Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,800 members, 7,810,080 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

ARE THERE REALLY MANSIONS IN HEAVEN(john14:2)candour,theoctopus,joagbaje,Goshen - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ARE THERE REALLY MANSIONS IN HEAVEN(john14:2)candour,theoctopus,joagbaje,Goshen (1669 Views)

Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm / Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked / *~ Joagbaje Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ARE THERE REALLY MANSIONS IN HEAVEN(john14:2)candour,theoctopus,joagbaje,Goshen by idumuose(m): 10:04am On Oct 06, 2013
The brethren I mentioned on my topic bar are well versed in the Bible
that's why I mentioned yur names.Your imput is necessary and it will
help us please.
Christemmbassey,pastor kun,zikkey,Bidam,Gombs your imput will help a lot.
To understand what I'm saying,below is a daily devotional written by
Pastor Adeboye of Rccg:

in John 14:1-3, the Lord assures us that He is building mansions for us. Many years ago, the Lord took me in a vision to a place in a city beyond compare in beauty. I saw a house under construction which was massive and had many rooms. The laborers were busy working at it. When I asked the Lord who owns the house, He said, ‘Son, this is your house’, expecting that since there is no night in heaven, when my children come to pay me visits, they will have rooms to stay. He said the building is still going on as long as I am winning souls. Beloved, whether people believe it or not, I know what I saw. I saw mansions in heaven. I have seen my own building. The Lord is equally building yours. are you committed to winning souls? Soul winners are so dear to God’s heart that He makes them relevant both in time and in eternity. How much have you worked for your heavenly reward?
Prayer Point
Father, help me to serve you acceptably so that I do not lose my earthly and external rewards.
By: Pastor E.A Adeboye

I don't understand which mansions he is talking about.God bless Ɣ☺u all as
Ɣ☺u respond.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ARE THERE REALLY MANSIONS IN HEAVEN(john14:2)candour,theoctopus,joagbaje,Goshen by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 06, 2013
Yes of course there are mansions in Heaven designed by Architects more Superb and whose Intelligence is beyond the comprehension of Man and erected by Builders whose expertise is outa this world !!!

Oh yes, I'm gonna get mansions/ ''HeavenScrappers''(Beyond earth skyscrapper ooo) in Heaven where I am spending my eternal life in Infinite Blessings,infinitely ,amen smiley !!!

1 Like

Re: ARE THERE REALLY MANSIONS IN HEAVEN(john14:2)candour,theoctopus,joagbaje,Goshen by noblefada: 11:51am On Oct 06, 2013
No
Re: ARE THERE REALLY MANSIONS IN HEAVEN(john14:2)candour,theoctopus,joagbaje,Goshen by idumuose(m): 12:24pm On Oct 06, 2013
Still waiting for answer
Re: ARE THERE REALLY MANSIONS IN HEAVEN(john14:2)candour,theoctopus,joagbaje,Goshen by Candour(m): 12:31pm On Oct 06, 2013
idumuose: Still waiting for answer

happy sunday bro. Pls we all are learning so i dont see anybody as an authority on the word of God. We'll have to search the bible together to understand these things better.

Trust to make a contribution in due course my bro.

Patience is a virtue..... grin

Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ARE THERE REALLY MANSIONS IN HEAVEN(john14:2)candour,theoctopus,joagbaje,Goshen by Kabieosi: 1:15pm On Oct 06, 2013
noblefada:

No

Actually, in a kind of way, yes

- It is an idiom and practice/custom that a hebrew better understands and knows the meaning of and/or implication

as in the hebrew culture, this is want the groom goes about doing for his bride

but it is the groom's father (i.e. God in this instance) that ultimately approves the mansion (i.e. the extension to his house for the newly wed) for them as OK and ready for them to move in to.

So technically yes, Jesus has gone to prepare a place for the church in his father's house.

By the way a mansion is an extension to a house (i.e. a separate dwelling in a large house or structure)

Side line. Dont ask if the streets of heaven is paved with gold because the answer will be an emphatic No, not literal and physical yellow gold as we know it now or here

The below Jewish Marriage Customs link will help clear any up regurgitates passed on or plaguing the sheeple
Jewish Marriage Customs
http://www.biblestudymanuals.net/jewish_marriage_customs.htm
Re: ARE THERE REALLY MANSIONS IN HEAVEN(john14:2)candour,theoctopus,joagbaje,Goshen by hackwi(m): 1:27pm On Oct 06, 2013
Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
Re: ARE THERE REALLY MANSIONS IN HEAVEN(john14:2)candour,theoctopus,joagbaje,Goshen by idumuose(m): 1:57pm On Oct 06, 2013
Candour:

happy sunday bro. Pls we all are learning so i dont see anybody as an authority on the word of God. We'll have to search the bible together to understand these things better.

