Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,661 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:40 PM

Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know - Nairaland / General (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know (29400 Views)

Some Disturbing Facts You Probably Don't Know About DEATH. / Random Photos Of Some Beautifully Decorated Areas In Lagos / 10 Random Facts About Yourself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by honorsam(m): 12:37pm On Oct 18, 2013
collynzo2: Gaynaian President Mahama visited the US and thought it wise to pose in front of CNN's logo and take pictures so that he can boast to his friends on his return home. This is a President we are talking about.
[img]http://74.54.19.227/GHP/img/pics/97709737.295.jpg[/img]
grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 18, 2013
Is the show over? undecided

Or are you guys "digging" for more evidence? grin
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by royale442(m): 12:40pm On Oct 18, 2013
PetroDolla: Better managed? utter crap. how do you define better managed? better managed and yet more than half of your citizens don't have access to electricity? https://www.nairaland.com/1314971/120m-nigerians-without-electricity-fg http://www.energymin.gov.gh/?p=346
better managed and yet life expectancy is a miserable 52, compared with 64 in Ghana? better managed and yet corruption is endemic? Nigeria is rated 139 most corrupt, Ghana is 64
better managed yet 90% of your people survive on @ a day, compared with 52% in Ghana?
just check out the UN Human Development Index for more comparisons.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_African_countries_by_Human_Development_Index

The World Health Organisation (WHO) says in 2012, 143 out of 1000 children in Nigeria died before their fifth birthday. In Ghana, 74 out of 1000 children died before their 5th birthday during the same period.

The 2013 Global DuPont Food Security Index, which measures food security in 107 countries by looking at factors like food affordability, availability, nutrional quality and safety, ranked Ghana 68 (3rd in Africa after South Africa and Botswana). Nigeria was ranked 86.
http://www.businessdayonline.com/New/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=40912:nigeria-ranks-low-on-food-security-report&catid=76:hot-topic&Itemid=564

fuckeduppedness

one thing i knw about these ghanaians is that they are always looking for the bad things about Nigeria as if they don't have their own bigger problems. Carry ur ghana must go comot 4 here jare, make we hear word. Why una no get una website like NL?
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Adamskuty(m): 12:41pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ooya goo down low...c'mon.. grin
Adamskuty: When charcants talk about having lights,it's a brand new day(time to finis y'all once and for all) grin

generator business is really booming in this part of the world........ (a lil population of 24mil. Yet so many haven't seen a glowing bulb) we know ur yard is unknown and irrelevant just because of that,don't think u can lie without getting caught grin grrrrrr hahahahahh!Btw there's nothing like phcn or nepa,those two exist no more,the power company has been privitilized
grin

Boom for generator set retailers in power rationing era
Most businesses seem to be affected each time there is a load shedding exercise.
But one area of business that keeps booming during this period is the generator retail business.
Most business owners admit electricity is a key component in ensuring growth in productivity. Therefore, during periods of power RATIONG grin business is affected.
“It is affecting our business,” said a business owner, “because when the place is dark the customers will not want to enter the shop”
“It also makes the office hot,” he added.
The situation has led to an increase in generator use by shops in Ghana.
TV 3 News’ Odelia Ofori visited some major businessesinthe Central Business District of Accra.
She reports that although most of the shops are not properly ventilated and illuminated, generators appear to be in each one.

Prices start from GH ¢800 for a 2.9 kilovolts-ampere (kVA)generator.
The largest size, which uses 25 gallons of diesel, goes for GH¢2800. Its capacity is 30 kVA.
Most of thegeneratorsellers admitted business is booming for them.
“It’s booming,” says a retailer.
“What’s happening is that because there is no light we sell them at affordable prices.”
Nonetheless, not all shop owners afford buying generators.
For these, interest-free loans from banks are gone in for in order to buy generators.
Others also engage sellers in negotiations in order to buy the generators on credit.
Sellers say that there has also been an increase in sales in generator parts.
“Previous power outage periods had made many people to purchase generators for which they now needed parts for replacements,” said a retailer.
Source: TV 3 News|Ghana
View the discussion thread.
blog comments powered byDISQUSback to top

http://tv3network.com/Local-News/boom-for-generator-set-retailers-in-power-rationing-era.html

hahhaha! There are even collecting interest free loan just to purchase a generator grin daaanq,this is serious... (i will call that place a failed state,u cant provide light for a lil population of 24million ,a country which lagos is bigger than) banku eaters grin
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by RoyalPearl(f): 12:42pm On Oct 18, 2013
carujmonella:

Lwkmd. Ghkwame, you can edit it all you want but I'll stand with what I said. It's my personal opinion. I love me some ghanian people. I love their women. I admire royal pearl and her beauty and maturedness on the BBA thread. No amount of diss or hatred will make me hate you or ghanaians. That's petty. I know you're ghkawme, you can deny all you want but I'll stick to guts tongue wink

I come in peace though wink
aww that's my nigga. Luv u 2 boo. You so damn sweet
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Adamskuty(m): 12:45pm On Oct 18, 2013
Ok grin #faints
Adamskuty: When they are talking u will think they are saints,,,o yeah like ur country is half as better? grin

21 million out of 25million (population of ghana) have no access to what? Ooh my! Ooh my.. ..check the ghanains newspaper headline..below
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by collynzo2(m): 12:49pm On Oct 18, 2013
Tag this photo!

Here is what some sensible Gaynaians said.
Author: maame Posted: 2013-10-05 07:25:33
he simply can't be serious. A whole prez? Just not matured!
[Author: i Knew it was coming Posted: 2013-10-05
07:25:40
President Mahama and his team last to know, social media first know. Can you immagine the king of Suadi Arabia doing this , what a disgrace./quote]
[quote]Author: P Adamu Posted: 2013-10-05 07:38:37
Will Obama ever pose in front of Aljazera No No No
Author: Togbe Posted: 2013-10-05 09:56:36
Please proceed to Disneyland and take a picture with Mickey Mouse. This JJC president.
Author: liv Posted: 2013-10-05 10:00:56
There are more pictures from Walmart and Target. For those who are embarrassed, simply tell your friends he is from Guyana and not Ghana.
Author: KOO Posted: 2013-10-05 10:01:59
Mahama is the most stupid and visionless president I have seen in the world. People are dying in hunger, on our roads, no water, no jobs, no electricity and few jobs are collapsing. Nothing seems to work in Ghana under mahama administration, yet he's vacationing and taking stupid pictures like a villager who just came into city. If love cnn so much why don't built one in Ghana? Stupid indeed!!
Author: my self Posted: 2013-10-05 10:47:58
President on a gay conference with vice Amissa Atta whiles his economy is fragile and people dying of hunger.
Author: Kyekyeku Posted: 2013-10-05 10:54:21
I am so shameful, i don't want my friends to see this , they will laugh at me, eiiiiii, the whole president of Ghana acting like a villager ?
Author: NPPFUO Posted: 2013-10-05 11:14:52
Guys allow !! The bole boy is in America for the first time let him enjoy !!
Author: Emmanuel Posted: 2013-10-05 11:29:45
Oh Ghana, this makes how serious president are. I always said we not serious at all as a country look at our currency we are not thinking about at and look at our president instead of him to be a serious about the country he's taking pictures. God Bless Ghana.
Author: Kwasi Posted: 2013-10-05 15:54:37
Mahama is just a Villager who has just comes to the City Kurasinni.
http://mobile.ghanaweb.com/wap/article.php?ID=287986&mode=comments

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by RoyalPearl(f): 12:53pm On Oct 18, 2013
^^ Those comments are hilarious. I really luv my gh peeps. Thanks Collynzo I needed that

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Adamskuty(m): 12:53pm On Oct 18, 2013
[b]blackout Hits Airport
Published onNovember 7, 2012
Kotoka International Airport
THE KOTOKA International airport in Accra yesterday received its fair share of the rampant power outages across the country as it was hit with total blackout for close to an hour.
DAILY GUIDEgathered that the power outage disrupted serious activities including landing of flights because the control tower could not function effectively.
To make a bad situation worse, the airport’s standby generator also failed to power the place on time for business to return to normalcy.
Sources said intermittent power outages had become the order of the day as the airport had experienced outages in recent times.
Passengers were livid at the airport over the incident as they virtually struggled for breath in the very hot arrival and departure halls.
The incident, analysts argued, somewhat dented Ghana’s enviable image as an attractive destination in the sub-region.
Airport sources informedDAILY GUIDEthatthe power outage occurred around 11:30am, lasting for about 50 minutes.
According to the sources, power outages had become regular features at the airport in recent times, costing the state institution huge sums of cash to power the standby generator.
“The power at the airport goes on and off all the time in recent times and we always rely on our standby generator immediately the lights go off. Unfortunately, I don’t know why the generator failed us,” the sources toldDAILY GUIDE.
It was not immediately confirmed the cause of the power failure from both the national grid and the STANDBY GENERATORS grin as engineers at the airport were busily working to fix the problem.
This worrying phenomenon happened at a time that the Mahama-led governing National Democratic Congress (NDC) and Volta River Authority (VRA) officials had initially promised to end current daytime load-shedding on Monday, November 5, 2012.
Ghanaians have also been promised that the load-shedding would end by the end of November.
Attempts to get official reaction failed as the Ghana Civil Aviation parried questions to th eGhana Airports Company. [/b]

