Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,598 members, 7,820,146 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

'Prince' Yilkyes Bal Behind UK Migration Scam' - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 'Prince' Yilkyes Bal Behind UK Migration Scam' (15064 Views)

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. / America Is One If Not The Best Place For Migration And High Rate Of Success (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Prince' Yilkyes Bal Behind UK Migration Scam' by mckayne: 6:08am On Oct 08, 2013
A Nigerian prince ran a huge illegal immigration racket in the UK, a court was told yesterday.

Dr Yilkyes Bala, 54, was accused of using a complex web of security companies to mask a ‘systematic attack’ on Britain’s borders over eight years.

The African royal allegedly used dozens of refugee passports passed to him by a corrupt Home Office official to give fellow Nigerians new identities.

He then employed them and gave them references so they could ‘hit the jackpot’ and obtain a National Insurance number, giving them full rights of citizenship.

Bala even conspired with others to give his second wife and his brother false identities so they could join him at his home in South-East London, the jury heard.

He is on trial with six others – including his wife and ex-wife.

Simon Farrell QC, prosecuting, told Canterbury Crown Court the case was a ‘systematic attack against our immigration laws which took place over many years’.

‘In various ways all these defendants were involved in assisting individuals who had no right to be in the UK to live and work here,’ he added.

‘A corrupt Home Office official, since convicted of misconduct in a public office, assisted by providing hundreds of improperly issued refugee passports.’

Bala referred to himself as ‘His Royal Highness Prince Yilkyes Bala Tonglele PhD State Crown Prince’, the jury heard.

The court was told he runs the Armour Group of companies, which supplies private security guards.

It is linked to other firms including ABC Guarding Ltd, which became Mayfair and Knightsbridge Guarding Ltd in 2006.

Other defendants had senior roles, such as heads of finance and operations.
The Nigerian prince is on trial with six others ¿ including his wife and ex-wife - at Canterbury Crown Court (pictured)

The African royal is on trial with six others - including his wife and ex-wife - at Canterbury Crown Court (above)

Mr Farrell said they ‘must have known that these people [illegal immigrants] were changing their identities’, adding: ‘Armour Group wrote references so they could get National Insurance numbers … This is quite sophisticated.

‘What happens is you get one of these passports and then you get a National Insurance number, then you really hit the jackpot … because you can live and work and be here at will.’

The headquarters of Armour Group, in Woolwich, south-east London, received 81 illicit refugee passports, the court heard.

After Bala was arrested, he attempted to blame the property’s receptionist for orchestrating the scam, Mr Farrell said.
'Systematic attack': The Nigerian prince allegedly used dozens of refugee passports passed to him by a corrupt Home Office official to give fellow Nigerians new identities

'Systematic attack': The Nigerian prince allegedly used dozens of refugee passports passed to him by a corrupt Home Office official to give fellow Nigerians new identities

The documents are meant for those claiming asylum in Britain, often fleeing religious or political persecution.

But the Home Office worker was illicitly applying for them in the name of non-existent relatives of real refugees.

She then passed them to Bala and other defendants who are accused of using them to help illegal immigrants stay in the UK.

All seven defendants deny conspiracy to breach immigration law between February 2003 and June 2011 and other immigration offences.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2449225/Nigerian-prince-Dr-Yilkyes-Bala-massive-migration-scam-Royal-accused-running-complex-web-companies-systematic-attack-British-borders.html#ixzz2h6VoIILF
Re: 'Prince' Yilkyes Bal Behind UK Migration Scam' by Burger01(m): 6:34am On Oct 08, 2013
Why are Nigerians this corrupt? Nigeria this... Nigeria that.

Smh.

sad
Re: 'Prince' Yilkyes Bal Behind UK Migration Scam' by ijeoma100: 8:04am On Oct 08, 2013
State Crown Prince? Hahaha!
Re: 'Prince' Yilkyes Bal Behind UK Migration Scam' by suxes2005(m): 8:10am On Oct 08, 2013
Which state? Any pic?
Btw, this shud get to fp!

SHALOM
Re: 'Prince' Yilkyes Bal Behind UK Migration Scam' by MrOlodo2(m): 2:55pm On Oct 08, 2013
a begg i
Re: 'Prince' Yilkyes Bal Behind UK Migration Scam' by MrOlodo2(m): 2:56pm On Oct 08, 2013
abeggi
Re: 'Prince' Yilkyes Bal Behind UK Migration Scam' by BabaEleko(m): 2:56pm On Oct 08, 2013
Naija no dey carry last.
Re: 'Prince' Yilkyes Bal Behind UK Migration Scam' by nkpommpko(m): 2:57pm On Oct 08, 2013
Na today?
Re: 'Prince' Yilkyes Bal Behind UK Migration Scam' by MrOlodo2(m): 2:57pm On Oct 08, 2013
Abeg they be wan sey make my ban expire
2014 they con write 2041 abeg make una
help me beg jaybe I only post for sexuality in
ban me for three sections B4 2041 I don old
die na..

