Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,157 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Eating Healthy In Nigeria. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Eating Healthy In Nigeria. (1296 Views)

Plan To Eat Healthy In Nigeria(must See) / Pls Amakaone And Co I Need A Healthy Food Time Table For My Family / Healthy Wok Lagos, Nigeria - Is All About Eating Healthy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eating Healthy In Nigeria. by shariifah(f): 1:47am On Oct 08, 2013
How do we maintain a balance without being a fanatic either side? I love good food,at least the make. I want to give the joy of eating lovely,fresh and tasty snacks,yet want to make it safe for consumption in terms of artificial additives such as preservative and flavours! Do you think Nigerians or Lagosians will open their arms to the fact their meals is enriched with herbs and spices without the taste of seasoning cubes,they will have agbado ibe eni (today's corn) in their fried rice and their snacks won't last the money paid for at shelf life?
Re: Eating Healthy In Nigeria. by Deen4me(m): 2:44am On Oct 08, 2013
What are you getting at here mysterio grin

Can snacks be tasty and healthy

Well my opinion is when all the processed foods start showing up in the wrong places (pot belle,saddle bags) you will be forced to change your habits.

Personally i prefer to go all natural, but options are limited, so this is a welcomed change

So give me the good hook up wink

1 Like

Re: Eating Healthy In Nigeria. by shariifah(f): 8:12am On Oct 16, 2013
smiley,thanks. We actually have started a business of tasty,and free from artificial additives a while now. So far we have not had complaints about our snacks not having long shelf life. What we want now is to know how the larger public will accept us. We want to know if Nigerians are ready paying for cakes that have short shelf live,and meals that uses spices and herbs for great healthy taste!
Re: Eating Healthy In Nigeria. by Deen4me(m): 9:26am On Oct 16, 2013
shariifah: smiley,thanks. We actually have started a business of tasty,and free from artificial additives a while now. So far we have not had complaints about our snacks not having long shelf life.

This is probably due to the fact that their isnt much electricity to go around. wink

And we Nigerians can eat anything, anywhere ,anytime. The other day i saw a thread about someone eating swallow inside Danfo cheesy I hail.

shariifah: smiley,What we want now is to know how the larger public will accept us.

It depends on what you have to offer , have you defined your Genre yet ? Don't make the mistake of getting lumped up into the same group of multitude confectioneries out there.

shariifah: We want to know if Nigerians are ready paying for cakes that have short shelf live,and meals that uses spices and herbs for great healthy taste!

Personally I am more interested in eating healthy, the lack of options of nartural carbs as against refined carbs will be a good place to start.

And spices and herbs do increase metabolism so that's also good.

So i prefer eating healty

We do need to know

1 Like

Re: Eating Healthy In Nigeria. by shariifah(f): 12:41pm On Oct 16, 2013
Well what we do is different,we want a feel of home,snacks that makes you think you are home. African and continentals meals that taste different from the norm,enriched with spices and herbs. We make snacks,and make sure to be very careful of what we add. This makes our overhead cost a bit expensive as we use real buttter,chocolates and such to avoid artificial additives.
Re: Eating Healthy In Nigeria. by shariifah(f): 12:51pm On Oct 16, 2013
We are starting with NOT using artificial additives,such as flavours,preservatives we use the real deal! As for low carb,we are sneaking that in wink, people are used to a particular taste and often weary of trying new taste or feel especially when they are paying for it! We are starting with our chocolate chips oat meal cookies,then we move on from there smiley .
Re: Eating Healthy In Nigeria. by Deen4me(m): 3:46pm On Oct 16, 2013
Enough with the theory smiley

Its now time for practicals

So how do we get to assess your works wink

1 Like

Re: Eating Healthy In Nigeria. by shariifah(f): 7:28pm On Oct 16, 2013
#Laughing cheesy ,now you are talking! I don't know if its allowed here to post our FB page link,do you know? You could check out some things there and we can continue the gist over there wink?
Re: Eating Healthy In Nigeria. by Deen4me(m): 8:03pm On Oct 16, 2013
Don't think there should be any issues about fb links on NL

1 Like

Re: Eating Healthy In Nigeria. by shariifah(f): 10:01pm On Oct 16, 2013
Here is our FB page link,the name of our page is Mama's Delight S&S,its a new page,started just around Ramadhaan. Here it is https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=301178433338982&ref=pf ! Hope you'll enjoy visiting,you are welcome to ask any question,in line with food of course smiley.
Re: Eating Healthy In Nigeria. by Deen4me(m): 10:32pm On Oct 16, 2013
shariifah: Here is our FB page link,the name of our page is Mama's Delight S&S,its a new page,started just around Ramadhaan. Here it is https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=301178433338982&ref=pf ! Hope you'll enjoy visiting,you are welcome to ask any questions,in line with food of course smiley.

Nice , seems you already have a fan base wink

How Long have you been in Business ?

1 Like

Re: Eating Healthy In Nigeria. by shariifah(f): 9:04am On Oct 17, 2013
Yes,some smiley! We have been on seriously for over 2years now,but have started much longer!

(1) (Reply)

I Really Need Cooking Help / How Make Delicious Green Banana Porridge / Get Cheaper Freezers And Chillers! - For Food Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.