http://www.dailyguideghana.com/?p=66239

ayaaah grin
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by royale442(m): 12:56pm On Oct 18, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan:

lollzz dont mind the retård
guy no mind them, naso i bash one of them sotey the guy deactivate him account ,e come open anoda one dey deny him nationality.
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by RoyalPearl(f): 12:59pm On Oct 18, 2013
Who is going to read all those long epistles. Onila should come and finish her thread
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Gbaragbara: 1:01pm On Oct 18, 2013
collynzo2: Tag this photo!

Here is what some sensible Gaynaians said.

fuckeduppenedness see this MUMU again showing his crass stvpidity grin grin grin President was invited by CNN for an interview and while he was entering the studio in Atlanta for the interview, the CNN crew politely asked him if they could take a phot of him, and he accepted. what is wrong with that?

Let me tell you something about your cassave-eating shoeless president

can you imagine your zoo-keeping( you know nigeria is a zoo,huh? and so it is natural you have a zoologist as your president,huh). as I was saying, your president was interviewed by small tintili girl Ishay sesay on CNN and your mumu president was nervous wreck. a whole president fo MUMU republic grin shaking like a leaf on CNN for the whole world to see the stvpidity of a mumugerian. what could be more embarrassing than that? your president was such a joke that small girl ishay him absolutely no respect during the entire interview grin grin grin

Read what some of your MUMU pals wrote

@ballabrigs
Yeah, I watched that interview between GEJ and aisha Sesey on cnn and I was ashamed to look at my TV sceen. jonathan was visibly shaking and breathing like someone who ran a marathon before the interview. Even the girl was suprised at jonathan's ineptitude. That day, I was so ashamed of jonathan as my president.

https://www.nairaland.com/1111588/sign-petition-invite-gej-hardtalk/1#13081552

even CNN rejected an advert from the MUMUs because they knew them to be a bunch of jokers sh1tnigeria grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by collynzo2(m): 1:03pm On Oct 18, 2013
I will be back later in the night, any one who writes trash about Nigeria will receive trash in ten folds.
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 18, 2013
collynzo2: Gaynaian President Mahama visited the US and thought it wise to pose in front of CNN's logo and take pictures so that he can boast to his friends on his return home. This is a President we are talking about.

hahahahaha..
Rotflmao
kmlualol
What a Joke....
President Bush

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 18, 2013
Up Nepa!!!!
20hrs nonstop Light in A Day..
I travelled from Gidiland to this dense forest 70mins from Owerri..
All my Life 've never seen so much bush...
Over hills n Valleys...
Yet there is Still steady Light..

Ejorrr patewo 4 Uncle Jonah
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 18, 2013
royale442: guy no mind them, naso i bash one of them sotey the guy deactivate him account ,e come open anoda one dey deny him nationality.

LWKMD
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Gbaragbara: 1:41pm On Oct 18, 2013
collynzo2: I will be back later in the night, any one who writes trash about Nigeria will receive trash in ten folds.

Collynzo2, why are you running away,huh? grin anoufia what a country.....sh1tnigeria grin grin grin

full of impoverished, brutish simple-minded eeediots. anyone with a brain has left as there is no hope there grin

collynsh1t, I have a job for you,huh?

VACANCY
AN ‘IMPREGNATOR’ URGENTLY NEEDED
A recently opened baby factory, operated by Wazobia Interprises, located at 18 Upper Iweka By Pass, Onitsa, urgently seeks to fill the key position of IMPREGNATOR.
The impregnator, who should be between 17 and 24 years old, is to phuck young, virile girls until they get pregnant. Ability to last at least 10 rounds of hot sex at a go is essential. The impregnator is required to impregnate each girl within a period of not more than one month!
We currently have 100 young gilrs waiting at our factory to be impregnated. We also have some 200 clients who have already made part payment for these unborn babies.
Salary is very attractive (in six digits), with lots of fringe benefits.
Send your application letters to P.O.Box 88, Onitsa. Only qualified candidates will be considered.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Nobody: 1:50pm On Oct 18, 2013
[quote author=Adamskuty][/quote]

Someone is butt hurt, I posted many articles that says Ghana is better than Nigeria. Most of the articles are from Nigerians themselves. Grow balls and stop throwing temper tantrum.

