Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,530 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? (14513 Views)

Is Glo Blackberry Subscription On Android Sin Before God. Pls Read This. / Is Oral Sexx a Sin Before God? / Did God Know That Adam And Eve Would Sin Before Creating Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by leokid866: 11:24am On Oct 21, 2013
either way both Gods are messed up in one way or the other.....a true God should not condone any killing except in self defense...nor should he reward any who kills in his name....staring at David, saul,hitler(because part of the reasons he marched a campaign against the jews was because he was a stern catholic who believed the jews should have been punished for killing Christ),Boko-haram members, and all islamist terrorist worldwide, and also the catholic church who committed various murders in the name of god.
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by tintingz(m): 11:41am On Oct 21, 2013
*Kails*:

lol everyone is guilty of cherry picking in some way tho.
Ok I get you smiley
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by tintingz(m): 11:44am On Oct 21, 2013
lanrexlan: Lol,they shy away from those verses.Imagine,the bible saying Numbers 23:19 (KJV) -God is not a man,that he should lie;neither the son of man,that he should repent:hath he said,and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken,and shall he not make it good?.Then,this same god was found many occasions repenting in the Bible.
1 Samuel 15:35 (KJV) -And Samuel came no more to see Saul until the day of his death: nevertheless Samuel mourned for Saul:and the LORD repented that he had made Saul king over Israel

Exodus 32:14 (KJV) -And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people(Israel).

Genesis 6:6 (KJV) -And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth,and it grieved him at his heart.
.I think that's what happened in the NT,he has repented from his killings which he did in OT and becomes a loving god in the NT. grin grin grin
Lol. So it is true that Jehovah a.k.a YAWEH repented in the bible grin

My oh my grin

2 Likes

Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by tintingz(m): 11:47am On Oct 21, 2013
anochuko01:

okay....at least the God in the New testament is a repented and loving God who even sacrificed his only son and not the blood sucking god that expects you to kill and force people to him (decieving u with virgins in heaven to sleep with).

even ur view of heaven is with (earthly pleasures)....
My brother, whichever way, you've still not made the right decision as to whom to follow.
Read your post again you accepted that God repented in the bible, do you know the meaning for someone to repent? That means God has been sinning in OT bible?? undecided
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by tintingz(m): 11:51am On Oct 21, 2013
gothrones:

My brother, even though Christians claim that the God of the OT and the God of the NT are the same, I respectfully disagree. Reading the OT will send shivers down your spine. Jehovah was a GANGSTA. He was smacking and crushing his enemies, and sometimes even his children, whenever they did things He didn't like.
Lol @ gangsta but let not insult.
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by Saravejo(m): 12:00pm On Oct 21, 2013
9jadelta: as an atheist, I will defend myself if anyone tries to kill me. but according to Christianty, thou shall not kill. (even if someone slaps ur left cheek, turn the right) there shouldn't be any reason why u should take someone's life cos life is precious, and it didn't give reasons for killing unlike Islam or should I say killslam. mercy killing, holy killing, self defence bla blala. killing is killing. muslims will tell u Islam doesn't support killing but you can kill in holy way grin
why are u generalizing it?
tintingz: Lol @ gangsta but let not insult.
9jadelta: as an atheist, I will defend myself if anyone tries to kill me. but according to Christianty, thou shall not kill. (even if someone slaps ur left cheek, turn the right) there shouldn't be any reason why u should take someone's life cos life is precious, and it didn't give reasons for killing unlike Islam or should I say killslam. mercy killing, holy killing, self defence bla blala. killing is killing. muslims will tell u Islam doesn't support killing but you can kill in holy way grin
why are u generalizing it?
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Oct 21, 2013
Look at it this way. The bible says it is the will of God that all sorts of men come to the true knowledge of God and be saved. If you kill that man under the guise of self defense, have you not robbed him of the chance to repent and be saved?.

Take an example from Jesus. He had all the chance to defend himself when he was arrested. But he did not. He allowed himself to be led to the death. He even cautioned Peter who tried to defend him.
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by sheddyboy: 2:16pm On Oct 21, 2013
obviously this question is a serious one, but the truth remains that a christian has no reason to kill, the bible is divided into two, the old testament and the new testament, the old testament was a time when law rules, it was term the law of moses, that was where you heard "an eye for an eye" etc but the new testament is a time of grace, as a christian you are to love your enemy, contrary to what was in the old testament (hate your enemy) would you then kill your enemy whom u are commanded to love? Christians are pilgrims here on earth, our home is heaven, what we should be praying for is for God to deliver us from the hands of our enemies. So stop quoting from the old testament, the same God that commanded them to kill in their time nw commands us nt to kill in our time. So God save us.
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by sheddyboy: 2:30pm On Oct 21, 2013
tintingz: Lol. So it is true that Jehovah a.k.a YAWEH repented in the bible grin

My oh my grin
pls get back to your dictionary repented here means regret and not the way you think, and pls watch what you say, especially when u ar making comment about GOD.
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by lionspot(m): 2:34pm On Oct 21, 2013
tintingz: wrong, if you kill someone in process of self-defense and there is a prove for it you will be free.

