Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,541 members, 7,823,371 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Rafa Benitez Vs Alex Ferguson- The Mind Games Continues! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Rafa Benitez Vs Alex Ferguson- The Mind Games Continues! (6022 Views)

Alex Ferguson’s Last Chewed Gum For Sale On E-bay / Rafa Benitez Appointed As Chelsea Manager / Alex Ferguson & Ryan Giggs Named Best Manager & Player In EPL History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rafa Benitez Vs Alex Ferguson- The Mind Games Continues! by bgees(m): 4:54pm On Apr 17, 2009
Fergie slams Rafa conduct.

Manchester United have an FA Cup semi-final against Liverpool's Merseyside rivals Everton on Sunday and Ferguson has taken the opportunity to intensify his war of words with Benitez as their Premier League title battle hots up.

The United boss has delivered a withering assessment of Benitez's recent conduct, saying it is unbefitting of a Liverpool manager.

Benitez previously described five-time FA Cup winners Everton as a "small club" and Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce has complained about Benitez's behaviour during his side's 4-0 defeat at Anfield last week.

The Spaniard shrugged his shoulders and crossed his hands after Liverpool's second goal, with Allardyce claiming it was "disrespectful and quite humiliating", and Ferguson is in agreement.

"Everton are a big club, not a small one which Benitez arrogantly said," he said.

Unforgivable
"But arrogance is one thing. You cannot forgive contempt, which is what he showed Sam Allardyce last weekend.

"When Liverpool scored their second goal he signalled as if the game was finished. I do not think Sam deserved that.

"Sam has worked so hard for the LMA (League Managers' Association) and he's had a weakened team. I just thought it showed contempt.

"In my experience no Liverpool manager has ever done that. It was beyond the pale."
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5199884,00.html

Sam - Rafa humiliated us

Sam Allardyce has launched a scathing attack on Rafa Benitez in the wake of Blackburn's 4-0 defeat by Liverpool at Anfield last Saturday.

Allardyce has accused the Spaniard of being 'disrespectful' and 'humiliating' over gestures he made on the touchline after Fernando Torres had headed the home side into a two-goal lead before the interval.

Television replays showed Benitez shrugged his shoulders and then crossed his hands, which Allardyce has taken to mean that the Reds boss felt the game was already over, even though there was almost an hour still to play.

Relegation-threatened Rovers, who were second best throughout the match, were missing several players through injury and employed centre-back Chris Samba in a lone striking role.

Allardyce claims he attempted to speak to Benitez about his actions after the game but could not make contact with the Spaniard and has been left fuming by the incident.

Humiliating
He told Sky Sports News: "It's not out of our system for two reasons. One is the disappointment at the way the team performed. I know we had a lot of injuries on the day, but I still felt that we should have gone there and done better than we did.

"And two, is the unfortunate gestures from Rafa Benitez after the second goal. I wanted to clarify his gestures. I think you'll see them as pretty dismissive to me and to Blackburn Rovers' team as a whole.

"I think they are disrespectful and quite humiliating.

"I waited to have a word with Rafa Benitez in his room after the game but as usual, and unfortunately, he didn't turn up.

"I was hugely disappointed by those gestures and having re-looked at them this week I think I'm right and I think everyone will see why I'm complaining."

When asked if he felt Benitez was writing his side off, Allardyce replied: "That was the feeling by the gestures. It was an open arms and a cross-over of arms as if that was it.

"The game is hard enough as it is without a fellow manager trying to do, what seemed to be, an undermining gesture."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5199709,00.html

Fergie issues Moyes endorsement

On the same day in which Sir Alex Ferguson spoke so candidly of Rafa Benitez's 'arrogance' he showered praise on Everton manager David Moyes.

The Manchester United boss was in an open and revealing mood during his Friday press conference ahead of Sunday's FA Cup semi-final against Everton, as he offered a withering assessment of Rafa Benitez's touchline behaviour against Blackburn last weekend.

