Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,051 members, 7,814,615 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

Independence Celebration At Ekwueme Square In Awka - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Independence Celebration At Ekwueme Square In Awka (13639 Views)

Buhari And Saraki Smile At Each Other During Independence Celebration / Photos From 55th Independence Celebration In Abuja (Live) / Buhari's Victory Celebration At Gani Fawehinmi Freedom Park In Ojota, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Independence Celebration At Ekwueme Square In Awka by kingbang: 10:38am On Oct 02, 2013
cashkid18: nna nwanne,those children dey sharp n well fed in their skul uniform..sumbody shud post pics frm d sw lets compare cuz i knw igbos no dey carry last gringrin

Please don't derail this thread! biko!
Re: Independence Celebration At Ekwueme Square In Awka by Arysexy(m): 10:41am On Oct 02, 2013
jbaur24:

It is being built @ the new Greenwood City-Awka..

Its a new city that is being developed behind GRA..

behind which GRA? Esther Obiakor housing Estate or Udoka Estate?
Re: Independence Celebration At Ekwueme Square In Awka by spade: 10:41am On Oct 02, 2013
Wait... There's a school in Nigeria called "FARM SETTLEMENT"? shocked shocked

I caaaaaan't!!!

School of life! grin

1 Like

Re: Independence Celebration At Ekwueme Square In Awka by Okijajuju1(m): 10:43am On Oct 02, 2013
Arysexy:

Lol..

Nwokem I' be na Awka?!
Re: Independence Celebration At Ekwueme Square In Awka by Okeikpu(m): 10:46am On Oct 02, 2013
Chinoson oga adili gi na nma ; ) akwu solu ibeya gbaa nmanu grin

2 Likes

Re: Independence Celebration At Ekwueme Square In Awka by jbaur24: 10:50am On Oct 02, 2013
Arysexy:

Nah nah!

The best way to assess it is through the ABS-Judiciary road. If you stand at the James Ibori's hotel- Grand Riviera Resort you can sight it far off. The last I went there, they were doing the sites and services (roads, drainage, electrification etc).The sale of land there is not open to the general public yet, I think they concentrated on the diasporans, VIPs etc.. Its really a big place!
Re: Independence Celebration At Ekwueme Square In Awka by Arysexy(m): 10:53am On Oct 02, 2013
Okija_juju:

Lol..

Nwokem I' be na Awka?!

Abum nwa afo, mana e bim na Lagos ebe ana eme deportation.
Re: Independence Celebration At Ekwueme Square In Awka by adihuc(m): 10:58am On Oct 02, 2013
Wot a lovely day to rember, I wish to be forever young mehn grin
Re: Independence Celebration At Ekwueme Square In Awka by Arysexy(m): 11:02am On Oct 02, 2013
jbaur24:

Nah nah!

The best way to assess it is through the ABS-Judiciary road. If you stand at the James Ibori's hotel- Grand Riviera Resort you can sight it far off. The last I went there, they were doing the sites and services (roads, drainage, electrification etc).The sale of land there is not open to the general public yet, I think they concentrated on the diasporans, VIPs etc.. Its really a big place!

Oh! i now get, back of CBN building, ie former imo-Awka water works site. they have enough land there.. Nice location, kinda cenralised.

1 Like

Re: Independence Celebration At Ekwueme Square In Awka by roxell120(m): 11:02am On Oct 02, 2013
arm swinging was highly expected during my own time in progressive primary school achina in aguata lga. lovely children!
Re: Independence Celebration At Ekwueme Square In Awka by adihuc(m): 11:05am On Oct 02, 2013
Wot a lovely day to remember, wish to be forever young grin
Re: Independence Celebration At Ekwueme Square In Awka by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 02, 2013
Okija_juju:

You mean these children?!

Just look at osundefender grooming
Re: Independence Celebration At Ekwueme Square In Awka by SirCee: 11:05am On Oct 02, 2013
Up you, future leaders of tomorrow.
Re: Independence Celebration At Ekwueme Square In Awka by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 02, 2013
Okija_juju: Not cool...

Those uniforms and march past is not impressive..

Lemme see if I can find my Nigerian Navy Primary School march past pictures..
u still never seeam.....na ur type wey no dey appreciate good things
Re: Independence Celebration At Ekwueme Square In Awka by adihuc(m): 11:24am On Oct 02, 2013
adihuc: Wot a lovely day to rember, I wish to be forever young mehn grin
Re: Independence Celebration At Ekwueme Square In Awka by Okijajuju1(m): 11:34am On Oct 02, 2013
NOBLE DANDY:
u still never seeam.....na ur type wey no dey appreciate good things

Na beans... angry

I say I no impress, na by force?!
I knw say them try o! But I no dey feel am at all..
Re: Independence Celebration At Ekwueme Square In Awka by ChiSun27(m): 11:35am On Oct 02, 2013
sambroose: Dz school informs sef no fine .......