Jonathan sending JTF to fight boko haram is self-defense to the citizen.
dnt u knw dt a plea of self defence wl nt exculpate an accusd if d degree of force he used in defendin himself or property was in excess of d force used by the victim? D law z dt both forces must b equal. If sumbody attackd me wit a light stick, i cnt use a gun to defend mysef by shootn him. If i do that, i wl b convicted for manslaughter. Another element z dt d defence mst b immidiate. See r v. Nungu.
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by tintingz(m): 4:05pm On Oct 21, 2013
sheddyboy: obviously this question is a serious one, but the truth remains that a christian has no reason to kill, the bible is divided into two, the old testament and the new testament, the old testament was a time when law rules, it was term the law of moses, that was where you heard "an eye for an eye" etc but the new testament is a time of grace, as a christian you are to love your enemy, contrary to what was in the old testament (hate your enemy) would you then kill your enemy whom u are commanded to love? Christians are pilgrims here on earth, our home is heaven, what we should be praying for is for God to deliver us from the hands of our enemies. So stop quoting from the old testament, the same God that commanded them to kill in their time nw commands us nt to kill in our time. So God save us.
will you let your enemy kill you?

We don't need stories.

1 Like

Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by tintingz(m): 4:07pm On Oct 21, 2013
sheddyboy: pls get back to your dictionary repented here means regret and not the way you think, and pls watch what you say, especially when u ar making comment about GOD.
Ok Jehovah regretted for his past deeds. smiley
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by SexyLadyJ: 4:08pm On Oct 21, 2013
chairman: We are expected to forgive from a christian point of view, JESUS CHRIST when he was about to be arrested, peter started fighting in his defence, and he told peter to stop, there, he set the example for us. So as christians we are not allowed to kill even in self defence.

HEY! Dont 4get JESUS was on a mission. He must allow that to happen 4 the mission 2 be accomplished. @Chairman

1 Like

Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by tintingz(m): 4:16pm On Oct 21, 2013
lionspot: dnt u knw dt a plea of self defence wl nt exculpate an accusd if d degree of force he used in defendin himself or property was in excess of d force used by the victim? D law z dt both forces must b equal. If sumbody attackd me wit a light stick, i cnt use a gun to defend mysef by shootn him. If i do that, i wl b convicted for manslaughter. Another element z dt d defence mst b immidiate. See r v. Nungu.
I get your point... smiley
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by tintingz(m): 4:21pm On Oct 21, 2013
SexyLadyJ: .

HEY! Dont 4get JESUS was on a mission. He must allow that to happen 4 the mission 2 be accomplished. @Chairman
Thank you jare...if Jesus defend himself from being killed how will he accomplish his mission according to the bible, but they forgot that Jesus ordered his disciple to sell their garment and buy sword and later told peter to put back the sword cuz he knows his mission.

3 Likes

Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by lanrexlan(m): 4:23pm On Oct 21, 2013
tintingz: Ok Jehovah regretted for his past deeds. smiley
Hehehehe,Bro Tintingz dey make me laugh o smiley
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by tintingz(m): 4:36pm On Oct 21, 2013
lanrexlan: Hehehehe,Bro Tintingz dey make me laugh o smiley
abi, since he said their god regretted cheesy
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by Afroconnect: 5:17pm On Oct 21, 2013
shut up monkey...even the bible say there is time for everything.
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by Afroconnect: 5:19pm On Oct 21, 2013
princefunmi: Look at it this way. The bible says it is the will of God that all sorts of men come to the true knowledge of God and be saved. If you kill that man under the guise of self defense, have you not robbed him of the chance to repent and be saved?.

Take an example from Jesus. He had all the chance to defend himself when he was arrested. But he did not. He allowed himself to be led to the death. He even cautioned Peter who tried to defend him.
very dumb assertion,Jesus was on a mission.
There is time for everything...a time for peace,and a time to wage war.

1 Like

Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by SexyLadyJ: 7:35am On Oct 22, 2013
tintingz: Thank you jare...if Jesus defend himself from being killed how will he accomplish his mission according to the bible, but they forgot that Jesus ordered his disciple to sell their garment and buy sword and later told peter to put back the sword cuz he knows his mission.

GBAM!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by SexyLadyJ: 7:46am On Oct 22, 2013
Afro connect:
very dumb assertion,Jesus was on a mission.
There is time for everything...a time for peace,and a time to wage war.

EXACTLY!!!!!
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by Shadowblaqq(m): 8:51am On Oct 22, 2013
destino24: Mods, front page please.. ..

