Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:44 AM

The Truth About Eggs - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Truth About Eggs (30161 Views)

Cure Premature Ejaculaion And Infertility Using Quail Eggs / The Ugly Truth About Your Toothbrush / Effect of Eggs on Our Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth About Eggs by OmoyeleTobi: 4:07pm On Oct 05, 2013
thks for d info
Re: The Truth About Eggs by donkross1(m): 4:12pm On Oct 05, 2013
doctor isa:

Hard-boiled eggs make a quick snack if you are in a hurry or can be used to sneak protein into your salad at lunch. Adding hard-boiled eggs to your diet adds good fats to your body to keep your heart healthy. Hard-boiled eggs also pack important vitamins to help protect your eyes and keep your bones strong.

Hard-boiled eggs provide good fats called monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, or MUFAs and PUFAs. Replacing saturated and trans fats as much as possible with monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats stabilizes your blood cholesterol levels and lowers your overall risk of heart disease, explains MayoClinic.com. These heart-healthy fats also regulate insulin in your blood, which keeps your blood sugar within a healthy range -- especially beneficial if you have type 2 diabetes. More than two-thirds of the fat content of hard-boiled eggs comes from good MUFAs and PUFAs.
High Protein

Hard-boiled eggs are naturally high in protein. You need protein to build muscle mass, but it also helps repair all tissues in your body and provides structure for cellular walls. Your diet should consist of 10 percent to 35 percent protein, or 50 to 175 grams for someone following a 2,000-calorie diet, according to the Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2010. One large hard-boiled egg provides more than 6 grams of protein.
Eye Health

One of the major vitamins in eggs is vitamin A. This vitamin is a component of a protein that absorbs light in your retinas, protects membranes around the cornea and lessens your risk of night blindness. Women need 700 micrograms of daily vitamin A and men require 900 micrograms, the Office of Dietary Supplements reports. Snacking on a large hard-boiled egg adds approximately 75 micrograms of vitamin A to your diet.
Strong Bones

Hard-boiled eggs provide vitamin D to keep your bones and teeth strong. Vitamin D promotes the absorption of calcium and regulates calcium levels in your blood. This process ensures that your skeleton gets the calcium it needs for strength and structure. You need 600 international units of vitamin D each day, reports the Office of Dietary Supplements. You get about 45 international units of vitamin D from one large hard-boiled egg.
Caloric Information

One large hard-boiled egg provides nearly 80 calories. About 60 percent of the calories come from fat. Eliminate nearly all of the fat, if you want to cut back on calories, by scooping out the egg yolk. By consuming only the lean protein from the egg white, you reduce your calorie intake by more than half.

Cheers
dr Isa
NICE ONE DR
Re: The Truth About Eggs by oscarchuks: 4:14pm On Oct 05, 2013
;DMore eggs for me then!
Re: The Truth About Eggs by morningsta(m): 4:22pm On Oct 05, 2013
@OP, many thanks for sharing this. It is enlightening.
Re: The Truth About Eggs by StepG: 4:25pm On Oct 05, 2013
Re: The Truth About Eggs by StepG: 4:49pm On Oct 05, 2013
doctor isa:

Hard-boiled eggs make a quick snack if you are in a hurry or can be used to sneak protein into your salad at lunch. Adding hard-boiled eggs to your diet adds good fats to your body to keep your heart healthy. Hard-boiled eggs also pack important vitamins to help protect your eyes and keep your bones strong.

Hard-boiled eggs provide good fats called monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, or MUFAs and PUFAs. Replacing saturated and trans fats as much as possible with monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats stabilizes your blood cholesterol levels and lowers your overall risk of heart disease, explains MayoClinic.com. These heart-healthy fats also regulate insulin in your blood, which keeps your blood sugar within a healthy range -- especially beneficial if you have type 2 diabetes. More than two-thirds of the fat content of hard-boiled eggs comes from good MUFAs and PUFAs.
High Protein

Hard-boiled eggs are naturally high in protein. You need protein to build muscle mass, but it also helps repair all tissues in your body and provides structure for cellular walls. Your diet should consist of 10 percent to 35 percent protein, or 50 to 175 grams for someone following a 2,000-calorie diet, according to the Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2010. One large hard-boiled egg provides more than 6 grams of protein.
Eye Health

One of the major vitamins in eggs is vitamin A. This vitamin is a component of a protein that absorbs light in your retinas, protects membranes around the cornea and lessens your risk of night blindness. Women need 700 micrograms of daily vitamin A and men require 900 micrograms, the Office of Dietary Supplements reports. Snacking on a large hard-boiled egg adds approximately 75 micrograms of vitamin A to your diet.
Strong Bones

Hard-boiled eggs provide vitamin D to keep your bones and teeth strong. Vitamin D promotes the absorption of calcium and regulates calcium levels in your blood. This process ensures that your skeleton gets the calcium it needs for strength and structure. You need 600 international units of vitamin D each day, reports the Office of Dietary Supplements. You get about 45 international units of vitamin D from one large hard-boiled egg.
Caloric Information

One large hard-boiled egg provides nearly 80 calories. About 60 percent of the calories come from fat. Eliminate nearly all of the fat, if you want to cut back on calories, by scooping out the egg yolk. By consuming only the lean protein from the egg white, you reduce your calorie intake by more than half.

