Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

Atheism Is Not So Bad Afterall - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism Is Not So Bad Afterall (1816 Views)

Atheism Is Frustrating. / Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains. / Even Water Proves That Atheism Is False. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheism Is Not So Bad Afterall by okeyxyz(m): 7:02pm On Oct 07, 2013
I literally had an awakening yesterday from participating in this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/1464785/atheist-why-embracing-buddhism-not , I had to investigate whether there was more to atheism than meets the eye, beyond what seems the obvious and oversimplification of the meaning of atheism. I used to think that atheism was the absolute lack of belief in anything spiritual(though I still think there are atheists in this category. I suspect @weigraf, @logicboy grin grin), but I got better educated to know that atheism is just the lack of belief in deities, in other words super, omni.., omni.. spirit beings. But they do believe in spiritual activities, spiritual entities, spiritual cause and effects. So by this new knowledge, a buddhist is an atheist, a hindu is an atheist, an Ifa practitioner is (probably) an atheist and any other religion/philosophy without regard to the type of christian/islamic/jewish super absolute controlling God.

I must say this is a fresh air to my view of atheists. I'd always thought that since atheists had no spiritual/abstract guidance or conscience whatsoever, then they had no morals beyond what is forced upon them by the law of the land. This must incite some kind of phobia on the minds of religionists/spiritualists to think that somebody just doesn't give a damn what he inflicts on another person as long as the legal system does not catch him. So for the reason that there is (, I thought,) absolutely nothing in common between my mindset and that of an atheist, i had tended to forgo threads about atheists/atheism.

So nairaland atheist, am I unto something here or am I just deluded? Let us know.

Re: Atheism Is Not So Bad Afterall by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:12pm On Oct 07, 2013
Im just a spiritual atheist. I dont give a damn about what hater think about that.

But wait....whats is spirituality to you?
Re: Atheism Is Not So Bad Afterall by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 07, 2013
We learn something new everyday. Keep on searching bro......

Atheists just believe in one less god than you.....other than that we are like you
Re: Atheism Is Not So Bad Afterall by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:44pm On Oct 07, 2013
Logicboy03: We learn something new everyday. Keep on searching bro......

Atheists just believe in one less god than you.....other than that we are like you

A friend told me the very day I post something about Ogun that I shouldn't have tagged myself. He said im a young guy with fresh mind who want to explore many things.....his word still ring bell in my heart ""you are a seeker of enlightenment.""
Re: Atheism Is Not So Bad Afterall by italo: 7:45pm On Oct 07, 2013
What does "spiritual activities, cause, entities, effects" mean to Atheists?
Re: Atheism Is Not So Bad Afterall by Nobody: 7:48pm On Oct 07, 2013
italo: What does "spiritual activities, cause, entities, effects" mean to Atheists?

Werent you the expert on atheism?

You even recently told us that atheism is irrational....
Re: Atheism Is Not So Bad Afterall by Nobody: 8:01pm On Oct 07, 2013
italo: What does "spiritual activities, cause, entities, effects" mean to Atheists?
Bro, you're in for a long wait.
Re: Atheism Is Not So Bad Afterall by italo: 8:04pm On Oct 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

Werent you the expert on atheism?

You even recently told us that atheism is irrational....

It wasnt really me. It is Atheists like you that claim that any belief without empirical evidence is irrational. Atheism's claims lack empirical evidence. So it is irrational.
Re: Atheism Is Not So Bad Afterall by italo: 8:04pm On Oct 07, 2013
aManFromMars:
Bro, you're in for a long wait.

Lol.

Are you saying they cant defend their beliefs?
Re: Atheism Is Not So Bad Afterall by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 07, 2013
italo:

It wasnt really me. It is Atheists like you that claim that any belief without empirical evidence is irrational. Atheism's claims lack empirical evidence. So it is irrational.

Atheism is not a belief.

Fail.
Re: Atheism Is Not So Bad Afterall by italo: 8:13pm On Oct 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

Atheism is not a belief.

Fail.

It is a belief that there's no God or deities.

