Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,289 members, 7,846,318 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know - Nairaland / General (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know (29514 Views)

Some Disturbing Facts You Probably Don't Know About DEATH. / Random Photos Of Some Beautifully Decorated Areas In Lagos / 10 Random Facts About Yourself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (32) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by HezronLorraine(m): 8:47am On Oct 08, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: please don't quote me ,you are disgusting.
tongue shoooosh ur mouth dre.irritant.
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Danhumprey: 8:50am On Oct 08, 2013
But na who banned the moniker "Onila" angry Mods free her na. She is a cool gal! tongue

She just doesn't know what is going on inbetween her legs! lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by GHKWAME(m): 9:02am On Oct 08, 2013
Onila-is-cool:
Kenya plans to be the first country to withdraw from the ICC a.k.a World Court

A court that America does not allow its citizens to be sent to but sends other citizens to the same court, do you still insists its a "World Court"?.....
United States»Israel»Sudan»Iran....all don't recognise that court!
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by GHKWAME(m): 9:09am On Oct 08, 2013
Onila-is-cool:
Aliko Dangote is richer than Cape Verde and Lesotho combined.

That is because, Dangote does not build roads, pay teachers/soldiers/police/doctors/nurses etal....he also does not pay embassy staff, subsidise education, pay for elections etal..... Dangote is into profit, other countries are into Public service.
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by skyscraperTM(m): 9:26am On Oct 08, 2013
Kingmojo:

Wow, that's a lot. Do u guys have a dominant language that at least 70% of the people can understand apart from English.
yes we do. It`s the nigerian pidgin.
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Danhumprey: 9:32am On Oct 08, 2013
Onila-is-cool:
Nigeria has the highest number of African Students schooling abroad.
And you are one of them,right? undecided
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Danhumprey: 9:34am On Oct 08, 2013
Onila-is-cool:
Music Fact : 87% Of New Songs Made in Nigeria,most of the lyrics are not Found in The Dictionary
Lol........so true. They are just plain wack and annoying. angry
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Gboliwe: 9:39am On Oct 08, 2013
Onila-is-cool:
Nigeria was once the most second peaceful country cry cry cry cry

what happened Naija

we shall get back that peace

can someone say, Amen
amen.
[s] I cant believe I am agreeing with Onila [/s]
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Danhumprey: 9:42am On Oct 08, 2013
Kingmojo:

I can honestly say I don't find them funny at all. Now American comedians are hella funny. Kevin hart anyone
Why do you seem to hate Nigerians,biko You are the one making some Nigerians to hate Ghanians,thereby leading to some unnecessary e-war and rivalry!
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by GHKWAME(m): 9:56am On Oct 08, 2013
Onila-is-cool:
The Nigerian Music Industry is number 1 in Africa and every African musician are trying their best to be associated with it.

Not True, I think you are exagerrating.
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by GHKWAME(m): 9:57am On Oct 08, 2013
Onila-is-cool:
Nigeria records reduction in polio cases.

Ah! When almost all WestAfricans have eradicated it? Please come again.
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Nobody: 10:01am On Oct 08, 2013
i love this thread. I'm sure onila discovered some of these fact herself. Dats cool.
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by GHKWAME(m): 10:03am On Oct 08, 2013
Onila-is-cool:
"Nigeria is the only place in the world where the people can insult their leaders anyway they like and get away with it" President Goodluck

Hey! Kai! Where are you geting your facts from?
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by IAMBREEZY: 10:05am On Oct 08, 2013
Onila where re u
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Didi5(m): 10:10am On Oct 08, 2013
Onila-is-cool:
Boko Haram is waxing strong and he wanna offer assistance to Kenya?

what a dummy
You just someone's dad a dummy.Are you for real?Jonathan only condoled the good and well meaning people of Kenya and pledged his govt's support to fight terrorism in Africa,as is expected of a frontline state.That to me is diplomatic.Kenyatta's reaction was a pure display of ignominy!
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Didi5(m): 10:18am On Oct 08, 2013
Onila-is-cool:
In 1989, Philip Emeagwali won the Gordon Bell Prize, for developing the fastest supercomputer software in the world.
That is the was the end of the tale for Philip Emeagwali.The rest is scam!He wasn't even a genius as people claim.
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Nomski0(f): 10:54am On Oct 08, 2013
GH KWAME:

