Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Should Couples Have Same Or Different Bedroom(s)? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Couples Have Same Or Different Bedroom(s)? (875 Views)

6 Arguments All Married Couples Have / Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? / Married From The Same Or Different Tribe? How Is It Going? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Couples Have Same Or Different Bedroom(s)? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 07, 2013
I have friends whose parent share a bedroom and friends whose parent stay in different bedrooms. I know they have their reasons for these but I don't have the courage to ask them.

So I throw the question here. Do you and your wife/husband share same/different bedroom and what are your reason(s) for this?
Re: Should Couples Have Same Or Different Bedroom(s)? by naz25(m): 3:18pm On Oct 07, 2013
it all depends, personally i think they should share a room when it is time for bed and other serious matters undecideda spare room for personal space wont be a bad idea.
Re: Should Couples Have Same Or Different Bedroom(s)? by mrsgreen: 8:47pm On Oct 07, 2013
Its depends on the purpose of the room. For me, I have a personal room, not necessarily for sleeping, but for my personal things and all. The bed room we both share is strictly for sleeping and related stuffs. If I don't have a personal room, the single room we share will end up been jamparked.
Re: Should Couples Have Same Or Different Bedroom(s)? by LewsTherin: 11:18pm On Oct 07, 2013
Some great man once said "to each his own"

When I was much younger, my parents shared the same room. Now being very opinionated people, they had lots of arguments and fights even. But they always made up. Afterall, it's not so easy to keep a running argument with a bed mate. Someone would usually break the ice.

But as we kids grew older and began to move out of the house, my parents moved into different rooms with the excuse of "needing more room for their personal stuff". They are still very opinionated people. They still have lots of arguments and fights even. But these arguments take longer to settle and resolve. Afterall, anyone of them could simply storm into their own room and slam the door shut.

When it comes to keeping different rooms, to each his/her own. In my case, I've got 3 rooms in my flat and it's only my Lady and myself but we sleep in only one room. Sometimes we change rooms but we ALWAYS sleep together. We both have our stuff in ALL rooms equally. No room is mine and none is hers.

And I mean to keep it that way.

1 Like

Re: Should Couples Have Same Or Different Bedroom(s)? by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 08, 2013
mrs green: Its depends on the purpose of the room. For me, I have a personal room, not necessarily for sleeping, but for my personal things and all. The bed room we both share is strictly for sleeping and related stuffs. If I don't have a personal room, the single room we share will end up been jamparked.
I think I like you method.
Re: Should Couples Have Same Or Different Bedroom(s)? by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 08, 2013
mrs green: Its depends on the purpose of the room. For me, I have a personal room, not necessarily for sleeping, but for my personal things and all. The bed room we both share is strictly for sleeping and related stuffs. If I don't have a personal room, the single room we share will end up been jamparked.

Same here . . .

I think like someone said . . to each his own!
Re: Should Couples Have Same Or Different Bedroom(s)? by kreamidiva(f): 11:27am On Oct 08, 2013
My parent's shared a room until mum packed out saying my "darling daddy" snores too much! embarassed

My FIL shared a room with my MIL until FIL packed out one very good day.

Hubby and I decided that we will share his bedroom together and use mine for other purposes. No packing out like our folks did!

But he still locks me out of his our bedroom when we quarrel. Why
Re: Should Couples Have Same Or Different Bedroom(s)? by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 08, 2013
kreami diva:
But he still locks me out of his our bedroom when we quarrel. Why

ROTFLMAO . . . . grin grin grin

That was a joke right? undecided
Re: Should Couples Have Same Or Different Bedroom(s)? by Afrocatalyst: 6:49am On Oct 09, 2013
Well, it's relative. I would say sharing the same room has its advantages and disadvantages. So with sharing difrent rooms.
Wen you share one room,there is better bonding and all that. You have a quarrell and you are able to solve it that same day because you share a room.
On the other side, your sex life tends to become boring day by day. The reason being that you see the same body everyday,almost n.aked and you don't get turned on again. Sex which shuld be a very important part of marriage,now becomes like a routine. But wen they share separate rooms,you dnt get to see that often and wen hubby needs it,he goes to wifey's room, well planned. Wifey on the other hand knowing that hubby has crossd 'so many rivers' to come to her, will give it to him as if it's their first time.
On the summary, sharing one room is best if couples dnt see any thing bad in loosing the passion in sex or if they can find new ways to keep the flame burning, AND having different rooms is better if they have the resources.

(1) (Reply)

Free Report: The Top 10 Signs Your Husband Is Seriously Cheating On You / *XMAS OFFER*!!! Lovely Brand New Sneakers For Sale, Check It Out »»» / 10 Quick Ways To Get Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.