Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,161 members, 7,821,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Why Do Pastors Collect Tithes From The Poor, Widows And Orphans - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Pastors Collect Tithes From The Poor, Widows And Orphans (4921 Views)

Akulga Widows Pray For PDP Candidates In Rivers Over Assembly Rerun / COZA Church Gifts Widows Materials (Photos) / Why Do Pastors Shout When Preaching? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Pastors Collect Tithes From The Poor, Widows And Orphans by christemmbassey(m): 11:57am On Oct 08, 2013
Gombs:

Wow, this story is very believable grin , but...
When a man is a Judge and Jury in HIS OWN court!
I term that as "A serious case of desperation"

Sir, you can do better! The lies are not convinceable!
my brother, y should i lie bout a thing like that, to win tithe debate?, my bros, d church name i7 sanctified mt zion and d late gateman worked for prof Bassey Asuquo, d imediate past VC of unical who is my neighbour and d man was buried just last saturday, this ur tithe fraud is causing u ppl to commit more n more sin.
Re: Why Do Pastors Collect Tithes From The Poor, Widows And Orphans by Gombs(m): 12:18pm On Oct 08, 2013
^^
Is that suppose to be proof?
Very believable
grin

Ok I believe you! What next? grin
Re: Why Do Pastors Collect Tithes From The Poor, Widows And Orphans by Candour(m): 12:21pm On Oct 08, 2013
Gombs: What gladdens my heart is that NO MATTER the number of threads anti tithers open on a daily basis, irrespective of how they twist the topic to try and buy solidarity for their cause, they ALWAYS fail. The other thread where they opened to give testimonies about stopping tithing is a good example. Almost all comments are pro tithers. Funny enough, pro tithers don't proliferate threads ie open threads daily asking folks to tithe. God cannot be mocked. He knows his own. He is watching you all!

Name one anti tithe Church that has a global congregation! Or let's leave global level, how many of them have influence (membership base) in the country?

What's even more baffling is that, these tithing churches has brethren that are a million time smarter than folks who seem smart, by saying pastors eat tithes. I'm very smart, I don't do things I know don't work.

In other words, I'm saying to Goshen, Kunle, Christembassey, and their crew are your churches bigger and better than

RCCG
WINNERS
ECWA
COCIN
BAPTIST
METHODIST
CHURCH OF GOD MISSION
DUNAMIS
KICC
SYNAGOGUE CHURCH OF ALL NATION
CHRIST EMBASSY
ANGLICAN
CATHOLIC
DLBC
Just to mention a few

If you belong to any of the above churches and you still don't tithe, because you think you are smarter than those that do, I can understand why, but then let's watch and see how we all(tithers and anti tithers) end.

Emmm, Kunle, Candour has been unusually quiet lately. Hope he is in Good health?

grin grin grin

I'm very fine my friend and in perfect health. Nice of you to ask. Just being unusually busy these days.

Now according to your twisted logic above, until a 'Church' is big and visible like the ones you listed above, they are not of God. Jesus Christ our Savior must have been a 'failure' in your world because after a whole 3 years of ministry, he had only 120 disciples waiting in the upper room for the Holy Ghost.

Then God too doesn't know how to bring people to holiness because at the time of Prophet Elijah, only 7000 Israelites were true to Yahweh while the congregations of Baal were bursting at the seams.

Then Paul too was a failure because when he wrote to timothy, he complained that he was alone as all had abandoned him. People like Demas and co(probably they went collecting tithes as Paul didn't permit it grin).

The Catholic Church doesnt even push tithes the way you do so dont group them together with those pentecostal Churches listed up there. Even the tithes they collected in the past paid for the free schools and hospitals your parents and my parents including the parents of your gods of men enjoyed. Yet none of your churches today can boast of even free primary schools.

If size is what matters, i wonder why you're not with the Catholic Church which is so big that the Pope is equivalent to a head of state and has embassies in all countries. Of course that must mean the Catholic Church has smarter people than all those other Churches you listed above combined together

smartness doesnt mean a thing my friend. we've seen educated people who are dumb. For instance, do you know Ayman Al Zawahiri, the number 2 to Osama is a medical doctor? Do you know Osama himself was a billionaire who had a masters? Do you know how many professors who lectured you and your gods of men are atheists? Do you know Mohammed Atta, the ring leader of 9/11 hijack was on his way to a Phd in Engineering? but his smartness didn't prevent him from that very dumb act. my dear smart people do very dumb things too which explains the 'smart' people who can't read their bibles but wait for a smooth talking dude to give them his own interpretation.

