Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,765 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Chelsea Made Me An Offer - Alex Ferguson - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Made Me An Offer - Alex Ferguson (595 Views)

Alex Ferguson’s Last Chewed Gum For Sale On E-bay / Alex Ferguson & Ryan Giggs Named Best Manager & Player In EPL History / Rafa Benitez Vs Alex Ferguson- The Mind Games Continues! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea Made Me An Offer - Alex Ferguson by Napolitano(m): 8:29am On Oct 04, 2013

Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed that he was once offered the position of manager of the Chelsea FC when the club was purchased by Roman Abramovichin 2003.

Ferguson says he was approached to replace Claudio Ranieri at Stamford Bridge when Abramovich arrived in England, but the offer was dismissed immediately.

"They used an agent to approach me when Abramovich first took over the club and I said no chance," he said in an interview on American TV.

Sir Alex ended his Manchester United career in May after 26-and-a-half years at the Old Trafford. During his time, he won 38 trophies with the club, including 13 Premier League titles.

But the 71-year-old Alex Ferguson reaffirmed confidence that the Red Devil's new coach, David Moyes is capable of achieving success at Old Trafford, and reaffirmed his decision to retire from the game.

"United are in good hands with David Moyes. He will be fine. He's a good manager," Ferguson said.

"I'm not interested in managing again or getting myself worked up about Manchester United's results.

"You would be throwing your money down the drain if you put any money on me coming back as a manager. I made my decision. The timing was perfect. There is no way back for me now. I've got a new life. I want to go to the Kentucky Derby and the US Masters, the Melbourne Cup. I want to visit vineyards in Tuscany and France."

http://www.sportinferno.com/article/174/chelsea-gave-me-an-offer-alex-ferguson/
Re: Chelsea Made Me An Offer - Alex Ferguson by Fkforyou(m): 10:47am On Oct 05, 2013
Am an Arsenal fan,but I respect this man alot...Happy retirement Grand pa.
Re: Chelsea Made Me An Offer - Alex Ferguson by Napolitano(m): 11:41am On Oct 06, 2013
A man of principles. So is Wenger too
Re: Chelsea Made Me An Offer - Alex Ferguson by uffforum: 1:04pm On Oct 07, 2013
Sir Alex Ferguson was right not going to chelsea cause he would have been send away by now,Now he has fulfill his dreams at Manchester United.

(1) (Reply)

The Current Most Expensive Premier League XI / DT Exclusive: Arsene Wenger's Deadline Day Text Messages / Arsenal Or Asswipes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.