Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,958 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

How Science And Atheist Get It Wrong - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Science And Atheist Get It Wrong (851 Views)

My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? / Towards Uniting Theist And Atheist / Christians, Satanist And Atheist I Pity You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Science And Atheist Get It Wrong by mumumugu(m): 12:08pm On Oct 03, 2013
A widely respected scientist hailed for his profound work with aquatic and amphibious life forms was doing a novel experiment with frogs. The experiment went as follows.

He took a frog with all four legs, clapped his hands and said, "Frog, JUMP!" The frog jumped four feet, so in his notebook he wrote,Frogs with four legs jump four feet.Then he cut off one of the legs leaving it with three, clapped his hands and said, "Frog, JUMP!" The frog jumped three feet, so in his notebook he wrote,Frogs with three legs jump three feet.Then he cut off one more leg leaving it with two, clapped his hands and said, "Frog, JUMP!" The frog jumped two feet, so in his notebook he wrote,Frogs with two legs jump two feet.Then he cut off one more leg leaving it with one, clapped his hands and said, "Frog, JUMP!" The frog jumped one foot, so in his notebook he wrote,Frogs with one leg jump one foot.He finally cut off the frog’s last leg, leaving it with none. He clapped his hands and said, "Frog, JUMP!" Froggy didn't budge. He clapped again. "Frog, JUMP!" Still nothing. So in his notebook he wrote,Frogs with no legs go deaf.

He published his work and was recognized with highest honors for his groundbreaking discovery uncovering the link between locomotive appendages and hearing.
Re: How Science And Atheist Get It Wrong by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 03, 2013
I dont get your story
Re: How Science And Atheist Get It Wrong by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 03, 2013
Nawaoh, could dis be true
Re: How Science And Atheist Get It Wrong by jayriginal: 2:41pm On Oct 03, 2013
double post.
Re: How Science And Atheist Get It Wrong by jayriginal: 2:41pm On Oct 03, 2013
Chidough: I dont get your story

The point is that he arrived at a wrong conclusion. The frog couldnt jump, not because it was deaf but because it had no legs.
Re: How Science And Atheist Get It Wrong by 2good(m): 2:50pm On Oct 03, 2013
The level of the OP's ignorance is irredeemable. You need a proper formal education.
Re: How Science And Atheist Get It Wrong by ninja4life(m): 3:01pm On Oct 03, 2013
Wat ignorance ur username says it all mumu.smh crap
Re: How Science And Atheist Get It Wrong by jayriginal: 9:51pm On Oct 03, 2013
2good: The level of the OP's ignorance is irredeemable. You need a proper formal education.

ninja4life: Wat ignorance ur username says it all mumu.smh crap

There is really nothing wrong with the OP apart from the title.

What he has tried to demonstrate is quite prevalent among human beings.

Funny enough, by isolating atheism and science, he falls into the same error he is trying to demonstrate.

The point of the OP is clear enough. Quite often, people are mislead by seemingly plausible theories/conclusions/explanations which appear to be based on, and or supported by facts or even logic.

3 Likes

Re: How Science And Atheist Get It Wrong by 2good(m): 5:13am On Oct 04, 2013
jayriginal:

There is really nothing wrong with the OP apart from the title.

What he has tried to demonstrate is quite prevalent among human beings.

Funny enough, by isolating atheism and science, he falls into the same error he is trying to demonstrate.

The point of the OP is clear enough. Quite often, people are mislead by seemingly plausible theories/conclusions/explanations which appear to be based on, and or supported by facts or even logic.

The average scientist should not be classified with people as you have used above. Most human don't reason with their own brain but rely on people to teach them what to believe in without trying to reverify if what they are taught have some element of truth based on reasoning. Scientist on the other hand are taught to scrutinize everything they are given over and over and over again until there is a certainty their their premise is not flawed. Even law of conservation of energy which states that "matter cannot be created nor destroyed but can be changed from one form to another" have been accepted by scientific community not to be absolutely true because matter is actually destroyed in nuclear reactor and relevant modifications have been made to the law. Despite countless number of flaws that have been found and published on the bible, christians still believes that the book is 100% perfect which makes it very appalling for a rational thinker because its just impossible to comprehend how people with brains could believe all the crap and stories in that book without asking questions until they find logical answer but it usually end in "god works in a mysterious way" or "who are we to question god?".
Science is based on fact and not fiction like the ignorant OP have depicted and your supporting him shows you don't understand the meaning of science. Also not all atheist are scientist or refuse to believe in god because of their understanding of science. Common sense and a little study of history is enough to let you know that all religion are man made and therefore lack no single credibility when scrutinized. Religion is only transfered down from generation to generation like a culture through intimidation and coercion

3 Likes

Re: How Science And Atheist Get It Wrong by jayriginal: 10:48am On Oct 04, 2013
^^^
Well first my good man, you should cut down on the assumptions. Always ask first!

I am not supporting the OP, I am explaining what he means. You missed the point and attacked the OP, calling him ignorant.

Also, science is not perfect. While the scientific method tries as much as possible to eliminate bias, the humans who employ the method sometimes try to skew results to the outcome they favour. There have been hoaxes, not to mention honest mistakes.
Re: How Science And Atheist Get It Wrong by 2good(m): 12:15pm On Oct 04, 2013
jayriginal: ^^^
Well first my good man, you should cut down on the assumptions. Always ask first!

I am not supporting the OP, I am explaining what he means. You missed the point and attacked the OP, calling him ignorant.

Also, science is not perfect. While the scientific method tries as much as possible to eliminate bias, the humans who employ the method sometimes try to skew results to the outcome they favour. There have been hoaxes, not to mention honest mistakes.

As simple as my explanation is, you still want to argue.I clearly explained that science is subjected to scrutiny and corrected if need be (meaning I have accepted it is not perfect) unlike bible which people believe is infallible despite all the errors in it, so i dont understand what you are saying. Also back to the OP, he is still ignorant and have a very flawed understanding of what science is all about so you dont have to try to help him paint his ignorance in another ignorant way.

1 Like

Re: How Science And Atheist Get It Wrong by jayriginal: 3:11pm On Oct 05, 2013
^^^
If you tasked your grey matter a little harder, you might get the point.

You are the one that introduced the bible into this discussion. Nobody mentioned it, not the OP, not me. I also did not argue for or against the bible. My focus has been on the OP.

As simple as the OP is, you still want to argue.

As simple as the OP is, I still had to explain it to you.

As simple as the OP and my explanation are, you still dont get it.

Word of advice, think before you post!

jayriginal:

Re: How Science And Atheist Get It Wrong by 2good(m): 3:53pm On Oct 05, 2013
jayriginal: ^^^
If you tasked your grey matter a little harder, you might get the point.

You are the one that introduced the bible into this discussion. Nobody mentioned it, not the OP, not me. I also did not argue for or against the bible. My focus has been on the OP.

As simple as the OP is, you still want to argue.

As simple as the OP is, I still had to explain it to you.

As simple as the OP and my explanation are, you still dont get it.

Word of advice, think before you post!

Read all your post on this topic and ask who need to use the brain here.
Re: How Science And Atheist Get It Wrong by jayriginal: 4:41pm On Oct 05, 2013
^^^

Read all your posts on this topic and ask who is ignorant here.

(1) (Reply)

Can You Marry A Non-believer / Let Talk About Destiny- Christians And Muslims Perspectives! / Dawkins, Bin Laden, And The Little Honey Pot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.