Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,574 members, 7,865,387 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 05:04 PM

PHOTOS: Shocking State Of Nigerian Universities - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / PHOTOS: Shocking State Of Nigerian Universities (2486 Views)

Top 10 Nigerian Universities With The Most Beautiful Girls See Which Is Numba-1 / Top 10 Nigerian Universities With The Most Prestigious Alumni / Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTOS: Shocking State Of Nigerian Universities by Omen100(m): 7:15pm On Oct 04, 2013
mankand: But this problem is not from Jonathan now? It should be traced back to all our leaders who turned deaf ears and send their children to study in universities abroad.

I believe the only way to clean Nigeria is for everyone to take off religion and tribalism. Let us see ourselves beyond borders.

The decay in Nigeria is too much that even Jonathan is confused on how to get them fixed.

Nigeria still have a very long way to go

LIKE YOU HAVE RIGHTLY SAID, THE PROBLEM SHOULD BE TRACED TO OUR LEADERS WHICH PRESIDENT JONATHAN IS PART OFF & IF ONLY, HE HAD SINCE STARTED THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE 2009 AGREEMENT REACHED WITH ASUU, WE WOULD HAVE STARTED SEEING CHANGES. SO, NIGERIANS SHOULD HOLD THEIR LEADERS ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEIR ACTIONS/INACTION'S.
Re: PHOTOS: Shocking State Of Nigerian Universities by lobell: 7:15pm On Oct 04, 2013
peleson: I bet whoever has put up these pictures, unilag is never and can never ever ever ever be like this. Uniport too.
Unilag fresh walahi.
Don't blame the FG, blame the lecturers and university administrators that collect allocation and WOM into their deep pocket and keep looking for more and more from FG n keep blaming FG. Rubbish!
Blame ur VCs more! !

https://www.nairaland.com/1464655/luth-medical-school-female-hostel
Re: PHOTOS: Shocking State Of Nigerian Universities by iterator25: 7:21pm On Oct 04, 2013
End time is here in this thread, I can sense it lipsrsealed
Re: PHOTOS: Shocking State Of Nigerian Universities by Omen100(m): 7:23pm On Oct 04, 2013
Controversy: Must we criticize FG government for everything? VC and school authority what are they doing with billions they are collecting as allocation?
What about school fees? Blaming GEJ for not sweeping your house.
And some mentally challenged governors like Rochas are still propagating their free education on dirty and smelly school, why not collect a token from students and build a standard place for them

YES BRO, WE MUST HIT THEM VERY HARD BECAUSE FG CONTROL'S NEARLY ALL STATE AGENCIES(INCLUDING EFCC, WHICH IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FIGHT AGAINST FINANCIAL CRIMES WHICH IS SOLE REASON WHY THE NEARLY ALL STATE INSTITUTIONS ARE IN A SORRY CIRCUMSTANCES.
Re: PHOTOS: Shocking State Of Nigerian Universities by donphilopus: 7:25pm On Oct 04, 2013
Abu Mikey: shockedshockedshockedshockedshocked

Ambrose Alli University na London campus oo shockedshockedshocked

But,the Uniben I know does not look like theis oo undecided
the Great Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma...
Best state university in Nigeria
Re: PHOTOS: Shocking State Of Nigerian Universities by Omen100(m): 7:28pm On Oct 04, 2013
peleson: I bet whoever has put up these pictures, unilag is never and can never ever ever ever be like this. Uniport too.
Unilag fresh walahi.
Don't blame the FG, blame the lecturers and university administrators that collect allocation and WOM into their deep pocket and keep looking for more and more from FG n keep blaming FG. Rubbish!
Blame ur VCs more!

WE SHOULD ALSO BLAMED THE LECTURERS FOR THE DEPILATED STATE OF THE NIGERIAN POLICE COLLEGE BEFORE IT WAS REHABILITATED BY THE PRESIDENT.