My dear, God doesn't measure spirituality with size or smartness. That is why he chose the wretched of the earth to push the gospel and if you read the history of the early Church, those poor peasants and slaves brought the great Roman empire to its knees. see what Christ said

Matt 7:13-14
'Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:[/b]14.Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and [b]few there be that find it'

I hope your large gathering is narrow enough to fit into the strait gate? otherwise all your tithing and seed sown will only buy you a very big space on the road leading to destruction.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Collect Tithes From The Poor, Widows And Orphans by Gombs(m): 1:31pm On Oct 08, 2013
Candour:

grin grin grin

I'm very fine my friend and in perfect health. Nice of you to ask. Just being unusually busy these days.

Alright

[s]
Now according to your twisted logic above, until a 'Church' is big and visible like the ones you listed above, they are not of God. Jesus Christ our Savior must have been a 'failure' in your world because after a whole 3 years of ministry, he had only 120 disciples waiting in the upper room for the Holy Ghost.

Then God too doesn't know how to bring people to holiness because at the time of Prophet Elijah, only 7000 Israelites were true to Yahweh while the congregations of Baal were bursting at the seams.

Then Paul too was a failure because when he wrote to timothy, he complained that he was alone as all had abandoned him. People like Demas and co(probably they went collecting tithes as Paul didn't permit it grin).

The Catholic Church doesnt even push tithes the way you do so dont group them together with those pentecostal Churches listed up there. Even the tithes they collected in the past paid for the free schools and hospitals your parents and my parents including the parents of your gods of men enjoyed. Yet none of your churches today can boast of even free primary schools.

If size is what matters, i wonder why you're not with the Catholic Church which is so big that the Pope is equivalent to a head of state and has embassies in all countries. Of course that must mean the Catholic Church has smarter people than all those other Churches you listed above combined together

smartness doesnt mean a thing my friend. we've seen educated people who are dumb. For instance, do you know Ayman Al Zawahiri, the number 2 to Osama is a medical doctor? Do you know Osama himself was a billionaire who had a masters? Do you know how many professors who lectured you and your gods of men are atheists? Do you know Mohammed Atta, the ring leader of 9/11 hijack was on his way to a Phd in Engineering? but his smartness didn't prevent him from that very dumb act. my dear smart people do very dumb things too which explains the 'smart' people who can't read their bibles but wait for a smooth talking dude to give them his own interpretation.

My dear, God doesn't measure spirituality with size or smartness. That is why he chose the wretched of the earth to push the gospel and if you read the history of the early Church, those poor peasants and slaves brought the great Roman empire to its knees. see what Christ said

Matt 7:13-14
'Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:[/b]14.Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and [b]few there be that find it'

I hope your large gathering is narrow enough to fit into the strait gate? otherwise all your tithing and seed sown will only buy you a very big space on the road leading to destruction.[/s]

Jesus won much souls dan you can ever imagine. He didn't have just 120..u could call the 120 his leaders. That's why he said they shd teach everyone whatsoever thing he has commanded them. What abt the 5000 he fed? What abt those 3000, what abt those he taught by the see of Galilee? Etc

Even if he had just 120 folks, he said we would do MUCH MORE than He did if we believe.

Paul was the Bishop(like general overseer) of the 7 Churches in Asia and beyond...timothy was the Pastor of the ephesian church! Go study about Polycarp, iganatius, etc imagine the number of brethren he(Paul) had!

Infact your writ has no point but the usual lies grin

See as you lovingly described tithes in the Catholic church. why then don't you tithe? Abi the one they collect
is not tithe again? Come to St Murumba's Catholic Church here and see as Father Gyang ALWAYS encourage his flock to pay their tithes.

I gave up at your concluding speech. So the bigger the church the narrower it gets to fit into the 'strait gate'?

