Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

How To Stop Obsessing Over Your Body Image And Beat Negative Thoughts. - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Stop Obsessing Over Your Body Image And Beat Negative Thoughts. (18305 Views)

What Coke Does To Your Body in 60 minutes / 6 Ways To Stop Obsessing / Unable To Stop Throwing Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Stop Obsessing Over Your Body Image And Beat Negative Thoughts. by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 16, 2013
Dis gurl>me< is superperfect... EVERYTHING about me is kul.. Ur opinion is not needed..
Re: How To Stop Obsessing Over Your Body Image And Beat Negative Thoughts. by Bkrubzy(m): 1:43pm On Oct 16, 2013
U ddnt even cnsidr doz dat fink dey r t00 thin
Re: How To Stop Obsessing Over Your Body Image And Beat Negative Thoughts. by KOLITE93(f): 1:44pm On Oct 16, 2013
Am always worried about my height
Re: How To Stop Obsessing Over Your Body Image And Beat Negative Thoughts. by kadman(m): 2:00pm On Oct 16, 2013
One of the best articles I've seen on Nairaland lately.

There's a misguided conception that Africans living in Africa don't suffer from body image issues - well in 2013 we do! Another misconception is that men don't, well I'm an African man and I do.

I have come to realise to a certain extent I always would, but I've come to use it positvely, by going in excercise programs and a reasonable diet. Notice I said reasonable, this means a diet I could sustain for the very long term, which can adpat to changing life situations.

To deal with body issues; set a goal of where you possibly want to be, set up a reasonable diet, start a training program - doesn't have to be crazy to start with but something to jump kick. Then set another goal and repeat.

And remember a healthy body is from inside, read and educate yourself how to feel good inside - I'm talking detox, colon cleansing, proper knowledge of vitamins e.t.c

Working hard on my body in the last two years has changed my life, I look good and more importantly feel good, I have confidence that shows in my work and relationships.
It's not enough to think you can beat a negative body image mentally, you actually have to do something about it.
Same way you can't just beat poverty by thinking - you gotta go out and get a job smiley

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Obsessing Over Your Body Image And Beat Negative Thoughts. by rash47(m): 2:02pm On Oct 16, 2013
[quote author=herkeym001]Am at Maraba, ilorin.[/quotf

Flower garden here, ow d sallah?
Re: How To Stop Obsessing Over Your Body Image And Beat Negative Thoughts. by japhmanuel: 2:09pm On Oct 16, 2013
Kul
Re: How To Stop Obsessing Over Your Body Image And Beat Negative Thoughts. by Adamsdelrio(m): 2:32pm On Oct 16, 2013
I like everything about myself so I don't need to envy what others have. I cherish what I see whenever I look at the mirror. I don't need to struggle hard on perfecting my imperfections because of what someone said. I LOVE THE WAY I AM!!!!!!
Re: How To Stop Obsessing Over Your Body Image And Beat Negative Thoughts. by Ediss(m): 2:58pm On Oct 16, 2013
Hmmmm thanks anyways
Re: How To Stop Obsessing Over Your Body Image And Beat Negative Thoughts. by Blckb3ard(m): 3:20pm On Oct 16, 2013
Nice one OP,doh ur grammar plenty sha.......
Re: How To Stop Obsessing Over Your Body Image And Beat Negative Thoughts. by UjSizzle(f): 3:22pm On Oct 16, 2013
I've complained about my body a zillion and one times embarassed
Re: How To Stop Obsessing Over Your Body Image And Beat Negative Thoughts. by 170chuks(m): 3:26pm On Oct 16, 2013
Actually i didn't read that. .
Re: How To Stop Obsessing Over Your Body Image And Beat Negative Thoughts. by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 16, 2013
Maybe people would stop obsessing if they were accepted the way they are. Only the strong go through bad remarks about their appearance.

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Obsessing Over Your Body Image And Beat Negative Thoughts. by GentleMimi: 3:53pm On Oct 16, 2013
mustaphagreens: no need i've got six sacks! 4th to comment
u've got six sacks,then u are an obese elephant.my bobo has six 'packs' and he's a don. Go figure....

