Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,761 members, 7,820,650 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Student Arrested For Hacking Jamb, Neco, Sss, Nscdc Websites. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Student Arrested For Hacking Jamb, Neco, Sss, Nscdc Websites. (34663 Views)

UNILAG Students Arrested For Attempting To Resurrect Colleague..see Pictures / ASUU Strike: NSCDC Begins 7-day Fasting, Prayers / Jamb & Neco Biometric Fingerprint Scanner U Are U4500 Digitalpersona For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Student Arrested For Hacking Jamb, Neco, Sss, Nscdc Websites. by confusion247(m): 9:45pm On Oct 05, 2013
Scun: Yoruba man - dem say na talent and intelligence
Igbo man - dem say na thief
That's the real meaning of One Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Student Arrested For Hacking Jamb, Neco, Sss, Nscdc Websites. by dheaven: 9:48pm On Oct 05, 2013
He only copies the page source and use it for cloning. He is not a real hacker if not he would av made money that he would av used in hiring ten lawyers and he wouldnt av slept in the cell.
Re: Student Arrested For Hacking Jamb, Neco, Sss, Nscdc Websites. by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 05, 2013
what is the website of the nsdc grin grin grin

what is the website grin grin grin
Re: Student Arrested For Hacking Jamb, Neco, Sss, Nscdc Websites. by chessguru1(m): 9:57pm On Oct 05, 2013
tellwisdom: Foolish people. He didn't hack into all these aforementioned sites. What for? Na bank??
I J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ tire o! The one that caught me baffled is the jamb own!
Like seriously! Are they telling me jamb questions and answers are on files located on jambs website?
I can understand a pro hacking into jambs mainframe in their base office, but to get exam questions by hacking a common html or php website doesn't make sense.
They say he confessed. Was that after they beat green and blue from his body (sorry but I tend to doubt all manner of confessions gotten by our security agencies from suspects.... where the only way to stop the beating is to say yes).
On the flip side, its ridiculously easy to clone most websites, so its still very possible he did what they say he confessed to.
Anyways goodluck to the fellow

1 Like

Re: Student Arrested For Hacking Jamb, Neco, Sss, Nscdc Websites. by Nobody: 9:59pm On Oct 05, 2013
He should be penalized accordingly.
Re: Student Arrested For Hacking Jamb, Neco, Sss, Nscdc Websites. by JuanDeDios: 10:04pm On Oct 05, 2013
pro01: I am very proud of Lukman. He should be offered employment by the government immediately, in a suitable capacity where his ICT expertise would be used for the greater good, deservedly so.

I am certain that if he had applied for employment in the ICT department of any government agency - including the NSCDC, he would have stood no chance at all. Instead, some incompetent buffoons hiding under the obnoxious cloak of 'connection', 'federal character', or worst of all, so-called "favour" would have been employed ahead of him - even when they cannot locate the power button on a computer. That explains why Nigeria finds itself in an inextricable mess.

I have to say it again that I am proud of Lukman. If the NSCDC would not employ him immediately, then his arrest is regrettable.
(1) You do it (2) You get caught (3) You go to jail.

If he did what they are saying he did, he should be prosecuted and jailed. Impunity made our country the shit hole it is today. If he could not get employment there are other ways he could have set up himself. I still can't get over that picture of Daniel Ohikhena and Oshiomhole smiling moronically in the front of newspapers, even though that was understandable as it was kid involved.
Re: Student Arrested For Hacking Jamb, Neco, Sss, Nscdc Websites. by chessguru1(m): 10:05pm On Oct 05, 2013
ARES:

My brother i tire for this level of ignorance. How can u hve access to jamb questions from their website...
Precisely my point. The stuff about the guy getting jamb questions online was a BLATTANT LIE!! Its not possible and makes no sense whatsoever!
And if they can lie on that, it throws doubt on everything they claim to have as a confession
*boston legal, ally macbeal, et al.... dam I should have been a lawyer*
tongue

