Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,445 members, 7,823,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

WANTED - Share Your Thoughts If You've Seen The Movie. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / WANTED - Share Your Thoughts If You've Seen The Movie. (2187 Views)

3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! / Your Thoughts On 'Girls In The Mood' Movie Poster / Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

WANTED - Share Your Thoughts If You've Seen The Movie. by Sisikill: 1:07pm On Jun 28, 2008
It had tears
It had sweat.
It had spilled guts
It had shattered skulls (Reversed bullet?!! Oh ye movie gods! I died and went to heaven)
It had runway trains
It had out of control cars.
It had rooftop shootouts
It had bullets in slow mo
It had curved bullets
It had Chicago (Sorry gotta recognize)

And it was BLOODY wonderful!!!

One critic called it a MAGNIFICENT MAYHAM (Ya darn skippy it was)

Another called it SADISTIC AND VULGAR (Be still my beating heart)

If you've seen the Movie WANTED, let's talk.

PS
My new movie god is Timur Bekmambetov.
I worship at thy humble feet Timur!!

PSS
Oh yeah. . . WANTED is being touted as the movie to put Blu Ray on the map. It will do to Blu-Ray what The Matrix did for DVDs. . . they say.

Thoughts?
Re: WANTED - Share Your Thoughts If You've Seen The Movie. by Sisikill: 1:58pm On Jun 28, 2008
A quote. . . paragraph. . . whatever you want to call it from Sloan the head of the fraternity, delivered with such aplomb by the incomparable Morgan Freeman

[I]It a choice, Wesley, that each of us must face: to remain ordinary, pathetic, beat-down, coasting through a miserable existence, like sheep herded by fate, or you can take control of your own destiny and join us, releasing the caged wolf you have inside. Our purpose is to maintain stability in an unstable world - kill one, save a thousand. Within the fabric of this world, every life hangs by a thread. We are that thread - a fraternity of assassins, weapons of fate. This is the decision that lies before you know: the sheep, or the wolf. The choice is yours.[/I]

CHOOSE YOUR DESTINY!!!

And no. . . I don't have a stake in the movie, well except you want to count the dream I had last night, in which I was Timur Bekmambetov's #1 Student.

[I]*Dreamy Sigh*[/I]
Re: WANTED - Share Your Thoughts If You've Seen The Movie. by Sisikill: 2:36pm On Jun 28, 2008
Oh just when I think I'm out. . . WANTED pulls me back in. Okay, last post until someone else posts. . . I promise!

Question - Do you think Angelina Jolie is the last Female Action hero?

The critics seem to think so. . . and I agree with them. If you don't, which other actress do you think could have also played Fox?

By the way, kicking butt in 6-inch Louboutin heels? Can they come any more badass than that? I think not.

In these days of Sex and The City. . . It's nice to see heels being used in ways, other than just standing in front of the mirror preening (not that there's anything wrong with it. smiley )
Re: WANTED - Share Your Thoughts If You've Seen The Movie. by Mesmerize(f): 3:48pm On Jun 28, 2008
Haven't watched it yet, but will later on wink
Re: WANTED - Share Your Thoughts If You've Seen The Movie. by pein(m): 5:43pm On Jun 28, 2008
WANTED shocked best movie ever!!!!!!!!!
seriously this movie has it all,had a nerdgasm a billion times while seeing this,it's dat good
Re: WANTED - Share Your Thoughts If You've Seen The Movie. by Sisikill: 7:56pm On Jun 28, 2008
Mesmerize:

Haven't watched it yet, but will later on wink

Oh my God! Hurry, Hurry please. . . Hurry!!!!

And seriously, I have no stake in the movie.

pein:

WANTED shocked best movie ever!!!!!!!!!
seriously this movie has it all,had a nerdgasm a billion times while seeing this,it's that good

LMAO. . . Nerdgasm? I like it!!! Don't know if that's was what I was feeling but I left the theater with a heady feeling. . . almost euphoric.

