Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,229 members, 7,822,185 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Can I Go Back For A First Degree In Computer Science After Masters In ICT? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Go Back For A First Degree In Computer Science After Masters In ICT? (751 Views)

Can I Become A Lecturer With A 2.2 In First Degree With My MSC / First Degree And Masters Opportunity In The Usa- No Sat I, Sat Ii, Toefl Or Gre / HND vs First Degree Battle Is Now In Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Go Back For A First Degree In Computer Science After Masters In ICT? by aribitoye(m): 9:21am On Oct 03, 2013
Dear Nairalanders, i am a graduate of mechanical engineering since year 1998, and i came out with a second class upper honours. i had always craved to be an IT professional, and thereafter i did my professional exams in CISCO CCNA and CISCO CCNP in 2007 and 2008 respectively. i later enrolled for my masters in information technology at the open university of Nigeria and i passed out with a grade that qualifies me to pursue a Phd in info tech. efforts to be a lecturer in information technology in several schools i applied to proved abortive. i was told i dont have my first degree in computer science or info technology.
i am now thinking, should i re-enroll for my first degree in computer science? if yes, since the degree awarded date will precede the masters degree awarded date, wont this affect my being considered for lecturing or any career prospects in my new career (ie. computer/ICT)?
please enlightened people in the house, help your brother with advice.
Re: Can I Go Back For A First Degree In Computer Science After Masters In ICT? by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 03, 2013
You have a PhD and want Nairalanders to enlighten you more on what decision to take, really that shows your degree is highly questionable, mind you as an ICT tech, you should straighten your pact in decision making, although this should have been done before your Mechanical Eng degree, but as the deed has already been done, best bet is for you to take up Certifications in ICT, there are Qualifications in ICT that can Certify you being qualified enough to take up a teaching career in ICT.
Re: Can I Go Back For A First Degree In Computer Science After Masters In ICT? by Ndyoo(m): 9:30am On Oct 03, 2013
what's the essence of Your Phd then?
Re: Can I Go Back For A First Degree In Computer Science After Masters In ICT? by aribitoye(m): 9:49am On Oct 03, 2013
eddiebruk: You have a PhD and want Nairalanders to enlighten you more on what decision to take, really that shows your degree is highly questionable, mind you as an ICT tech, you should straighten your pact in decision making, although this should have been done before your Mechanical Eng degree, but as the deed has already been done, best bet is for you to take up Certifications in ICT, there are Qualifications in ICT that can Certify you being qualified enough to take up a teaching career in ICT.

Mr Eddiebruk, i didnt say i have Phd in info tech, if u read well, i said i passed out with a Phd grade in Msc information tech, meaning i had a grade that can qualify me to pursue a Phd program in information technology. understand?
Re: Can I Go Back For A First Degree In Computer Science After Masters In ICT? by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 03, 2013
aribitoye:

Mr Eddiebruk, i didnt say i have Phd in info tech, if u read well, i said i passed out with a Phd grade in Msc information tech, meaning i had a grade that can qualify me to pursue a Phd program in information technology. understand?

Okay, gotcha, you should straighten things up then in your writing, because anyone who reads that will definitely think think you said you had your PhD already., so i think you are in a good position to take up ICT Teaching Certifications then
Re: Can I Go Back For A First Degree In Computer Science After Masters In ICT? by aribitoye(m): 9:59am On Oct 03, 2013
eddiebruk:

Okay, gotcha, you should straighten things up then in your writing, because anyone who reads that will definitely think think you said you had your PhD already., so i think you are in a good position to take up ICT Teaching Certifications then

thanks bro, i have modified the post. so please tell me what are the 'ICT teaching certifications" that u recommend? cheers
Re: Can I Go Back For A First Degree In Computer Science After Masters In ICT? by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 03, 2013
aribitoye:

thanks bro, i have modified the post. so please tell me what are the 'ICT teaching certifications" that u recommend? cheers

It depends on what you intend to deal with in the ICT industry, if you narrow your ideas i might be able to make some recommendations.
Re: Can I Go Back For A First Degree In Computer Science After Masters In ICT? by aribitoye(m): 10:22am On Oct 03, 2013
eddiebruk:

It depends on what you intend to deal with in the ICT industry, if you narrow your ideas i might be able to make some recommendations.

Alright, due to my engineering background, am highly interested in Network design, maintenance and troubleshooting and also, internet/intranet security.
Re: Can I Go Back For A First Degree In Computer Science After Masters In ICT? by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 03, 2013
aribitoye:

Alright, due to my engineering background, am highly interested in Network design, maintenance and troubleshooting and also, internet/intranet security.

N+
Security+
CCNA
MSCP

after which you can take up Comptia Teaching Certification
Re: Can I Go Back For A First Degree In Computer Science After Masters In ICT? by aribitoye(m): 10:32am On Oct 03, 2013
eddiebruk:

N+
Security+
CCNA
MSCP

after which you can take up Comptia Teaching Certification

alright, i already have ccna and ccnp, guess will explore the comptia teaching certification..
thanks for your time.
Re: Can I Go Back For A First Degree In Computer Science After Masters In ICT? by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 03, 2013
aribitoye:

alright, i already have ccna and ccnp, guess will explore the comptia teaching certification..
thanks for your time.

Good, but i am sure u need Comptia N+
Or Security+ before you will be able to get the Teaching Certification, but then you can do both Certifications together

(1) (Reply)

Face Off Between ASUU And The Federal Government / STRIKE Latest: Fg’s Directive, An Empty Threat – ASUU / Alternative To Incessant ASUU Strikes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.