Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,558 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? - Gaming (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? (21382 Views)

Poll: Your preferred next generation console?

Sony Ps3: 50% (47 votes)
Nintendo Wii: 18% (17 votes)
Xbox 360?: 31% (29 votes)
This poll has ended

Easy Way To Downgrade Sony PS3 / :: Brand New Sony PS3 Super Slim 250GB :: / Official Nintendo Wii Softmod Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by zebudaya(m): 12:11am On Dec 01, 2006
I think microsoft is going to win the war
nintendo second
Playstation 3 last

Quote Zebudaya when it happens, people wont be able to buy a ps3 in stores until a year from now, but wii is available right now in stores.
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by echowords(m): 6:29am On Jan 10, 2007
Some of these guyz saying ps3 is best, ps3 is the best, havent seen the console yet just repeating what they heard.
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by xheggs(m): 7:31pm On Jan 21, 2007
Guy, Guy!!!!!!! cheesy I have seen the Sony PS3 and i know what it contains man. U need to see it chizzle wink
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by texazzpete(m): 8:43am On Jan 22, 2007
u've seen? I HAVE a Ps3, and i havent turned it on in weeks now. there's no difernce between it and the xbox360, except for the huge cost! I mean, xbox 360 = 45K in alaba, ps3 = 110k. the choice is obvious except to the criminally brainwashed!

When the Ps3 gets good games, i'll consider it. for now, i'm selling off my machine
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by marhoatumu(m): 4:06pm On Jan 24, 2007
my preferred next gen console is the 360, though i,m not really into consoles. im more of a pc gamer.
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by dblock(m): 6:30pm On Feb 02, 2007
Nintwndo was a waste of time
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by sykboi(m): 6:32pm On Feb 02, 2007
The Ps3 is the best game that has been created and the price varies, the 20gig ps3 costs $499.00 and the 60 gig one costs $599.00.And the ps3 has more to offer it can play blu ray and many other more things and its a hd console so there is nothing to loose, when microsoft found out about all the facilities of the ps3 they started addin things to their own and making new editions of the 360 which isnt fair to the people that already own one.But the best game console for breakthrough technology is the nintendo wii but i still pick the ps3
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by dakmanzero(m): 9:46am On Feb 04, 2007
oga

no dey misreprezsent di facts

there are no new versions of the 360. MS released an hddvd ADD-ON which is seperate, and thats good, cos u dont want movies wearing out the drive u use for games (constant spinning). plus 360+hddvd drive = ps3 price wise, and in europe its cheaper.

the new 360s that are proposed are simply getting HDMI output, which is a new type of plug in the back, for COPY PROTECTION. as a 9jerian, will u ever have a use for that? jeeeee-zus. 360's already do 1080p over component.

playing bluray is not a real feature yet. let the must-have movies arrive first.

at the moment we cant be sure which is better, 360 or ps3. only time will tell. for now i hope u know there are hardly any ps3 exclusives left, even Unreal 2007 has jumped ship to 360, now. How long before namco and konami follow suit? Once ps3 loses control of MGS the war is over.
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by spikyn: 5:03pm On Feb 05, 2007
Nintendo listens to it's critics, leans back, closes it's eyes and gently hums "What A Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong grin
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by dblock(m): 9:09am On Feb 07, 2007
Nintendo has being shite for the last 6 years. Nintendo is Microsofts and Sony's Bitch, The Gamecube didn't meet upt to expectations, DS couldn't comete with the PSP and Wii is an absolute and complete waste of time. I suggest to Nintendo to organise some sotta merger in the near future, cos they can't compete grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by spikyn: 12:48pm On Feb 07, 2007
@dblock

wink
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by texazzpete(m): 3:10pm On Feb 07, 2007
and the Wii is outselling the PS3 in all territories, especially in Japan where it outsells the Ps3 at a ratio of 3:1!

