Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,595 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

«««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» - Nairaland / General (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» (86518 Views)

Barcanista Blackmail Ii: Friends And "Friends", Patriotism And "Malooism", / "Val and Tracey's lounge " / SIN Lounge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (108) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jan 12, 2017
lexiconkabir:

hope you not stressing much tho?

Moderately stressing but alhamdulliah it could be much worse.
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jan 12, 2017
snapscore:

Moderately stressing but alhamdulliah it could be much worse.

pele, but the semester just started

from what i notice, you are a strong person (perhaps stronger than me), so you should be able to overcome the stress...
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 12, 2017
lexiconkabir:

pele, but the semester just started

from what i notice, you are a strong person (perhaps stronger than me), so you should be able to overcome the stress...

Yeah I know the semester just started but I am planning to do a lot of things. Like volunteer, learn Arabic, maybe have a bit of fun (go out with friends and not just study like life revolves around studying). I am also little worried about my gpa. I have goals I want to reach.

Thanks. In sha Allah
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 12, 2017
snapscore:

Yeah I know the semester just started but I am planning to do a lot of things. Like volunteer, learn Arabic, maybe have a bit of fun (go out with friends and not just study like life revolves around studying). I am also little worried about my gpa. I have goals I want to reach.

Thanks. In sha Allah

oh! yeah, you need to go out with friends and have fun, life don't revolve around "books" actually, you just need to know the perfect timing for all things ... I'm guessing you are an introvert?
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jan 12, 2017
as for cgpa, i trust you on that!! you are "sister to sho(sure)"
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jan 12, 2017
lexiconkabir:

oh! yeah, you need to go out with friends and have fun, life don't revolve around "books" actually, you just need to know the perfect timing for all things ... I'm guessing you are an introvert?

I don't know. I am extremely quiet in new environments like when I went for the program. I didn't talk to a lot of people and I barely left my room.But at the same time, I am loud around my friends and environments I am comfortable in (like my university). Yesterday, an instructor told me she thought I was very social and I told her nope it's just at the university. I barely go out. It's not like I don't enjoy going out, it's just I'm really really comfortable at home and being by myself (most times).
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jan 12, 2017
lexiconkabir:
as for cgpa, i trust you on that!! you are "sister to sho(sure)"

I hope.

I have been working for this semester. This semester will decide whether I reach my goal or not.
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 12, 2017
snapscore:

I don't know. I am extremely quiet in new environments like when I went for the program. I didn't talk to a lot of people and I barely left my room.But at the same time, I am loud around my friends and environments I am comfortable in (like my university). Yesterday, an instructor told me she thought I was very social and I told her nope it's just at the university. I barely go out. It's not like I don't enjoy going out, it's just I'm really really comfortable at home and being by myself (most times).

lol.... as for me, only people close to me can really tell that I'm jovial, but again, they know that when i get serious, then indeed i am. but people not close to me, they see me as "proud"(full of myself), in fact yesterday my cousin was telling me, her friends told her, that i'm too proud, whenever i see them, i just greet and leave, that i don't talk to them and so on. that's how people not close to me view me.

bt in reality I'm an extrovert naturally, i just learnt to set linits.

2 Likes

Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 12, 2017
snapscore:

I hope.

I have been working for this semester. This semester will decide whether I reach my goal or not.

you are "sister to sure" so cgpa will stand fit like Zuma rock, insha Allaah.
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 12, 2017
lexiconkabir:

lol.... as for me, only people close to me can really tell that I'm jovial, but again, they know that when i get serious, then indeed i am. but people not close to me, they see me as "proud"(full of myself), in fact yesterday my cousin was telling me, her friends told her, that i'm too proud, whenever i see them, i just greet and leave, that i don't talk to them and so on. that's how people not close to me view me.

bt in reality I'm an extrovert naturally, i just learnt to set linits.

That's nice.
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 12, 2017
lexiconkabir:

you are "sister to sure" so cgpa will stand fit like Zuma rock, insha Allaah.

in sha Allah
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jan 13, 2017
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 14, 2017
Salam alaykum demmzy15

How are you doing?

My guess is you've returned to school, so how are/were your exams?
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by Demmzy15(m): 8:56pm On Jan 14, 2017
snapscore:
Salam alaykum demmzy15

How are you doing?