Another Critic called it - Revenge of the Nerds!!! LMAO

IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN WANTED. . . GO STRAIGHT TO THE THEATER.
Do not pass go
Do not collect $200
Re: WANTED - Share Your Thoughts If You've Seen The Movie. by Sisikill: 8:09pm On Jun 28, 2008
Yeah, Yeah. . . browse internet for free. Got it.

Have you seen WANTED?
Re: WANTED - Share Your Thoughts If You've Seen The Movie. by Sisikill: 5:13pm On Jun 29, 2008
tapping fingers on table, impatiently

Oh come on! Surely, there's are more people who enjoy watching bullets rip through flesh in slow mo!
Re: WANTED - Share Your Thoughts If You've Seen The Movie. by iice(f): 6:34pm On Jun 29, 2008
Ok i saw it and i liked but i wasn't overly Wowed by it. Probably because i have seen Timur's work before and so the slow mo shots he does is not new to me.
I give props to jolie, the woman is deadly grin
Re: WANTED - Share Your Thoughts If You've Seen The Movie. by Sisikill: 8:29pm On Jun 29, 2008
*gasping for breath*

You. . . you've seen his work? Seriously, where have I all this time and how did I miss the awesomeness that is Bekmambetov?? Gawd and I thought I've lived. I've added him to my netflix line up.

Jolie KILLED it! Everytime her fingers left the trigger, I got just a little dizzy and the red sport car. . . that should have gotten a its own billing.

Angelina Jolie - Fox
Morgan Freeman - Sloan
And Appearing as itself - Red Sports CarĀ  grin

I thought Jolie was okay as Lara Croft but I started paying real attention after Mr. & Mrs. Smith but this. . . she knocked it out of the ball park. She's officially my #1 Actress, she's got range. . . it's not even funny. Changeling should be interesting, especially with Clint Million Dollar Baby Eastwood at the helms.

All in all, This year will be a buffet of good movies.

Glory be to ye movie gods.
Re: WANTED - Share Your Thoughts If You've Seen The Movie. by iice(f): 2:33am On Jun 30, 2008
LOL yeah i saw his work some years back. Been a fan since then.

LOL i totally agree with the red car but you should see what Timur did with one sports car in his other movie. The woman drove the car on the building. You should check out the Nightwatch/Daywatch movies. It's supposed to be a trilogy but the last part Duskwatch, i don't know what happened to the production of that one. The flipping of cars, he did that in Nightwatch. However because of the theme of the Nightwatch/Daywatch movies, i find it more beautiful. Vampires et al. Hence, there are lots of beautiful slo-mo scenes in those movies, it gives me goosebumps.

Really? I always knew she had the knack for pulling the tough girl killer thing off. I liked her right off Hac'kers (script), thought she was going to be great and she's getting there. Yes she's quite versatile, still not my #!1 actress though. I liked her in the first Tomb Raider, even though am not too crazy about female action heroes but she pulls it off beautifully

I must say though, i am totally crazy for her tattoos grin especially the one on her hand. LOL i don't know about them being good - movies that is, a few have made the mark, others are just terribly not worth the effort.
Re: WANTED - Share Your Thoughts If You've Seen The Movie. by Sisikill: 2:28pm On Jun 30, 2008
You are my new hero!!!
. . . After Timur of course. I have a good mind of youtubing his movies just to see the scene you described, I can't wait to get the movies. Every critic is going on about how curved bullets will be the in thing now for action movies. It's all in the wrist. . . they say. LOL. I'm so happy for him, you'd think he was my daddy. $51.1 Million in the opening weekend for his 1st American Movie. That is a MAJOR fete and to think it went toe to toe with Wall-E, a family movie. OUTSTANDING!!!

I liked Hac'kers, it took me awhile to connect this Jolie to Hac'kers . . yeah, sometimes I'm a bit slow. The dragon on her back. . . seriously, when I get the liver that's what I want.