Sam Allardyce has been fuming over what he has perceived to be a slight against his team, with Benitez accused by both the Rovers and United bosses of showing contempt towards a fellow manager and his side.

While Ferguson's comments about long-term sparring partner Benitez are likely to dominate the column inches, another validation of Moyes' work at Everton is in its way equally intriguing.

Ferguson has made no secret of his admiration for the job his fellow Scot has done at Goodison Park and another ringing endorsement for the man tipped by some to eventually replace him at Old Trafford, may cause the odd raised eyebrow.

Moyes enjoys the type of omnipresent control on Merseyside that Ferguson boasts in Manchester but few others in the Premier League are indulged.

And Ferguson believes Moyes is using his power effectively in building something worthwhile for the future, saying: "With David Moyes having been there for five years now he's built a club - a good football club.

Big club
"Irrespective of whatever Rafa Benitez said, they are a big club. It just points to his arrogance.

"David Moyes is building a big club, the evidence is there.

"It's a young squad and it will get better. The players he has in his team, when allied to those he has brought in, are all of a good variety.

"He's done a great job, my job for Saturday is very difficult because we are facing a hungry team because David has to win a trophy and I know he's feeling it.

"This is a big opportunity for him, to win the game on Sunday, and that's what we're facing; a very hungry team and a very hungry manager."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5200147,00.html

rafa will find this very funny because prior to the blackburn match, big sam alladyce taunted rafa saying: he loves whingering and moaning. rafa had always complained about big sam's dirty style. now big sam gets beaten and the fool still wants some respect. its a shame.

and slur alex is just being a d!ck . i just hope rafa ignores him.

Re: Rafa Benitez Vs Alex Ferguson- The Mind Games Continues! by tocdee(m): 5:31pm On Apr 17, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

That photo just made my day!!

Fergie's like a scared child hiding behind Bitter Sam tongue And I laughed so hard when I saw his face during the interview defending Everton! He looked soooo sad! Clown.

It all means that Liverpool is doing something right finally. Wenger was Fergie's rant target back in Arsenal's glory days, Fergie openly hated Mourinho during the blue years and now surely, the Liverpool are giving the old man cause to worry. I just hope Rafa doesn't bother reacting to these kids.
Re: Rafa Benitez Vs Alex Ferguson- The Mind Games Continues! by slimghost(m): 6:14pm On Apr 17, 2009
@poster
Go get a life jo! otondo! ever heard of the word mindgame? thats wat Big Sam played, but Rafa acted bitchy. their was no sense of maturity in Rafa's action. you guys should get real jo!!!!!!!!!!!!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Rafa Benitez Vs Alex Ferguson- The Mind Games Continues! by tocdee(m): 6:19pm On Apr 17, 2009
slimghost:

@poster
Go get a life jo! otondo! ever heard of the word mindgame? thats wat Big Sam played, but Rafa acted bitchy. their was no sense of maturity in Rafa's action. you guys should get real jo!!!!!!!!!!!!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Er. . . What was that? Since when did Sam start mind games with Rafa, and what could he hope to achieve? Rafa hasn't even reacted to his recent statements. so what bitchy action did Rafa put up exactly?
Re: Rafa Benitez Vs Alex Ferguson- The Mind Games Continues! by Sauron1: 6:27pm On Apr 17, 2009

Rafa Benitez has been dumped out of all Cup competitions this season.
He won't win the league and he's going to finish potless for the 2nd time this season.

Sir Alex should have mercy on the Fat Waiter.
Re: Rafa Benitez Vs Alex Ferguson- The Mind Games Continues! by slimghost(m): 6:53pm On Apr 17, 2009
tocdee:

Er. . . What was that? Since when did Sam start mind games with Rafa, and what could he hope to achieve? Rafa hasn't even reacted to his recent statements. so what bitchy action did Rafa put up exactly?

ehen? what about his gesture when Torress scored the second goal? abegie, dont get me started. I like Rafa, but he rants 2 much 4 my liking.