While I am providing articles and links to prove my point, u are ova here making asinine comments.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 18, 2013
Adamskuty: ur baby?? grin sorry,i dont think she will look at those from ur kind twice grin #our.women.got.pride grin even ur women desist y'all,so what chance do u think u will have with a nigerian girl? grin

u can keep on following her around like a pet dog grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_4fTs5cIqk
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 18, 2013
Adamskuty: When charlies talk about have sexy accenst,i spit grin

ur movies ain't even allowed in the 9ja economy anymore grin ,ur tiny movie industry we created and made to start producing average g@y movies grin

asamoah gyan the wide nostril ugly monkey speaks grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CICIkdE7BHU&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DCICIkdE7BHU

moda'fvckers,we got africa's best accent,6th sexiest in the world,hahhahahah!

Yet many people can't understand your accent. Go to youtube and read the comments people leave for nigerian movies. Your accent sucks and all your actors do is stream. It is a fact
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by K4: 1:55pm On Oct 18, 2013
Gbaragbara: fuckeduppenedness see this MUMU again showing his crass stvpidity grin grin grin President was invited by CNN for an interview and while he was entering the studio in Atlanta for the interview, the CNN crew politely asked him if they could take a phot of him, and he accepted. what is wrong with that?

Let me tell you something about your cassave-eating shoeless president

can you imagine your zoo-keeping( you know nigeria is a zoo,huh? and so it is natural you have a zoologist as your president,huh). as I was saying, your president was interviewed by small tintili girl Ishay sesay on CNN and your mumu president was nervous wreck. a whole president fo MUMU republic grin shaking like a leaf on CNN for the whole world to see the stvpidity of a mumugerian. what could be more embarrassing than that? your president was such a joke that small girl ishay him absolutely no respect during the entire interview grin grin grin

Read what some of your MUMU pals wrote

@ballabrigs
Yeah, I watched that interview between GEJ and aisha Sesey on cnn and I was ashamed to look at my TV sceen. jonathan was visibly shaking and breathing like someone who ran a marathon before the interview. Even the girl was suprised at jonathan's ineptitude. That day, I was so ashamed of jonathan as my president.

even CNN rejected an advert from the MUMUs because they knew them to be a bunch of jokers sh1tnigeria grin grin grin

I love this, Gbaragbara. haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa whole president of 180 million mumus shaking and breathing like he ran a marathn because of a CNN interview with one small girl from Sierra Leone? roforofoforofofo chei laugh don dey wire ma bell sa taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

heard their president hid himself in the toilet in addis ababa because he was too frightened to appear and address an AU summit grin grin grin what a big shame roforoforoforoforoforofo I can't stop laughing Gbaragbara abeg slow down for the mumus small,huh? chei, naija don suffer oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by K4: 1:57pm On Oct 18, 2013
Kingmojo:

Yet many people can't understand your accent. Go to youtube and read the comments people leave for nigerian movies. Your accent sucks and all your actors do is stream. It is a fact
hahahaha how can any sane people understand that gberri accent,huh?
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Nobody: 2:12pm On Oct 18, 2013
Adamskuty: When charlies talk about have sexy accenst,i spit grin

ur movies ain't even allowed in the 9ja economy anymore grin ,ur tiny movie industry we created and made to start producing average g@y movies grin

asamoah gyan the wide nostril ugly monkey speaks grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CICIkdE7BHU&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DCICIkdE7BHU

moda'fvckers,we got africa's best accent,6th sexiest in the world,hahhahahah!

Typical nigerian, can't debate for sh!!t, look at him getting butt hurt ova little teasing. I don't blame u generator fumes can do that to a person.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 18, 2013
Adamskuty: ur baby?? grin sorry,i dont think she will look at those from ur kind twice grin #our.women.got.pride grin even ur women desist y'all,so what chance do u think u will have with a nigerian girl? grin

u can keep on following her around like a pet dog grin

Onila is my baby, whether u like it or not. Damn dawg, it is not that serious. All the stuff I said about Nigeria are facts, non is made up.