Blind faith. No reason. No evidence.
Re: Atheism Is Not So Bad Afterall by Nobody: 8:15pm On Oct 07, 2013
italo:

Fail

it is a DISBELIEF in the existence of God

a LACK OF BELIEF in the existence of God.
Re: Atheism Is Not So Bad Afterall by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 07, 2013
italo:

Lol.

Are you saying they cant defend their beliefs?
Na, not belief, but 'spirituality'... grin
Re: Atheism Is Not So Bad Afterall by italo: 8:39pm On Oct 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

Fail

it is a DISBELIEF in the existence of God

a LACK OF BELIEF in the existence of God.

Do you BELIEVE that there is no God? Yes or No.

Lol in advance.
Re: Atheism Is Not So Bad Afterall by plaetton: 8:40pm On Oct 07, 2013
italo:

Blind faith. No reason. No evidence.

Italo. You know that you are being silly.
Your reasoning is becoming very very childish. You know it.
Is this the best that you can do?
Are you off your medication or something?
Re: Atheism Is Not So Bad Afterall by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 07, 2013
italo:

Lol in advance.

Have you stopped beating your wife? Yes or No

Lol in advance grin

NB a grammtically correct sentence or question is not always a logical one

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is Not So Bad Afterall by turnstoner(m): 9:05pm On Oct 07, 2013
Common now!
Atheism is not bad at all grin
Their is no indoctrination
For example, it doesn't urge you to go and slit the throat of theists.
Re: Atheism Is Not So Bad Afterall by okeyxyz(m): 9:23pm On Oct 07, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Im just a spiritual atheist. I dont give a damn about what hater think about that.

Spirituality is the belief in phenomena and consciousness by methods outside of what is literally or scientifically reasonable. In other words: occult or paranormal phenomena. Spirituality is symbolism intensive, The basis of religions.
Re: Atheism Is Not So Bad Afterall by okeyxyz(m): 9:30pm On Oct 07, 2013
italo:

Lol in advance.

GBAM!!! grin grin ;

The answer to this question CANNOT be: "I know there is no God...". Since nobody knows everything, therefore "I believe.." accounts for the rest of everything you cannot possibly know.
Re: Atheism Is Not So Bad Afterall by italo: 9:34pm On Oct 07, 2013
plaetton:

Italo. You know that you are being silly.
Your reasoning is becoming very very childish. You know it.
Is this the best that you can do?
Are you off your medication or something?

You're usually not this rude...

...until you've totally run out of reason.

This much I know.

First you try logic; when you're being debunked, you switch to ridicule and humour; when you're out of ideas, you become logicboy.
Re: Atheism Is Not So Bad Afterall by italo: 9:37pm On Oct 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

Have you stopped beating your wife? Yes or No

Lol in advance grin

NB a grammtically correct sentence or question is not always a logical one

Buhahahaha!!!

Is someone seeing what I'm seeing?!
Re: Atheism Is Not So Bad Afterall by italo: 9:40pm On Oct 07, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Im just a spiritual atheist. I dont give a damn about what hater think about that.

Can someone please tell me the meaning of the bold.
Re: Atheism Is Not So Bad Afterall by turnstoner(m): 9:48pm On Oct 07, 2013
italo:

why don't you ask @FOLYKAZE?

He proposed it, didn't he?
Re: Atheism Is Not So Bad Afterall by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:26pm On Oct 07, 2013
okeyxyz:

Spirituality is the belief in phenomena and consciousness by methods outside of what is literally or scientifically reasonable. In other words: occult or paranormal phenomena. Spirituality is symbolism intensive, The basis of religions.

occult? Chai....spirituality is a personal thang.

Im sorry, my spirituality is not about yours.
Re: Atheism Is Not So Bad Afterall by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:30pm On Oct 07, 2013
italo:

All you know about atheist is logicboy, aManFromMars and other atheist on this forum.

Read about spiritual atheist here http://atheism.about.com/od/atheismquestions/a/Spirituality.htm
Re: Atheism Is Not So Bad Afterall by okeyxyz(m): 11:11pm On Oct 07, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

occult? Chai....spirituality is a personal thang.

Im sorry, my spirituality is not about yours.