Trust to make a contribution in due course my bro.

Patience is a virtue..... grin

Cheers
Thanks candour.I'm even willing to be patient for
a week

1 Like

Re: ARE THERE REALLY MANSIONS IN HEAVEN(john14:2)candour,theoctopus,joagbaje,Goshen by Ubenedictus(m): 2:15pm On Oct 06, 2013
personal i think you are the mansion christ is preparing in heaven. The christian is the household of God.
Re: ARE THERE REALLY MANSIONS IN HEAVEN(john14:2)candour,theoctopus,joagbaje,Goshen by noblefada: 2:25pm On Oct 06, 2013
Ubenedictus: personal i think you are the mansion christ is preparing in heaven. The christian is the household of God.
Thank you very much, I decided not to go into a theological discussion. You are very correct, the mansion there in the Greek is interpreted manone, meaning dwelling places. Just reading down John 14 would have clarified that.
Re: ARE THERE REALLY MANSIONS IN HEAVEN(john14:2)candour,theoctopus,joagbaje,Goshen by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 06, 2013
Why is Almighty God using labourers to construct when He can simply say BE and it will?
Maybe those labourers are people serving punishment for their sins or could they be angels?
Re: ARE THERE REALLY MANSIONS IN HEAVEN(john14:2)candour,theoctopus,joagbaje,Goshen by Joagbaje(m): 5:51pm On Oct 06, 2013
Heaven is a place in Gods kindom. Definitely there are buildings in heaven . At least the bible tells us of a physical temple and alter there. But when Jesus talks about many mansions , I believe it's talking about our place in christ.

We must also know that heaven is only a trmporary abode for the saints . We will only be in heaven for 7 years or so. Our final abode is the new earth forever .

2 Likes

Re: ARE THERE REALLY MANSIONS IN HEAVEN(john14:2)candour,theoctopus,joagbaje,Goshen by idumuose(m): 9:13pm On Oct 06, 2013
Ubenedictus: personal i think you are the mansion christ is preparing in heaven. The christian is the household of God.
Hmmmmm.this one got me thinking
Re: ARE THERE REALLY MANSIONS IN HEAVEN(john14:2)candour,theoctopus,joagbaje,Goshen by idumuose(m): 9:19pm On Oct 06, 2013
noblefada:
Thank you very much, I decided not to go into a theological discussion. You are very correct, the mansion there in the Greek is interpreted manone, meaning dwelling places. Just reading down John 14 would have clarified that.
Bro God bless Ɣ☺u.Mansion here in greek means dwelling
Places.God bless Ɣ☺u
Re: ARE THERE REALLY MANSIONS IN HEAVEN(john14:2)candour,theoctopus,joagbaje,Goshen by idumuose(m): 11:09pm On Oct 06, 2013
noblefada: No
Re: ARE THERE REALLY MANSIONS IN HEAVEN(john14:2)candour,theoctopus,joagbaje,Goshen by Goshen360(m): 3:07am On Oct 07, 2013
There's no physical mansion with compartments in heaven as some erroneously teach\believe.

The conversation in John 14 is like when Jesus was talking to Nichodemus and later explained what it means to be born again to him. You have to either use the Greek concordance to decode the words in context and\or wear the new testament lens to understand what Christ was saying.

Study the words in Greek and with the words, unveiled by Apostle Paul, you understand the mansion Christ is preparing is the believer so that s\he can wear an abiding place in God's presence and fit for where Christ is now (heaven) so the believer also can be there.

I might continue this discussion as it progresses.
Re: ARE THERE REALLY MANSIONS IN HEAVEN(john14:2)candour,theoctopus,joagbaje,Goshen by swtchicgurl: 5:44am On Oct 07, 2013
Goshen360: There's no physical mansion with compartments in heaven as some erroneously teach\believe.

The conversation in John 14 is like when Jesus was talking to Nichodemus and later explained what it means to be born again to him. You have to either use the Greek concordance to decode the words in context and\or wear the new testament lens to understand what Christ was saying.

