Stats: 3,195,451 members, 7,958,357 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:02 PM

Bank Error Makes A US Man The World First Ever Trillionaire - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Bank Error Makes A US Man The World First Ever Trillionaire (18541 Views)

US Man Commits Suicide After Killing Six Grandchildren And Daughter / US Man Wrestles Enormous Python In Florida. A State Record / US Man Swallowed By Sinkhole Under His Bedroom (2) (3) (4)

Bank Error Makes A US Man The World First Ever Trillionaire by bishopjoe02(m): 11:16am On Oct 07, 2013
Most people on finding out that they've become rich beyond their wildest dreams would immediately splash out on a selfish purchase - a yacht, a mansion, maybe even a private island.
But when Reggie Theus discovered he had become a trillionaire thanks to a bank error, he decided to make life easy for his fellow Americans, and offered to pay of the national debt.
Sadly for the country, the bank realised its mistake, and soon took away the East Texan's $4,000,000,000,000 - dashing the States' hope of an easy fix for their financial crisis.

Mr Theus, a restaurant manager, didn't throw caution to the wind and quit his job, thankfully - he still turned up and was busy waiting on tables and co-ordinating his staff.
He told KLTV: 'I was definitely surprised when I looked in my account and saw that much money in there.
'I looked it up and there's never been a trillionaire before.'
The bank, which asked their customer not to identify them, had made the error during an online banking update.
Mr Theus' offer could not have come at a better time for the warring government, which has shutdown while Republicans and Democrats argue over raising the debt-ceiling.

CULLED FROM dailymail.co.uk

http://bishopjoe..com/2013/10/bank-error-makes-restaurant-manager.html
Re: Bank Error Makes A US Man The World First Ever Trillionaire by HezronLorraine(m): 3:10pm On Oct 07, 2013
shocked shocked shocked

Why can't this be me or my parents.The bank would face a lot of query from federal authorities.it may lead to their closure.
Re: Bank Error Makes A US Man The World First Ever Trillionaire by Tolexander: 3:17pm On Oct 07, 2013
But when Reggie Theus
discovered he had become a
trillionaire thanks to a bank
error, he decided to make life
easy for his fellow Americans,
and offered to pay of the
national debt.
what a spirit of nationality!

This guy no gat nigerian mentality at all. If na nigerian, only God knows the heavy amount that would have been withdrawn before detecting the mistake.

Re: Bank Error Makes A US Man The World First Ever Trillionaire by bishopjoe02(m): 4:26pm On Oct 07, 2013
I wonder why d guy nor flex d money, i doubt if he can be persecuted if he does, cos it wasnt his fault
Re: Bank Error Makes A US Man The World First Ever Trillionaire by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 08, 2013
God please let Access Bank or UBA do the same mistake and credit me with 4Biliion naira! That is not too much to ask for. lipsrsealed embarassed

Re: Bank Error Makes A US Man The World First Ever Trillionaire by benkings(m): 11:27am On Oct 08, 2013
God i need this kinda error in my life....IJN amen. grin

Re: Bank Error Makes A US Man The World First Ever Trillionaire by dabrake(m): 11:28am On Oct 08, 2013
If I hear say I donate the money back, . . . That's my share of the national cake.

Re: Bank Error Makes A US Man The World First Ever Trillionaire by momodub: 11:28am On Oct 08, 2013
nice one if na me i for return the money i no be 419

Re: Bank Error Makes A US Man The World First Ever Trillionaire by Lilimax(f): 11:28am On Oct 08, 2013
berem: God please let Access Bank or UBA do the same mistake and credit me with 4Biliion naira! That is not too much to ask for. lipsrsealed embarassed
grin grin ...The more reason this prayer won't be answered smiley.

Re: Bank Error Makes A US Man The World First Ever Trillionaire by Nobody: 11:29am On Oct 08, 2013
I would have done the same... Believe me... Just that Forex go don feel the money go forth and back but they will have their cash intact, while I get the interest.
Re: Bank Error Makes A US Man The World First Ever Trillionaire by Ninilowo(m): 11:29am On Oct 08, 2013
..............and deliver us from temptation
For thine is the Kingdom; the power and the glory; for ever and ever....amen.

Re: Bank Error Makes A US Man The World First Ever Trillionaire by Nobody: 11:30am On Oct 08, 2013
Abeg my bank, make this kind of error. Mke we knw weda Nigerians good or not
Re: Bank Error Makes A US Man The World First Ever Trillionaire by Eneze1(f): 11:30am On Oct 08, 2013
berem: God please let Access Bank or UBA do the same mistake and credit me with 4Biliion naira! That is not too much to ask for. lipsrsealed embarassed

Berem, Berem, Berem how many times did I call you? you like money too much kai grin

Re: Bank Error Makes A US Man The World First Ever Trillionaire by Lilimax(f): 11:31am On Oct 08, 2013
Tolexander: what a spirit of nationality!

A spirit of nationality indeed!. He decided to make life
easy for his fellow Americans thereby returning the money smiley.