1 Like

Re: Student Arrested For Hacking Jamb, Neco, Sss, Nscdc Websites. by centrex: 10:23pm On Oct 05, 2013
To the best of my knowlege i tink NSCDC is just blowing up an empty noise, there is differnce btw cloning a website to defrud people and actually gaining a root access to a webserver, if the dude actually break through a webserver of security agency as claim by nsdc, they should details us the crime investigation procedure. cracking a hacker cell has procedure r such as intel gathering, physical survellance, forensic and co-operating
Re: Student Arrested For Hacking Jamb, Neco, Sss, Nscdc Websites. by Noneroone(m): 10:26pm On Oct 05, 2013
Did channels tv hack into NSCDC website to access the historic interview. Well they put up a nice drama to justify their pay. *clapping*
Re: Student Arrested For Hacking Jamb, Neco, Sss, Nscdc Websites. by Stvkmicheal(m): 10:29pm On Oct 05, 2013
chess guru:
Precisely my point. The stuff about the guy getting jamb questions online was a BLATTANT LIE!! Its not possible and makes no sense whatsoever!
And if they can lie on that, it throws doubt on everything they claim to have as a confession
*boston legal, ally macbeal, et al.... dam I should have been a lawyer*
tongue
bro. I guess they were referring to the jamb CBT exam.
Re: Student Arrested For Hacking Jamb, Neco, Sss, Nscdc Websites. by centrex: 10:30pm On Oct 05, 2013
@ ARES if the questions are stored online, i mean @ their database base which i suppose is online, i guarante you that there is 100 % assurance of getting dos detail is just the matter of sporting the vulnerabilities on the webserver and taking advantage of it in exploiting the entire system
Re: Student Arrested For Hacking Jamb, Neco, Sss, Nscdc Websites. by chessguru1(m): 10:32pm On Oct 05, 2013
Stvkmicheal: bro. I guess they were referring to the jamb CBT exam.
don't think so. Won't be able to break into that that stuff if he were J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ a mere website designer. But I stand to be corrected tho............
Ehhh am a bit far from current embarassed but has the jamb CBT exam format actually commenced? I thought it was suppose to be this next year they would fully start
Re: Student Arrested For Hacking Jamb, Neco, Sss, Nscdc Websites. by Nobody: 10:39pm On Oct 05, 2013
Plz i need this guy to teach me how to hack, cox currently am planning on hacking and changing that tagline "poice is Ur freind" 2 "poice is Ur Worst! destroyer"
Re: Student Arrested For Hacking Jamb, Neco, Sss, Nscdc Websites. by Toshibasexy(m): 10:48pm On Oct 05, 2013
Guys go and contribute to this topic https://www.nairaland.com/1463455/isnt-amazing#18605360 cos it's kinda hot in there
Re: Student Arrested For Hacking Jamb, Neco, Sss, Nscdc Websites. by khadaffi(m): 11:30pm On Oct 05, 2013
chess guru:
I J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ tire o! The one that caught me baffled is the jamb own!
Like seriously! Are they telling me jamb questions and answers are on files located on jambs website?
I can understand a pro hacking into jambs mainframe in their base office, but to get exam questions by hacking a common html or php website doesn't make sense.
They say he confessed. Was that after they beat green and blue from his body (sorry but I tend to doubt all manner of confessions gotten by our security agencies from suspects.... where the only way to stop the beating is to say yes).
On the flip side, its ridiculously easy to clone most websites, so its still very possible he did what they say he confessed to.
Anyways goodluck to the fellow

Most of what you said are what I wanted to write. Anyone that believes the crime they claim he commited is a fool. Has he even been tried in the court? Most of those accusations are lies. I can see it from here. Smh at the saying that jamb stores questions and answers on the net.
Re: Student Arrested For Hacking Jamb, Neco, Sss, Nscdc Websites. by okunboy: 11:30pm On Oct 05, 2013
Akinmail: lies LIES LIES LIES
Expert in web design? Hacker my foot. What he does is just to clone the websites of these various bodies i.e develop something similar with similar url
for example, i can create a website lie www.jambnow.com which is obviously fake but would still get gullible visitors and some money would be make.
#long story. The guy is a broke guy that does online IMPERSONATION.
I tot everybody is gullible on nairaland until I read your post!
Re: Student Arrested For Hacking Jamb, Neco, Sss, Nscdc Websites. by Urine: 11:34pm On Oct 05, 2013
Expert in web design? Hacker my foot. What he does is just to clone the websites of these various bodies i.e develop something similar with similar url
for example, i can create a website lie www.jambnow.com which is obviously fake but would still get gullible visitors and some money would be make.