Lol

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Collect Tithes From The Poor, Widows And Orphans by Candour(m): 3:29pm On Oct 08, 2013
Gombs:

Alright

Jesus won much souls dan you can ever imagine. He didn't have just 120..u could call the 120 his leaders. That's why he said they shd teach everyone whatsoever thing he has commanded them. What abt the 5000 he fed? What abt those 3000, what abt those he taught by the see of Galilee? Etc

Those 5000 and 3000 were carnal people who were running after Jesus because of bread and fish just like you're running after Christ today for breakthroughs, money and other things. The way you talk about tithes is evidence of that. See what Christ said to those you take as good Christian examples

John 6:26-27
'Jesus answered them and said, verily, verily I say unto you, ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves and were filled.27. Labour not for the meat that perisheth, but for the meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath the father sealed'

See what they eventually did when they heard the truth

John 6:66
'From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him'

You too would stop walking with Christ if you are told the truth that Christianity is not a rose petaled pathway.

Even if he had just 120 folks, he said we would do MUCH MORE than He did if we believe.

And how many disciples do you personally have today? Your statement also mean that any Church not having a crowd is not a Church sanctioned by God.right?

Paul was the Bishop(like general overseer) of the 7 Churches in Asia and beyond...timothy was the Pastor of the ephesian church! Go study about Polycarp, iganatius, etc imagine the number of brethren he(Paul) had!

So Paul lied when he wrote that to Timothy right?

Infact your writ has no point but the usual lies grin

Let me tell you another lie wink

Some 1000 smart people followed Rev Jim Jones into mass suicide in 1978 thinking they were following a 'man of God'. Also millions of people world wide followed Rev Moon of the unification church thinking he's the messiah. Even after his death last year, they are still following his vision. So my friend, smartness still does not prevent dumb acts.

See as you lovingly described tithes in the Catholic church. why then don't you tithe? Abi the one they collect
is not tithe again? Come to St Murumba's Catholic Church here and see as Father Gyang ALWAYS encourage his flock to pay their tithes.

My dear, speaking for myself here, I respect the catholic more than all these your money grabbing Pentecostal churches. The good they did and still do for the community is evident even to the blind and not so smart people.

So you dont like the catholic church yet you put them in your list? Na wah for you. Its just the same way I love DLBC using tithes to feed hungry souls at their retreats without asking for special retreat offerings but that doesn't justify tithes for Christians. Freewill giving is what Christianity is about. Everyman as he purposeth in his heart, let him give....

I gave up at your concluding speech. So the bigger the church the narrower it gets to fit into the 'strait gate'?

Lol

Ask Christ who said only few would be found on the narrow strait road. Abi you stopped reading your bible at that verse too?

P/S; so you be Jos boy? Worked in Jos for over 7 years and played plenty football at st murumba field. I go catch you one of these days grin
Re: Why Do Pastors Collect Tithes From The Poor, Widows And Orphans by swtchicgurl: 3:55pm On Oct 08, 2013
christemmbassey: may b u don't know, or u r very dishonest. It is open secret dat in most churches in nigeria pastor owns d church n church money. So no need to form innocent here, if anybody should b mindful of judgement, it should b d fraudsters who r so hard hearted as to also steal from d widows, poor and orphans. Church workers r nt levites, don't decieve urself, oderwise, they suppose to collect tithes from members n pay tithe of tithe to pastor, or is it what they do in ur church? Try to b honest at least to urself, how many times has ur church help d widows, poor n orphans in a year if at all in comparison to d monthly ' i love my pastor' and sunday sunday prophet offerings, keying into and taping of annointing scam etc etc . Why we call most tithe collecjors thieves and robbers is bc of d same trick u av tried to use here, pls read ur post again, u 'll see dat it has d character of ur(tithe collectors) stock in trade, intimidations, threats, twists, ambushes, and clear dishonesty. Do u know there is God? N dat he's watching us!

It does not matter how many or how much 'pastors' or 'men of God' that abuse this issue of tithing/giving, the standard of God will never change! 2 Timothy 2:19

Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Collect Tithes From The Poor, Widows And Orphans by christemmbassey(m): 4:33pm On Oct 08, 2013
swtchicgurl:

It does not matter how many or how much 'pastors' or 'men of God' that abuse this issue of tithing/giving, the standard of God will never change! 2 Timothy 2:19