@Sauron
lol! grin grin i love that second pic. fat waiter,
Re: Rafa Benitez Vs Alex Ferguson- The Mind Games Continues! by Sauron1: 7:09pm On Apr 17, 2009
slimghost:

ehen? what about his gesture when Torress scored the second goal? abegie, dont get me started. I like Rafa, but he rants 2 much 4 my liking.

His gesture said. . . . . .GAME OVER.

@Sauron
lol! grin grin i love that second pic. fat waiter,

Wait till u see this one. . . . .
Re: Rafa Benitez Vs Alex Ferguson- The Mind Games Continues! by MrCrackles(m): 7:13pm On Apr 17, 2009
Alex Ferguson is a bland slowpoke!

A bespectacled gay who loves to play silly mind games!!

Both of them should fucking grow up!
Re: Rafa Benitez Vs Alex Ferguson- The Mind Games Continues! by Moonstone(f): 7:16pm On Apr 17, 2009
bgees:

rafa will find this very funny because prior to the blackburn match, big sam alladyce taunted rafa saying: he loves whingering and moaning. rafa had always complained about big sam's dirty style. now big sam gets beaten and the fool still wants some respect. its a shame.

and slur alex is just being a d!ck . i just  hope rafa ignores him.
Oh please! Benitez is messed up in every sense of the word. Every little thing - he starts whining to the press. He needs to be a man, shut up and hopes that Liverpool can still get a trophy this year. He's like a little child begging for attention. The idiot is going to lose his job. . . just watch and see. His stupid arrogance will land him in deep trouble. He needs a padlock on his mouth or sommin. Even Mourinho had more sense than to be this silly.

I need to show my friend this. . . she already hated him before. After this, she'll probably hate the stupid Rafa even more.
Re: Rafa Benitez Vs Alex Ferguson- The Mind Games Continues! by mukina2: 7:23pm On Apr 17, 2009
two crazy people. make persin hear word jare tongue grin

Gum chewing Vs Gestures grin grin

All the pics especially Bgee's own is funny grin

should i post that pic here? tongue grin
Re: Rafa Benitez Vs Alex Ferguson- The Mind Games Continues! by Cristalz(f): 7:29pm On Apr 17, 2009
Rantin' Rafa is the one with issues here, not Ferguson.
Instead of him to go fix his team's problems, which include an unhealthy dependency on the Gerrard/Torres combo, and his inability to recognize that Babel is an asset on that squad, among others.

He totally needs to grow up and re-align his priorities.

@Muki
Nor post any pic jo tongue grin
Re: Rafa Benitez Vs Alex Ferguson- The Mind Games Continues! by mukina2: 7:41pm On Apr 17, 2009
Ok o grin

I wont . .not that i promise not to grin
Re: Rafa Benitez Vs Alex Ferguson- The Mind Games Continues! by Sauron1: 7:44pm On Apr 17, 2009
mukina2:

Ok o grin

I wont . .not that i promise not to grin

If u post any pic here, i will get u banned.
Are u a Liverpool fan, abi wetin be your own??
Re: Rafa Benitez Vs Alex Ferguson- The Mind Games Continues! by tkb417(m): 8:43pm On Apr 17, 2009
Mukina2 is a Arrow!
make she try post pic come see as i go use my backhand for am grin

Rafa is sick in the head so why bother join issues with him
hes going trophyless again so one can understand his aggro

oloshi grin
Re: Rafa Benitez Vs Alex Ferguson- The Mind Games Continues! by Ifedisky(m): 8:13am On Apr 18, 2009
Sir whiskey nose is getting afflicted with alarming senilic dementia! Wetin concern am with Alladice? This sudden love-in don too much. Abi they don dey kpaki?
Re: Rafa Benitez Vs Alex Ferguson- The Mind Games Continues! by tocdee(m): 1:47pm On Apr 18, 2009
Isn't it funny how Fergie seems to love managers who provide no real threat to his league position? As for the Everton remark, what exactly was his business there? Is he campaigning for an election to something? I clearly recall a remark by the great Bill Shankly himself saying that if Everton were playing a match at his back-yard, he'd simply draw his curtains!! smiley The Liverpool/Everton rivalry was on when Fergie was in nappies.
Re: Rafa Benitez Vs Alex Ferguson- The Mind Games Continues! by mukina2: 2:09pm On Apr 18, 2009
TKB
na you the scumtwat cheesy

make una nor tempt me oh! grin
Re: Rafa Benitez Vs Alex Ferguson- The Mind Games Continues! by Sauron1: 2:36pm On Apr 18, 2009
tkb417:

