Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,824 members, 7,828,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

US Man Swallowed By Sinkhole Under His Bedroom - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Man Swallowed By Sinkhole Under His Bedroom (23937 Views)

Bank Error Makes A US Man The World First Ever Trillionaire / US Man Wrestles Enormous Python In Florida. A State Record / Massive Sinkhole In China Swallows Building(video And Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Man Swallowed By Sinkhole Under His Bedroom by igben(m): 8:49pm On Mar 01, 2013
A man is missing, presumed dead, after a 30 foot sinkhole opened up under his bedroom in the middle of the night.

Jeff Bush screamed for help then disappeared, his brother Jerry told rescue crews in Tampa.

The incident occurred at around 11pm on Thursday in a suburb of Tampa when, the brother told the reporter, he heard a large crash, then his brother’s cries.

“I heard a loud crash like a car coming through the house and I heard my brother screaming,” Jerry Bush, said. He managed to get into his 36-year-old brother’s room and was shocked by what he saw

“All I seen was this big hole, real big hole and all I seen was his mattress.”

Bush jumped into the hole and started digging.

“I couldn’t find him. I thought I could hear him holler for me to help him.”

He added: “I know in my heart, he’s dead.”

The brother then had to be rescued by a sheriff's deputy, Douglas Duvall.

"When he (Duvall) went into the bedroom and saw the person in there, without thinking of his own safety he got down on his hands and knees, reached down because the subject was struggling to get out of the hole," Hillsborough County Lt Donald Morris told WTSP.

"He managed to get him out of the sinkhole before it took him away as well."

Emergency crews also had to abandon further attempts to reach the missing man as the sinkhole was too dangerous to enter. They were able to lower engineering equipment into the hole - which cannot be seen from the house, but which is estimated to be up to 30 feet across - but there was still no sign of life, the spokesman said.

Janell Wheeler told the Tampa Bay Times newspaper she was inside the house with four other adults and a child when the sinkhole opened.

"It sounded like a car hit my house," she said.

"I just want my nephew," she added through tears.

Neighbours on either side of the house have been evacuated and the building itself has been condemned. “The entire house is on the sinkhole,” the fire spokesman said.

culled from http://weirdnews247..com/

1 Like

Re: US Man Swallowed By Sinkhole Under His Bedroom by TableLeg(m): 11:53am On Mar 02, 2013
shocked shocked shocked
Re: US Man Swallowed By Sinkhole Under His Bedroom by ozodimgba(m): 11:55am On Mar 02, 2013
Re: US Man Swallowed By Sinkhole Under His Bedroom by searchcorp(m): 11:57am On Mar 02, 2013
Table Leg :
shocked shocked shocked

Poo. happens
Re: US Man Swallowed By Sinkhole Under His Bedroom by venorite(m): 11:57am On Mar 02, 2013
If to say name naija. Dem for Don set up commitee to look into the cause. Thank God things like this don't happening our country.

1 Like

Re: US Man Swallowed By Sinkhole Under His Bedroom by iamswizz(m): 11:58am On Mar 02, 2013
Begining Times

2 Likes

Re: US Man Swallowed By Sinkhole Under His Bedroom by braxjay(m): 11:58am On Mar 02, 2013
natural underground.
thank God he's alive to tell the story
Re: US Man Swallowed By Sinkhole Under His Bedroom by lefolksy(f): 11:58am On Mar 02, 2013
RIP dude

1 Like

Re: US Man Swallowed By Sinkhole Under His Bedroom by kekakuz(m): 11:59am On Mar 02, 2013
No where is save the end is near

1 Like

Re: US Man Swallowed By Sinkhole Under His Bedroom by ektbear: 12:04pm On Mar 02, 2013
Lord Jesus.

1 Like

Re: US Man Swallowed By Sinkhole Under His Bedroom by alphaconde(m): 12:04pm On Mar 02, 2013
Too much development.

1 Like

Re: US Man Swallowed By Sinkhole Under His Bedroom by baby124: 12:06pm On Mar 02, 2013
Death can come at anytime. Even in the safety of your room. shocked

1 Like

Re: US Man Swallowed By Sinkhole Under His Bedroom by CLIQBOY(m): 12:07pm On Mar 02, 2013
venorite: If to say name naija. Dem for Don set up commitee to look into the cause. Thank God things like this don't happening our country.
English is dead o

7 Likes

Re: US Man Swallowed By Sinkhole Under His Bedroom by Afam4eva(m): 12:09pm On Mar 02, 2013
braxjay: natural underground.
thank God he's alive to tell the story
Where did you get this from?

1 Like

Re: US Man Swallowed By Sinkhole Under His Bedroom by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:10pm On Mar 02, 2013
OMG! That house!
Re: US Man Swallowed By Sinkhole Under His Bedroom by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 02, 2013
Too bad___
Re: US Man Swallowed By Sinkhole Under His Bedroom by Goldenheart(m): 12:13pm On Mar 02, 2013
Movies...
Re: US Man Swallowed By Sinkhole Under His Bedroom by talktimi(m): 12:17pm On Mar 02, 2013
GEJ is at fault, he is a retardeen
Re: US Man Swallowed By Sinkhole Under His Bedroom by 190theclown: 12:18pm On Mar 02, 2013
rotfl at the sam loco's pic

laff wan kill me die for here grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: US Man Swallowed By Sinkhole Under His Bedroom by yuzedo: 12:20pm On Mar 02, 2013
A COUNTRY THAT WORKS!

See how many men and equipment were deployed for just this "small" incident. And going by the looks of the property, I don't think this is a rich neighbourhood. Tampa Florida yeah? Imagine say na Nigeria, where every man is a Local Govt providing his roads, security, water, power, etc. Sigh! I give up!

6 Likes

Re: US Man Swallowed By Sinkhole Under His Bedroom by Lakayana: 12:22pm On Mar 02, 2013
Fela said it all long time Africa man we ne dey carry ch*t we dey ch*t inside big big holes. They have excavated the whole of their cities everywhere is hollow now. That is the price to pay for enjoying the underground trains modern sewage etc. Everything has gone underground now even their people are going underground without dying first.

3 Likes

Re: US Man Swallowed By Sinkhole Under His Bedroom by olempe(m): 12:23pm On Mar 02, 2013
OMG!!!
Re: US Man Swallowed By Sinkhole Under His Bedroom by bory09(m): 12:25pm On Mar 02, 2013
Hum. Am thinking about eko atlantic city.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wildfires Raging Across Southern Turkey( Pics, Video) / Burundi President To Fire All Married Government Officials With Side-chicks / Coup Fails In Guinea Bissau: President Embalo Says Situation Under Control

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.