1 Like

Re: How To Stop Obsessing Over Your Body Image And Beat Negative Thoughts. by Akpan107(m): 3:56pm On Oct 16, 2013
C'est moi:
Nice one!
you fat?
Re: How To Stop Obsessing Over Your Body Image And Beat Negative Thoughts. by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 16, 2013
[quote
author=Adamsdelrio]I like everything about myself so I don't need to
envy what others have. I cherish what I see whenever I look at the
mirror. I don't need to struggle hard on perfecting my imperfections
because of what someone said. I LOVE THE WAY I AM!!!!!![/quote]Thas nice.
Re: How To Stop Obsessing Over Your Body Image And Beat Negative Thoughts. by jvera(f): 4:21pm On Oct 16, 2013
Me lyk ma sf d way I am I sha sexy ma bf lyk me lyk me da way pple shud starve themsf in d name of treamin dwn no kil u sf no b by force
Re: How To Stop Obsessing Over Your Body Image And Beat Negative Thoughts. by jvera(f): 4:26pm On Oct 16, 2013
Me sha lyk masf d way I am. am sexy nd i kno it b confident in ursf dnt go starvin ursf cos sum1 tld u da ur fat
Re: How To Stop Obsessing Over Your Body Image And Beat Negative Thoughts. by Wallace2107: 4:43pm On Oct 16, 2013
Six pack ok,2 pac grin grin
Re: How To Stop Obsessing Over Your Body Image And Beat Negative Thoughts. by Wallace2107: 4:44pm On Oct 16, 2013
Na I single pack I get...beer na correct
Re: How To Stop Obsessing Over Your Body Image And Beat Negative Thoughts. by jimmy84(m): 4:44pm On Oct 16, 2013
[quote
author=rachelfred]Dis gurl>me< is superperfect... EVERYTHING
about me is kul.. Ur opinion is not needed.. [/quote] guess what? u r
jess like me
Re: How To Stop Obsessing Over Your Body Image And Beat Negative Thoughts. by jimmy84(m): 4:52pm On Oct 16, 2013
Wallace2107: Na I single pack I get...beer na correct
k
Re: How To Stop Obsessing Over Your Body Image And Beat Negative Thoughts. by DermalCarotene(f): 5:17pm On Oct 16, 2013
Thanks a lot @OP..
Re: How To Stop Obsessing Over Your Body Image And Beat Negative Thoughts. by Dannylux: 5:24pm On Oct 16, 2013
None of these tips help. it takes more than reading it to impact it in your life.
Re: How To Stop Obsessing Over Your Body Image And Beat Negative Thoughts. by Moyenii(f): 5:53pm On Oct 16, 2013
d truth is,pple will always say whateva they want to without considering ur feelings...what ve learnt in lyf is 2 beliv in urself nd shut out all d negative opinions

3 Likes

Re: How To Stop Obsessing Over Your Body Image And Beat Negative Thoughts. by IceSplash(f): 6:50pm On Oct 16, 2013
i love this..........tnx
Re: How To Stop Obsessing Over Your Body Image And Beat Negative Thoughts. by Yemlizzy(f): 6:50pm On Oct 16, 2013
Itz al abt ur self-esteem cos dz determines ow yhu feel abt urself even if u ve got it all nd yhu ve a vri low self-esteem itz amounts 2 nufin xo jex try 2 feel gud abt ur urself.....itz nt pride buh kwin ur worth grin
Re: How To Stop Obsessing Over Your Body Image And Beat Negative Thoughts. by deejay717(f): 7:43pm On Oct 16, 2013
Love yourself first ladies or no one else willsmiley guys too.
Re: How To Stop Obsessing Over Your Body Image And Beat Negative Thoughts. by awofe20(m): 8:05pm On Oct 16, 2013
abubaka101: I think this is one of the best "How to's" posted on Nairaland.
I attributed this article to not just a negative thought abt appearance but to the idea of negativity in general. I now feel much liberated emotionally.
Re: How To Stop Obsessing Over Your Body Image And Beat Negative Thoughts. by Lakayanah: 10:11pm On Oct 16, 2013
I love myself I take care of myself I think to a fault. For the past 10years I've been a regular at the gym. Everyday I do nothing less than 300situps aerobics I eat like food. Regular massages pedicure I do myself. I like how my clothes fit. When you work on yourself you spend less on tailors I give my clothes to local tailors that charges between 800 to 1k per gown just because everything is where it's suppose to be the design will look a million bucks. My sisters out there take care of yourself and see how you will be oozing with confidence wherever you go to.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Da Grin's Mom: The Hospital Killed My Son / Collapsed Water Tank Kills Woman, Nine-Day-Old Child In Ondo / Coping With Pregnancy & Fibroids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.