Sorry...which language is this?
Re: Independence Celebration At Ekwueme Square In Awka by Zonacom(m): 11:36am On Oct 02, 2013
Okija juju and cashkid unu n'acho nsogbu o. Make una no d find trouble i beg. Lmao! ;DOkija juju and cashkid unu n'acho nsogbu o. Make una no d find trouble i beg. Lmao!
Re: Independence Celebration At Ekwueme Square In Awka by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 02, 2013
the pics brought tears to my eyes.

definitely, after the stormy weather, calm may actually return.

i pray that Allah in His Infinite Mercy bring the calm and the undying unity by the time these youths became men and women and long before they are the leaders.

Oh You Who nothing is impossible with, bring love and dedication to the hearts and remove the hatred and division from the same hearts of the nigerian citizens.

i am in the silent majority. the rebirth of nigeria is inevitable. you who are the 'to be leaders of today' let the new dawn begin in your time from now onward.

best wishes people. this is the first time i am acknowledging my nigerian-ness without any reservation.

4 Likes

Re: Independence Celebration At Ekwueme Square In Awka by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 02, 2013
chei!
Missed those oct1 feeling.
Long live cadet of FGCNise. We shake that stadium wella.
Re: Independence Celebration At Ekwueme Square In Awka by Kesmakveli(m): 12:07pm On Oct 02, 2013
I miss awka so much... ASUU abeg nah, i just pray unizik dosent join dis strike. Its well

3 Likes

Re: Independence Celebration At Ekwueme Square In Awka by gratiaeo(m): 12:17pm On Oct 02, 2013
Okija_juju:

Okija-juju it no go better 4 you, i nearly fall from okada, imagine aboki de ask me wetin de do me as i de laugh like mad man

1 Like

Re: Independence Celebration At Ekwueme Square In Awka by ChisomMalachy(m): 12:34pm On Oct 02, 2013
If u no knw wetin to talk zip ur mouth! lipsrsealed
Re: Independence Celebration At Ekwueme Square In Awka by liyalla(m): 12:40pm On Oct 02, 2013
Is it just me or what? Why do women take active participation in everything even ryt frm our childhood yet men rule d world while women get pregnant tongue
Re: Independence Celebration At Ekwueme Square In Awka by Eumaca: 12:50pm On Oct 02, 2013
roxell120: arm swinging was highly expected during my own time in progressive primary school achina in aguata lga. lovely children!

Nwanne I bu nwa Idegwu?
Re: Independence Celebration At Ekwueme Square In Awka by Kevsman(m): 1:01pm On Oct 02, 2013
NA MY SCHOOL DAY CARI FIRST DOS DAYS grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Independence Celebration At Ekwueme Square In Awka by gratiaeo(m): 1:02pm On Oct 02, 2013
RoyPCain: the pics brought tears to my eyes.

definitely, after the stormy weather, calm may actually return.

i pray that Allah in His Infinite Mercy bring the calm and the undying unity by the time these youths became men and women and long before they are the leaders.

Oh You Who nothing is impossible with, bring love and dedication to the hearts and remove the hatred and division from the same hearts of the nigerian citizens.

i am in the silent majority. the rebirth of nigeria is inevitable. you who are the 'to be leaders of today' let the new dawn begin in your time from now onward.

best wishes people. this is the first time i am acknowledging my nigerian-ness without any reservation.
#chai! Tears roll from my eyes

1 Like

Re: Independence Celebration At Ekwueme Square In Awka by mirraccle1: 1:07pm On Oct 02, 2013
peace pays.
Re: Independence Celebration At Ekwueme Square In Awka by eaglechild: 1:19pm On Oct 02, 2013
Okija_juju:

grin
Papa Ajasco to the left.

1 Like

Re: Independence Celebration At Ekwueme Square In Awka by jbaur24: 2:12pm On Oct 02, 2013
We shall continue to celebrate the future Azikiwes, Achebes, Ojukwus, Chike Obis, Cardinal Arinze, Soludos, Emegwalis, Akunyilis, etc

Re: Independence Celebration At Ekwueme Square In Awka by osymerga(m): 3:01pm On Oct 02, 2013
Really love the environment. Sure,that area is really a government area.We have the house of assembly,state high court,federal high court,the state secretariat,the asubeb,and the ongoing fed secretariat been constructed plus other govt buildings.It deserved the name"three armed zone" indeed.
Re: Independence Celebration At Ekwueme Square In Awka by osymerga(m): 3:17pm On Oct 02, 2013
I was there live at ekwueme sq.I will say the celebration was a very colourful one.Is it the police parade,the immigration ser.the nscd,the corpers who supplied band in conj.with the army,red cross,m.o.ds,man o war,the anambra indigens disengaged workers,the indomie company,the over hundred schools,the calisthenics and cultural display,ajo offia,ada mma and izzaga masqurades etc tha all performed ? What i even loved most was the turn out of the masses. I shed tears when then school of the needs(deaf and dumb students)addressed the gov.during their match pass. I also recognised the christ embassy followers who were busy handing down the independent raphsody books and cds plate for free. Kudos to the organisers and all the security outfits. It was a nice event and i enjoyed it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ikpeazu At Ossy Prestige's Service Of Songs (Photos) / Peter Obi Is A Disruptor But Lacks National Appeal – Osita Chidoka (Video) / Compilation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.