Honestly, It's so hard trying to find another girl who likes action movies. My God, during the whole SATC hoopla, I almost slit my throat. Every girl I know went MAD and i just couldn't get it, I supposed I gave them the same look they are giving me right now. LOL.
Re: WANTED - Share Your Thoughts If You've Seen The Movie. by iice(f): 3:29pm On Jun 30, 2008
rofl sisikill wink You know that scene in the beginning, the elevator thing and the hallway - yeah there are some stuffs like that in those movies i mentioned. Am thinking he'll take over the wachowski brothers and probably john woo.
There is poetry in the way he shoots he scenes. *sigh* - i think he'll revive the action genre (it's been getting boring) I love the curving bullets!!!

Hah i feel you, i watched it (SATC) though coz a) i had to escape someone grin and b) i loved the series, so i wanted to see what they did with the movie.

Now am waiting for Hancock, Hellboy and TDK. I can tell you'll be in love with this movie for a long time tongue Lemme know though what you think about the Nightwatch/Daywatch movies.
Re: WANTED - Share Your Thoughts If You've Seen The Movie. by TOH(f): 3:39pm On Jun 30, 2008
Didnt think I would enjoy it Sisi as Im not big on action movies

But I was throughly entertained and would recommend it to anyone. Some critics (fan boys of the comic) complained it was a complete 180 of the comic which is GOOD since the main dude in the damn movie was actually a supervillian who killed and raped people randomly. and the moral was "humans can be evil" Abegi. Why would I wanna watch that?

Good movie. B+

Hey can someone tell me Fox's story again, how did she get in the Frat again, Im trying to remember but I cant.
Re: WANTED - Share Your Thoughts If You've Seen The Movie. by justkunmi(m): 4:45pm On Jun 30, 2008
Now I must see this movie!!!!!!!!!!!. . wink
You guys are tearing me heart out. . .
Re: WANTED - Share Your Thoughts If You've Seen The Movie. by iice(f): 5:50pm On Jun 30, 2008
TOH, the little girl and the judge, the fire and the carvings? ring any bells? don't wanna give away spoilers
Re: WANTED - Share Your Thoughts If You've Seen The Movie. by Sisikill: 7:30pm On Jun 30, 2008
Did I say I was bit slow? Okay, that was an understatement. So I'm reading my post again and I see Naughty Boys. . . I start thinking to myself, have you finally lost it? What is Naughty Boys in this talk? I scroll back up because I am certain you (iice) wrote the Hac'kers and that's when I say your script thing. Jeez! Seriously though. . . is that a new lingo? Hac'kers = Naughty Boy? Since When? Ahh, never mind.

iice:

rofl sisikill wink You know that scene in the beginning, the elevator thing and the hallway - yeah there are some stuffs like that in those movies i mentioned. Am thinking he'll take over the wachowski brothers and probably john woo.
There is poetry in the way he shoots he scenes.[i] *sigh[/i]* - i think he'll revive the action genre (it's been getting boring) I love the curving bullets!!!
Hah i feel you, i watched it (SATC) though because a) i had to escape someone grin and b) i loved the series, so i wanted to see what they did with the movie.

Now am waiting for Hancock, Hellboy and TDK. I can tell you'll be in love with this movie for a long time tongue Lemme know though what you think about the Nightwatch/Daywatch movies.

Exactly!!! Every frame was delicately handled. . . he did say he spent more time in the editting than they did in the shooting.

Wachoski Brothers? Huh? John Woo? Who? Do those ones still exist? I'm sorry but they are all undecided for me now.