God bless you, even oga at the top is ignorant.
Re: Student Arrested For Hacking Jamb, Neco, Sss, Nscdc Websites. by solomon111(m): 11:36pm On Oct 05, 2013
Dumb thread.
A criminal cloning govt websites should be given a pat on the back?
I am not surprised.
Perpetration of all kinds of internet fraud is the pecuilar hobby of a certain region in Nigeria.
Re: Student Arrested For Hacking Jamb, Neco, Sss, Nscdc Websites. by sCun: 12:09am On Oct 06, 2013
solomon111: Dumb thread.
A criminal cloning govt websites should be given a pat on the back?
I am not surprised.
Perpetration of all kinds of internet fraud is the pecuilar hobby of a certain region in Nigeria.
Simply because he isn't Igbo. The hypocrisy
Re: Student Arrested For Hacking Jamb, Neco, Sss, Nscdc Websites. by eluquenson(m): 12:15am On Oct 06, 2013
Naija get talent cheesy
Re: Student Arrested For Hacking Jamb, Neco, Sss, Nscdc Websites. by real28: 12:29am On Oct 06, 2013
no college of education in ilaro.........
Re: Student Arrested For Hacking Jamb, Neco, Sss, Nscdc Websites. by DharkPoet(m): 12:47am On Oct 06, 2013
Djtm: Ignorance, so a web designer hacks websites? I.T ignorance at it's peak. See the way the news was compiled sef.

Seriously, I thought I was the only one who saw the poor manner in which the article was rendered, even the suspect's reply of why he misuses his 'hacking' talent, that goes thus “it is ignorance. I have a talent and I know how to design website.” is really appalling and sounds preposterous. Real hackers would never give you such replies. The officials probably apprehended a script-kiddie. Hackers don suffer big time.

If you believe this news, then you should also believe I'm typing this from the Oval Office. smiley
Re: Student Arrested For Hacking Jamb, Neco, Sss, Nscdc Websites. by hammedkola(m): 2:51am On Oct 06, 2013
I doubt this story...too much tautology, and by the way, how tangible is this?...how come he was arrested in Osun state where there is no CCTV around to track his movement.

Well on the other side, lucky him, he is now an hero instrument to them.
Re: Student Arrested For Hacking Jamb, Neco, Sss, Nscdc Websites. by smithjanetstore: 2:52am On Oct 06, 2013
washere omo aye na our money, na our father money carry go joor na that yeye FG i won make u hack

Tualeeeeee
Re: Student Arrested For Hacking Jamb, Neco, Sss, Nscdc Websites. by hammedkola(m): 3:20am On Oct 06, 2013
walescounis: A 23-year-old graduate of College of Education, Ilaro, Ogun State, who has been on wanted list of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), for notoriety on hacking into websites of government agencies and sale of fake recruitment forms has been arrested.

Did he printed the form out and sold it to job-seekers personally/physically? OR what do you mean exactly by this?

The suspect, who simply gave his name as Adeniji Lukman, from Osun State, was paraded in Abuja, on Monday, before newsmen by the Commandant-General of NSCDC, Dr Ade Abolurin.

Lukman confessed to have committed the cyber crime of hacking into websites of government agencies, including security agencies and selling of fake recruitment forms to unsuspecting job seekers.

Confessed just like that, not that he was even caught where he was selling the form or any victim reported him.... cheesy

He told newsmen that he was an expert in website design and had been using that advantage to defraud many Nigerians.

Answering the question on why he chose cyber crime with his talent, the suspect said, “it is ignorance. I have a talent and I know how to design website.”