God bless.
what is the stamard of God, defrauding widows and orphans in d name of abolished tithe? I asked u a question, how many times in d year do u assist widows and orphans and d poor in comparison to monthly 'i love my pastor', after sermon-prophet offerings, seed sowing, annointing taping and keying-into scam u do every sunday for pastors. Intead of u to help these needy ppl u rob them with mal3:8-10. God will start judgement in the church in nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Collect Tithes From The Poor, Widows And Orphans by swtchicgurl: 4:46pm On Oct 08, 2013
christemmbassey: what is the stamard of God, defrauding widows and orphans in d name of abolished tithe? I asked u a question, how many times in d year do u assist widows and orphans and d poor in comparison to monthly 'i love my pastor', after sermon-prophet offerings, seed sowing, annointing taping and keying-into scam u do every sunday for pastors. Intead of u to help these needy ppl u rob them with mal3:8-10. God will start judgement in the church in nigeria

If the few I have said still hasn't answered your queries and what you need to know now is what i do to assist people? i'm sorry you can't know that. Goodluck in your kingdom pursuit.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Collect Tithes From The Poor, Widows And Orphans by Gombs(m): 5:09pm On Oct 08, 2013
Candour:

Those 5000 and 3000 were carnal people who were running after Jesus because of bread and fish just like you're running after Christ today for breakthroughs, money and other things. The way you talk about tithes is evidence of that. See what Christ said to those you take as good Christian examples

John 6:26-27
'Jesus answered them and said, verily, verily I say unto you, ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves and were filled.27. Labour not for the meat that perisheth, but for the meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath the father sealed'

See what they eventually did when they heard the truth

You too would stop walking with Christ if you are told the truth that Christianity is not a rose petaled pathway.

But wait first...why do you like lying? Y do you love twisting scriptures?
Are you saying Jesus fed 5000disciples? Go study again plz

And how many disciples do you personally have today?

You can't imagine

Your statement also mean that any Church not having a crowd is not a Church sanctioned by God.right?

Try being honest. Where did I say dat?

So Paul lied when he wrote that to Timothy right?

You said he wrote to timothy that everybody has left him...you can lie jooor. Paul had workers everywhere he went. Faithful men and women and also those who caused him grief. How does that equate to the fact that he had few brethren?

[s]
Let me tell you another lie wink

Some 1000 smart people followed Rev Jim Jones into mass suicide in 1978 thinking they were following a 'man of God'. Also millions of people world wide followed Rev Moon of the unification church thinking he's the messiah. Even after his death last year, they are still following his vision. So my friend, smartness still does not prevent dumb acts.
[/s]

I am God's super intelligentsia,I'm smart, intelligent and I have a sound mind, all because the Holy Spirit dwells in every fibre of my being. He is in my thought and deeds. You should invite him in, He would teach you ALL truth.

And I'm not joking when I said I'm very smart and intelligent. Call it bragging or being braggadocious
, or being whatever...na you sabi. Me I don talk my own-i spoke what I am in Christ

My dear, speaking for myself here, I respect the catholic more than all these your money grabbing Pentecostal churches.

Why?

The good they did and still do for the community is evident even to the blind and not so smart people.

Who said penticostal churches don't do the above?

So you dont like the catholic church yet you put them in your list? Na wah for you.

shocked
You can lie eh! Where did I say I hated or don't like catholics? I say the Nicene and apostles' creed a lot sef! Y wud I hate em?

Its just the same way I love DLBC using tithes to feed hungry souls at their retreats without asking for special retreat offerings but that doesn't justify tithes for Christians. Freewill giving is what Christianity is about. Everyman as he purposeth in his heart, let him give....

Why don't you give your tithe freely then?

Ask Christ who said only few would be found on the narrow strait road. Abi you stopped reading your bible at that verse too?

You too lie abeg! I shd ask Christ shey? SMH

P/S; so you be Jos boy? Worked in Jos for over 7 years and played plenty football at st murumba field. I go catch you one of these days grin

Hard core Jos boy! grin born and bred. I played football there till I hang boot. I can't wait to catch you, na my area be that. I will get you filled with the Holyspirit.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Collect Tithes From The Poor, Widows And Orphans by Gombs(m): 5:12pm On Oct 08, 2013
Switchicgurl abeg wait for me
Re: Why Do Pastors Collect Tithes From The Poor, Widows And Orphans by Candour(m): 6:09pm On Oct 08, 2013
Gombs:

But wait first...why do you like lying? Y do you love twisting scriptures?
Are you saying Jesus fed 5000disciples? Go study again plz

Were you sleeping when you referred to them as souls won by Christ? I showed you from the bible now that they were just carnal people pretending to love Christ and suddenly you want to deny them?