From your reaction, it seems you are still living in the lies told by mainstream religion, media and culture of society. They use the word "occult" to scare us, make us believe that we are either diabolical or crazy when we practice or believe in occult phenomena. You need to free yourself from the herd control system of the majority. Occult and spirituality go hand in hand. A read through http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occult wouldn't hurt.
Re: Atheism Is Not So Bad Afterall by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:20pm On Oct 07, 2013
okeyxyz:

From your reaction, it seems you are still living in the lies told by mainstream religion, media and culture of society. They use the word "occult" to scare us, make us believe that we are either diabolical or crazy when we practice or believe in occult phenomena. You need to free yourself from the herd control system of the majority. Occult and spirituality go hand in hand. A read through http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occult wouldn't hurt.

What is spirituality? I know there are some spiritual practises in Occult societies but that doesn't make spirituality primarily Occult practises.

Im not scared of anything man...occult involve people, my spirituality is personal thang. Thats the joke
Re: Atheism Is Not So Bad Afterall by plaetton: 1:15am On Oct 08, 2013
italo:

You're usually not this rude...

...until you've totally run out of reason.

This much I know.

First you try logic; when you're being debunked, you switch to ridicule and humour; when you're out of ideas, you become logicboy.

He he he
Re: Atheism Is Not So Bad Afterall by plaetton: 1:18am On Oct 08, 2013
okeyxyz:

Correct.
Re: Atheism Is Not So Bad Afterall by plaetton: 1:21am On Oct 08, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

What is spirituality? I know there are some spiritual practises in Occult societies but that doesn't make spirituality primarily Occult practises.

Im not scared of anything man...occult involve people, my spirituality is personal thang. Thats the joke

Also correct.
Re: Atheism Is Not So Bad Afterall by plaetton: 2:18am On Oct 08, 2013
okeyxyz:

I could not have said it better.

I would like to add that the subject of alchemy is the precurser to modern empirical science.
Alchemy was a blend of physical science, philosophy and the spirituality.

Although derided today as a pseudoscience, My personal opinion is that alchemy is still a valid science, in fact, a higher science than our conventional textbook science.

Alchemy is still actively studied and practiced today under the guise of more exotic sounding names.
As far as I am concerned, alchemy is so powerful a science that it is deliberately taken out and hidden from the public domain .

Alchemy , known as spirituality to some, and occultism to others, is nothing but higher dimensional physics.
Scalar physics to be exact.

My position, which I have stated severally, is that the line between science and spirituality are getting increasingly blurry as we go deeper into areas like quantum physics and scalar physics, and as we deal with phenomena such as torsion fields, superconductivity, etc.

Take for example, the human brain. Brian cells and neurons are made of crystals and arranged symmetrically for optimum modulation and conductivity of electrical energy.
In addition, recent findings are suggesting that the brain , unlike modern computers, processes information through quantum mechanical processes.

In other words, the brain is a one of a kind room temperature superconductor of electrical energy, as well as a transmitter and receiver of electromagnetic impulses within and beyond our physical medium.

The brain, aka, the mind , as a superconductor, is capable of transmitting and receiving cosmic impulses beyond our physical space, inter-dimensionally.

This, if true, implies that man , when his mind is finely tuned, is capable of projecting his consciousness into and beyond the physical medium, to partake of , or merge with the primordial energy, even if only for a micro-second( in timeless phase).

This extension of consciousness beyond the physical medium is, what I suppose, the origin of the religious practices of meditation, prayer, revelations, and many other religious practices.

This is what the shamans, the prophets, the swamis of antiquity were practicing.
Re: Atheism Is Not So Bad Afterall by InesQor(m): 4:29am On Oct 08, 2013
@OP

I think you've conflated pantheists, panentheists, polytheists etc with atheists in your simplified redefinition. In short it seems like you bundled all non-monotheists into the same pile.

For instance Ifa worshippers are not atheists though an Ifa worshipper can have atheistic leanings. Same goes for Buddhism, the Buddha had strong atheist leanings but buddhism is not necessarily an atheist worldview.

(1) (2) (Reply)

COMET ISON: Could 7 COMETS All At Once Be Well Biblical? / He Sees Men Of Prophet TB Joshua And Dr. Chris Okafor. What Is The Implication? / Is The Third World War Coming?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.