My guess is you've returned to school, so how are/were your exams?
Jazaka Allaah kayran Ya Ukti, wallahi had one today and it wasn't smiling. I just pray it isn't too bad!

1 Like

Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by Rilwayne001: 9:05pm On Jan 14, 2017
Demmzy15:
Jazaka Allaah kayran Ya Ukti, wallahi had one today and it wasn't smiling. I just pray it isn't too bad!

May Allah make you smile. Do your best and leave the rest for him. wink smiley
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by Demmzy15(m): 1:00am On Jan 15, 2017
Rilwayne001:

May Allah make you smile. Do your best and leave the rest for him. wink smiley
Insha'Allahu Egbon, thanks, Jazaka Allaah kayran!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by AideeSheks(m): 3:47am On Jan 15, 2017
Salam alaykum lexiconkabir
Saw your mention. Appreciate your concern. I've not been entirely that busy though just that where I'm staying had issues with the electricity over this past week. My phone was barely on throughout. Couldn't afford to come online.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by Nobody: 5:44am On Jan 15, 2017
AideeSheks:
Salam alaykum lexic.onkabir
Saw your mention. Appreciate your concern. I've not been entirely that busy though just that where I'm staying had issues with the electricity over this past week. My phone was barely on throughout. Couldn't afford to come online.

light problem? you back to Ilorin? cuz we facing the same problem right now..
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by AideeSheks(m): 6:16am On Jan 15, 2017
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by AideeSheks(m): 6:17am On Jan 15, 2017
lexiconkabir:

light problem? you back to Ilorin? cuz we facing the same problem right now..
Na Offa dem post me come, not Ilorin.
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by Nobody: 6:25am On Jan 15, 2017
AideeSheks:

Na Offa dem post me come, not Ilorin.

lol, my town! grin you go eat potatoes taya, we even pound potatoes just as it is being done to yam...

it's people are less hypocritical if you are to compare them to Ilorin people...

enjoy your stay!!
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by AideeSheks(m): 7:00am On Jan 15, 2017
lexiconkabir:

lol, my town! grin you go eat potatoes taya, we even pound potatoes just as it is being done to yam...

it's people are less hypocritical if you are to compare them to Ilorin people...

enjoy your stay!!
I was shocked the first time someone told me their own iyan here is from potatoes grin . I will definitely try it out soon. I keep hearing iyeru-okin everywhere but I never see one live okin with my eyes, abi dem don kill everything chop ni? grin

So far, it seems quite serene and peaceful which I like. And I was happy seeing that a large number of the women here dress the proper way (much better compared to where I come from).

The problem I just have for now is the way the town is really dusty undecided . I naturally have dust allergies, so I don't like it much when I walk along the streets.

Thank you. Looking forward to my stay here.
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by Nobody: 7:49am On Jan 15, 2017
AideeSheks:

I was shocked the first time someone told me their own iyan here is from potatoes grin . I will definitely try it out soon. I keep hearing iyeru-okin everywhere but I never see one live okin with my eyes, abi dem don kill everything chop ni? grin

So far, it seems quite serene and peaceful which I like. And I was happy seeing that a large number of the women here dress the proper way (much better compared to where I come from).

The problem I just have for now is the way the town is really dusty undecided . I naturally have dust allergies, so I don't like it much when I walk along the streets.

Thank you. Looking forward to my stay here.

if you want to see okin, go to the oba's palace, you'll see it plenty, go on a friday, some minutes before jum'ah, there is a mosque opposite to his palace, so you can use the opportunity of praying jumah.

as for dust, you just start grin

yes, alot of women there wear niqob(eleha), one of the reasons why i am enjoying my stay in Unilorin too, most sisters (who didnt even wear scarf from the beginning) wear niqob here, only a few show their faces(tho still wear socks and at times gloves).

hope you are teaching??
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by AideeSheks(m): 10:12am On Jan 15, 2017
lexiconkabir:

if you want to see okin, go to the oba's palace, you'll see it plenty, go on a friday, some minutes before jum'ah, there is a mosque opposite to his palace, so you can use the opportunity of praying jumah.

as for dust, you just start grin

yes, alot of women there wear niqob(eleha), one of the reasons why i am enjoying my stay in Unilorin too, most sisters (who didnt even wear scarf from the beginning) wear niqob here, only a few show their faces(tho still wear socks and at times gloves).

