Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation (10713 Views)

Illusion Or Reality: Gospel Of Economic Self- Sufficiency In Bayelsa / Illusion Or Reality: Gospel Of Economic Self- Sufficiency In Bayelsa / Rice Self-sufficiency: FG Flags-off Another Round Of Dry Season Rice Farming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by herbdull(m): 6:54am On Oct 03, 2013
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, has said the state energy reform initiatives are yielding positive result with the state close to being self-sufficient in its power needs.
To this end, he said some public institutions were being moved out of the national grid and connected to the power being generated from the power plants built by the state government.
Fashola, according to a report yesterday by the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), spoke during his engagement with a spectrum of residents and the Diaspora community on the social media platform, Google Plus Hangout.
The session was part of the build-up activities to mark October as the Energy Conservation Month, declared by the state government to sensitise residents on the importance of energy conservation and efficient use of available power.
The governor who answered questions from participants, said the objective of de-connecting some public institutions from the national grid and connecting them to the state power infrastructure was to ensure 24-hour uninterrupted power supply so that they could be more efficient in the delivery of services.
He said: “Working within what the Power Sector Reform Act permits, we are gradually entering self generation in Lagos State through our independent power plants. As you may be aware, we have an IPP at Akute and the Island Power Plant. In a few days, we shall be commissioning the Alausa Power Plant. Once this is done, government offices will be taken off the supply from the national grid and the power which we no longer need will be made available to Lagosians.”
The Google Plus Hangout was hosted by popular music rapper and Lagos State Energy Ambassador, Mr. Jude Abaga (M.I).
He was joined by five ‘Power Kids’ from Iju Senior Secondary School led by Master Gideon Osadare and Dimeji Lawal-Are, a 500-level Computer Science student, University of Lagos, leading four others from some tertiary institutions in the state.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/lagos-near-self-sufficiency-in-power-generation-says-fashola/160541/

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by carsprayer: 6:57am On Oct 03, 2013
Bleep u liar fashola...where is the lagos light rail project? mtcheeeeew!!! no be only self sufficient,na self mumuness...useless liars

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by Realdeals(m): 7:12am On Oct 03, 2013
It is gradual

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by Omexonomy: 7:47am On Oct 03, 2013
Realdeals: It is gradual
buying of dieasel generator is gradual.
Omexonomy: How i wish all those governors on media hype will team with the presidency in producing electricity for the good of the masses. Instead some where going about commisionning large dieasel generators for their office complex and their home and people where clapping dancing and celebrating with such governo$.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by geeez: 7:53am On Oct 03, 2013
carsprayer: Bleep u liar fashola...where is the lagos light rail project? mtcheeeeew!!! no be only self sufficient,na self mumuness...useless liars

You're madt

Work is going on at the site of the rail project as I type this

And in case you do not realize, there are several micro-power plants all over the state supporting government buildings and infrastructure

Talk about your dead erosion ravaged state that can't even generate enough electricity to light a bulb without the support of a policy in Abuja

18 Likes

Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by Infomizer(m): 8:17am On Oct 03, 2013
Eko o ni baje o!

Wait! 500 level computer science student? Akokites, how far? The last time I checked, it was a 4-year course o!

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by prodam(m): 8:22am On Oct 03, 2013
Fashola is an alien..
That's why he is acting so different, others are featuring in the news for one politicking reason or the other, he is busy shaping a future for lagos. I hope other states would learn from this by voting in credible leaders in the next general elections.

Eko O ni baje O!.. O ba je ti

23 Likes

Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by gerald09(m): 8:40am On Oct 03, 2013
carsprayer: Bleep u liar fashola...where is the lagos light rail project? mtcheeeeew!!! no be only self sufficient,na self mumuness...useless liars
Don't u fink the electricity has to be sufficient b4 d rail is installed or na kerosene e go use dey move.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by horpe132(m): 9:21am On Oct 03, 2013
Mr Fashola.....We thank U for what ur doin in Lagos States & we really appreciate it......
But Until you start giving the federal government ur Support, till then I'll av to reserve my undisputed support 4u....

LAGOS STATE is noh an Island........Let's work 2geda with other states & d federal......... Kos if u don't do diz u'll av internal &external Enemies @ ur neck................