Study the words in Greek and with the words, unveiled by Apostle Paul, you understand the mansion Christ is preparing is the believer so that s\he can wear an abiding place in God's presence and fit for where Christ is now (heaven) so the believer also can be there.

why are you always so quick to tag anything you don't opine to as "erroneous"? In various versions of that verse of the scripture:

NIV

Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

AMP

Do not let your hearts be troubled (distressed, agitated). You believe in and adhere to and trust in and rely on God; believe in and adhere to and trust in and rely also on Me.

2 In My Father’s house there are many dwelling places (homes). If it were not so, I would have told you; for I am going away to prepare a place for you.

RSV

Let not your hearts be troubled; believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father’s house are[b] many rooms; if it were not so, would I have told you[/b] that I go to prepare a place for you?

The Message

Don’t let this throw you. You trust God, don’t you? Trust me. There is plenty of[b] room for you in my Father’s home[/b]. If that weren’t so, would I have told you that I’m on my way to get a room ready for you?

Isn't it simple to take the Bible for what it says?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ARE THERE REALLY MANSIONS IN HEAVEN(john14:2)candour,theoctopus,joagbaje,Goshen by idumuose(m): 6:59am On Oct 07, 2013
Goshen360: There's no physical mansion with compartments in heaven as some erroneously teach\believe.

@Noblefada talked about dwelling place as the meaning
of the greek word mansion.Paul made reference to this
somewhere in corinthians.Perhaps a comparison between
the sermon Jesus preached with that of Paul will unveil the
truth.
Re: ARE THERE REALLY MANSIONS IN HEAVEN(john14:2)candour,theoctopus,joagbaje,Goshen by swtchicgurl: 8:36am On Oct 07, 2013
idumuose:
truth.

look up, on post earlier
Re: ARE THERE REALLY MANSIONS IN HEAVEN(john14:2)candour,theoctopus,joagbaje,Goshen by swtchicgurl: 8:36am On Oct 07, 2013
idumuose:
truth.

look up, on post earlier

also, check the jewish Bible translation:

Let not your levavot be troubled [14:27]. You have emunah (faith) in Hashem. Also in me have emunah (faith). [SHEMOT 14:21; TEHILLIM 4:5]

2 In the Beis Avi there are many me’onot (dwelling places, permanent residences, homes, cf 14:23); if it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a makom (place) for you?

Re: ARE THERE REALLY MANSIONS IN HEAVEN(john14:2)candour,theoctopus,joagbaje,Goshen by Candour(m): 9:11am On Oct 07, 2013
When Jesus talked about mansions in his father's house, i trust he meant dwelling places. see what he told the disciples when Peter wanted to know what their prospect was after leaving everything to follow him

Matt 19:28-29
'And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.29.And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.'

The key word there is regeneration. All we see including ourselves will be regenerated at the last. We'll have new bodies just like there'll be a new heaven but more importantly to answer your question, a new earth. This present earth shall be obliterated as Peter said in 2Peter 3:7-10. The mansions will be here on earth but a new earth.

Rev 21:1-3
'And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away: and there was no more sea.2.And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her Husband.3.And i heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold the tabernacle of God is with with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God'

This is at the end of the 7 years after the rapture. All saints would have returned to earth with the Lord after their 7 year stay with the Lord in heaven when Israel and the world faced a tribulation on earth here. The place of enjoyment and reigning will be on earth and that is when every one will receive rewards. The mansions Christ talked about are part of the rewards Paul talked about in 1Cor 3:9-15.

I do not know how the mansions or dwelling places are constituted or built so i wont speculate but i believe we'll have them.

Some say it's not physical mansions like Goshen said in his post. He might be right but this is my own interpretation of what Christ said. This is a learning opportunity and i hope God opens our eyes to what the perfect truth about this issue is. However, we must remember this particular issue has no effect on our salvation so we do not need to get worked up unnecessarily about it.

God bless us all
Re: ARE THERE REALLY MANSIONS IN HEAVEN(john14:2)candour,theoctopus,joagbaje,Goshen by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:24am On Oct 07, 2013
grin grin grin grin

confusion in christendom.

laughing and dancing Satanically.

Hehe. Mansions in heaven grin Built by labourers grin grin

Poverty and illiteracy are really serious ailments.

1 Like

Re: ARE THERE REALLY MANSIONS IN HEAVEN(john14:2)candour,theoctopus,joagbaje,Goshen by Gombs(m): 10:46am On Oct 07, 2013
OP, Christ is a person, and a place

Let me make this brief!