hope you are teaching??
Well...
I'm not quite sure yet. My PPA is federal poly. Waiting for posting letter from them so I can resume work there officially. Whether I get to teach or not depends on the department I'm posted to and if my superiors there assign me something to teach.
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 15, 2017
AideeSheks:

Well...
I'm not quite sure yet. My PPA is federal poly. Waiting for posting letter from them so I can resume work there officially. Whether I get to teach or not depends on the department I'm posted to and if my superiors there assign me something to teach.

do you want to teach?
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by AideeSheks(m): 10:48am On Jan 15, 2017
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by AideeSheks(m): 10:49am On Jan 15, 2017
lexiconkabir:

do you want to teach?
Absolutely. I have a strong passion for teaching.
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by Nobody: 11:08am On Jan 15, 2017
AideeSheks:

Absolutely. I have a strong passion for teaching.

cool.....i so much love teaching too, i hope it's what Allaah has written for me(as a career eventually, lecturing actually) I'm hoping I will be posted to be a teacher of maths(or physics) in a poly(or sec), but i don't want primary school oo, that one will just kill my spirit grin

heard something about how and why you are posted to certain places for NYSC, want to confirm with you, if you heard such too and it's validity.

heard, 1st class and 2-1 graduates are mostly taken to places that eventually your job there wont be teaching...

while anything below that are mostly taken to places where they eventually teach...

did you hear anything of such?
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 15, 2017
AideeSheks:

to avoid double post, whenever you type and submit, if you want to add something to the post, if its still loading, wait for it to submit first before clicking the modify button to edit.
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by AideeSheks(m): 11:55am On Jan 15, 2017
lexiconkabir:

cool.....i so much love teaching too, i hope it's what Allaah has written for me(as a career eventually, lecturing actually) I'm hoping I will be posted to be a teacher of maths(or physics) in a poly(or sec), but i don't want primary school oo, that one will just kill my spirit grin

heard something about how and why you are posted to certain places for NYSC, want to confirm with you, if you heard such too and it's validity.

heard, 1st class and 2-1 graduates are mostly taken to places that eventually your job there wont be teaching...

while anything below that are mostly taken to places where they eventually teach...

did you hear anything of such?
I admire your desire to teach. It's quite a rare thing to find in people nowadays. I'm still confused as to which career path to start with; I know I'll most definitely still go into academics at some stage but still unsure whether to start with it or field work. Many fellow corpers here hated the idea of being posted to places where they'll teach .

With regard to the NYSC thing, the only rule which they've been enacting is that first class graduates must be posted to higher institutions (either uni or poly). The only issue is that many of these institutions (especially universities) don't allow corpers to teach much (except maybe you're able to be taking the students tutorials). And apart from this, I think more than 80% of corpers here were posted to schools (except those in the medical field and law or those the few that were posted to companies). Course of study also determines posting. For someone like you that's studying mathematics, it's almost an assurance that your posting will be at a place where you'll teach.
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 15, 2017
AideeSheks:

I admire your desire to teach. It's quite a rare thing to find in people nowadays. I'm still confused as to which career path to start with; I know I'll most definitely still go into academics at some stage but still unsure whether to start with it or field work. Many fellow corpers here hated the idea of being posted to places where they'll teach .

With regard to the NYSC thing, the only rule which they've been enacting is that first class graduates must be posted to higher institutions (either uni or poly). The only issue is that many of these institutions (especially universities) don't allow corpers to teach much (except maybe you're able to be taking the students tutorials). And apart from this, I think more than 80% of corpers here were posted to schools (except those in the medical field and law or those the few that were posted to companies). Course of study also determines posting. For someone like you that's studying mathematics, it's almost an assurance that your posting will be at a place where you'll teach.

interesting....

emm do you still use the ori for your beards? i think i got something better smiley
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by AideeSheks(m): 5:20pm On Jan 15, 2017
lexiconkabir:

interesting....

emm do you still use the ori for your beards? i think i got something better smiley
Yes. Still using ori.
What's the alternative you discovered?

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (108) (Reply)

Corpse Of Woman Buried 14-years-ago In Epe, Lagos Found Same Way It Was. Photo / Two Hungry Snakes Tear A Frog To Pieces And Eat It Alive (pics) / King Cobra And Giant Python Fight Each Other To Death In Southeast Asia (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.