Mukina2 is a[b] Arrow![/b] grin grin grin grin

100% in agreement. cheesy
Re: Rafa Benitez Vs Alex Ferguson- The Mind Games Continues! by tocdee(m): 8:16pm On Apr 18, 2009
Poor Sam!

Re: Rafa Benitez Vs Alex Ferguson- The Mind Games Continues! by FBS: 8:29pm On Apr 18, 2009
thought some people said AF will never rant with Rafa or with any manager for that matter?
Re: Rafa Benitez Vs Alex Ferguson- The Mind Games Continues! by aieromon(m): 8:37pm On Apr 18, 2009
Isnt it funny that the two times rafa has opened his gutter,his team has suffered a dip in form.Inasmuch as i want him to continue running his mouth and team into disarray,i would rather prefer he quits cos he sucks at it.
Clearly,his arms are too short to box with the God.
Re: Rafa Benitez Vs Alex Ferguson- The Mind Games Continues! by tocdee(m): 9:22pm On Apr 18, 2009
aieromon:

Isnt it funny that the two times rafa has opened his gutter,his team has suffered a dip in form.Inasmuch as i want him to continue running his mouth and team into disarray,i would rather prefer he quits cos he sucks at it.
Clearly,his arms are too short to box with the God.

See that phrase in bold fonts above? Its indicative of how silly you really are!
Re: Rafa Benitez Vs Alex Ferguson- The Mind Games Continues! by chidichris(m): 8:35am On Apr 19, 2009
@Sam,
if sam allardyce needs respect, he sld revisit his treatment for okocha after all okocha did for bolton. okocha left without even a fairwell from the bolton fans he made happy. by the way, what is wrong in a man who said it is finished and it finished for real. this goes a long way to show how shameless most of these coaches are. sam shld have done something on the picth to make sure the game did not finish as rafa said rather he choose to bark under the greedy slave master(fergie).

@rafa,
benitez was always shouting if he has money like mourinho. today he is the biggest spender in epl yet nothing to show for it. he has all the players in the world and all the money he needs yet he has no hope. well, the best option will be for him to go get himself a smaller club where much will not be expected of him. he hs no qualities of a big coach in a big club. he wants to talk like the special one when he is not the special one. is winning blackburn his target?
no carling cup, no fa cup, no cpl with epl still available, rafa shld be do something or gets the kick.

@fergie,
he is always mad with a rival. he is a slave master. he hate black players. he bought mikel for 4 million and sold him for 16 million. he bought manucho now and sends him on loan to hull city and that is exactly what he wanted for mikel but God pass him. i can't wait to see him loose at the fa finals to chelsea that is if he wins everton today.
Re: Rafa Benitez Vs Alex Ferguson- The Mind Games Continues! by amarilo: 8:49am On Apr 19, 2009
@fergie,
he is always mad with a rival. he is a slave master. he hate black players. he bought mikel for 4 million and sold him for 16 million. he bought manucho now and sends him on loan to hull city and that is exactly what he wanted for mikel but God pass him. i can't wait to see him loose at the fa finals to chelsea that is if he wins everton today.
From their post we know their age.
What is happening to your Mikel now? "Fergie don't like black players he bought manuch and send him out on loan". The most laughable line since the turn of the century. U berra stick ur ass on OBJ thread than to disgrace yourself in sports section.
Re: Rafa Benitez Vs Alex Ferguson- The Mind Games Continues! by chidichris(m): 7:49pm On Apr 19, 2009
From their post we know their age.
What is happening to your Mikel now? "Fergie don't like black players he bought manuch and send him out on loan". The most laughable line since the turn of the century. U berra stick ur ass on OBJ thread than to disgrace yourself in sports section.