I'm waiting for Hellboy and TDK (They said Heath Ledger was a mean The Joker. . . can't wait to see that and let's not forget the morbid curiosity factor.) Hancock, I've not made up my mind on.
Re: WANTED - Share Your Thoughts If You've Seen The Movie. by Sisikill: 7:50pm On Jun 30, 2008
TOH:

Didnt think I would enjoy it Sisi as I'm not big on action movies

But I was throughly entertained and would recommend it to anyone. Some critics (fan boys of the comic) complained it was a complete 180 of the comic which is GOOD since the main dude in the damn movie was actually a supervillian who killed and raped people randomly. and the moral was "humans can be evil" Abegi. Why would I want to watch that?

Good movie. B+

Hey can someone tell me Fox's story again, how did she get in the Frat again, I'm trying to remember but I can't.

Lmao. . . fan boys are never happy with anything. When Variety first said they were making a Wanted movie, everyone was a bit skeptical, they didn't think people want to see that kinda of movie. When they said they were moving away from the comic. . . everyone was all up in arms. It was like, Okay whay do you want?? I'm glad it worked out though.
Re: WANTED - Share Your Thoughts If You've Seen The Movie. by Sisikill: 7:51pm On Jun 30, 2008
justkunmi:

Now I must see this movie!!!!!!!!!!!. . wink
You guys are tearing me heart out. . .

And we will keep at it until you see it!!!!
Re: WANTED - Share Your Thoughts If You've Seen The Movie. by Mesmerize(f): 10:43pm On Jun 30, 2008
Oh my God! Hurry, Hurry please. . . Hurry!!!!

And seriously, I have no stake in the movie.
LOL!! O.k I will
Re: WANTED - Share Your Thoughts If You've Seen The Movie. by TOH(f): 3:45am On Jul 01, 2008
Sisikill:

Lmao. . . fan boys are never happy with anything. When Variety first said they were making a Wanted movie, everyone was a bit skeptical, they didn't think people want to see that kind of of movie. When they said they were moving away from the comic. . . everyone was all up in arms. It was like, Okay whay do you want?? I'm glad it worked out though.

Lol as am I

Wanna see TDK but not HellBoy

There's his movie called "Poughkeepsie Tapes" im interested in
Re: WANTED - Share Your Thoughts If You've Seen The Movie. by kadman(m): 8:54am On Jul 01, 2008
Wow, I never liked Jolie because of the Aniston/Pitt drama but I can't wait to see Wanted,i prefer her in shoot em ups, That's her forte. Silverbird said they would be showing it later this week,so I'm impatiently waiting.
Re: WANTED - Share Your Thoughts If You've Seen The Movie. by TOH(f): 2:30pm On Jul 01, 2008
Pitt belongs with Jolie anyway tongue
Re: WANTED - Share Your Thoughts If You've Seen The Movie. by iice(f): 4:56pm On Jul 01, 2008
TOH:

Abi oooo
Re: WANTED - Share Your Thoughts If You've Seen The Movie. by Gamine(f): 5:49pm On Jul 01, 2008
hmm. . .Interesting
Re: WANTED - Share Your Thoughts If You've Seen The Movie. by Sisikill: 9:28pm On Jul 01, 2008
TOH:

Lol as am I

Wanna see TDK but not HellBoy

There's his movie called "Poughkeepsie Tapes" im interested in

Really? I'll have to look into that. Is this a new movie?
Re: WANTED - Share Your Thoughts If You've Seen The Movie. by Sisikill: 9:33pm On Jul 01, 2008
kadman:

Wow, I never liked Jolie because of the Aniston/Pitt drama but I can't wait to see Wanted,i prefer her in shoot em ups, That's her forte. Silverbird said they would be showing it later this week,so I'm impatiently waiting.

Okay. . . no offense or anything but the only people who I know are interested in this drama are middle aged divorced women who think the world has done them wrong.

or

Teenage girls who grew up watching Friends and believe now Aniston is their BFF Rachael Green

. . . so which are you?

By the way, she was Excellent in Gia, Girl Interrupted, George Wallace, A Mighty Heart. . . All non action roles.
Re: WANTED - Share Your Thoughts If You've Seen The Movie. by Sisikill: 9:36pm On Jul 01, 2008
TOH:

Thank you ooh.