My 50kobo

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by Caseless: 9:30am On Oct 03, 2013
Wellcome to lagos, the state whre a more action driven governor is respected and loved than a tough-talking and no action president.
I wish my president can be more of action, than reading long 'speeches' on his achievements that we cant see on ground.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by phillippiano(m): 9:40am On Oct 03, 2013
Sharapppp.. Eediot.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by Brimmie(m): 9:44am On Oct 03, 2013

Lol.. grin grin Bleep U!? Who came up with this Word Censor!? Seun nor try atall!!
Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by Caseless: 9:51am On Oct 03, 2013
horpe132: Mr Fashola.....We thank U for what ur doin in Lagos States & we really appreciate it......
But Until you start giving the federal government ur Support, till then I'll av to reserve my undisputed support 4u....

LAGOS STATE is noh an Island........Let's work 2geda with other states & d federal......... Kos if u don't do diz u'll av internal &external Enemies @ ur neck................

My 50kobo
save ur 50kobo cos u cant buy anything with it in nigeria. Must we join hand with the center b4 everything cud work perfectly well for u gej's apologists? Any state gov't's achievement that's unconnected to ur gej to take d credit will not get ur full 'undiluted support'.
FYI, we're clamouring for a true fedralism, and there is no better way to test-run it than how fashola is doing.

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 03, 2013
Okay. As if there's constant power, keep appraising yourselves

1 Like

Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by AbuMikey(m): 10:06am On Oct 03, 2013
Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by israel007: 10:06am On Oct 03, 2013
[size=18pt]really? that's new to me o. come to my area. we haven't seen light in over a week. almost 10 days now and they will come with their outrageous bills.

lekki, opposite VGC
[/size]
Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by demelza: 10:08am On Oct 03, 2013
geeez:

Talk about your dead erosion ravaged state that can't even generate enough electirity to light a bulb[/b]
grin This is a knockout!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 03, 2013
geeez:

You're madt

Work is going on at the site of the rail project as I type this

And in case you do not realize, there are several micro-power plants all over the state supporting government buildings and infrastructure

Talk about your dead erosion ravaged state that can't even generate enough electirity to light a bulb

Keep praising yourselves, ode. Anambra power is almost 24/7, new power plant was just commissioned in aba few weeks ago. Enough of all these stupid tribal sentiments, at least you can't chase me away from southwest and I can't chase yorubas in southeast.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by taharqa: 10:11am On Oct 03, 2013
caseless: Wellcome to lagos, the state whre a more action driven governor is respected and loved than a tough-talking and no action president.
I wish my president can be more of action, than reading long 'speeches' on his achievements that we cant see on ground

GEJ is right about now in Kogi to commission a 456MW Geregu II Power Plant which he built from scratch in about 3 years, part of 10 new Power Plants already built (a few almost completing) which wud provide a total of about 5000MW within d same period- this is apart d many Substations and thousands of kms of Transmission/Distributions Lines bn built across d nation; whilst, Fashola is commissioning very BIG Diesel Generators that wud light up only a few Govt offices and adjourning Street Lights!!

And this even when d only reason Oga Fash is building these Big Generators- less than 10MW if am not mistaken- (which is a good thing by d way) is cos a certain GEJ has painstakingly undertaken the very complex job of Reforming/Liberalising d Power Market and implementing d Power Electricity Act (as acknowledged by Fashola here) as well as the fact that a large chunck of d money d LASG used in funding these mini power plants came from d CBN's #300bn Power/Aviation Fund set up by GEJ.

Oh, Yea! We know who d Action man and d Noisemaker (if there is any) wud be.... You, my frnd, are reali 'caseless'.

16 Likes

Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 03, 2013
Whatever
Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 03, 2013
taharqa: GEJ is right about now in Kogi to commission a 456MW Geregu II Power Plant which he built from scratch in about 3 years, part of 10 new Power Plants already built (a few almost completing) which wud provide a total of about 5000MW within d same period- this is apart d many Substations and thousands of kms of Transmission/Distributions Lines bn built across d nation; whilst, Fashola is commissioning very BIG Diesel Generators that wud light up only a few Govt offices and adjourning Street Lights!! And this even when d only reason Oga Fash is building these Big Generators- less than 10MW if am not mistaken- (which is a good thing by d way) is cos a certain GEJ has painstakingly undertaken the very complex job of Reforming d Power Market and implementing d Power Electricity Act (as acknowledged by Fashola here) as well as the fact that a large chunck of d money d LASG used in funding these mini power plants came from d CBN's #300bn Power/Aviation Fund set up by GEJ..... Oh, Yea! We know who d Action man and d Noisemaker (if there is any) wud be.... You, my frnd, are reali 'caseless'.

