Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,923 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Aftermath Of Sex Scandal: Mass Exodus Hits COZA - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Aftermath Of Sex Scandal: Mass Exodus Hits COZA (1385 Views)

George Castro-Yankey Caught In Sex Scandal - VIDEO / Pastor Biodun/Coza Replies Ese Walter's Sex Scandal Accusation / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Of COZA In Sex Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aftermath Of Sex Scandal: Mass Exodus Hits COZA by Raymondfayowole(m): 8:18am On Oct 01, 2013
“Smite the shepherd and the sheep will flee”. This biblical injunction vividly captures the ongoing scenario at the Commonwealth of Zion Assembly, COZA.
The name COZA became a ‘street anthem’ a few months back following a shocking confession by one Ese Walter, an ex-member of the church of her week-long sexual escapade with the senior pastor of the church, Abiodun Fatoyinbo.
Ese’s claims had opened a floodgate of other cases. Another church member who simply identified herself as Franca also alleged that the Apostle, most commonly described as a man with ‘uncommon prophetic insight’ al lured her to Wheatbaker Hotel, Ikoyi, Lagos, for a ‘romantic prayer’.
However, since then, the pastor has neither come out to refute or accept the allegation, but claimed that he was still waiting for God’s order.

While many still doubt the authenticity of the allegations, some light-hearted members of the church are gradually leaving the church. This, DailyPost learnt during a recent visit to the Lagos branch of the church, situated in Maryland, Ikeja.
Our findings revealed that many aggrieved members and deacons have left the church since the authority of the church decided to sweep the matter under the carpet.
When our correspondent inquired from a member why the church looked so empty on a Sunday, he was told the population of the church was reducing drastically on weekly bases.
“I think this started not quiet long. Last week was even the worst; you could see empty seats everywhere,” the fair complexioned female member said.
Asked if the man of God had come out to deny or admit the allegation, the member said they’ve warned them never to talk about it anywhere, until he (Pastor Abiodun) hears from God.
“I think this is one of the reasons many members are leaving. The church authority had warned us never to talk about the issue until the man of God speaks, and I think many are beginning to find it hard to believe.”
His members had since called on the pastor to come clean on the adultery allegations, but he prefers to remain silent until God says otherwise
Our sources revealed that the church stands divided because of the incident. While many insisted that the pastor should speak out, others are of the opinion that since God asked him to keep quite, he should wait until he says otherwise.
A member was quoted as saying, “God can’t ask you to keep quiet in this matter because his name is at stake too. The church of God is being accused here and the same God is telling him to keep quiet? That is immaterial, I can’t accept that.”
Findings further revealed that the preacher is currently working behind the scene to ‘bury’ the allegation.
The preacher has vowed to put an end to the ugly development that has soiled his hard-earned name and reputation.
We were also told that the man of God is making effort to reach out to the media to clear the mess and get the whole issue out of the public domain.

It was gathered that members of the church are also calling on Pastor Biodun to tender unreserved apology if he actually committed the sin or come out boldly to clear the air, rather than ‘waiting for God to tell him when to speak.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/09/30/aftermath-of-sex-scandal-mass-exodus-hits-coza/

Re: Aftermath Of Sex Scandal: Mass Exodus Hits COZA by PastorOluT(m): 8:23am On Oct 01, 2013
Hmm, whatever happens God still remain God and His reputation can never be tarnished for it is everlasting!
Re: Aftermath Of Sex Scandal: Mass Exodus Hits COZA by PastorOluT(m): 8:23am On Oct 01, 2013
Hmm, whatever happens God still remain God and His reputation can never be tarnished for it is everlasting!

2 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Sex Scandal: Mass Exodus Hits COZA by musaajebor(m): 8:42am On Oct 01, 2013
Touch not my annointed and do my prophrt no harm. I just hope some yellow yello chicadas remain in the church cow ordained pastor am willing to joined.
Re: Aftermath Of Sex Scandal: Mass Exodus Hits COZA by demelza: 9:11am On Oct 01, 2013
So up till now, God is still preparing a robust reply
The day that reply finally comes, Im sure the reception will dwarf that of the 10 commandments. undecided
Re: Aftermath Of Sex Scandal: Mass Exodus Hits COZA by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 01, 2013
I do not know exactly what the fuss here is? Logically, its obvious that this man committed the sexual insanctity, or is there a sense (if false) in being accused without defending? Even in Law, silence is tantarmount to agreement. Its better for him not to respond at all, than to put up a defencless defence and further spoil the whole show!
Re: Aftermath Of Sex Scandal: Mass Exodus Hits COZA by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:32am On Oct 01, 2013
demelza: So up till now, God is still preparing a robust reply
The day that reply finally comes, Im sure the reception will dwarf that of the 10 commandments. undecided

And this is the god that is going to judge me at the end? Haha. I'll wipe the floor with him. His angels will abandon him and follow me to hell.

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Sex Scandal: Mass Exodus Hits COZA by demelza: 9:37am On Oct 01, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

And this is the god that is going to judge me at the end? Haha. I'll wipe the floor with him. His angels will abandon him and follow me to hell.
And from which grimy and filth-ridden part of Hades, did this one crawl out from?

2 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Sex Scandal: Mass Exodus Hits COZA by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:08am On Oct 01, 2013
demelza: And from which grimy and filth-ridden part of Hades, did this one crawl out from?

how very christian of you.
Re: Aftermath Of Sex Scandal: Mass Exodus Hits COZA by mcfynest(m): 11:44am On Oct 01, 2013
LET GOD HAVE HIS WAY......

YHWH IS STILL GOD....NO MATTER WHAT......
Re: Aftermath Of Sex Scandal: Mass Exodus Hits COZA by realugee: 11:48am On Oct 01, 2013
Yeah! As More people are leaving, and More are Joining. Their members are still as much and even more than they were before the scandal. I worship there sometimes...
Re: Aftermath Of Sex Scandal: Mass Exodus Hits COZA by switdil(f): 12:03pm On Oct 01, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

undecided undecided undecided
I shake my head for this one
Re: Aftermath Of Sex Scandal: Mass Exodus Hits COZA by xager(m): 12:15pm On Oct 01, 2013
one by one, God will expose the liars! undecided
just give it time angry
Re: Aftermath Of Sex Scandal: Mass Exodus Hits COZA by xager(m): 12:19pm On Oct 01, 2013
musa ajebor: Touch not my annointed and do my prophrt no harm. I just hope some yellow yello chicadas remain in the church cow ordained pastor am willing to joined.
what are you saying?
Re: Aftermath Of Sex Scandal: Mass Exodus Hits COZA by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 01, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

how very christian of you.

How very satanic of you

@OP, I don't think the mass exodus of the members is the right thing to do, I think they should force the coza pastor to come out and deny the allagations leveled at him. If he insist on keeping mute till God "prepares a robust reply", then the members should kick him to the curbs till God "prepare a robust reply. What's good for the goose, is also good for the gander

Which sane man will allow the image of the body of christ(church) and that of him(the pastor) to be muddied up and keep quiet all in the name of "robust reply". Rawbishhhh!!
Re: Aftermath Of Sex Scandal: Mass Exodus Hits COZA by try69: 1:28pm On Oct 01, 2013
FP stuff @seun
Re: Aftermath Of Sex Scandal: Mass Exodus Hits COZA by PastorOluT(m): 10:39am On Oct 02, 2013
try69: FP stuff @seun

(1) (Reply)

Strange Message And Image Appear In Brasil / The Mark Of The Beast / Battling Girgashite Spirits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.