Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

'Shots Fired' Near US Capitol Hill - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 'Shots Fired' Near US Capitol Hill (15177 Views)

Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border / Gunshots Reported At US Capitol / Woman Fired For Calling Obama A Nigger, Hoping He's Assassinated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Shots Fired' Near US Capitol Hill by jmoore(m): 9:32pm On Oct 03, 2013
boko haram on rampage
Re: 'Shots Fired' Near US Capitol Hill by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 03, 2013
ogugua88: Oddly enough, more people are being effected by the ludicrous inactivity within the capitol than by the shooting outside.

As manny said, not a few tears will be shed if the gunmen shoot some Congressmen.
Re: 'Shots Fired' Near US Capitol Hill by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 03, 2013
jmoore: boko haram on rampage

Na Kerry give Shekau visa?
Re: 'Shots Fired' Near US Capitol Hill by Kslib(m): 9:34pm On Oct 03, 2013
modified
Re: 'Shots Fired' Near US Capitol Hill by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 03, 2013
CFCfan: As manny said, not a few tears will be shed if the gunmen shoot some Congressmen.

As long as they leave Boxer and Pelosi alone lol.
Re: 'Shots Fired' Near US Capitol Hill by manny4life(m): 9:41pm On Oct 03, 2013
CFCfan:

As manny said, not a few tears will be shed if the gunmen shoot some Congressmen.

Did you say tears? Who will shed tears for them, God forbid bad thing o. Their actions to shutdown the govt is having adverse effect on so many people. Mbanu, I will not cry for any lawmaker if they're a victim, one less selfish person we have to worry about. The worst part of all this is that when the govt resumes, you don't get paid for that lost time, in fact, you're greeted with a furlough on your pay as part of the sequestration efforts.

Ask yourself, are the lawmakers furloughed as well?

No they aren't, so tell me what's different from them and Nigerian lawmakers who don't mind earning $1million and up but will pay civil servants N18,000?

1 Like

Re: 'Shots Fired' Near US Capitol Hill by manny4life(m): 9:45pm On Oct 03, 2013
ogugua88:

As long as they leave Boxer and Pelosi alone lol.

Nne oma, Pelosi and Boehner are the same people, held the same post only difference is one is Democrat and other is a staunch tea party Republican. Although I won't hold her accountable, but she was guilty of some things in her own time.
Re: 'Shots Fired' Near US Capitol Hill by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 03, 2013
Huffpost comment "Maybe the police have identified the congressional hostage takers in D.C. and are trying to take them out" grin
Re: 'Shots Fired' Near US Capitol Hill by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 03, 2013
tpacalipse: Now I have liked yours.
O.K Vote 4 the Prize in my Signature and i will like urZ
Re: 'Shots Fired' Near US Capitol Hill by Womaniza: 10:02pm On Oct 03, 2013
After watching the way the scenario played out on CNN, I can't help but imagine how we missed it in this part of the world. The police officers still battled to keep her alive and to ensure she does not die from the gunshot. They even refused to shoot her at a close range when they earlier had the opportunity to have done that. We even watched the video of how the scenario played out. Then imagine the whole country nearly coming to a standstill because of an incident where no one died. Need I say what would have happened if this had happened in my beloved country called Nigeria.
Re: 'Shots Fired' Near US Capitol Hill by trolling(m): 10:06pm On Oct 03, 2013
watch out for October 17 things are about to take a dramatic change from here onwards
Re: 'Shots Fired' Near US Capitol Hill by tervishi(m): 10:07pm On Oct 03, 2013
Mehn d war drums hv strt'd beating o....# hu's responsible
Re: 'Shots Fired' Near US Capitol Hill by Nobody: 10:08pm On Oct 03, 2013
trolling: watch out for October 17 things are about to take a dramatic change from here onwards
Yeah, the debt-ceiling fight will be crucial. If the US govt defaults on its obligations, it could lead to higher interest rates on mortgages, bank notes etc.
Re: 'Shots Fired' Near US Capitol Hill by 50calibre(m): 10:08pm On Oct 03, 2013
Americans are going nuts!! Few weeks ago it was a navy guy going all James Bond in Virginia, now a woman going ham near the White House, what's next?
Re: 'Shots Fired' Near US Capitol Hill by manny4life(m): 10:10pm On Oct 03, 2013
trolling: watch out for October 17 things are about to take a dramatic change from here onwards

This is the scary part, the Debt Ceiling will be a tough debate.
Re: 'Shots Fired' Near US Capitol Hill by manny4life(m): 10:12pm On Oct 03, 2013
50calibre: Americans are going nuts!! Few weeks ago it was a navy guy going all James Bond in Virginia, now a woman going ham near the White House, what's next?

It was @ Navy Yard though, not in VA... What do you expect? People are getting frustrated by the minute, people are resorting to violence when they can't handle it anymore.
Re: 'Shots Fired' Near US Capitol Hill by trolling(m): 10:15pm On Oct 03, 2013
CFCfan:
Yeah, the debt-ceiling fight will be crucial. If the US govt defaults on its obligations, it could lead to higher interest rates on mortgages, bank notes etc.
dethrone the petrodollar..dethrone America....i for send you one link as how things go unfold but i no no if u get liver shocked
Re: 'Shots Fired' Near US Capitol Hill by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 03, 2013
trolling: dethrone the petrodollar..dethrone America....i for send you one link as how things go unfold but i no no if u get liver shocked
Why u dey fear? Send me the link.
Re: 'Shots Fired' Near US Capitol Hill by 50calibre(m): 10:25pm On Oct 03, 2013
manny4life:

It was @ Navy Yard though, not in VA... What do you expect? People are getting frustrated by the minute, people are resorting to violence when they can't handle it anymore.