AND FOR THOSE OF YOU, WHO ARE SAYING THAT WE SHOULD CHANNELED THE BLAMES TO INDIVIDUAL ENTITIES, IF YOU DON'T KNOW, YOU BETTER KNOW THAT MOST STATE UNIVERSITIES ARE FAR WELL INFRASTRUCTURAL EQUIP THAN THE ALMIGHTY FEDERAL UNIVERSITIES, THEY ARE ONLY LIVING ON THE FORMER GLORY.
Re: PHOTOS: Shocking State Of Nigerian Universities by taharqa: 7:37pm On Oct 04, 2013
Any person who does not see/acknowledge d significant improvements in certain Infrastructure in our Universities in d last few years, esp from TETFUND (ETF), is sick in d head, ignorant or just a liar. The UNIBEN I graduated just a few years ago is not d same UNIBEN I saw when I visited this year.... The Infrastructure obviously needs much more improvements, but to denial some changes is wicked. Posting of selected, undated Pics wud not change that

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Shocking State Of Nigerian Universities by seanet02: 7:48pm On Oct 04, 2013
taharqa: Any person who does not see/acknowledge d significant improvements in certain Infrastructure in our Universities in d last few years, esp from TETFUND (ETF), is sick in d head, ignorant or just a liar. The UNIBEN I graduated just a few years ago is not d same UNIBEN I saw when I visited this year.... The Infrastructure obviously needs much more improvements, but to denial some changes is wicked. Posting of selected, undated Pics wud not change that
Shut ya mouth.
Hypocrite

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Shocking State Of Nigerian Universities by atlwireles: 8:03pm On Oct 04, 2013
The pictures, we see today are the results of too much centralization. Why is the federal government in the university business The University system in this country spends hundred of billions yearly at the federal level on salaries and allowances. Universities generate billions from fees and miscellaneous cost. Ask their VCs and Senates why their schools look like war zones or refugee camps undecided Keep waiting for Abuja to solve your problems.
Re: PHOTOS: Shocking State Of Nigerian Universities by Rossikk(m): 8:04pm On Oct 04, 2013
Those pics, where authentic and up to date - have more to do with the corruption of the related university authorities, than any federal govt wrongdoing. If you want to tell me that a federal university does not get enough 'allocation' to keep its toilets clean or buy basic equipment for its lab under this Jonathan administration, or even under Yar'adua and OBJ, I'll tell you you are a born ignoramus. Go and check how much each of these institutions receive per year and tell me if you cannot maintain toilet with that amount. Nonsense rubbish. Abegi! Maybe ASUU are waiting for their 3 trillion naira ($7 billion) before they can have clean toilets. Idiotsss.
Re: PHOTOS: Shocking State Of Nigerian Universities by Omen100(m): 8:04pm On Oct 04, 2013
atlwireles: The pictures, we see today are the results of too much centralization. Why is the federal government in the university business The University system in this country spends hundred of billions yearly at the federal level on salaries and allowances. Universities generate billions from fees and miscellaneous cost. Ask their VCs and Senates why their schools look like war zones or refugee camps undecided Keep waiting for Abuja to solve your problems.

ABUJA IS THE MOTHER
Re: PHOTOS: Shocking State Of Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 04, 2013
Please what is the cost of the official cars of VCs, Deans and HoDs of these schools? Why can't they make sacrifices to fix some of these dilapidated infrastructures? Why are they treating Nigerian students like animals? That Uni-Jos toilet if true, is a pointer to the failure of the University admin. Is the Uni-Jos school administrators trying to tell us that they have never received a dime from the govt as to why that toilet looks that way?
If I were the President, I' d ask EFCC to move in and take a look at the books of these schools. Why cut your nose to spite your face? Why don't they show us how lecturer's homes look?
ASUU should wise up. I have a feeling ASUU and the G7 governors are going to help the President win the 2015 elections. Their efforts to make this govt look bad will later backfire in their faces and show them for the real enemies of Nigeria that they are. Nigerians of 2013 are not Nigerians of 1978.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Shocking State Of Nigerian Universities by Omen100(m): 8:08pm On Oct 04, 2013
Rossikk: Those pics, where authentic and up to date - have more to do with the corruption of the related university authorities, than any federal govt wrongdoing. If you want to tell me that a federal university does not get enough 'allocation' to keep its toilets clean or buy basic equipment for its lab under this Jonathan administration, I'll tell you you are a born ignoramus. Go and check how much each of these institutions receive per year and tell me if you cannot maintain toilet with that amount. Rubbish.

