act indifferent. David did not understand what Chidinma and Tony were saying, but he smiled like he actually did understand. Which brings a kind of mockery. They could actually be laughing at him in reality..lol. Anyway , thanks for the review. YOU CAN VOTE FOR MORE THAN ONE PERSON .... plsss vote here http://etisalatprize.com/life-is-just-funny/
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by Ngwakwe: 12:51pm On Oct 11, 2013
Voted
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by Gozychuks(m): 1:20pm On Oct 11, 2013
I need some1 to read and review this and pls vote too http://etisalatprize.com/flash/faith
Thanks
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by amiebeauty(f): 2:16pm On Oct 11, 2013
@ O.P...nice story...n since they can vote 4 two people....i decided 2 include a link 2 anoda nyc story there.....hope u dont mind..
http://etisalatprize.com/unforeseen/
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by amiebeauty(f): 2:28pm On Oct 11, 2013
below is an excerpt of the story.............. Nnaemeka Ugochukwu / Nigeria
Title: Unforeseen
As I step into the house, it’s empty. At least it feels so. I bound up
the stairs two at a time and get to the landing.
I turn left headed to my studio.
I do not hear the sounds at first-maybe because I don’t expect it-
but it
slowly registers in my consciousness. I turn back and head to the
source of the sound; my bedroom. As I get closer, I get this eerie
feeling like they do in movies and I feel goosebumps all over.
The sound continues; tap tap tap.
The house is tiled and I make no sound as I walk towards the
door.
When I get to the door, it’s ajar. Nothing strange about that. Am
not
particular about closing doors or bringing down the toilet cover.
The
sound stops as I touch the door handle. A loud silence envelopes
the
house.
If I were watching a movie, I would probably call the actor a fool
for going ahead to enter the room.
I open the door.
As I step into the room, I receive a heavy shove and I fall headlong
on
the floor. As I struggle to turn around, my attacker pounces on
me. The
knife in his hands tries to plunge into my chest. I grab his hands
and
we struggle for a few seconds.
The blade slices my hand and I let go for a fraction of a second.
The knife comes racing down towards me.
I know am about to die cos my whole life flashes before me.
The knife descends.
And that’s when the Director yells
“Cut!”
I heave a sigh of relief. My attacker stands up and helps me to my
feet.
My name is Tony Adams and am an actor.
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by Ice4jez(m): 3:18pm On Oct 11, 2013
Voted
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by Ice4jez(m): 3:19pm On Oct 11, 2013
amiebeauty: @ O.P...nice story...n since they can vote 4 two people....i decided 2 include a link 2 anoda nyc story there.....hope u dont mind..
open a threAd for dat story
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by amiebeauty(f): 3:42pm On Oct 11, 2013
okay....n tanks @ ice4jez.
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by PapateeOfLife(m): 4:49pm On Oct 11, 2013
Kindly review your use of punctuation marks.

Bossforeva: There's A Hero In Diaspora
In the land of Arizona, lives a boy from Nigeria. His name is Jide. He was not liked by his parents because of his poor academic performance. He often got bullied in school. But he could not defend himself because his physical strength's was very limited. He had this quote that has been his driving force admist all these, and that is " You can turn off the sun but i'm still gonna shine".
It happened that at that period in Arizona, there was these increasing state of kidnapping. One day Jide and his friend gathered to discuss how they are going to attend a friend's birthday party. CONTINUE READING.... @ http://etisalatprize.com/theres-a-hero-in-diaspora/ plz cast ur VOTES!!! on it...wishing you the best life has to offer as you do so. Thanks
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by eledalo: 8:31pm On Oct 11, 2013
Honestly, I wish you the best of luck but I've seen much better stories on the Etisalatprize.com website.
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by Abj2(m): 10:13pm On Oct 11, 2013
voted
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by sss341: 11:25pm On Oct 11, 2013
Please people, I need your help to win the Etisalat Prize for flash fiction literature.

As I step into the house, it’s empty. At least it feels so. I bound up the stairs two at a time and get to the landing.
I turn left headed to my studio.
I do not hear the sounds at first-maybe because I don’t expect it-but it
slowly registers in my consciousness. I turn back and head to the
source of the sound; my bedroom. As I get closer, I get this eerie
feeling like they do in movies and I feel goosebumps all over.
The sound continues; tap tap tap.
The house is tiled and I make no sound as I walk towards the door.
When I get to the door, it’s ajar. Nothing strange about that. Am not
particular about closing doors or bringing down the toilet cover. The
sound stops as I touch the door handle. A loud silence envelopes the
house.
If I were watching a movie, I would probably call the actor a fool for going ahead to enter the room.
I open the door.
As I step into the room, I receive a heavy shove and I fall headlong on
the floor. As I struggle to turn around, my attacker pounces on me. The
knife in his hands tries to plunge into my chest. I grab his hands and
we struggle.....continue reading and vote @ etisalatprize.com/unforeseen/....I nid una help more dan eva...help a brother!
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by OnyeEgo1(m): 7:58am On Oct 12, 2013
ENIMONEY: Hahahaha!! Tanx jawe..this is why I hate all these voting shii..the best story might not always win.the person with the most votes does bt tanx for appreciating quality.

emi u killed it i had no option dat 2 vote..... Create a thread jawe
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by Mathicks(m): 8:05am On Oct 12, 2013
Onye~Ego:

read this https://www.nairaland.com/1474996/blame-switch-short-story#18756476
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 12, 2013
Onye~Ego:

tanx jawe.. I know
My story is better..
Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 12, 2013
ENIMONEY:
Dear! Coming to my thread and criticizing my story saying urz is better, mehn! Thats not the best.
U should have simply posted the link there or better still create a thread and urge people to vote 4 urs also, not criticizing mine to draw traffic to yours.
This's my pioneer fiction, so i definitely expected some flaws and by the way i composed and submited this on 30th Sept few hours to the end of submission.
Meanwhile i wrote this fiction for the easy understanding of everyone esp the young ones to communicate a moral lesson bout CONFIDENCE just like parable of "The Prodigal Son" had a lesson to pass.
Learn ur Lesson Sis as i pray we will be among the top 3 so we can meet over there at the awards,
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Review an entry for the Etisalat Prize For Literature. by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 12, 2013
Voted! I hope you win. What's the prize, if i may ask?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

CHIDI ADIMABUAH: The Power Of Knowledge / Amana-iba(entwined Destiny) / Bensons Blunder-(He knew it was wrong,but she was a goddess)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.