Go Nintendo!
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by marhoatumu(m): 3:45pm On Feb 07, 2007
dblock:

Nintendo has being shite for the last 6 years. Nintendo is Microsofts and Sony's Bitch, The Gamecube didn't meet upt to expectations, DS couldn't comete with the PSP and Wii is an absolute and complete waste of time. I suggest to Nintendo to organise some sotta merger in the near future, because they can't compete grin grin grin grin grin
you obviouslyhavent been reading much about game news. for yur information, the Nintendo DS has outsold the psp 4 to 1, the lowest selling game on the DS has sold more units than the highest on the PSP, and to make matters worse, the same is happening between the wii and the ps3. so nintendo is nobodys bitch, unless you are talking about nigeria where almost everybody thinks of playstation and nothing else
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by WebMonk(m): 9:58pm On Feb 07, 2007
Hailing all Nairalanders for their opinions,

I was a hardcore Nintendo Monk (Until i got baptised in secondary school. My 64 gathers dust in my room as a reminder grin)

I don't know what nintendo's thinking but the fact they haven't eneded up like sega deserves a gold medal (oh, saved by the little children! grin)

Ps 3 will definetly by my bet. So many mature games on it you won't find on Nin's wii (Devil May Cry, Prince of Persia, Greek god of war, etc ), and i got tired of waiting for Link in Zelda to grow (never touched a gamecube)

Sony just knows how to do it. Ps2 had probs initially, remember?

Oh, stumbled on something rather interesting. the things people will do for a wii!

Woman Dies in Wii Contest!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6164191.html?sid=6164191
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by echowords(m): 10:08pm On Feb 07, 2007
@JeffCorbin
Nintendo absolutely rules the videogame market in japan. No hope for sony and microsoft there.

@ WebMonk
used to be a nintendog too, till they stole my N64 in school, I still cry over the carton at night.
but right now me and my 360 are having a good time and thats what i would advice any EX nintendog to buy. its to closest thing to
classic gameing. plus we can go back and play old nintendo franchise like perfect dark.
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by dblock(m): 10:24pm On Feb 07, 2007
Nintendo sucks, there must be lots of idiots out there if the DS outsold the PSP
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by WebMonk(m): 10:29pm On Feb 07, 2007
@echowords
used to be a nintendog too, till they stole my N64 in school, I still cry over the carton at night.
but right now me and my 360 are having a good time and thats what i would advice any EX nintendog to buy. its to closest thing to
classic gameing. plus we can go back and play old nintendo franchise like perfect dark.

oh, sweet words! Perfect Dark was/IS the only thing that still makes me look at my 64 (Wipes the dust with tears). And they had the nerve to use it to sell thier expansion pack! how rude! angry

but my bro can't wait for ps3. He's settling for 360. guess i'll find which is the real deal

Nintendo sucks, there must be lots of idiots out there if the DS outsold the PSP

Guess that's what they call a sucker sell (pictures a lollipop on many heads)
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by dakmanzero(m): 5:34pm On Feb 17, 2007
@dblock, sorry but your lunch is about to be eaten.

The writing on the wall now is that Nintendo is making a comeback, and if Sony doesnt wise up soon they are finished.

personally I think what is happening is this- we, the nintendo generation, outgrew our mario's and sonics and needed bloody, violent, sex-filled games like GOD OF WAR but nintendo failed to provide them. enter sony.

Now, however, we have outgrown all that mayhem and we need fun games we can use to relax, or play with our newfound wives, girlfriends and children. Nintendo realised this, having missed the bus the first time, and have made a comeback with the ds and wii, and games like brain age, nintendogs and wii sports which appeal to all ages and are fun in a family setting.

I personally think decapitating heads in gears of war is the total BOMB but I challenge you to find five women who agree, and that you know personally. The more blood, more tits and more ass style of gaming is going out of fashion and sony with it.

