Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Radiator Fan Not Rolling At The Start Of The Engine. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Radiator Fan Not Rolling At The Start Of The Engine. (3452 Views)

Radiator Fan Constantly Running (even When Engine Is Off) / Radiator Fan Not Working / Help Radiator Fan Not Working ( Problem Solved ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Radiator Fan Not Rolling At The Start Of The Engine. by poca4real(m): 12:45pm On Oct 01, 2013
My broda honda baby 1998 model,were used from lekki down to lagos mainland during the weekend,the temp work normally without observing any overheating.when I want to return the car today,just to check the engine which I did not do when leaving lekki then,I observed the radiator fan is not working,my quetions is,does this car have a certain temperation before the fan start working?try to reach him,not avail.kindly advise what to do please.
Re: Radiator Fan Not Rolling At The Start Of The Engine. by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 01, 2013
You said the car isn't overheating? If Yes, please leave that car and don't alter it/ tamper with it. The fan automatically kicks in only when the engine temperature gets to a particular temperature range to draw air towards the radiator thus cooling down the temperature of the coolant and ultimately the engine. It repeats this cycle intermittently because the car engine is design run more efficiently and effectively, consume less fuel, and prolong the engine life. One more thing, pls DON'T let any clown that calls himself a mechanic to remove the termostat of the car or even rewire the radiator fan to run continously, If you/your brother allow them to do it, that engine will consume fuel, emmitt bluish smoking soon and die a painful death overtime.

Hope I explained this in a very simple manner that you can understand

3 Likes

Re: Radiator Fan Not Rolling At The Start Of The Engine. by Mcoldsoja(m): 6:18pm On Oct 01, 2013
lomomike: You said the car isn't overheating? If Yes, please leave that car and don't alter it/ tamper with it. The fan automatically kicks in only when the engine temperature gets to a particular temperature range to draw air towards the radiator thus cooling down the temperature of the coolant and ultimately the engine. It repeats this cycle intermittently because the car engine is design run more efficiently and effectively, consume less fuel, and prolong the engine life. One more thing, pls DON'T let any clown that calls himself a mechanic to remove the termostat of the car or even rewire the radiator fan to run continously, If you/your brother allow them to do it, that engine will consume fuel, emmitt bluish smoking soon and die a painful death overtime.

Hope I explained this in a very simple manner that you can understand
KPAKAM!
Re: Radiator Fan Not Rolling At The Start Of The Engine. by poca4real(m): 7:04pm On Oct 01, 2013
@lomomike,you are done well and give good advise.after I read your post,with faith,I kicked the car,start the journey,car deliver @ normal little temp.thanks.
Re: Radiator Fan Not Rolling At The Start Of The Engine. by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 01, 2013
poca4real: @lomomike,you are done well and give good advise.after I read your post,with faith,I kicked the car,start the journey,car deliver @ normal little temp.thanks.

You are most warmly welcome, sir pls don't be offended, next time when you type or write pls give spaces after the punctuation marks. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Radiator Fan Not Rolling At The Start Of The Engine. by poca4real(m): 8:20pm On Oct 01, 2013
Thanks man,u ave gave a good and great advise.it really works.

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Highlander SUV / If You Have This Car, Your Days Of Fearing Landlord Is Over / Toyota Corolla 03 Stolen Around Jabi Lake Mall Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.