Cheers
dr Isa
Re: The Truth About Eggs by agrovick(m): 4:56pm On Oct 05, 2013
Abeg I no say i lazy but na ASUU cause am, that thing to long nw shooooo. Biko wetin Op dey try tell us?
Re: The Truth About Eggs by Ogegod87: 5:29pm On Oct 05, 2013
agrovick: Abeg I no say i lazy but na ASUU cause am, that thing to long nw shooooo. Biko wetin Op dey try tell us?

News i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ PIGIN INGLISH. Op say ehn, before before, ppl bin tink say egg no good for body. But now, dem com use d same mouth talk say, egg good for body. But sha make U̶̲̥̅̊ no too eat am. Him still talk say if U̶̲̥̅̊ want chop egg ehn, make U̶̲̥̅̊ chop @ least 2 eggs i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ a day. I hear?
Re: The Truth About Eggs by AlhajiPastor: 5:30pm On Oct 05, 2013
don kross: NICE ONE BY YOU
Honestly you must be chronically wicked to have quoted the whole of this long write up only for you to type NICE ONE BY YOU
Re: The Truth About Eggs by kolamilan(m): 5:37pm On Oct 05, 2013
any summarizer in the house ?
Re: The Truth About Eggs by Itsalphaa(m): 6:02pm On Oct 05, 2013
great post! #i think
but i no fit read am, its too long na
the last time i read smthng educational was 95 days ago..#ASUU
Re: The Truth About Eggs by FILEBE(m): 6:53pm On Oct 05, 2013
...That reminds me. If u are in need of many crates of eggs eg ranging from 20 to 100. Pm me i can suply you.
Re: The Truth About Eggs by goingsolo: 7:10pm On Oct 05, 2013
swhiss: Life is too short to read all these terms and conditions before eating egg lipsrsealed
. grin angry angry cheesy angry grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Truth About Eggs by johnaruson(m): 7:41pm On Oct 05, 2013
vitamin A is for sight, learn it Nairalanders!
Re: The Truth About Eggs by MyJoe: 7:44pm On Oct 05, 2013
chrystee: @annybliss,
Thanks 4 taking time to research and enlighten us on this topic. My husband is an egg lover. He eats two eggs each day and it used to bother me because I used to associate egg consumption with high cholesterol which I heard was bad for the heart. Now I have a better understanding of the diff types of cholesterol and I now know dt the type of cholesterol gotten from eggs isn't linked to heart problems.
Actually, you should do MORE research on your own. Just saying.
Re: The Truth About Eggs by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 05, 2013
ehhhh??u say wetin??no meat for d soup??oya sexkills go buy egg come.....i give u five minutes...cooked one oo....lols
Re: The Truth About Eggs by AdeniyiA(m): 8:01pm On Oct 05, 2013
once I heard that drinking raw eggs is good for health, I've tried it.
how true?
Re: The Truth About Eggs by Mercyu1(f): 8:07pm On Oct 05, 2013
@Poster,wat is an example of saturated fat?
Re: The Truth About Eggs by bokohalal1: 9:19pm On Oct 05, 2013
doctor isa:

High Protein

Eye Health

Strong Bones

Caloric Information

Cheers
dr Isa

Hello,

Please avoid plagiarism by acknowledging your source of information next time as the original authors might have put in hours, days, weeks or months into providing this information online. Although the article may be just few lines, it is not common information in public domain and may be considered an intellectual property of the authors.

The article above was written by Melodie Anne Coffman and Demand Media; Source of information above: http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/health-benefits-hardboiled-eggs-2526.html

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Eggs by NAJALYN: 9:56pm On Oct 05, 2013
Nice post. Thanks for the info.
Re: The Truth About Eggs by Bkrubzy(m): 10:52pm On Oct 05, 2013
Culdnt read errfn buh tnx 4 d info tho'
Re: The Truth About Eggs by maphed: 10:54pm On Oct 05, 2013
How about fried eggs? Need answers pls
Re: The Truth About Eggs by Nobody: 11:07pm On Oct 05, 2013
obadiah777: eggs is nasty. thats eating foetus. like so like totally gross dude
And I thought I was the only one who thought so...I don't eat eggs,they creep me out
Re: The Truth About Eggs by danjalingo: 1:20am On Oct 06, 2013
but when you eat chicken, it is not eating human flesh? na waa for una oô. ..
Re: The Truth About Eggs by Revolva(m): 1:29am On Oct 06, 2013
grin grin grin i like drinking raw eggs...with milk and orange juice....much protein for me
Re: The Truth About Eggs by greatgod2012(f): 4:38am On Oct 06, 2013
More market for poultry farmers.
Re: The Truth About Eggs by greatgod2012(f): 4:40am On Oct 06, 2013
@op, I believe you because everything God created was good, including eggs.
Re: The Truth About Eggs by greatgod2012(f): 4:43am On Oct 06, 2013

So, unfertilised eggs are now foetus.
Its okaaaaaaayyyy.
Re: The Truth About Eggs by Morgan1092(m): 7:16am On Oct 06, 2013
swhiss: Life is too short to read all these terms and conditions before eating egg lipsrsealed
Seriously! Cudn't read it halfway. Atleast d 1st two comments said it all 'dat egg isn't bad'

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Seven Causes Of Infertility You Should Know About But Don't / Doctor With Fake UNILAG Certificate Arrested In Ogun (photo) / The Dangers Of Chewing Gum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.