@amarilo,
are u offended with that? it is so unfortunate that i don't care what u think or feel. fergie is a fool if that is what u will like to hear. mikel is doing well for himself and his family. remember ferguson and mikel are both in england to work and make enough money for themselves and their families and that is exactly what they are doing. it might interest u to know that mikel just acquired a new bently whort of N35m evidence of good living.
if u don't like my position on obj, u can try suicide.
everton just won ur woman u so this is my sympathy massage.
Re: Rafa Benitez Vs Alex Ferguson- The Mind Games Continues! by Ifedisky(m): 8:41pm On Apr 19, 2009
@^. I didn't see your description of your beloved Chavki from you. Benitez is fool, Fergie is a tosser. What happens to that joke of a club that changes coaches like diapers? You should describe them too abi?. Not forgetting their Russian despot!!
Re: Rafa Benitez Vs Alex Ferguson- The Mind Games Continues! by tocdee(m): 10:10pm On Apr 19, 2009
Fergie Cracks!!!

Re: Rafa Benitez Vs Alex Ferguson- The Mind Games Continues! by chidichris(m): 7:45am On Apr 20, 2009
@Ifedisky,
u sound like a made in alaba product, are u?
pls see the picture of ur fergie.
this thread is about fergie and rafa(arladyce) and nothing concern chelsea here.
pls do not show ur anger on me. am a chelsea fan and not everton fan. if u lost to everton, why not cry and stop attacking outsiders or are u angry we are going home with the cup?
Re: Rafa Benitez Vs Alex Ferguson- The Mind Games Continues! by amarilo: 8:14am On Apr 20, 2009
@fergie,
U mentioned chelsea on this thread b4 Ifedisky, U sound more daft and made in alaba more than him.

@Ifedisky,
u sound like a made in alaba product, are u?
pls see the picture of ur fergie.
this thread is about fergie and rafa(arladyce) and nothing concern chelsea here.
pls do not show ur anger on me. am a chelsea fan and not everton fan. if u lost to everton, why not cry and stop attacking outsiders or are u angry we are going home with the cup?
Typical alaba and dubai english in bold.
Re: Rafa Benitez Vs Alex Ferguson- The Mind Games Continues! by bgees(m): 6:40pm On Apr 20, 2009
ferguson is becoming senile. i know old people, i'm very familar with them so i'm sure about this. he needs to retire as soon as possible.
Re: Rafa Benitez Vs Alex Ferguson- The Mind Games Continues! by Sauron1: 6:46pm On Apr 20, 2009
bgees:

ferguson is becoming senile. i know old people, i'm very familar with them so i'm sure about this. he needs to retire as soon as possible.

Benitez is the one going senile.
He has now turned Liverpool into TROPHYLESS lots.
Liverpool are now out in 3 of the 4 club competitions in England and might suffer a heartbreak tomorrow in the hands of Arsene Wenger.
Gloomy days ahead. grin grin
Re: Rafa Benitez Vs Alex Ferguson- The Mind Games Continues! by tocdee(m): 9:24pm On Apr 20, 2009
~Sauron~:

Benitez is the one going senile.
He has now turned Liverpool into TROPHYLESS lots.
Liverpool are now out in 3 of the 4 club competitions in England and might suffer a heartbreak tomorrow in the hands of Arsene Wenger.
Gloomy days ahead. grin grin

So how does the possibility of going 'trophyless' make a manager senile? Eh? So we can assume by your premises that 19 managers in the EPL are going senile. tongue

I'll go further; you haven't won a trophy this season so that makes you . . .

(1) (2) (Reply)

La Liga Followers: Discuss The Current Season Here / Top 15 Most Hansome Footballers In The World? (photos) / Fulham Vs Arsenal (0 - 1) On 20th April 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.