Such a jolly good fellow... cheesy!
Re: Bank Error Makes A US Man The World First Ever Trillionaire by akereconfi: 11:32am On Oct 08, 2013
If naa 9ja, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm this sallah for mega die

Re: Bank Error Makes A US Man The World First Ever Trillionaire by Amadaz(m): 11:32am On Oct 08, 2013
why e be say i no dey get dis kind luck sef eeehh? everyday na so so suffer i go dey suffer.... nawa for me ohhh

Re: Bank Error Makes A US Man The World First Ever Trillionaire by Norasparkle(f): 11:33am On Oct 08, 2013
trust if he was a nigerian... he wld run go widraw d money ... call d pastor n say its a miracle pay his 10%tithe -instanta d pastor go turn billionaire....

Re: Bank Error Makes A US Man The World First Ever Trillionaire by Atk01(f): 11:33am On Oct 08, 2013
smiley nice one
Re: Bank Error Makes A US Man The World First Ever Trillionaire by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 08, 2013
Eneze1:

Berem, Berem, Berem how many times did I call you? you like money too much kai grin
Na who no like money? Money no dey beleful pesin at all! Just pray for this kind mistake miracle to happen to you! grin

Re: Bank Error Makes A US Man The World First Ever Trillionaire by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 08, 2013
That may be! Not only am i praying 4 my bank to favour me with such an error am also praying that once i recharge the N100 Credit i wanna recharge now, their will be an error leading to me being credited with N1,000,000. Till that happens i can now be watching movies 24-7 via streaming.., i'll open a Share n' Sell thread where i'll be giving out N500 daily and then the girls on Nairaland will suddenly start calling Bossforeva "My Sweetpotato". That's All

Re: Bank Error Makes A US Man The World First Ever Trillionaire by kzokul(m): 11:35am On Oct 08, 2013
I go 1st comot $1billion........... But make any bank no try dis kind error wit me sha coz e go turn 2 longggggg tinnnnn....choi.....
Re: Bank Error Makes A US Man The World First Ever Trillionaire by iknopro(m): 11:35am On Oct 08, 2013
God pls help me with this kind of money. Amen. Datz my prayer
Re: Bank Error Makes A US Man The World First Ever Trillionaire by dani1luv: 11:35am On Oct 08, 2013
No bank in Nigeria can make this type of error
Re: Bank Error Makes A US Man The World First Ever Trillionaire by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 08, 2013
Lilimax: grin grin ...The more reason this prayer won't be answered smiley.
Back to sender! tongue grin

Re: Bank Error Makes A US Man The World First Ever Trillionaire by 3ace(m): 11:36am On Oct 08, 2013
He already knew such amount of money will definitely be traced into his account and reversed hence, there was no need to display any joy wish will be cut short soon. More reason why he didn't bother to spend it personally. I like his spirit though because he could still spend a little for himself even though he knew it will soon be reversed.
Re: Bank Error Makes A US Man The World First Ever Trillionaire by trigar12(m): 11:36am On Oct 08, 2013
shocked :oshocked
Re: Bank Error Makes A US Man The World First Ever Trillionaire by Maczeelly(m): 11:36am On Oct 08, 2013
[quote author=berem]God please let Access Bank or UBA do the same mistake and credit me with 4Biliion naira! That is not too much to ask for. lipsrsealed embarassed[/quot
.....4billion 4 ur mind.....u better go work

Re: Bank Error Makes A US Man The World First Ever Trillionaire by eduson33(m): 11:37am On Oct 08, 2013
To His kids::Your Father was once a trillionaire **

super story

but omo see prayers! ^^

Re: Bank Error Makes A US Man The World First Ever Trillionaire by fittty(m): 11:37am On Oct 08, 2013
lipsrsealed
Re: Bank Error Makes A US Man The World First Ever Trillionaire by Lilchilz(m): 11:38am On Oct 08, 2013
dats what real niqqarhs called....COOL CASH WITHOUT STRESS which now equals to::::::::------>> what happen btw lekan and his pastor's friend

Lekan was in the house watching b.lue f.ilm
yesterday day night when his pastor friend
came visiting.
Immediately he entered, he shouted;
"brother lekan why are.. You doing this to
your selfl? Why are you watching corrupt movies? Oh
no! This is bad!" As he was
shouting he increased the volume of the
film why the girl in the movie started
shouting
"OoJesus! Take it easy!" The man in the movie: "Ohhhh my God. Give it to me harder!
Immediately the pastor looked at Lekan and
said: "Brother lekan, the only reason I will
pardon you is because the people in the
movie are born-again.
The way they call the name of Jesus makes me
love
them. Anyway let's watch it
together...... PLEASE SHIFT FOR ME JOOOR

Re: Bank Error Makes A US Man The World First Ever Trillionaire by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 08, 2013
dani1luv: No bank in Nigeria can make this type of error
Who told you that? I have seen someone mistakely credited with 6 billion naira and before he could go to the bank to withdraw some money,the mistake was reversed. Lol! Bad luck for the dude. grin

Re: Bank Error Makes A US Man The World First Ever Trillionaire by pwettyolly(f): 11:39am On Oct 08, 2013
If I were d one hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

D bank don hear am

Hux joking

Israel And Palestine Agree Gaza Ceasefire / In Ghana, Court Bars Economic Hardship Protest / Cameroun Gay Right Campaigner Tortured And Killed