ITS THE DUTY OF THE FEDERAL/JONATHAN'S LEAD GOVT TO FIGHT AGAINST CORRUPTIONS AND NOT TO CONDOLED IT BECAUSE OF 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION.
Re: PHOTOS: Shocking State Of Nigerian Universities by peleson: 8:18pm On Oct 04, 2013
lobell:

https://www.nairaland.com/1464655/luth-medical-school-female-hostel
I repeat, go n check, idi araba is not in unilag. It is at luth, a hospital managed by the hospital board. A lot of things are neglected in that place. A hospital where doctors come to work once a week. After checking the rounds, u can't see them till next week leaving other things for student doctors to do. Ofcos they v their private clinics to run. Blaming government. What happens to the allocation they get every year?
Re: PHOTOS: Shocking State Of Nigerian Universities by awodman: 8:19pm On Oct 04, 2013
I am a member of the FUTO community and those pics posted is actually the true reflection of some of the facilities in the school
1) The queuing up for water is normal cos the main source of water supply in the school are the hand-pumps better known as Man-power
2) The lecture theatre shown is actually supposed to be an engineering workshop but was converted to a lecture cos of lack of lecture halls
3) the mechanical workshop is what it is..an eyesore

However,in the last two years via the effort of TETFUND many new facilties have been springing up in the school..
1) The engineering workshop has been expanded..the both of them...but not yet furnished
2)the hostel abandoned by NDDC since 2004 has been completed
3)An new engineering complex with lecture halls, labs and offices is been constructed and is almost at completion stages
And many other projects going on and some completed

So my point..this things exist but effort is been made to correct them

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Shocking State Of Nigerian Universities by peleson: 8:21pm On Oct 04, 2013
[quote author=utumunta]Please what is the cost of the official cars of VCs, Deans and HoDs of these schools? Why can't they make sacrifices to fix some of these dilapidated infrastructures? Why are they treating Nigerian students like animals? That Uni-Jos toilet if true, is a pointer to the failure of the University admin. Is the Uni-Jos school administrators trying to tell us that they have never received a dime from the govt as to why that toilet looks that way?
If I were the President, I' d ask EFCC to move in and take a look at the books of these schools. Why cut your nose to spite your face? Why don't they show us how lecturer's homes look?
ASUU should wise up. I have a feeling ASUU and the G7 governors are going to help the President win the 2015 elections. Their efforts to make this govt look bad will later backfire in their faces and show them for the real enemies of Nigeria that they are. Nigerians of 2013 are not Nigerians of 1978.
[/quote
Correct. ]
Re: PHOTOS: Shocking State Of Nigerian Universities by DerideGull(m): 8:25pm On Oct 04, 2013
I am shocked to notice few posters expressed surprise at the state of things in Nigerian universities. One wonders what they expect out of a jungle called Nigeria.
Re: PHOTOS: Shocking State Of Nigerian Universities by awodman: 8:26pm On Oct 04, 2013
Omen100:

WE SHOULD ALSO BLAMED THE LECTURERS FOR THE DEPILATED STATE OF THE NIGERIAN POLICE COLLEGE BEFORE IT WAS REHABILITATED BY THE PRESIDENT.