Christ is a place

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new
creature: old things are passed away; behold, all
things are become new

In John 14:2-3 Jesus said “In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.”

Many misinterpret this portion of Scripture to mean
that when someone gives his life to Christ or gets born again, God starts building a mansion for him (or her) in heaven.

That’s not true. In the verse above, Jesus wasn’t talking about heaven. He was referring to our place in Christ.

There’re no mansions being built in heaven for
anybody. (I didn't say there aint mansions in Heaven, I said BEING BUILT). The Bible says ALL the works in heaven and in the earth were finished from the foundations of the world (Hebrews 4:3).

The angels aren’t building structures in heaven.
Heaven is a beautiful place, and it’s already been
built perfectly from the beginning of Creation.

[size=16pt] The place Jesus went to prepare for us is our place in the right hand of the Father, where we now sit with Him in the heavenly realms, far above all
principalities and powers. That place is also called
Christ.
[/size]

*can somebody shout Hallelujah!

So, not only is Christ a Person, He’s also a place.
That’s what the Apostle Paul alludes to in our opening
scripture. We are in Christ.
We’ve been made to sit together with Him in heavenly
places (Ephesians 2:6); that the place Jesus went to prepare for us and we’re there now. You came into Christ when you were born again; it’s a heavenly realm called Zion, the city of the living God. That’s the city of our habitation:

Hebrews 12:22
“But ye are come unto mount Zion, and unto the city
of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an
innumerable company of angels”

In Christ there’s no sin, sickness, disease, failure,
poverty, defeat, weakness or death; all you have is
health, joy peace, success, strength, prosperity,
beauty and life forevermore! That’s your place of
inheritance; it’s the place of divine authority and
power, where you reign and rule over satan and the
cohorts of darkness.

So when you say “I’m in Christ,” you ought to understand the import of that statement, for it
means that’s where you live; your address is Christ!
Therefore, view the world from there.

You can make this declaration in Prayer:
Dear Father, I thank you, in the Name of Jesus, for
raising me up and making me to sit together in
heavenly places in Christ! Not only does Christ live in
me, I’m in Christ, and I function from the heavenly
realms of glory, as the heavenly man in Christ.

Hallelujah

*Kabashing already

2 Likes

Re: ARE THERE REALLY MANSIONS IN HEAVEN(john14:2)candour,theoctopus,joagbaje,Goshen by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 07, 2013
If there are mansions in heaven then it simply means SIN exists in Heaven even as it does in the House of God where his presence is abundant as well as kidnappers and rapists.. Material and Worldly things are of the sinful nature of man. Christians never consider that been rewarded with worldly possession for getting to heaven taints the perfection of the body that is meant to occur, saying that you will hunger no more means that the new body does not need food nor sleep.. in essence the new Spirit body is an essence that embodies the consciousness of God. who ever wrote that book was either a roman Deceptacon or a drunk ninny.
Re: ARE THERE REALLY MANSIONS IN HEAVEN(john14:2)candour,theoctopus,joagbaje,Goshen by Goshen360(m): 11:47am On Oct 07, 2013
swtchicgurl:

why are you always so quick to tag anything you don't opine to as "erroneous"? In various versions of that verse of the scripture:

NIV

AMP

RSV

The Message

Isn't it simple to take the Bible for what it says?

All you have to do is read down the chapter. Jesus further explained what he meant using the same line - "Haven't you heard I said I was going to prepare a place for you"? There's no beef. It's simply the context! Also, you can use Greek syntax or concordance, rooms and dwelling place is not just a place with entrance and exit location.
Re: ARE THERE REALLY MANSIONS IN HEAVEN(john14:2)candour,theoctopus,joagbaje,Goshen by Gombs(m): 1:11pm On Oct 07, 2013
Goshen360:

All you have to do is read down the chapter. Jesus further explained what he meant using the same line - "Haven't you heard I said I was going to prepare a place for you"? There's no beef. It's simply the context! Also, you can use Greek syntax or concordance, rooms and dwelling place is not just a place with entrance and exit location.

First time av ever seen your post appear correct in line with scriptures!

My prayers are already yielding results. grin
I started praying for you when I perceived you have an honest desire for scriptural interpretation unlike some others who don't study scriptures and ALWAYS try to understand the bible by their senses.