Finally, for those who say that insane violence isnt going away, and at worst will become a niche like nintendos kiddy games during the n64 and gamecube days, note that Microsoft is stealing sony's ;lunch wholesale in that area. At the moment the only real exclusive franchise the ps3 has left is mgs4. tekken and ff13 are not a sure thing, asassins creed, gta, pro evo, fifa, ut2007, fight night, and almost everything else that was exclusive to the ps3 has jumped ship to 360. Worse still, many of them look better on the supposeldy less powerful 360.

in 9ja we love ps, but its only because we can't *really* afford games, and ps games are pirated like no man's business.

However, recent sony consoles are bucking this trend- still no pira psp or ps3 games, and there probably never will be (UMD and Bluray are not open standards). However the PSP is seeing a lease of life because of the craze of downloading pirated psp ISO's

Bottom line- sony's popularity in 9ja means JACK in the global picture of things. so lets forget what we think over here and look at the global picture.

Gamecube and xbox lost to ps2. over four years ago. Thats ancient history.

DS and PSP were launched against each other. PSP is the most poweful handheld you can buy for games (i attest to that as a proud owner of a modified psp) but is ridiculously expensive and not innovative (just a big gameboy advance). DS is much less powerful, but cheaper, and loaded with innovative games you cant find elsewhere.

The DS is murdering the PSP at retail so completely it is almost a sick joke. sony will soon have to scrap the psp (i dread that day because its lovely to play pirated iso's on the machine! Of course those of us who bought the psp for pira are only making sony's case worse!)

The wii is slaughtering the PS3 just as mercilessly and, it is cheaper, less powerful and more innovative than the powerful and expensive ps3. Obviously things are going the same way as with the ds- Dont be surprised if sony is reduced to an also-ran in the gaming world soon.

The only thing that can save sony is the hardcore community in Japan. And the japanese all seem to be buying wii's.

Honestly I think Sony is more of nintendo's bitch, dude.
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by texazzpete(m): 5:47pm On Feb 17, 2007
Here are the latest Japanese console hardware sales for the week of Feb 5 - 11, 2007:

NDS Lite - 201,177 [1,103,588] units
Wii - 78,550 [603,378] units
PSP - 32,175 [303,113] units
PlayStation 3 - 23,431 [178,734] units
PlayStation 2 - 16,033 [149,437] units
Xbox 360 - 4,811 [52,617] units
GBA SP - 980 [8,136] units
GB Micro - 884 [10,245] units
GameCube - 383 [3,459] units
NDS - 121 [561] units
GBA - 36 [328] units

as you can clearly see, Nintendo ownz all!!

all those people buying DS can't be wrong, can they?
I played Medal of Honor on a PSP and it really sucked, the PSP can't do FPS well. The DS on the other hand is perfect for FPS, with some people finding its unique controls as intuitive or more so than the PCs Mouse and keyboard.
Just an example.
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by dblock(m): 6:08am On Feb 18, 2007
Those sales figures are inaccurate, because the PS3 just came out and most customers cannot afford it as of now. The console is quite expensive, it's about a 1000 Aussie bucks here in Australia, if bought in a store and 770 if pre-ordered.
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by texazzpete(m): 11:06am On Feb 18, 2007
@dblock
and the nintendo wii didn't just come out? Didn't the ps3 launch before the Wii in japan?

Stop gabbling about the price! ya think sony didn't know when they put the price so high? There isn't gonna be a price cut for the Ps3 anytime soon, so u can bet ps3 will get owned by the Wii in 2007 too!

The DS is outselling the PSP in all territories! Better graphics does not a better game make, the DS beats the PSP in innovation, fun games that cater to all ages, and it far outstrips the PSP in battery life.

Yes, nintendo made some mistakes in the n64 and Gamecube, but they're getting over them.

It's osny that made the bigger mistake. Look at them bragging that Resistance: fall of man is a 25GB game. Gears of War fit in on a standard dual layer DVD, (less than 8.7GB) and yet it has better graphics and far better textures than Resistance.
crysis is coming out for the PC this year, and u can bet that it fits on a dual layer DVD, yet it'll own anything on PS3 and 360.

