Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,408 members, 7,958,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:28 AM

The Best Battle Strategy - High Praise! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Best Battle Strategy - High Praise! (483 Views)

The Best Battle Strategy - High Praise PART 2 / Praise/worship Songs In Your Language / What Are The Differences Between Worship And Praise? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Best Battle Strategy - High Praise! by PstWoleSoetan(m): 6:01pm On Oct 02, 2013
WINNING EACH DAY DEVOTIONAL

2Cor 2:14 And thanks be to God who ALWAYS causes us to triumph...

Sept 30, 2013

THE BEST BATTLE STRATEGY - HIGH PRAISE!

MEMORY VERSE: 2Ch 20:24 So when Judah came to a place overlooking the wilderness, they looked toward the multitude; and there were their dead bodies, fallen on the earth. No one had escaped.

The kind of war Jehoshaphat was faced with was one that could not be easily won. Three nations had come up against Judah. There was a threefold union against them and the Word of God says that a threefold chord cannot easily be broken! Therefore they needed a plan, a battle strategy!

The normal thing to do would have been to get the best war strategist to make out the best plan to hold off three nations. This he did as seen in 2 Chronicles 20:21a – “And when he had consulted with the people…”

After due consultations, one would expect that a conventional battle strategy would be mapped out and the soldiers dispatched to their positions. Not so with Jehoshaphat. Here is what he did instead:

2 Chronicles 20:21a - And when he had consulted with the people, HE APPOINTED THOSE WHO SHOULD SING TO THE LORD, and who should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army and were saying: "PRAISE THE LORD, FOR HIS MERCY ENDURES FOREVER. He chose the strategy of praise! He dispatched singers instead of soldiers to go before the whole army, singing praise – high praise!

Someone may ask “how is praise a weapon or a battle strategy?” Note that “High” here has nothing to do with volume! In Psalm 21:13 we see that there is a connection between praise and the release of God’s power. Every time we sing or worship God, there is a release of God’s power

CONFESSION: the Lord has caused me to take root therefore I blossom and bud and I fill the face of the earth with fruits.

PRAYER: God is making necessary arrangements in my favour.

FURTHER READING: Psalm 149: 6-7

(1) (Reply)

Is This How You Cry To Youths About Hell? *shocking* / Guys,abeg Help Me Find This Song / TKA Members: How Was The INSPIRE Conference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.