Don't mind the stupid eediots on this forum. Its funny how they think development is happening only in southwest. If I did not have yoruba friends, I would think all of them are just plain dumb.
You have not seen other people's farm and you are saying your fathers own is the biggest.

As if its not Niger-delta's oil money we are all sharing. Eediots

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by Padipadi(m): 10:17am On Oct 03, 2013
We don hear. We dey wait to see
Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by Okijajuju1(m): 10:19am On Oct 03, 2013
HUH!!!!!

Okay! So Rivers State has since surpassed the States daily power needs in terms of what the State generates from its Gas Turbines in Trans Amadi and Afam, yet it has to feed its generated power into the National grid, yet Fashola can distribute his power locally?!

How come?!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by akin7686(m): 10:24am On Oct 03, 2013
Infomizer: Eko o ni baje o!

Wait! 500 level computer science student? Akokites, how far? The last time I checked, it was a 4-year course o!
Update yourself, the program is now 5yr.
EKO O NI BAJE OH

1 Like

Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by ShineuEye: 10:25am On Oct 03, 2013
taharqa: GEJ is right about now in Kogi to commission a 456MW Geregu II Power Plant which he built from scratch in about 3 years, part of 10 new Power Plants already built (a few almost completing) which wud provide a total of about 5000MW within d same period- this is apart d many Substations and thousands of kms of Transmission/Distributions Lines bn built across d nation; whilst, Fashola is commissioning very BIG Diesel Generators that wud light up only a few Govt offices and adjourning Street Lights!! And this even when d only reason Oga Fash is building these Big Generators- less than 10MW if am not mistaken- (which is a good thing by d way) is cos a certain GEJ has painstakingly undertaken the very complex job of Reforming/Liberalising d Power Market and implementing d Power Electricity Act (as acknowledged by Fashola here) as well as the fact that a large chunck of d money d LASG used in funding these mini power plants came from d CBN's #300bn Power/Aviation Fund set up by GEJ..... Oh, Yea! We know who d Action man and d Noisemaker (if there is any) wud be.... You, my frnd, are reali 'caseless'.

@taharqa
Another great analysis.

Promhize:
@Promhize
Don't mind our SW brothers who are inherently arrogant,
they draw a blank as to where the money comes from.
Mtcheew!!

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by casiraghi: 10:33am On Oct 03, 2013
• GEREGU power plant was initiated by OBJ
Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by emmyoha87(m): 10:35am On Oct 03, 2013

I dnt understand ur bone of contention,here's a Governor talking of realistic ideas n u've decided to run him down.
If u want to do such things,do it with facts n not Vague bullshit. Like u cld do better than him.
(Walking out on ur reply singing "Kalampo" )

1 Like

Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by femooshad(m): 10:36am On Oct 03, 2013
Infomizer: Eko o ni baje o!

lol na so we see am o!!
Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by Caseless: 10:47am On Oct 03, 2013
Promhize:

Don't mind the stupid eediots on this forum. Its funny how they think development is happening only in southwest. If I did not have yoruba friends, I would think all of them are just plain dumb.
You have not seen other people's farm and you are saying your fathers own is the biggest.

aren't u asilly 1diot for quoting someone who has somethin to say and replying with insult..wthout making any sense?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by strangest(m): 10:48am On Oct 03, 2013
Its good investment... But let's wait till its completed... Also thanks to GEJ for making the market feasible unlike Obasanjo(our number one power issue)
Re: Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 03, 2013
"Self-sufficiency" means that you can meet ALL of your energy needs.

Can Fashola tell us how many MW of electricity 18 million Lagosians need and WHEN his 10MW power plants will meet them? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Battles Ghost Workers, Pays Staff In Cash / Israeli Secret Service Agent Guarding Nnamdi Kanu(pics) / “Why I Sponsored Correctional Service Bill” – Senator Andy Uba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.