When Sony releases Killzone 2 it'll probably occupy like 30 GB, i'll eat my hat if its better graphically than Halo 3.
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by texazzpete(m): 11:07am On Feb 18, 2007
there are ps3 consoles piled up on shelves in the US, the Wii on the other hand is almost impossible to find. nintendo even acknowledges that it'll be diffiult getting the problem resolved until April this year.
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by Neoteny(m): 1:18pm On Feb 19, 2007
say you gone play a game that's 20 hours long, and on average-being sorta hardcore-you tan the machine for say 4 straight hours: how long can you keep flailing your arms? that wii crap belongs in a fukking health club not
my gaddam sitting room. dang, if i need biceps i know where to go, but i dont need any, i just wanna lose myself in vice city, wot's with the workout?
every product has a certain trajectory, and i think its still too early to tell what console will eventually be the winner until midway in its flight path. ive argued this before and im going to say it again: the mad dash for the wii is just an ephemeral fad; eventually the novelty of the wii pad will wear off and people will realize that link will never grow up, mario will always be a plumber, and nintendo will always be stuck in kiddie world while we've all outgrown shigeru miyamoto.
games are for gamers, satellite tv is for the family so,vdakmanzero, the notion of targeting bob's wife and aunt peggy with a mind to getting them to play games is a silly notion that deviates from the core issue of what these consoles have to offer for gamers, cos most of the folks ranting about how too much power is less of an appeal are simply blog lurkers who really are not gamers. genuine gamers drool about how games are going to look, feel and play. the non gaming community are just curious about " The New New Thing". which the wii is.
okay so the japs are going in droves for the wii and ds. big deal, we dont always get the japs. this is an island fascinated with gizmos and bots and tamagotchi so its to be expected that the wii pad'll make them ecstatic. that in itself symbolizes nothing. its just jap craze. even that craze will go the may of Aibo and Asimo. grin
what i simply say is this: the real battle is between ps3 and xbox360. what can they offer us now, later, five years down the road? and the answer is: the same thing every console offers us down the years: better looking/better playing games. more realism, more grit,more violence more real world scenarios, more blunting of the line between movies and games. and that premise, happily, is beyond the wii.
scoff all you want. tezzazzpete did already when i said grafx are the future. very funny what he said in reaction to my assertion that some day devs will find a way to make grafx play an integral role in the narrative of games. but then development of games had always hinged on one fact: enhancement of the reality of the audio visual experience. sales had hinged on two facts: the above fact, and tons of good mature games on one console.
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by Hugoboi(m): 1:24pm On Feb 19, 2007
what i simply say is this: the real battle is between ps3 and xbox360. what can they offer us now

true story!! In my honest opinion,nintendo just sucks mo especially for real time gamers, i owned a ps and an xbox @ one time or the otha but neva a nintendo{not even in the days of the infamous SNES], ps3 or Xbox 360/ Only time'll tell!!!
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by dakmanzero(m): 4:46pm On Feb 19, 2007
nice to c u again neoteny smiley

wii games will not be designed to be played for 20 hrs straight. I say THANK GOD! just on sunday i decided to try out supreme commander and had to abandon the game when it threatened to thriow \my whole weekend down the drain. And it was just one battle- I could easily have l;ost and had to start again. NOT what I need niow that my time is so precious.

Your so called 'mature' games are just called mature bnecause of blood guts and naked boobs. Thats an adolescent's idea of 'mature'. Real mature games are games like sim city,nintendogs, animal crossing and brain age which address real issues, and there are more of those on nintendo. Realistic graphics only make it more difficult to sell a violent game as a mere diversion and not some sick power trip fantasy. To be honest with u, I love gears of war, but if I had it on pc i'd have NO QUALMS about turning off ALL the advanced graphics if my computert couldnt handle it. Reason? By now I have figured out that the graphics add little or nothing to a game. I played halo1 on PC with a 9200se, almost all shaders turned off and it was still one of the best games i ever played. I played doom3 when i had my 9800PRO 256mb with all settings on max plus stebncil shadow volumkes and iot was still boring rubbish. HL2 despite a less sophiosticated gfx engine came across as better due to excellent artwork, characterisation, and other cool technology like interaction with the environment. GEARS is awesome not because of its graphics but because of the amazing balancing of its pop-and-shoot gameplay.