I just saw on Yahoo that she's having (or has had) their twins but who knows with all these news/rumor mongers. Nobody does fact checking anymore.
Re: WANTED - Share Your Thoughts If You've Seen The Movie. by iice(f): 3:09pm On Jul 02, 2008
you'd be surprised at how many are still mad at the whole Jen/Brad/Jolie thing.
Jolie is said to be in the hospital now read to give birth to the twins.
Re: WANTED - Share Your Thoughts If You've Seen The Movie. by kadman(m): 3:18pm On Jul 02, 2008
Sisikill:

Okay. . . no offense or anything but the only people who I know are interested in this drama are middle aged divorced women who think the world has done them wrong.

or

Teenage girls who grew up watching Friends and believe now Aniston is their BFF Rachael Green

. . . so which are you?

By the way, she was Excellent in Gia, Girl Interrupted, George Wallace, A Mighty Heart. . . All non action roles.

So one has to be middle aged divorcee or teenage girl to believe a man should not cheat on his wife ?? Hmm okay,i'll keep that in mind.
As for her performances she was great in Girl Interrupted. But less than average in all the others I have seen which are A Might Heart & Gia. You obviously are a big fan and would probably be biased.
Re: WANTED - Share Your Thoughts If You've Seen The Movie. by Sisikill: 5:18pm On Jul 02, 2008
kadman:

So one has to be middle divorcee or teenage girl to believe a man should not cheat on his wife ?? Hmm okay,i'll keep that in mind.
As for her performances she was great in Girl Interrupted. But less than average in all the others I have seen which are A Might Heart & Gia. You obviously are a big fan and would probably be biased.

I'm not even going to get into the debate on whether he cheated or he not. . . let's just say I believe HIM when he said he didn't cheat, I believe HER when she said they didn't cheat, I believe Cox (A close friend of Pitt and Aniston) when she said he didn't cheat but most of all. . . I believe ANISTON when she said he didn't cheat on her, sure he felt an attraction and he was honest with her about it. I believe ANISTON when she said their marriage was practically over and that the year before they announced their divorce, they had only spent 6 months together because they were on a trial separation. So I find it odd that someone who has no inside info on the happenings of the marriage, would choose to ignore what the people IN the marriage have said and decide to make himself Prosecutor, Judge and Jury.

Jeebus, so much for not getting into the debate. Oh well, what can you do, eh?

Oh yeah I'm a fan but I'd like to think I recognize GOOD work when I see it and apart from that, I'd also like to think ALL the Movie critics who praised her in the aforementioned movies know a thing or two about. . . you know movies and what good acting is but hey, that's just me.
Re: WANTED - Share Your Thoughts If You've Seen The Movie. by Sisikill: 5:30pm On Jul 02, 2008
iice:

you'd be surprised at how many are still mad at the whole Jen/Brad/Jolie thing.
Jolie is said to be in the hospital now read to give birth to the twins.

Tell me about it *Rolleyes*

I have this co-worker and I promise you, until I saw a picture of her husband (well ex-husband) I thought for sure she was married to Pitt with the way she'd rant and rave, cursing Jolie, Pitt and their Children (yeah, no mercy for the kiddies). At first, I thought it was funny but after awhile . . . err. . . let's just say no one would pay me to go with her to a dark alley. Seriously! Insane does not even describe it. I keep thinking . . . okay, celebrities get divorced everyday, so what is the big deal with this particular one? Still haven't gotten an answer.

Funny enough, it was because of my Loony Toon co-worker I became interested in Jolie & Pitt as a couple.

Anyway, I wish Jolie a quick and safe delivery.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rythm Late Night Radio Live From Los Angeles / Do Anybody No Where Fatia Balogun Or Funke Akindele School Of Dramma Is Located / Twin Sword,an Epic Fantasy Film Shot In Nollywood.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.