Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,227 members, 7,811,627 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:06 PM

Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans (37519 Views)

3 Idiots: Have You Seen The Movie? Please, Share Your Lessons! / Coca Cola Advert 1987 / Brrr; The Coca Cola Advert! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by finallytalking: 6:00am On Jun 11, 2012
Has anyone seen the new coca cola advert?
I think coca cola should re-edit the text in their latest promotional advert. There is a very insensitive line there:
'WHILE THE REST OF THE WORLD WORRIES ABOUT THE FUTURE, ONE BILLION AFRICANS ARE SHARING COKE'.
Am i the only one who thinks this is a put down?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdXvgrraezE

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by denitro(m): 12:31pm On Jun 11, 2012
HOW?
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by finallytalking: 2:51pm On Jun 11, 2012
denitro: HOW?
Don't you see anything wrong with the bolded text

2 Likes

Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 11, 2012
lol @OP, its a blatant insult right there. I dont drink coca-cola, but if I did this would be the last day.
btw, did the ad say 'coke'? or 'coca-cola'? I'm sure they'd never use 'coke', unless they want serious trouble.

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by tiebe: 4:41pm On Jun 11, 2012
i found It very insulting as well. Almost paints Africans as a continent pre-occupied with merry making than planning bout the future

3 Likes

Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Godpinkin(m): 4:41pm On Jun 11, 2012
shit! this is an insult . So na only to drink coke they this of our brain.

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Godpinkin(m): 4:42pm On Jun 11, 2012
shit! this is an insult . So na only to drink coke they this our brain.
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Kockane(m): 4:43pm On Jun 11, 2012
I think it makes Africans look like hungry alainironu's dat only care about wat to eat. grin

3 Likes

Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by sadyeek(m): 4:43pm On Jun 11, 2012
[size=16pt]rather, I don't see the point! How, is this advert related to coke!?

Just saw the bolded text, while it doesn't make sense it is insultive I believe also! But they have an army of people specially employed to weed out things like this, how did they miss this? Probably, they did not find anything wrong with it!
[/size]
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by philip0906(m): 4:43pm On Jun 11, 2012
simply stop drinking coke. . .
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by kombats: 4:43pm On Jun 11, 2012
dnt see anything bad in it we africa think so low
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by saydfact(m): 4:45pm On Jun 11, 2012
why every1 worries, we share a coke because OUR FUTURE IS SECURED....
if u no like am... write a letter to coke (seriously not a yab)

8 Likes

Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by pato405(m): 4:45pm On Jun 11, 2012
implication: Africa is less concerned about the future. they are more bothered about getting bottles of coca-cola to possibly drink themselves to stupor. what other continent could possibly be more concerned and apprehensive about the economy of the future than Africans.

these people have insulted our intelligence far too much o!enough is enough

we have more pressing issues to attend to than gulping down 7 cubes of sugar in coloured water.

8 Likes

Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by purefella(m): 4:45pm On Jun 11, 2012
NOT AN INSULT!!!! IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE WAY YOU READ IT
EXAMPLE : ITS AN INSULT IF YOU THINK THEY ARE TRYING TO SAY WE DON'T WORRY ABOUT FUTURE BUT IF YOU RE-READ IT CAREFULLY THE WORD worry in that sentence clears it all Just to say that we are a very happy people that doesn't place too much on our mind .,ENGLISH NOR EASY LOLS

8 Likes

Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by mrperfect(m): 4:46pm On Jun 11, 2012
I think something better is require in that line.
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jun 11, 2012
Are we africans dat dumb to d extent dat d only tin we tink abt is coke instead of our own future too?
Dere Advert manager dey craze.

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jun 11, 2012
Sharin a coke simply denotes celebration of success! I̶̲̥̅̊n other words, While †ЂΞ rest of †ЂΞ world worry abt future success, africans are celebratin success. Τ̅o ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥, ∂α† Is †ЂΞ message they r tryin τ̅o pass.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by lifestyle1(m): 4:47pm On Jun 11, 2012
kombats: dnt see anything bad in it we africa think so low

young man be careful with what you say... angry

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by damola1: 4:48pm On Jun 11, 2012
It's a wonderful ad though.. very cool.

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Seunzz(m): 4:49pm On Jun 11, 2012
They couldn't have used the word 'coke', else they are gon be in deep trouble. One big insult on Africa tho.
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by lifestyle1(m): 4:50pm On Jun 11, 2012
purefella: NOT AN INSULT!!!! IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE WAY YOU READ IT
EXAMPLE : ITS AN INSULT IF YOU THINK THEY ARE TRYING TO SAY WE DON'T WORRY ABOUT FUTURE BUT IF YOU RE-READ IT CAREFULLY THE WORD worry in that sentence clears it all Just to say that we are a very happy people that doesn't place too much on our mind .,ENGLISH NOR EASY LOLS

Young man, I disagree with you... undecided Africans are not happy. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by SisiKill1: 4:50pm On Jun 11, 2012
Kockane: I think it makes Africans look like hungry alainironu's dat only care about wat to eat. grin

LMFAO!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by DaMayor1: 4:51pm On Jun 11, 2012
kombats: dnt see anything bad in it we africa think so low

Then I would be grateful to know what your HIGH thinking makes of the Ad.
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by dammmy(m): 4:51pm On Jun 11, 2012
i dont see anything wrong in this promo.......it is only wrong from your own perpective. grin
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by itoldu: 4:51pm On Jun 11, 2012
Una get earthquake, hurricane, volcanic eruption? Na only manmade disaster dey worry us.no go thank your maker and take a bottle of coke. #calmsyourinsanity.

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by shadrach77: 4:52pm On Jun 11, 2012
it's funny how some people suffer from selective hearing/ selecting reading. the advert talked about Western countries are getting financial bailout, how 1 in 5 European players is African. How come you didn't see any of these but all you saw was the last sentence which talks about Africans enjoying Coke?
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by seal777(m): 4:52pm On Jun 11, 2012
This is unbelievable!!!.
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by lifestyle1(m): 4:52pm On Jun 11, 2012
Amusaopeyemi: Are we africans dat dumb to d extent dat d only tin we tink abt is coke instead of our own future too?
Dere Advert manager dey craze.

I think they are better than u.. undecided
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by DaMayor1: 4:53pm On Jun 11, 2012
shadrach77: it's funny how some people suffer from selective hearing/ selecting reading. the advert talked about Western countries are getting financial bailout, how 1 in 5 European players is African. How come you didn't see any of these but all you saw was the last sentence which talks about Africans enjoying Coke?

because that na the one wey concern us...

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by lifestyle1(m): 4:54pm On Jun 11, 2012
say-d-fact:
why every1 worries, we share a coke because OUR FUTURE IS SECURED....
if u no like am... write a letter to coke (seriously not a yab)

and you are sure about this ? undecided

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by Blackteeth(m): 4:56pm On Jun 11, 2012
personally i see it as africans are happy people.
Re: Have You Seen The New Coca Cola Advert? It Insults Africans by bsparks: 4:56pm On Jun 11, 2012
I don't see anything wrong with it. If u follow the flow from the begining of the advert, I'd say Coca Cola is doing great PR for Africa - IMAO cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Nina Ends Her Relationship With Miracle In Tears / Pictures Of Zack Orji, Segun Arinze, Ibinabo Fiberesima On Set Of 'Mary Slessor' / BBNaija Tega: I Have Spoken To My Husband & We Are Good

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.