How many website has designed so far?...
Being "talented is different from being expert" (Take Messi & Ronaldo for example)

Dr Abolurin disclosed that the suspect had been notorious for hacking into websites of government agencies, including the NSCDC, States Security Service (SSS), Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), National Examination Council (NECO) and Nigeria Customs Service.

The suspect was also alleged to have hacked into the website of the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) and was already having a rip-off from the current recruitment exercise being conducted by into NIS.

He was also alleged to have hacked into the website of JAMB and produce questions and answers likely to feature in the examinations and sold them to the public before the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) was held.

Still repeating the samething..... last I remember, one of the Nigeria's government website that was hacked was carried out by a group called "Naija Cyber Activist" and it was just a defacing that got fixed within short period.

“The suspect before us is an expert in website design. He can hack into any system, most especially government agencies’ system. He develops portals through which he used to put some adverts, advertising for recruitment for all these agencies.

Why call him a suspect when you have already confirmed he is a criminal earlier?

“He just graduated from College of Education, Ilaro, in March and he went to computer training centre where he learnt some of these things.

“The crux of the matter is that when he hacked into our system, there were so much outcries in the country. This got to my knowledge late last year, and so we started trailing the suspect.

“We thank God, on September 26, we got him. He is 23 years. He was arrested in Osun State,” he said.

Computer training centre can't teach you non of these things you have said...Only things you learn from a training centre are Microsoft word, corel draw and possibly microsoft xcel

My conclusion, if you are looking for traffic to your site, don't come here and bluff me, also Mods read nd digest well before moving to frontpage, News like this concerning Nigeria government would be published by the "Known dailies" rather than this backyard blog.
Re: Student Arrested For Hacking Jamb, Neco, Sss, Nscdc Websites. by eedriyz(m): 4:11am On Oct 06, 2013
No mind them jare.
Re: Student Arrested For Hacking Jamb, Neco, Sss, Nscdc Websites. by confiritch(m): 4:53am On Oct 06, 2013
SSS do not maintain a website. Stop peddling falsehood.
Re: Student Arrested For Hacking Jamb, Neco, Sss, Nscdc Websites. by ilias14(m): 5:28am On Oct 06, 2013
Nice job, if it's developed country the boy will be given NSCDC job so that he can block other hackers. Naija wil send him to jail and his brain so that his brain wil not be useful to him or nigerian public again. That is why other countries pass us in technology.
Re: Student Arrested For Hacking Jamb, Neco, Sss, Nscdc Websites. by phoneport(m): 5:35am On Oct 06, 2013
Well all Nigerians are Hackers, it only depends on what they can Hack into.
Re: Student Arrested For Hacking Jamb, Neco, Sss, Nscdc Websites. by phoneport(m): 5:44am On Oct 06, 2013
Scun: Simply because he isn't Igbo. The hypocrisy

Well if he was an Ibo guy, the Yorubas will quickly say that he is a Thief like the others.
The irony of Nigerians.
Re: Student Arrested For Hacking Jamb, Neco, Sss, Nscdc Websites. by yuncka: 5:49am On Oct 06, 2013
ww.Nsdc........ Dat guy na badt guy, how did he hack into dat Oga @ d top is still buildin? Dat same website wey Oga Shems neva sabi finish.
Re: Student Arrested For Hacking Jamb, Neco, Sss, Nscdc Websites. by ProudlyNaija1: 6:17am On Oct 06, 2013
aforebby: what a pity,,a young dude that should have use his intellent to develop our nation information technology rather he is using it to hack govt agencies websites,,na so bill gate dey do am?
shaaarap ! Wher d naija Govt wey go support n encourage am. Abi na u one feed am, his siblings n old/aged mother 4 village? When only wetin naija Govt knw na 2 dey steal public fund 2 take care of only dem sef n dier families.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Handwriting Genetic? / Reason For Our Low CGPA - 37 Kano Students Undergoing B.sc Nursing In Egypt / Types Of People When Reading For An Exam(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.