Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,697 members, 7,809,637 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

Crashed Aircraft Was 23 Years Old - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crashed Aircraft Was 23 Years Old (13893 Views)

The Border Patrol Aircraft Of The Nigeria Customs Service (photos) / Yuguda, Abubakar, Gidado In Missing Aircraft As It Lands In Nigeria (Photo) / Crashed Aircraft 'Black-Box' To Be Analysed In Nigeria – AIB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crashed Aircraft Was 23 Years Old by Gudnews1(m): 9:02am On Oct 06, 2013
Talking abt a road accident, over 20 million nigerians travel by road. How many pple do u think fly on air? Check d percentage of d number of ppl dat travel by road nd d numba dat have accident, u'll see it's quite safer to go by road if u compare it wit the percentage of d few ppl dat travel on air nd the number amngst dem dat have crashd in nigeria ova d past 5 yrs or a bit more! A plane crash is suposed to b recorded at least once in 10yrs, not evry yr 4christ sake! As 4 d 23yr old plane, it requires either dumping, or evryday thorough servicing b4 takeoff!
Re: Crashed Aircraft Was 23 Years Old by wy2000(m): 2:43pm On Oct 06, 2013
Atouke:

there is every thing wrong with a 23yrs old aircraft. If you drive you know that even after 10ys a car feels different no matter how you maintain it.

It may still drive but it will require more maintenance and will breakdown more frequently.

not to talk of a 23yrs old airplane.

If you dont knw about something, ask questions. There is nothing wrong with a 23 yr old plane. I hope the CNN article will answer that

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/02/01/planes.age.dreamliner/index.html
Re: Crashed Aircraft Was 23 Years Old by Atouke: 3:45pm On Oct 06, 2013
wy2000:

If you dont knw about something, ask questions. There is nothing wrong with a 23 yr old plane. I hope the CNN article will answer that

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/02/01/planes.age.dreamliner/index.html

reading and comprehension are too different things next time dont just read articles try to comprehend it. now a few excerpts from your article:........" The average age of the fleet of the seven large U.S. passenger airlines -- including American, Alaska, Continental, the merged Delta and Northwest, Southwest, United and US Airways -- is about 14 years old, according to The Airline Monitor.
It found American and Delta/Northwest had the oldest fleets, at about 16 years on average"

.....' "I'm not really sure that people should read that much into that," Aboulafia said. "From a safety standpoint, a lot of the older planes were built tougher and with proper maintenance, there's no reason why a plane can't stay safe for 25 to 30 years."
The U.S. and most of the developed world have superb standards and maintenance regulations, the result of decades of experience that have made the system incredibly safe, Aboulafia said....."

go and read the bolded again and draw contrast with Nigerian airlines because a plane can last b/w 25 to 30 yrs is conditional on proper maintenance culture which is lacking in nigeria.

do you know the average age of associated airline airplanes? and what do you know about the maintenance history of the plane? even if they did maintain it regularly and on schedule which is doubtful, did they accquire the plane brand new? ans no the bought it used which brings to question how the previous owners maintained the plane and how many yrs its been in storage/inactive in its 23yrs.

only fools like you with a quasi knowledge of airplanes will advocate the use of a 23yrs old airplane which requires more than normal routine maintenance based on its age, in a country with no maintenance culture,,facilityand expertise.
Re: Crashed Aircraft Was 23 Years Old by manny4life(m): 3:50pm On Oct 06, 2013
airmark:

Did you read my comment in its entirety? If you want a job in Qatar airways i can help you, stop being b1tchy dude.

I read it over again, you're saying the same thing... What changed?

Anyway, I'm not bittchy, I asked you a question and if you can't answer the question I asked... Sorry I can't help you.
Re: Crashed Aircraft Was 23 Years Old by airmark(m): 2:36am On Oct 08, 2013
manny4life:

I read it over again, you're saying the same thing... What changed?

Anyway, I'm not bittchy, I asked you a question and if you can't answer the question I asked... Sorry I can't help you.

Help yourself dude, there are reasons the former owner sold the aircraft to Nigeria, safety inclusive. Don't be deceived by aeroplane manufacturers. Don't just work on theoretical lessons you swallowed in school. Research more.
Re: Crashed Aircraft Was 23 Years Old by wy2000(m): 1:49pm On Oct 09, 2013
Atouke:

reading and comprehension are too different things next time dont just read articles try to comprehend it. now a few excerpts from your article:........" The average age of the fleet of the seven large U.S. passenger airlines -- including American, Alaska, Continental, the merged Delta and Northwest, Southwest, United and US Airways -- is about 14 years old, according to The Airline Monitor.
It found American and Delta/Northwest had the oldest fleets, at about 16 years on average"

.....' "I'm not really sure that people should read that much into that," Aboulafia said. "From a safety standpoint, a lot of the older planes were built tougher and with proper maintenance, there's no reason why a plane can't stay safe for 25 to 30 years."
The U.S. and most of the developed world have superb standards and maintenance regulations, the result of decades of experience that have made the system incredibly safe, Aboulafia said....."

go and read the bolded again and draw contrast with Nigerian airlines because a plane can last b/w 25 to 30 yrs is conditional on proper maintenance culture which is lacking in nigeria.

do you know the average age of associated airline airplanes? and what do you know about the maintenance history of the plane? even if they did maintain it regularly and on schedule which is doubtful, did they accquire the plane brand new? ans no the bought it used which brings to question how the previous owners maintained the plane and how many yrs its been in storage/inactive in its 23yrs.

only fools like you with a quasi knowledge of airplanes will advocate the use of a 23yrs old airplane which requires more than normal routine maintenance based on its age, in a country with no maintenance culture,,facilityand expertise.

I can see you have diagnosed yourself.. lack of COMPREHENSION #noddingslowly

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku, Ayu Criticised For Shunning Ekiti PDP Campaign / 36 Speakers And Their Deputies Meet In Enugu / Suspension Of Twitter: SERAP To Sue Buhari's Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.