AND FOR THOSE OF YOU, WHO ARE SAYING THAT WE SHOULD CHANNELED THE BLAMES TO INDIVIDUAL ENTITIES, IF YOU DON'T KNOW, YOU BETTER KNOW THAT MOST STATE UNIVERSITIES ARE FAR WELL INFRASTRUCTURAL EQUIP THAN THE ALMIGHTY FEDERAL UNIVERSITIES, THEY ARE ONLY LIVING ON THE FORMER GLORY.
Last I checked IMSU was shown in the pics and IMSU is a state university in a state governed by the amiable Owelle Rochas Okorocha
Re: PHOTOS: Shocking State Of Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 04, 2013
No wonder we act like animals. Only animals thrive in such. Thank God for the great escape. Baba God I thank you.
Re: PHOTOS: Shocking State Of Nigerian Universities by solomon111(m): 8:33pm On Oct 04, 2013
stillwater: No wonder we act like animals. Only animals thrive in such. Thank God for the great escape. Baba God I thank you.
oh pls shut up about this "great escape" you keep yapping about.
Are you the first to travel out?
Re: PHOTOS: Shocking State Of Nigerian Universities by delvinmaya(m): 8:50pm On Oct 04, 2013
some people really ought to criticize appropriately, instead of talking like they never had an education. Blaming Jonathan is just an easy way out, cos you just feel he is responsible for all the woes in the country. i believe the VCs are supposed to run the school with allocations from the fg every year. Might not be much,but the little they get, what have they done with it
i gained admission into unilorin in 2007 and stayed in the hostel, i never for once went into the bush while i stayed in the hostel. Everything was not just clean but maintained. Infact the gals hostel and PG hostels were described as heaven to us. When i stopped residing in the hostel, the innovations introduced almost made me want to go back. From 2007 till i graduated, lecture halls, hostels, and a theatre for the performings arts were built, roads were also constructed, so so many things, all under Oloyede, and Unilorin is a federal school, so i wonder why these things (rot n decay) were not noticed by me, and trust me, i walked the whole length of that school. cant emember the faculty constructed that its students didnt want other students to enter the place. So for me, i see this as a smear campaign, cos unilorin receives allocation from the fg, same as other federal universities
Re: PHOTOS: Shocking State Of Nigerian Universities by armyofone(m): 9:01pm On Oct 04, 2013
Now I gotta stop complaining about missing meals with my 14 meal plans grin

Jesus!!!! shocked shocked wow!! I can only say 'my goodness' shocked

Pataki: My God! Why all these upon this country?!

Jonathan is busy repainting airports, while air coffins are flying all over Nigerian airspace.

The education sector is an eyesore. And this same Jonathan calls himself a former lecturer?!

Please you guys should continue posting pictures, they need the exposure. Maybe somewhere someday someone will do something about it.
The media is powerful. You guys stay strong.
Re: PHOTOS: Shocking State Of Nigerian Universities by taharqa: 9:28pm On Oct 04, 2013
awodman: I am a member of the FUTO community and those pics posted is actually the true reflection of some of the facilities in the school
1) The queuing up for water is normal cos the main source of water supply in the school are the hand-pumps better known as Man-power
2) The lecture theatre shown is actually supposed to be an engineering workshop but was converted to a lecture cos of lack of lecture halls
3) the mechanical workshop is what it is..an eyesore