Even if every thing she posted is a lie(which is very unlikely by the way) there's no way you can argue that when it comes to music, Nigeria is not leading the continet.
Quit hating dude, life's too short.
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by skyscraperTM(m): 10:56am On Oct 08, 2013
without a statistics, more niqerians speak pidqin english compared to english itself.
i`m an advocate that pidqin should be made the official language of niqeria.
you can only find a niqerian quy speakinq english when tryinq to woo a qirl or qoinq for a job interview.
niqerian qirls on the other hand likes forminq alot, you will see them speakinq "enqrish" to the bus driver, the market woman, the quy on the street and to practically everyone they come across with. but when they qets home, you`ll be amazed with how tipical their accent is when communicatinq to their parents with their tribal language. it`s annoyinq sometimes when i hear niqerian qirls fake the american accent, sometimes i just laugh over it. if you think i`m lyinq, try listeninq to any radio show in your city. the only kindof niqerians that often speak english are the "ajebutters", especially children. but their version of english will qive boko-haram a run for their bombs. you`ll hear them sayinq stuff like...

"i will come and tell my mummy for you"

"daddy have come" etc.

sometimes i wonder where they qet those phrases from|

onila sorry for derailinq your thread¡
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 08, 2013
GH KWAME:

Who are ?
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Onilaiscool(f): 12:11pm On Oct 08, 2013
GH KWAME:

well many african artists from cote Ivoire, Uganda collaborate with our artists
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Onilaiscool(f): 12:14pm On Oct 08, 2013
GH KWAME:

Ah! When almost all WestAfricans have eradicated it? Please come again.
thanks to our backward Northern Nigeria

sometimes dey are like the backward Muslims in Africa

which maybe true
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Onilaiscool(f): 12:15pm On Oct 08, 2013
The Nigerian Music Industry grew from nothing to become among the Top 10 in the world in less than 10 years time !
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Onilaiscool(f): 12:16pm On Oct 08, 2013
Nigeria has the best Land Army in the world.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Onilaiscool(f): 12:17pm On Oct 08, 2013
Former American President Bill Clinton said Nigerians are perhaps the smartest people he has ever met.
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Onilaiscool(f): 12:18pm On Oct 08, 2013
In 2012,Nigeria became the fastest growing investment destination in Africa.
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Onilaiscool(f): 12:18pm On Oct 08, 2013
Nigeria has the most Universities in Africa (72),South Africa has the best.
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Onilaiscool(f): 12:21pm On Oct 08, 2013
Nigeria has the second biggest economy in Africa. South Africa has the best.
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 08, 2013
This thread started with facts and now they're more or less opinions by the poster

onila and her usual way of spoiling nice threads undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 08, 2013
Onila-is-cool:
Nigerian Comedians are the most loved Comedians in Africa.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 08, 2013
Onila-is-cool:
Nigeria has the second biggest economy in Africa. South Africa has the best.
Onila-is-cool:
Nigeria has the most Universities in Africa (72),South Africa has the best.
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Fulaman198(m): 2:24pm On Oct 08, 2013
Onila-is-cool:
"No matter how big a man's manhood is,it is not enough to frighten an African woman" #AfricanProverbs

Lol na so
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Fulaman198(m): 2:30pm On Oct 08, 2013
sкчscrαρεr™:
without a statistics, more niqerians speak pidqin english compared to english itself.
i`m an advocate that pidqin should be made the official language of niqeria.
you can only find a niqerian quy speakinq english when tryinq to woo a qirl or qoinq for a job interview.
niqerian qirls on the other hand likes forminq alot, you will see them speakinq "enqrish" to the bus driver, the market woman, the quy on the street and to practically everyone they come across with. but when they qets home, you`ll be amazed with how tipical their accent is when communicatinq to their parents with their tribal language. it`s annoyinq sometimes when i hear niqerian qirls fake the american accent, sometimes i just laugh over it. if you think i`m lyinq, try listeninq to any radio show in your city. the only kindof niqerians that often speak english are the "ajebutters", especially children. but their version of english will qive boko-haram a run for their bombs. you`ll hear them sayinq stuff like...

"i will come and tell my mummy for you"

"daddy have come" etc.

sometimes i wonder where they qet those phrases from|

onila sorry for derailinq your thread¡

Radio shows in my city don't speak European languages, they only speak African languages, they are not as Westernised

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (32)

How To Post On Nairaland / Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most / Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.