Av always wanted to know, soldiers, are they doing the will of God
yes they are in the line of their; loyalty to country. Bible says we should obey our leaders even if they are bad people, and if we disobey them it means we disobey God.
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by leokid866: 9:04am On Oct 22, 2013
funny thing is god is said to be a loving and forgiving god right even in the old testament....i dont think a god of that description would go around killing people even after they offend...killing someone then send them to hell, thats cold....if you ask me i think part of the bible was falsified....it was written and compiled by men afterall....plus most of the killings done in the name of god were done by men in defense of god....when david or was it saul marched on an entire nation and killed everybody except the king all in the name of god...was he trying to say god sent him to go kill an entire nation whose population most likely included innocent babies and people who had no idea of the situation around....i think people just get high on God or Allah and start doing stupid things in his name...cause if i had access to weaponry and i want to kill someone it seems i can just go ahead and say im doing the work of god....david did it, saul did it, the catholic church did it, and Boko haram are doing it right...but i guess the best way to answer the question is to kill in self defense before you die, and when you see god ask him if it was wrong...cause all any man can do is speculate for you.
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by ShobayoEmma(m): 3:18pm On Oct 22, 2013
thanks for all contributions though i am not yet sure of which part that is real
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 22, 2013
Xtians be like; repent!, hell fire!, this is a sinful and wicked world, heaven is a wonderful place. Yet, they are trying to twist on the same source which said thou shalt not kill. Cos they are scared.
#Christian hypocrisy.
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by Kabieosi: 10:14pm On Oct 22, 2013
nwuyag:

Xtians be like; repent!, hell fire!, this is a sinful and wicked world, heaven is a wonderful place.
Yet, they are trying to twist on the same source which said thou shalt not kill.
Cos they are scared.
#Christian hypocrisy.

If you promise not to tell, I'll let you in on a secret

It actually is written "Thou shall not murder"

- You need to be shown where the rocks are

A priest, a minister and a rabbi are on a fishing trip.

They get out on the water and the
Priest goes,
"Oh darn, I forgot the picnic basket!"
so he proceeds to step out of the boat and WALKS to shore,
grabs the picnic basket and comes back out to the boat.

The rabbi looks on in bewilderment.

The
minister looks around as he's about to cast and realizes, "I forgot the tackle box!"
He also proceeds to get out of the boat
and WALKS to shore, grabs the tackle box and heads back to the boat.

The rabbi is absolutely shocked at this point.

Finally,
the rabbi turns to the priest and minister and says, "I forgot the bait."
He steps out of the boat and SPLASHES around in the water.

The priest turns to the minister and says,
"You forgot to show him where the rocks are didn't you?"
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by Nobody: 1:07am On Oct 23, 2013
Kabieosi:

If you promise not to tell, I'll let you in on a secret

It actually is written "Thou shall not murder"

- You need to be shown where the rocks are

A priest, a minister and a rabbi are on a fishing trip.

They get out on the water and the
Priest goes,
"Oh darn, I forgot the picnic basket!"
so he proceeds to step out of the boat and WALKS to shore,
grabs the picnic basket and comes back out to the boat.

The rabbi looks on in bewilderment.

The
minister looks around as he's about to cast and realizes, "I forgot the tackle box!"
He also proceeds to get out of the boat
and WALKS to shore, grabs the tackle box and heads back to the boat.

The rabbi is absolutely shocked at this point.

Finally,
the rabbi turns to the priest and minister and says, "I forgot the bait."
He steps out of the boat and SPLASHES around in the water.

The priest turns to the minister and says,
"You forgot to show him where the rocks are didn't you?"
which bible(s) used murder?
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by Nobody: 1:12am On Oct 23, 2013
@ kabieosi
are you a (bible study) teacher?
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by sheddyboy: 12:00pm On Oct 23, 2013
tintingz: will you let your enemy kill you?

We don't need stories.
as a christian you have no option. God knows why he allowed that to happen
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by sheddyboy: 12:05pm On Oct 23, 2013
tintingz: Ok Jehovah regretted for his past deeds. smiley
nt his past deeds, but for creating a man whom he has given the power of "CHOICE" and all he could think and do continueously is wickedness
Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by tintingz(m): 12:41pm On Oct 23, 2013
sheddyboy: as a christian you have no option. God knows why he allowed that to happen
God gave humans the ability to defend themselves that's why you see the isrealites defending their land and protecting their women and children from their enemies or am I wrong on this?

No option is like suicidal, even when your family are under attack you won't defend/save them?

1 Like

Re: Killing In Self-defence Is It A Sin Before God? by tintingz(m): 12:44pm On Oct 23, 2013
sheddyboy: nt his past deeds, but for creating a man whom he has given the power of "CHOICE" and all he could think and do continueously is wickedness
Read your bible again Jehova was the one commanding the iserealites to fight and kill for their lands.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Challenges Of Being A Pastor’s Kid: Travail & Personal Struggles / How T.B. Joshua Initiated Chris Oyakhilome & Ugandan Pastor Kakande / Open Heavens Devotional 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.