Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,382 members, 7,812,123 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know - Nairaland / General (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know (29414 Views)

Some Disturbing Facts You Probably Don't Know About DEATH. / Random Photos Of Some Beautifully Decorated Areas In Lagos / 10 Random Facts About Yourself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (32) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Onilaiscool(f): 6:02am On Oct 08, 2013
The Nigerian city of Kano in 1851 produced an estimated 10 million pairs of sandals and 5 million hides each year for export.
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Onilaiscool(f): 6:02am On Oct 08, 2013
The mediaeval Nigerian city of Benin was built to “a scale comparable with the Great Wall of China”.
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Nobody: 6:03am On Oct 08, 2013
Onila-is-cool:
Ghanaians are much more liberal

when I went to Ghana, women dress half naked n walk freely in public

in Nigeria, the motorcycle men throw u water when they see ladies dress skimpy

all my friends studying in Ghana, love it there
dey are rocking their half-tops, low waist n cleavage in Ghana tongue

Ghana much more civilized
Gosh, I didnt say that lipsrsealed

We can't help but to
Be civilize, it is something that we were born with. The British once said the Ashanti's were the most civilized Africans and the powerful tribe that they have ever encountered. Not that we need validation from them but u can't help but notice this when u come across a Ghanaian.
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Onilaiscool(f): 6:04am On Oct 08, 2013
Delta State Government claims to be the fastest growing economy in West Africa.
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Onilaiscool(f): 6:05am On Oct 08, 2013
Statistics show that only 2% of Nigerian women use female condoms.
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Nobody: 6:06am On Oct 08, 2013
Onila-is-cool:
Nigeria - Nollywood, Ghana - Ghollywood, Somalia - Somaliwood

Gosh I cringe every time I hear the name Ghollywood. Somalia is producing movies, shouldn't they learn how to feed themselves and how to keep flies of their face before they think about movies.
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Onilaiscool(f): 6:06am On Oct 08, 2013
Igbos love money,Yorubas love to celebrate,Hausas love power,Urhobos love to give birth to children,Edos love visas,Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Onilaiscool(f): 6:07am On Oct 08, 2013
The Yorubas loves celebration more than any tribe in the world. (especially those living in Ibadan and Ijebu land)
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Onilaiscool(f): 6:09am On Oct 08, 2013
Kenya's Uhuru Kenyatta told Nigeria's President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan to handle his own war on terrorism that his own is worst than his.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Onilaiscool(f): 6:09am On Oct 08, 2013
Bellanaija is the most visited fashion blog in Africa.
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Onilaiscool(f): 6:10am On Oct 08, 2013
PDP is the biggest Political Party in Africa.
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Onilaiscool(f): 6:11am On Oct 08, 2013
Alhaji Aliko Dangote, this year became the first black man to amass assets worth up to $20billion
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Onilaiscool(f): 6:12am On Oct 08, 2013
Niger state got its title "The Power State" because it produces the majority of the electricity in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Onilaiscool(f): 6:12am On Oct 08, 2013
Patience Jonathan once paid an unscheduled visit to the Nigeria Law School (NLS) in Bwari & doled out a total of N1,650,000 to the students.
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Nobody: 6:14am On Oct 08, 2013
Onila-is-cool:
Kenya's Uhuru Kenyatta told Nigeria's President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan to handle his own war on terrorism that his own is worst than his.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

That was ignorant of Goodluck, is great that he was put in his place.
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Onilaiscool(f): 6:15am On Oct 08, 2013
Nigerian Comedians are the most loved Comedians in Africa.
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Onilaiscool(f): 6:15am On Oct 08, 2013
Abuja has been ranked as the 2nd MOST EXPENSIVE CITY in Africa while Lagos is 4th according to a research by the EIU Index

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Onilaiscool(f): 6:18am On Oct 08, 2013
Kingmojo:

That was ignorant of Goodluck, is great that he was put in his place.
Boko Haram is waxing strong and he wanna offer assistance to Kenya?

what a dummy
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Nobody: 6:19am On Oct 08, 2013
Onila-is-cool:
Abuja has been ranked as the 2nd MOST EXPENSIVE CITY in Africa while Lagos is 4th according to a research by the EIU Index

Is that a good thing?
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Onilaiscool(f): 6:20am On Oct 08, 2013
The largest five oil companies’ collective revenues exceed the GDP of all of Africa.

undecided undecidedSHAME
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Onilaiscool(f): 6:21am On Oct 08, 2013
Nigerian woman, Ajibola Obabiyi wins Muslim World Beauty Pageant in Indonesia.
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Onilaiscool(f): 6:22am On Oct 08, 2013
Dangote Sugar is the largest sugar refinery in Africa and the 3rd largest in the world.
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Nobody: 6:22am On Oct 08, 2013
Onila-is-cool:
Nigerian Comedians are the most loved Comedians in Africa.

I can honestly say I don't find them funny at all. Now American comedians are hella funny. Kevin hart anyone
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Onilaiscool(f): 6:22am On Oct 08, 2013
In 1989, Philip Emeagwali won the Gordon Bell Prize, for developing the fastest supercomputer software in the world.
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Onilaiscool(f): 6:23am On Oct 08, 2013
Kingmojo:

I can honestly say I don't find them funny at all. Now American comedians are hella funny. Kevin hart anyone

I find Nigerian Basketmouth quite funny

well only him
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Nobody: 6:24am On Oct 08, 2013
Somewhere in America Miley Cyrus is still twerking
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Nobody: 6:25am On Oct 08, 2013
Onila-is-cool:

I find Nigerian Basketmouth quite funny

well only him

I am going to check him out.
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Onilaiscool(f): 6:26am On Oct 08, 2013
Nigerian Celebrities are the most unfriendly in Africa
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Nobody: 6:27am On Oct 08, 2013
Onila-is-cool:
Nigerian Celebrities are the most unfriendly in Africa

How did u come up with that?
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Amanyanabo(m): 6:27am On Oct 08, 2013
Kingmojo:

Wow, that's a lot. Do u guys have a dominant language that at least 70% of the people can understand apart from English.
yeah,pidgin english
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Onilaiscool(f): 6:29am On Oct 08, 2013
The Igbo accent is the most unsexy in Nigeria but its good for business.

cheesy
Re: Nigerian Random Facts! you didn't know by Nobody: 6:31am On Oct 08, 2013
Onila-is-cool:
The Igbo accent is the most unsexy in Nigeria but its good for business.

cheesy

I like the accent of this lady. The one at the beginning of this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVLvMGzsHFk

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (32)

Top 7 Things That Consume Nigerians’ Money Most / 10 Unique Things That Are Common In Lagos / Something Is Generally Wrong With Nigerians!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.