It's the violence they flagrantly perpetrate in other countries that's been visited upon them by their own people.

If you can't be attacked by other people, you shall be attacked by your own people.

1 Like

Re: 'Shots Fired' Near US Capitol Hill by HezronLorraine(m): 10:26pm On Oct 03, 2013
everything just bad timing.shutdown still dey,shooting scare come show face.

There still is no progress after white house meeting.
Re: 'Shots Fired' Near US Capitol Hill by manny4life(m): 10:28pm On Oct 03, 2013
50calibre:

It's the violence they flagrantly perpetrate in other countries that's been visited upon them by their own people.

If you can't be attacked by other people, you shall be attacked by your own people.

Exactly!

More violence is coming if they don't resolve this issue.
Re: 'Shots Fired' Near US Capitol Hill by trolling(m): 10:30pm On Oct 03, 2013
CFCfan:
Why u dey fear? Send me the link.
my heart dey kampe,i no no weda u heart be like Popeye's chicken cheesy
Re: 'Shots Fired' Near US Capitol Hill by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 03, 2013
trolling: my heart dey kampe,i no no weda u heart be like Popeye's chicken cheesy
I be man of steel
Re: 'Shots Fired' Near US Capitol Hill by Ugosample(m): 10:39pm On Oct 03, 2013
trolling: dethrone the petrodollar..dethrone America....i for send you one link as how things go unfold but i no no if u get liver shocked
Dethrone who? Remove petrodollar? That will not happen. If the dollar is thrashed, remember that Nigeria as well as many other emerging countries have their reserves in dollars. What do you think will happen to the reserves? China will be worst hit. Their trillion $$ that they've worked so hard to accumulate will lose value. I forgive you because you lack rudimentary knowledge of economics to understand the economic implication of what you wrote to the whole world.

1 Like

Re: 'Shots Fired' Near US Capitol Hill by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 03, 2013
manny4life: Nne oma, Pelosi and Boehner are the same people, held the same post only difference is one is Democrat and other is a staunch tea party Republican. Although I won't hold her accountable, but she was guilty of some things in her own time.

Na today we dey talk of. I've forgiven her lol.
Re: 'Shots Fired' Near US Capitol Hill by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 03, 2013
Ugosample: Dethrone who? Remove petrodollar? That will not happen. If the dollar is thrashed, remember that Nigeria as well as many other emerging countries have their reserves in dollars. What do you think will happen to the reserves? China will be worst hit. Their trillion $$ that they've worked so hard to accumulate will lose value. I forgive you because you lack rudimentary knowledge of economics to understand the economic implication of what you wrote to the whole world.

The CBN could convert our dollar reserves to euro or the Chines Yuan.
Re: 'Shots Fired' Near US Capitol Hill by ManTiger(m): 10:41pm On Oct 03, 2013
Abeg make una like my post too.

Na dis "like" go put food for my table this early morning abi na afternoon self...whichever.

Since ds is what is tending, make i no dull ma self.

1 Like

Re: 'Shots Fired' Near US Capitol Hill by manny4life(m): 10:45pm On Oct 03, 2013
ogugua88:

Na today we dey talk of. I've forgiven her lol.

I know na, that's why I forgive her... grin grin

My sister I've just been frustrated... This is Manny just ranting out of frustration.
Re: 'Shots Fired' Near US Capitol Hill by trolling(m): 10:45pm On Oct 03, 2013
Ugosample: Dethrone who? Remove petrodollar? That will not happen. If the dollar is thrashed, remember that Nigeria as well as many other emerging countries have their reserves in dollars. What do you think will happen to the reserves? China will be worst hit. Their trillion $$ that they've worked so hard to accumulate will lose value. I forgive you because you lack rudimentary knowledge of economics to understand the economic implication of what you wrote to the whole world.
its in the works bro...why do u think they have BRICS in place, i would have loved to educate you but u come off really proud
Re: 'Shots Fired' Near US Capitol Hill by manny4life(m): 10:48pm On Oct 03, 2013
CFCfan:

The CBN could convert our dollar reserves to euro or the Chines Yuan.

Abeg o, no to either.

The Yuan on purpose devalues its currency from time to time and their economy ain't doing well lately.

The Euro has been sick for a while now, how many Euro countries aren't experiencing austerity measures?

All these are fiat money and prone to devaluation so let's hold our reserve in what we know best - THE GOLD STANDARD.

Gold as a commodity doesn't seem to be on the harsh decline now.
Re: 'Shots Fired' Near US Capitol Hill by manny4life(m): 10:50pm On Oct 03, 2013
trolling: its in the works bro...why do u think they have BRICS in place, i would have love to educate you but u come off really proud

Please educate us because I want to hear your side of argument.
Re: 'Shots Fired' Near US Capitol Hill by jairusben(m): 10:52pm On Oct 03, 2013
Like i dnt giv a Bleep abt nutin.. Cn never resyd in dc coz racism der is jst too much dah i cnt even get my self think... I rep austin, texas

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ariel Castro Commits Suicide In Prison / Uganda bans red beret, opposition Bobi Wine's signature headgear / Are Nigerians Actually Happy People - Myth Or Fact

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.