6 Likes

Re: 'Prince' Yilkyes Bal Behind UK Migration Scam' by coogar: 2:58pm On Oct 08, 2013
this dailymail is such a nonsense news site. the nigerian was named & shamed. how come they didn't name the corrupt home office official?

20 Likes

Re: 'Prince' Yilkyes Bal Behind UK Migration Scam' by lorenzos1: 3:01pm On Oct 08, 2013
Make Nigerians free this Uk abeg,na by force to stay their country.

2 Likes

Re: 'Prince' Yilkyes Bal Behind UK Migration Scam' by otijah(m): 3:03pm On Oct 08, 2013
charosky: first to commet
first to what plss? Please read that ur post again
Re: 'Prince' Yilkyes Bal Behind UK Migration Scam' by Autolord: 3:04pm On Oct 08, 2013
[size=34pt]His Royal Highness Prince Yilkyes Bala Tonglele PhD State Crown Prince[/size]

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 'Prince' Yilkyes Bal Behind UK Migration Scam' by Jensenelizz(m): 3:04pm On Oct 08, 2013
Booked
Re: 'Prince' Yilkyes Bal Behind UK Migration Scam' by oloyede252(m): 3:05pm On Oct 08, 2013
Baba_Eleko: Naija no dey carry last.

on point*in every scam tinz*
Re: 'Prince' Yilkyes Bal Behind UK Migration Scam' by Lilimax(f): 3:06pm On Oct 08, 2013
These people should stop giving us a bad name abroad.
I'm so shocked with the way few scumbags are tarnishing the image of this great country.
It's quite disheartening sad
Re: 'Prince' Yilkyes Bal Behind UK Migration Scam' by Burger01(m): 3:08pm On Oct 08, 2013
charosky: first to commet
You better subscribe to Etisalat Blaze. Your network is slow... Olodo!

sad

1 Like

Re: 'Prince' Yilkyes Bal Behind UK Migration Scam' by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 08, 2013
coogar: this dailymail is such a nonsense news site. the nigerian was named & shamed. how come they didn't name the corrupt home office official?

That's RACISM at its peak !
Re: 'Prince' Yilkyes Bal Behind UK Migration Scam' by iyatrustee(f): 3:09pm On Oct 08, 2013
Mr.Olodo:
Abeg they be wan sey make my ban expire
2014 they con write 2041 abeg make una
help me beg jaybe I only post for sexuality in
ban me for three sections B4 2041 I don old
die na..

why you dey para now? 2041 is just 28 years from now mehn! hopefully, na iphone 16x you go use when we see your welcome back post

till then, Itz well cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 'Prince' Yilkyes Bal Behind UK Migration Scam' by leggo: 3:10pm On Oct 08, 2013
is it nigeria's fault some people are morons?? if you are gullible its all on you
Re: 'Prince' Yilkyes Bal Behind UK Migration Scam' by Burger01(m): 3:12pm On Oct 08, 2013
But why must everything bad has to do with Nigeria Is Nigeria the only country in the world A day won't pass without hearing negative news involving Nigeria.. Wetin!!!

sad

1 Like

Re: 'Prince' Yilkyes Bal Behind UK Migration Scam' by ooshinibos: 3:13pm On Oct 08, 2013
where cant we used this sophisticated scheme to develop black Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 'Prince' Yilkyes Bal Behind UK Migration Scam' by Redman44(m): 3:15pm On Oct 08, 2013
There is nothing like being honest in life. Using false identities will slow down your progress in life. And the law will certainly catch up with you in the end if you don't change your ways. I hope lessons will be learnt from this incident. Stay Blessed.
Re: 'Prince' Yilkyes Bal Behind UK Migration Scam' by BTT(m): 3:20pm On Oct 08, 2013
I don't even believe the guy is a Nigerian. Apart from 'Bala' which is somewhat of Northen Nigeria/Northern Africa. I do not know any Nigerian tribe that bears Yilkyes and or Tonglolo.

The only thing Nigerian about the guy is the craze for titles. QED.

3 Likes

Re: 'Prince' Yilkyes Bal Behind UK Migration Scam' by Marshalltj(m): 3:25pm On Oct 08, 2013
Imagine the rot in Immigration system all over the World...Desperation!!!!
But that name sounds lyk d guy is 4rm North Africa...

1 Like

Re: 'Prince' Yilkyes Bal Behind UK Migration Scam' by vascey(m): 3:30pm On Oct 08, 2013
Useless people. Why did they not name their corrupt home office official? Or did Prince Bala get the refugee passports out of thin air. If the prefix Nigeria has not been attached to corruption and scam, these useless people will not be happy. Nonsense!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

18 People Die As Canoe Capsizes In Bauchi / Finally In Russia!!! But.... / The New Ecowas Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.