Seriously if u want to go ham, then I am ready. U need to really get some pssy, because it seems that u are backed up. No reasonable man whine and b!!tch like you. Go change oil now, now
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 18, 2013
Adamskuty: Hussy hussy ghana grin shame unto y'all,i will keep on exposing y'all accra resident grin woooo wooo! Hide your faces grin

a tiny land of 24million still struggling to give electricity to its people (equivalent to lagos state) grin shame..

Y'all new king of scammers need to see this grin a community 2hours drive from accra havent seen a glowing bulb before,infact they make use of bamboon torch grin no money to buy kerosene for their lanterns grin

[b] Living without electricity
Report from Ghana
Tekyikrom is about a two-hour drive from Ghana’s capital Accra, but to reach it involves climbing the hill beyond the town of Pukrom, which is hectic and risky. On arrival one finds a very small community of about one hundred people: mainly pineapple farmers, their children and grandchildren.
The first person I talked to was Madam Adwoa Oparebea. She is 66 years old, has seven children and many grandchildren. I asked her:"What happensinthis village when the sun goes down?"She replied:"We see nothing. All we have is darkness.Nonight activity."

"You see nothing at all?"I probed."So don’t you do anything at all at night?"I continued. She smiled and said:"I cook, we eat, we bath, we sleep. We wake up, sweep, go to the farm, we fetch water , we cook again, we eat, go to the farm and that cycle goes on."

Bamboo torch
My next question was:"What type of light do you use since you don’t haveelectricity?"At this point she entered her room and came out with an invention I have never come across any where in Ghana before: a bamboo torch.

She sat by her husband and told me what it was:"This is a bamboo torch. Kerosene is expensive so we have stopped using lanterns. A certain young boy came to this village and he invented this. Today, it is used miles and miles around. What we do is break open a torch light. Take out the light system, connect wires to it and then we remove the old batteries from our radios, arrange them into a plank of bamboo and connect wires to it. At least this way, when you wake up at night, you don’t stumble." 

‘Electricity never comes’
Madam Adwoa Oparebea cannot understand why the government has not given Tekyikrom electricity."They say it will come but it never comes. They’ve been promising us for the past ten years so we don’t know if it will ever come, but we’ll appreciate it when it comes.

Twenty-three year old teacher Mercy Peprah’s story isn’t any different. After lecturing me about how they all have to crawl into their beds once night falls, I asked her:"So how do you prepare your lesson notes?""I always have to finish that before 4:00 pm. At least if we getelectricity, I can study more to improve myself as a teacher".

Expensive kerosene
Josephine Kwafo is a fourteen-year-old student of Aburi Amanfo L.A Primary. She actually livesinanother village but she’s here to help her grandmother, Madam Adwoa Oparebea, who has hurt her finger and toe. She’sinclass six and preparing for the exams that will take her to Junior High School. She said:"Even though kerosene is expensive, my parents manage to buy some for me so I can learn at night. But I put out the light immediately I finish learning."

Tekyikrom is a village of farmers. One of them is Kwadwo Ambulley. He is twenty-six, married and has a pineapple farm. He answered my questions with a smile:"Darkness is all that happens here. When it is full moon, it is different. I asked:"Do you think you need electricity, what will you use it for?"He replied:"At least we can find our way to the toilet when we have electricity." [/b]

http://www.lighting.philips.com/main/application_areas/solarlighting/without_electricity.wpd

Whatever u say about Ghana then Nigeria must 10x worser than that, because majority of rich nigerian choose to live in Ghana rather than Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by theshadyexpress(m): 2:19pm On Oct 18, 2013
Kingmojo:

Whatever u say about Ghana then Nigeria must 10x worser than that, because majority of rich nigerian choose to live in Ghana rather than Nigeria.
typical Ghanian English....too much gbagaun
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 18, 2013
Nigellus_Hosan: They always claim To be Better than their African Colleagues...
That's y they'll never progress..
We Nigerians know everybody claims to be better than us..
That's y we all always try to b better n eventually we would be better than all..
Obrafour make ur days on NL when i become a mod I'll ban u till when Ghana gets a dream...
Maybe 3013..

Seriously, Nigeria is the shittiest country in west Africa. Just a fact deal with it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by theshadyexpress(m): 2:21pm On Oct 18, 2013
the last time I checked no Ghanian is among the top ten richest in Africa.....at least that's were u desperate the boys from the men

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32)

What Is That Bad Habit You Wish To Leave In 2017? / 10 Unique Things That Are Common In Lagos / Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.