Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,001 members, 7,825,101 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Can You Change A Man: Boyfriend Or Husband? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Change A Man: Boyfriend Or Husband? (2099 Views)

Few Tips On How A Man/boyfriend Should Manage His Home Issues. / How To Catch A Cheating Boyfriend Or Husband- A Must Read For Ladies! / How Do You Change Your Last Name After Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Change A Man: Boyfriend Or Husband? by pssword: 11:58am On Jun 06, 2006
Can you really change your man? I stumbled across this article in times online, about how two women who were able to change their husbands by applying their business/boardroom skills in their relationship to fix their husbands and in return their marriage. They first kicked out the husbands, then when the husbands begged to come home, they applied these rules/skills aimed at making the men help out at home, getting jobs to help with finances planning kids holidays/homework etc, One of the male responders to the book called it another man-hating book!! Is this another ploy for women to control men? ;is this the" marriage is a partnership" issue; equality of women? How to DEAL with bad/irresponsible husbands? I don't know. However, I think the role of the modern man with regards to his involvement in the home is changing. But this applying rules/kicking out etc, to change the man sha, e get as e be?

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,17909-2208916,00.html
Re: Can You Change A Man: Boyfriend Or Husband? by kajad(m): 11:17pm On Jun 06, 2006
Obviously the women are the bosses here while the men are the expendable pawns.
i would like to know the result where the men are top level executives.
Re: Can You Change A Man: Boyfriend Or Husband? by omogenaija(f): 1:33am On Jun 14, 2006
the only person u can change is urself.

people only change if they want to.
Re: Can You Change A Man: Boyfriend Or Husband? by aloib(f): 4:05am On Jun 14, 2006
u can change ur partner, they say behind the success and falure of a man theres always a woman behind, i think i can change my man o
Re: Can You Change A Man: Boyfriend Or Husband? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Dec 18, 2009
Re: Can You Change A Man: Boyfriend Or Husband? by ifyalways(f): 2:44pm On Dec 18, 2009
Its difficult or almost Impossible to change a grown-up adult UNLess he/she wants to change.
You can only tolerate and accept each others fault.Sometimes,ur tolerance,acceptance and love 'might' prompt ur partner to change.
Re: Can You Change A Man: Boyfriend Or Husband? by Fhemmmy: 4:16pm On Dec 18, 2009
No one can change the other.
BTW, when you change a man, he is no more the man you fell in love with.
Re: Can You Change A Man: Boyfriend Or Husband? by coolier(f): 6:20pm On Dec 18, 2009
No. But I can make a positive change in his life.
Re: Can You Change A Man: Boyfriend Or Husband? by ubiaa5(f): 7:09pm On Dec 18, 2009
No u cannot change a man,he is wat he is,if there is or are things that u definately cannot live without while dating better run,it wont change after marriage, it will only get worse,i hear people say oh pray 4 him he'll change,   no he wont,habits n behaviours die hard.Either learn to live with it or u dont.
Re: Can You Change A Man: Boyfriend Or Husband? by Fhemmmy: 7:24pm On Dec 18, 2009
ubiaa5:

No u cannot change a man,he is wat he is,if there is or are things that u definately cannot live without while dating better run,it wont change after marriage, it will only get worse,i hear people say oh pray 4 him he'll change,   no he wont,habits n behaviours die hard.Either learn to live with it or u dont.

well said
Re: Can You Change A Man: Boyfriend Or Husband? by ooohyea: 1:08am On Dec 19, 2009
you cant change a person's personality or upbringing. However, I do believe that you can change their thought process. worked for me. but it takes patience and persistance.
Re: Can You Change A Man: Boyfriend Or Husband? by Sissy3(f): 2:26am On Dec 19, 2009
you can lead a horse to the water but you cant force the horse to drink from it. same with changing people
Re: Can You Change A Man: Boyfriend Or Husband? by TOPE20001(f): 2:27am On Dec 19, 2009
~Sissy~:

you can lead a horse to the water but you cant force the horse to drink from it. same with changing people

true words cool
Re: Can You Change A Man: Boyfriend Or Husband? by OgidiBoy(m): 2:29am On Dec 19, 2009
~Sissy~:

Why would you want to change your husband in the first place, you knew about his habits before you married him right ?

How are you sis kiss
Re: Can You Change A Man: Boyfriend Or Husband? by TOPE20001(f): 2:31am On Dec 19, 2009
OgidiBoy:

Why would you want to change your husband in the first place, you knew about his habits before you married him right ?

