Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,584 members, 7,812,911 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

All Data Users,it's Campaign Part Two,come Out Now - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / All Data Users,it's Campaign Part Two,come Out Now (638 Views)

All Data Plan Users,it's Campaign Part Two,arise Now / Updated:all Data Users Demand Fairness Ongoing Campaign In Nigeria. / All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

All Data Users,it's Campaign Part Two,come Out Now by benatex(m): 8:09am On Oct 04, 2013
[b] My name is Dami,I'm an Android user,When I first bought the phone,about 7months ago,I was surfing the net with MTN's Daily Bundle Plan 10MB for 24hours,no downloads. Few months later,all MTN users got a way to browse free,download unlimitedly,stream videos all day with no thought of thinking this enjoyment and blessing would go away. I am very sure MTN was aware of this,it was called 'MTN MAGIC SIM'. To be honest with you,I still hope for that day to come when it will happen again,don't you. After this so called MTN's blessing ended,I got an information containing all the INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER's Data Bundle Plans and I found out that the cheapest I could afford was Airtel's Monthly BIS which was N1500 for 2gb,some might think this is fair,but as a regular downloader,a might video streamer,an HD game freak this is totally not fair. I mean really,what exactly do you want to do with 2gb? I got angry and I later went back to my MTN DAILY BUNDLE PLAN until I discovered myself that the MTN DAILY BIS that normally works on Blackberry Devices also works on Android devices,this was nice I tell you,subscribing daily for just N100. Few weeks later,MTN blocked this plan from working on Android devices and I asked a rhetorical question,WHY? Seriously let's ask them why,are we not paying them? I spend N700 a week just to surf and download. As at this time there was ASUU strike meaning no work to do,no where to go until peole later devised means to make this MTN BIS plan work on Android devices,it was called VPN(VIRTUAL PRIVATE NETWORK),even with this VPN,we were restricted to a specific bandwidth,100MB. This means I pay 100N for 100MB,still I was not satisfied. MTN blocked this VPNs from working on all android phones as at the end of September 2013. Why? Does this look fair? I called the MTN Customer Care Line and a Representative advised me to subscribe for the Monthly Data Bundle Plan which goes for N1000 for 250mb. How do they expect me to use that for 30days? What exactly can I do with it? I see no reason not to port to another network,don't you. I have said enough story, the last time there was a Data Plan Campaign,it didn't go on well,it died down quickly,this time it must not happen. LET US RISE,LET OUR VOICES BE HEARD,LET US GO TO ALL SOCIAL MEDIA AND PROTEST,EVERYTHING MUST BE FAIR TO US!!!!!!!!!!! (FRONT PAGE PLEASE)[/b] Sorry pls this is the real topic https://www.nairaland.com/1464754/all-data-plan-usersits-campaign
Re: All Data Users,it's Campaign Part Two,come Out Now by write2obi(m): 9:06am On Oct 04, 2013
I have a feeling MTN, GlO, Etisalat n artel won't read this, so no point
Re: All Data Users,it's Campaign Part Two,come Out Now by francis247(m): 1:42pm On Oct 04, 2013
Why dont you Stop dreaming and face reality. Mobile data is expensive everywhere. In the UK for instance, mobile data still sell @ 4 pounds for 100mb which is equal to #1000 while WIFI plans sell 3gb-5gb @ 10-12 pounds which is #2,500-#3000. Unlimited mobile data access still cost nothing less than #10,000 per month inspite of all the infrastructure they have, not to mention the fact that they don't import bandwidth. Why do you think that when you're about to download files, games or apps of 20-50mb and above from the playstore or some other source you're urged to connect to a WIFI network. Most times until you uncheck the box written "download from WIFI network only" whenever you're about to download an app of over 30mb from playstore, the file will not be downloaded. Our mobile network providers especially the likes of Visafone and Multilinks ought to have WIFI networks scattered across major cities at least with their respective apps to acces and use them smoothly, that's how it should be and even at that, it's not as cheap as peeps here demand. Imagine someone demanding unlimited data @ #1500, not even up to 10 dollars.

1 Like

Re: All Data Users,it's Campaign Part Two,come Out Now by Emmysteve(m): 3:35pm On Oct 04, 2013
I just dey observe

(1) (Reply)

Iphone 4s / How To Increase Internal Memory Of Your Android Device / Help: Where Can I Get Micromax Phones In Ikeja...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.