See what you typed with your own hands and tell me who the dishonest person is.

Gombs:

Now who is the dishonest person?

You can't imagine

Congrats on your huge following then. Wish you many more disciples.

Try being honest. Where did I say dat?

So what did you mean using your big churches to show how successful your tithe message is? Or you just listed the churches for the fun of it?

You said he wrote to timothy that everybody has left him...you can lie jooor. Paul had workers everywhere he went. Faithful men and women and also those who caused him grief. How does that equate to the fact that he had few brethren?

2 Tim 1:15
'This thou knowest, that all they which are in Asia be turned away from me :of whom are Phygellus and Hermogenes'

Oya go on and accuse Paul and the Bible of lying

I am God's super intelligentsia,I'm smart, intelligent and I have a sound mind, all because the Holy Spirit dwells in every fibre of my being. He is in my thought and deeds. You should invite him in, He would teach you ALL truth.

I'm happy for you that you're intelligent and its OK to brag about it. Now use that same intelligence God gave you to study the word and stop following gods of men so you won't be led on the broad way of covetousness to destruction.

And I'm not joking when I said I'm very smart and intelligent. Call it bragging or being braggadocious
, or being whatever...na you sabi. Me I don talk my own-i spoke what I am in Christ

grin grin don't worry, i don't doubt your intelligence. Just apply it well. Intelligent people can be led astray too like the examples I gave you.

Why?

They make judicious use of financial resources at their disposal for the good of a great number of people unlike most Pentecostal Churches

Who said penticostal churches don't do the above?

Go ahead and give examples. Abi you dey fear?

shocked
You can lie eh! Where did I say I hated or don't like catholics? I say the Nicene and apostles' creed a lot sef! Y wud I hate em?

I didn't say you hated them. Just didn't know you like them so much. You seem to know so much about the Catholic yet refused to know they brought tithe into Christianity in 585AD at Macon? Why is that?

Why don't you give your tithe freely then?

I give in Church bro but don't do any Pharisaical meticulousness to ensure it agrees with a percentage. As I purpose in my heart, so I give

You too lie abeg! I shd ask Christ shey? SMH

Yes o. Christ said few will find the narrow and strait road or is that not in your bible? Abi you want to call Christ a liar too

Hard core Jos boy! grin born and bred. I played football there till I hang boot. I can't wait to catch you, na my area be that. I will get you filled with the Holyspirit.

grin grin

Really? I miss Jos. Came for holidays last year. Will do it again. Met and married my sweet beautiful darling wife there and had my first child there too. Stayed at Rayfield then. Maybe I'll find time to make another visit soon. I'll like to see you, maybe I go give you tithe make you rest wink shebi you're of melchizedekian order grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Collect Tithes From The Poor, Widows And Orphans by Gombs(m): 9:01pm On Oct 08, 2013
^^
Funny fellow!

You can twist words eh!

Good thing you have J-Town blood grin
Re: Why Do Pastors Collect Tithes From The Poor, Widows And Orphans by christemmbassey(m): 9:14pm On Oct 08, 2013
Gombs: ^^
Funny fellow!

You can twist words eh!

Gombs, seriously, why are u like this?
Re: Why Do Pastors Collect Tithes From The Poor, Widows And Orphans by Candour(m): 9:18pm On Oct 08, 2013
Gombs: ^^
Funny fellow!

You can twist words eh!

Sharp guy......you can run away eh!! grin

Yes o. Love and miss Jos
Re: Why Do Pastors Collect Tithes From The Poor, Widows And Orphans by Gombs(m): 9:41pm On Oct 08, 2013
christemmbassey: Gombs, seriously, why are u like this?

How?

Re: Why Do Pastors Collect Tithes From The Poor, Widows And Orphans by Gombs(m): 9:53pm On Oct 08, 2013
Candour:

Sharp guy......you can run away eh!! grin

Yes o. Love and miss Jos

You want me to stay here and debate whether the 5000 were disciples or carnal men? You mean to say the 5000 men excluding women and children all left him and 120 remained? Is dat what you want me to debate?

