Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,960 members, 7,814,250 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Why Do Muslims Recite Suratul Ikhlas For The Dead - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Do Muslims Recite Suratul Ikhlas For The Dead (774 Views)

Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead? / Do Muslims from Northern Nigeria have native names? / Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Muslims Recite Suratul Ikhlas For The Dead by FunnyPikincom(m): 9:43pm On Oct 07, 2013
I grew up as a Muslim and in my own right, I have vast Knowledge Of Islam. When ever someone dies,Our Alfa used to ask us to recite Suratul Ikhlas as many as possible. They claim that the More we recite it, the more blessing the Dead receives.

But is there any Quranic or Sunnatic backing for this
And why must it be always and only Suratul Ikhlas
Why not another Surat....?

Scholars in the House, Over to You cool cool cool
Re: Why Do Muslims Recite Suratul Ikhlas For The Dead by tbaba1234: 12:40am On Oct 08, 2013
From what i can tell, it is an innovation.

You say, you have vast knowledge of Islam, did you study anywhere? That is a very bold statement.
Re: Why Do Muslims Recite Suratul Ikhlas For The Dead by FunnyPikincom(m): 10:41am On Oct 08, 2013
tbaba1234: From what i can tell, it is an innovation.

You say, you have vast knowledge of Islam, did you study anywhere? That is a very bold statement.
Well, Im a Graduate of Islamic Studies,i just completed my master Degree in Peace & Conflict resolution with case study on Inter-religion crises in Nigeria...
I was bread and buttered in ILE-KEWU in Ilorin...lol cheesy

But You know what?, Im now a Matured Stand-Up Comedian, MC/Compere, Blogger and Social Media Marketing Consultant...
Most People hardly Believe a Alfa can venture in Comedy lol...

(1) (Reply)

Ramadan / Be A Muslim Today Or: / Evil Effect Of Sharia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.