How are you sis kiss

do u knw some ppl change after marriage. tongue
Re: Can You Change A Man: Boyfriend Or Husband? by OgidiBoy(m): 2:34am On Dec 19, 2009
TOPE2000!:

do u knw some ppl change after marriage. tongue

Yeah but it's just a matter of time before they go back to their old self.
Re: Can You Change A Man: Boyfriend Or Husband? by Sissy3(f): 2:37am On Dec 19, 2009
TOPE2000!:

true words cool

is dat u shocked shocked shocked

u still dey? longest time!
how bodi kiss

OgidiBoy:

How are you sis kiss

many women have this mindset that they can change their men and their bad behaviors even when the person shows no interest in changing.

your sis is fine. how is ma big brotha doing?  kiss hope u have being a good boi tongue dnt disappoint me angry
Re: Can You Change A Man: Boyfriend Or Husband? by TOPE20001(f): 2:39am On Dec 19, 2009
OgidiBoy:

Yeah but it's just a matter of time before they go back to their old self.

U reckon? undecided

~Sissy~:

how bodi kiss

yes its me hun. how u dey? kiss
Re: Can You Change A Man: Boyfriend Or Husband? by OgidiBoy(m): 2:40am On Dec 19, 2009
~Sissy~:

how bodi kiss

many women have this mindset that they can change their men and their bad behaviors even when the person shows no interest in changing.

your sis is fine. how is ma big brotha doing?  kiss hope u have being a good boi tongue dnt disappoint me angry

Your big bros is doing fine dear.

You right I think it's wrong for a woman to try and change a man. That's why it's good to know that person before you marry em.
Re: Can You Change A Man: Boyfriend Or Husband? by Sissy3(f): 2:49am On Dec 19, 2009
TOPE2000!:

yes its me hun. how u dey? kiss

me is fine oo grin
OgidiBoy:

Your big bros is doing fine dear.

You right I think it's wrong for a woman to try and change a man. That's why it's good to know that person before you marry em.

wait. i have get your behavior progress report 4rom my secret spy agents b4 i accept ur words

yes its wrong because before you can change a person, the person have to wholeheartedly admit they have a problem and need help with it but many men are too egoistic to admit they have a problem and trying to change them becomes a lost course.

so before change can take place, admittance of a problem and willingness to change have to be there
Re: Can You Change A Man: Boyfriend Or Husband? by OgidiBoy(m): 3:04am On Dec 19, 2009
~Sissy~:

me is fine oo grin
wait. i have get your behavior progress report 4rom my secret spy agents b4 i accept your words

yes its wrong because before you can change a person, the person have to wholeheartedly admit they have a problem and need help with it but many men are too egoistic to admit they have a problem and trying to change them becomes a lost course.

so before change can take place, admittance of a problem and willingness to change have to be there

Smart as always, my sister.

I've been good sis you know me nah sad
Re: Can You Change A Man: Boyfriend Or Husband? by Sissy3(f): 3:07am On Dec 19, 2009
ok now. make i take fear agree embarassed embarassed

how is life going for you. what r u getting moi for xmas tongue
Re: Can You Change A Man: Boyfriend Or Husband? by OgidiBoy(m): 3:11am On Dec 19, 2009
Nothing special, I'll just go down to Dallas and send it with cousins, my folks are in Nigeria. I cont'd go with them because I had no money for the ticket.

What about you sis?
Re: Can You Change A Man: Boyfriend Or Husband? by Sissy3(f): 3:20am On Dec 19, 2009
you r still a stud. so thats is expected. so no worri ur own tyme dey come kiss

no plans yet embarassed embarassed shocked shocked
Re: Can You Change A Man: Boyfriend Or Husband? by OgidiBoy(m): 3:21am On Dec 19, 2009
~Sissy~:

you r still a stud. so thats is expected. so no worri your own tyme dey come kiss

no plans yet embarassed embarassed shocked shocked

I hear you my sister, I'll be right back dear need to go eat sad
Re: Can You Change A Man: Boyfriend Or Husband? by Sissy3(f): 3:23am On Dec 19, 2009
no finish d food oo or else i go vex 4 u
Re: Can You Change A Man: Boyfriend Or Husband? by OgidiBoy(m): 3:55am On Dec 19, 2009
~Sissy~:

no finish d food oo or else i go vex 4 u

grin grin funny girl kiss

(1) (Reply)

Who Said Naija Women Aren't Submissive? / FOR MOTHERS.. How Did You Get Your Child To Stop B.reas.t Feeding? / This Diety Called "Husband" By Toyin Fabs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.