Or you want me to strt listing out developing projects of churches other than catholic?

Or debate when tithes came into catholic church?

Or debate...

I can't wallow in these na!
Re: Why Do Pastors Collect Tithes From The Poor, Widows And Orphans by christemmbassey(m): 10:13pm On Oct 08, 2013
Gombs:

How?

stop pretending, bros, why are u like this?
Re: Why Do Pastors Collect Tithes From The Poor, Widows And Orphans by Gombs(m): 10:31pm On Oct 08, 2013
christemmbassey: stop pretending, bros, why are u like this?

Why am I a tither? Or why am I not on your team? Or why am I in Jos?
Re: Why Do Pastors Collect Tithes From The Poor, Widows And Orphans by Candour(m): 10:40pm On Oct 08, 2013
Gombs:

You want me to stay here and debate whether the 5000 were disciples or carnal men? You mean to say the 5000 men excluding women and children all left him and 120 remained? Is dat what you want me to debate?

Or you want me to strt listing out developing projects of churches other than catholic?

Or debate when tithes came into catholic church?

Or debate...

I can't wallow in these na!

You called them followers of Christ and I showed you from the bible that they were not. You wanted to deny and I showed your dishonesty. Bible said only 120 disciples were in the upper room, u said there must be others. Is it me you're arguing with or the bible?

You like asking for evidence from others, is it too much if I ask you for yours?

When Catholic church brought tithes into Christianity is not in doubt. The records are in black and white and are very verifiable. You know about the Nicene creed, you should check this new info too.

If you can't continue, no problem.

I won't force you
Re: Why Do Pastors Collect Tithes From The Poor, Widows And Orphans by Gombs(m): 9:05am On Oct 09, 2013
Pls show me where I said there must be others? I said the 120 were like leaders.

U can lie abeg.
U said the 5000 were disciples who later left him because they were 'carnal'.

Abeg I cnt continue.

Cheers
Re: Why Do Pastors Collect Tithes From The Poor, Widows And Orphans by Candour(m): 9:29am On Oct 09, 2013
Gombs: Pls show me where I said there must be others? I said the 120 were like leaders.

U can lie abeg.
U said the 5000 were disciples who later left him because they were 'carnal'.

Abeg I cnt continue.

Cheers

Once again what did you mean by this reply

Gombs:

in response to this statement from me

see how the bible described them

see those who remained after the feeding of the 5000 and his subsequent sermon to them

John 6:67
'Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?'

Keep arguing with yourself and the bible
Re: Why Do Pastors Collect Tithes From The Poor, Widows And Orphans by Splinz(m): 2:31pm On Oct 09, 2013
I think d questn shld b "Y do ppl pay tithe". Thithing is a divine ordinance required by GOD, so any1 dat does it do it b/cos its GOD'S WILL! U mus pay ur tithe weda u're rich, widow, orphan or poor, as lng as u hav d means!
Re: Why Do Pastors Collect Tithes From The Poor, Widows And Orphans by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 2:09pm On Oct 10, 2013
@goshen.
Since it might not be ok for me to start quoting others who have done well in justifying it with scriptures to save space and to avoid unnecesary repetition,but am sure if you are folowing the post you should have seen some.....
But the question is am yet to see any scripture saying widows and poor people should not pay tithe..did you have any?or dont u beleive in old testament that comanded tithe paying.....and old testament blessing..?
Re: Why Do Pastors Collect Tithes From The Poor, Widows And Orphans by PastorKun(m): 3:19pm On Oct 10, 2013
@Ayodeji
Deut 14:28-29 specifically states that widows and poor people should be given tithes. So obviously they were not expected to tithe. The problem is the twisted definition of tithes being promoted by hustlers today cause if we are to follow the biblical standard you would realise that only land owners who produced from their land were required to tithe and nobody else whether poor or even rich.
Re: Why Do Pastors Collect Tithes From The Poor, Widows And Orphans by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:21pm On Oct 11, 2013
Gombs:

Why am I not surprised?

Vultures of same bald head feast together- Mungo Park (1785) grin

Mungo Park got that one right.

"For wherever the carcass is, there will the vultures be gathered together" (Matthew 24:28).

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biblical Signs Of The End Times / The Message Of The Kingdom Of GOD / The Sons Of God (fallen Angels)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.