No hidden agenda here, but I do pray for u

Hallelujah

1 Like

Re: ARE THERE REALLY MANSIONS IN HEAVEN(john14:2)candour,theoctopus,joagbaje,Goshen by Kabieosi: 2:42pm On Oct 07, 2013
Gombs:

First time av ever seen your post appear correct in line with scriptures!

My prayers are already yielding results. grin
I started praying for you when I perceived you have an honest desire for scriptural interpretation unlike some others who don't study scriptures and ALWAYS try to understand the bible by their senses.

No hidden agenda here, but I do pray for u

Hallelujah

[img]http://4.bp..com/-wUQr64Rlz_M/T7Ab5zGqbxI/AAAAAAAABKQ/A5679p9HR8Y/s180/idi-amin-laughing.gif[/img]
Re: ARE THERE REALLY MANSIONS IN HEAVEN(john14:2)candour,theoctopus,joagbaje,Goshen by Gombs(m): 2:58pm On Oct 07, 2013
Kabieosi:

[img]http://4.bp..com/-wUQr64Rlz_M/T7Ab5zGqbxI/AAAAAAAABKQ/A5679p9HR8Y/s180/idi-amin-laughing.gif[/img]

Dnt worry bro, I and Goshen are buddies! We've come along way grin

Tho he accuses me of being same as Joagbaje...aint that funny? grin
Re: ARE THERE REALLY MANSIONS IN HEAVEN(john14:2)candour,theoctopus,joagbaje,Goshen by nedostic: 3:03pm On Oct 07, 2013
I subscribe fully to this topic. I think its an opportunity for us to learn and unlearn the right interpretation within the context of what our Lord Jesus Christ meant by his statetement while he was on earth.

My own initial take is that if there be mansions in heaven, it had already been built right from the foundation of heaven and earth.

That the Almighty God and/or angels (is)are building mansions for (new) converts/christians lacks biblical credibility, sometimes, as well this is due to what I would term as "selective contextual scriptural interpretations" by individuals. It is very evident from the book of Genesis that JHWH has since ceased from his work of creation.

Let us not equally forget the fact that the earth is still man's final abode. Our first father-ADAM was never promised heaven. Of course, there would be a new heaven and earth.

By and large, I kind of buy Goshen's interpretation of the scripture based on this topic.

I am looking forward to others contributions with an open mind.

God bless you all!
Re: ARE THERE REALLY MANSIONS IN HEAVEN(john14:2)candour,theoctopus,joagbaje,Goshen by SeaSalt: 10:32pm On Oct 07, 2013
I will answer your questions with some pointed questions that can help you answer the question by yourself, if you're willing.

#1. Where is Heaven?
#2. Is heaven somewhere in the galaxies or around us?
#3. Moses saw some things when he was on the mountain and God reminded him, Exodus 25:40 - what did he see?
#4. Where were those things Moses saw? What location?
#5. As a result of what Moses saw, what did Moses do?
#6. Abraham never built a house, but lived in tent, why?
#7. What was Abraham looking for?
#8. Where is Abraham, Isaac, David, Daniel, Paul, Peter, etc right now? In an open air field?

If I may add:
#9. Jesus said His Body was the Temple of God; Paul also confirmed this, can you now imagine what God is building?
#10. Where is God's Temple?

I hope these help you find the answer you're looking for.
Re: ARE THERE REALLY MANSIONS IN HEAVEN(john14:2)candour,theoctopus,joagbaje,Goshen by idumuose(m): 9:42pm On Oct 08, 2013
nedostic: I subscribe fully to this topic. I think its an opportunity for us to learn and unlearn the right interpretation within the context of what our Lord Jesus Christ meant by his statetement while he was on earth.

My own initial take is that if there be mansions in heaven, it had already been built right from the foundation of heaven and earth.

That the Almighty God and/or angels (is)are building mansions for (new) converts/christians lacks biblical credibility, sometimes, as well this is due to what I would term as "selective contextual scriptural interpretations" by individuals. It is very evident from the book of Genesis that JHWH has since ceased from his work of creation.

Let us not equally forget the fact that the earth is still man's final abode. Our first father-ADAM was never promised heaven. Of course, there would be a new heaven and earth.

By and large, I kind of buy Goshen's interpretation of the scripture based on this topic.

I am looking forward to others contributions with an open mind.

God bless you all!

(1) (Reply)

10 "Signs" Of The End Of The Age / There Is No Hell-i Say / Pastor Arrested For Alleged Fake Currency Printing Blamed Satan For The Act..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.