However,in the last two years via the effort of TETFUND many new facilties have been springing up in the school..
1) The engineering workshop has been expanded..the both of them...but not yet furnished
2)the hostel abandoned by NDDC since 2004 has been completed
3)An new engineering complex with lecture halls, labs and offices is been constructed and is almost at completion stages
And many other projects going on and some completed
So my point..this things exist but effort is been made to correct them
If not that it is damn hard to get ready info from Govt cos those people in Govt who are suppossed to be in charge of info gathering don't know their left from their right, I wud have posted Pics/Videos on d very significant work done by TETFUND in many Universities. But I hope to do so one of these days..
Re: PHOTOS: Shocking State Of Nigerian Universities by lobell: 9:30pm On Oct 04, 2013
The truth I'm trying to bring out is that we have a very long way to go. A lot of infrastructure is being put in place in many universities but the pace has to be maintained and reviewed regularly, without fail which is what ASUU is fighting for (400billion p.a. for infrastructure and equipment) and reviews (upward hopefully) after every 3/4 years. In my school, HOD's have to borrow money to run labs (chemistry) because the money is not released at the beginning of term to start work sometimes the first semesters' monies don't come in till midway into the second...meanwhile the lab fees have been paid by the students. Monies for capital projects come latest end of 1st quarter but projects are not executed till end of the year because they(management) have to retire the monies or face a reduction in next years allocation...so they fix the monies in banks and it 'lays eggs' for them till end of year and then hurriedly award one contract or the other to use up the monies after FG has reminded them that they haven't retired the monies in preparation for next years budget.
On the one that concerns their pockets (lecturers) their is an ideal student:teacher ratio (25:1 I think for social sciences and 20:1 for sciences)that should not be exceeded. Teaching excess students(2 - 3.5k per hour), manning exam office(150k p.a.), PG supervision(15-25k per student), External examiner(80k Masters 100PhD), responsibility allowance (Registrar 750k, Bursar 750k, Director 500k/p.a
) study grants (MSc 350k, PhD 500k/p.a. for 2 and 3 years respectively) etc translate to excess workload (earned allowances) which have accrued since 2009 to 97billion as at 2012. So it is actually more than that if you factor in 2013 and will continue cos the Universities will always admit more than they can cater for...
TO BE CONTINUED grin
By the way the 2009 agreement was a renegotiation of a previous agreement in 2001
Re: PHOTOS: Shocking State Of Nigerian Universities by Standing5(m): 9:50pm On Oct 04, 2013
Yet they say an average of N150,000 is spent on each Fed. Uni student every year.
Re: PHOTOS: Shocking State Of Nigerian Universities by Kanwulia: 9:56pm On Oct 04, 2013
Na ya own you dey tok o!
Na for dia Dangote and Otedola go school to make ZILLIONS! grin

My Che Che Che Che
Re: PHOTOS: Shocking State Of Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 10:03pm On Oct 04, 2013
solomon111: oh pls shut up about this "great escape" you keep yapping about.
Are you the first to travel out?

No you shut up!
You'd better run out too so you would know that you are a human being and not a beastly creature. Ode!
Re: PHOTOS: Shocking State Of Nigerian Universities by Pataki: 11:39pm On Oct 04, 2013
Controversy:
If yuo shit finish come out and blame GEJ for not cleaning your smelly a*s
Have ask your self what are VC doing with millions they are collecting from either FG or State govt
Without mincing words, you are daft!

So Federal and state VCs who clearly are corrupt are still allowed to receive Federal allocation and do nothing with it? Little wonder you are cursed with a kindergarten clueless president. Or you think the President does not have a say in the appointment of a federal VC?

Same old foolish tactics you ediots continue to ply. Absolve the president from the decay and eyesore the so-called universities in Nigeria are.
Re: PHOTOS: Shocking State Of Nigerian Universities by Pataki: 11:42pm On Oct 04, 2013
stillwater:

No you shut up!
You'd better run out too so you would know that you are a human being and not a beastly creature. Ode!
UPPERCUT! cheesy

armyofone: Now I gotta stop complaining about missing meals with my 14 meal plans grin

Please you guys should continue posting pictures, they need the exposure. Maybe somewhere someday someone will do something about it.
Absolute shocker I tell you. We shall continue to be vocal about all these decay Nigeria has sunk into under the PDP administration.
Re: PHOTOS: Shocking State Of Nigerian Universities by LajaLaba: 11:59pm On Oct 04, 2013
armyofone: Now I gotta stop complaining about missing meals with my 14 meal plans grin

who is this one?
Re: PHOTOS: Shocking State Of Nigerian Universities by OAM4J: 1:09am On Oct 05, 2013

(1) (2)

Interesting Facts In Mathematics / LAUTECH 2014/2015 Predegree Result Is Out !!! / Ican Enugu Edge Tuition Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.