If nintendo believes they can delivewr without 10,000,000 polygons then more power to them. In fairness to you, I think the wii is actually rather seriously underpowered- at least they shopuld have let perform to the extent where gfx limitations wont force gameplay changes but it seems thats the case (devs say) but by no means is the overkill of 1080p a viable draw for me. A psp screen is big enough for a good game.
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by c0dec(m): 8:10pm On Feb 19, 2007
nintendogs?? animal crossing?? mature?? hell no!
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by dblock(m): 7:02am On Feb 20, 2007
I can't picture myself using naything Nintendo, I'd have to get my brain Hijacked

The Ps3 is da bomb cheesy
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by spikyn: 4:59pm On Feb 22, 2007
Hola! I own a Wii. Until you play it, I think you should just not comment on tiredness et al.

I remember when this thread started. It was all about how Nintendo was gonna get creamed etc, now a few months on and Wii's are platinumised and can't even be found to buy. Say what you will, Nintendo read the market right since the DS and have managed to ensure that they'll not only stay above water but also pull ahead and aim for 1st place.

The 360 is everything Sega could ever wish the Dreamcast was and like I predicted Sony dropped the ball, shot themselves in the foot and want the consumer to apologise for their pain. Going toe-toe with Microsoft's war-chest was very ill-advised and they should have focused on what made them top dog in 2 successive gaming generations.

I personally think the 2-tier model is wrong and generates beef. Make one PS3, price it at $550 (mid-point price) and concentrate on making games and let Blu-Ray swim with the sharks. Tying the success of the console to the DVD format was too big a gamble.

So once again in response to the thread topic, I say: "I declare for the Wii!"
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by dblock(m): 7:11am On Feb 23, 2007
Boo Hoo tongue tongue
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by Badman888(m): 7:21am On Feb 23, 2007
The wii sucks, most of the games are for target audience of younger people. I go with the ps3 as well as 360 anytime any day.
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by echowords(m): 9:48pm On Feb 23, 2007
I've being wondering, how do you play soccer on wii ??
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by dakmanzero(m): 1:53am On Feb 25, 2007
hey codec

nintendogs is a mature game. It's a pet simulator, only a 'game' in the loosest sense.

Animal crossing is a mature game for a similar reason- like second life what it really is is a sort of 'chat room' with stuff to do when you get bored.

both games will appeal to older people that unlike us, are not so into GAMING as to feel insecure by the sight of cute or pleasant graphics. Afterall millions of office workers use explorer with its cute dog, and office with its office assistants- or IM's with their cute smilies. They aren't as sensitive as we are to cute graphics because we have many bad memories of people calling us 'immature' because we played with mario games, and good memories of escaping that 'immature' label when the games began to feature bloodthirsty mass-murdering maniacs that indulge in human sacrifice and infanticide (Kratos from God of War)

@badman88 pls dont judge the wii so harshly. look at the ads. How many younger players do you see? However there are a lot of middle-aged, elderly and female gamers in the ads, no?

@echowords- the wiimote becomes a regular pad when you turn it sideways. Also, the nunchuck when connected to the wiimote makes a powerful controller that can adapt to many types of game, soccer is but a simple matter. ALready Madden on the wii is recieving praise for its innovative control scheme on the wii.

Finally you guys that are jumpting on the ps3 bandwagon I hope u know that all kinds of crap has been happening on that front recently. Apart from losing exclusives like no mans business, the ps3 is also losing backwards compatibility:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=23003

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fly Microsoft Flight Stimulator (fsx) Online And Earn 100 Dollars Monthly / PlayStation 3 hacking and Game Installation Services / 10 Video Games That Were Doomed To Fail But Ultimately Surprised Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.