Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,363 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Nairaland Having Technical Issues! Seun,fall In! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Having Technical Issues! Seun,fall In! (1881 Views)

Les Twins....you Will Fall In Love With Them / Is Nairaland Having Server Issues? / Nairaland Is Having Technical Hitch ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Having Technical Issues! Seun,fall In! by Kslib(m): 9:38am On Oct 08, 2013
I was browsing Nairaland via Mozialla firefox yesterday,only for the whole background to turn white while the texts turned blue. Quite a handful,including I have experienced it in the past,so it was nothing new to me. I knew it would be fixed within a hour or less than; just like how it has been fixed in the past.

To my surprise,as i'm typing right now,the whole thing is still as it is. The funny thing is that Nairaland is ok on My google Chrome but messed up On Mozilla. I dont like using Chrome to browse cos it's a pain in the ass; i prefer my Mozilla,so Seun i think you might wanna look at it.

Anyone who uses mozilla should let me know how theirs is.
I attached pics below.
Thanks..
To SEUN

All izz well!

Re: Nairaland Having Technical Issues! Seun,fall In! by Seun(m): 10:04am On Oct 08, 2013
What's your Network/ISP? Have you tried refreshing?
Re: Nairaland Having Technical Issues! Seun,fall In! by Vivly(f): 10:15am On Oct 08, 2013
I've also experienced same in the past. Other times, when I click on the first topic on the front page, it redirects me to the auto or diary section. Then i have to go back and click on the topic again before it opens.
Re: Nairaland Having Technical Issues! Seun,fall In! by Kslib(m): 10:23am On Oct 08, 2013
Seun: What's your Network/ISP? Have you tried refreshing?
Network: Airtel

Have you tried refreshing? Yes,i have. Even Closed the browser,re-opened,re-loaded all yet to no avail.

Seun,if you have Mozilla firefox,then i'll suggest you try it and see OR ask one of the mods to also try it with theirs.
All izz well!
Re: Nairaland Having Technical Issues! Seun,fall In! by Seun(m): 11:47am On Oct 08, 2013
Vivly: I've also experienced same in the past. Other times, when I click on the first topic on the front page, it redirects me to the auto or diary section. Then i have to go back and click on the topic again before it opens.
which mobile device or OS? Which network? Which browser? thanks.
Re: Nairaland Having Technical Issues! Seun,fall In! by Sheenor: 11:50am On Oct 08, 2013
Try anoda browser or refresh †ђε page......
Re: Nairaland Having Technical Issues! Seun,fall In! by Kslib(m): 11:59am On Oct 08, 2013
Sheenor: Try anoda browser or refresh †ђε page......
Like i said 'i'm currently using Chrome but i prefer my Mozilla".. If you scroll up,you'll see where i said i've done more than refreshing but yet, no avail.
All izz well!
Re: Nairaland Having Technical Issues! Seun,fall In! by Vivly(f): 12:18pm On Oct 08, 2013
Seun: which mobile device or OS? Which network? Which browser? thanks.
Nokia c3 -MTN
Re: Nairaland Having Technical Issues! Seun,fall In! by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 08, 2013
Seun: which mobile device or OS? Which network? Which browser? thanks.
Yes this shit also happens to me
Re: Nairaland Having Technical Issues! Seun,fall In! by An0nimus: 5:38pm On Oct 08, 2013
Vivly: I've also experienced same in the past. Other times, when I click on the first topic on the front page, it redirects me to the auto or diary section. Then i have to go back and click on the topic again before it opens.
Experienced this before. A second try usually yields the desired result.
Re: Nairaland Having Technical Issues! Seun,fall In! by Anuoluwap(m): 8:01pm On Oct 08, 2013
Yes. I click a topic on frontpage & re-directs to Music/Radio.... I go back & click again & again before it can be resolved.
Re: Nairaland Having Technical Issues! Seun,fall In! by Seun(m): 8:30pm On Oct 08, 2013
An0nimus:
Experienced this before. A second try usually yields the desired result.
Which network? Which browser? Which device or OS? We really need to know all these? Thanks.

Lee Herds: Yes this shit also happens to me
Which network? Which browser? Which device or OS? We really need to know all these. Thanks.

Anuoluwap: Yes. I click a topic on frontpage & re-directs to Music/Radio.... I go back & click again & again before it can be resolved.
Which network? Which browser? Which device or OS? We really need to know all these? Thanks.

Vivly: Nokia c3 -MTN
Thanks. We will compare this to the information submitted by others.
Re: Nairaland Having Technical Issues! Seun,fall In! by UyiIredia(m): 8:39pm On Oct 08, 2013
@ OP: That is a fairly common issue that occurs when the connection to the a website is faulty. Even Opera and IE give the same. Definitely not worth bothering over, make sure your Internet connection is optimum, restart the browser and it should be fine.
Re: Nairaland Having Technical Issues! Seun,fall In! by Anuoluwap(m): 9:06pm On Oct 08, 2013
Phone: Nokia xpressmusic
Browser: Operamini 7.1
Network: MTN
Re: Nairaland Having Technical Issues! Seun,fall In! by Kslib(m): 9:13pm On Oct 08, 2013
Uyi Iredia: @ OP: That is a fairly common issue that occurs when the connection to the a website is faulty. Even Opera and IE give the same. Definitely not worth bothering over, make sure your Internet connection is optimum, restart the browser and it should be fine.
It has nothing to do with my internet connection because if that were to be the case,then my chrome would have also displayed it the way my Mozilla has been doing since yesterday..

It has nothing to do with connection cos my Chrome has also once displayed the white Nairaland but changed back to normal after it was fixed--- or maybe it fixed itself..

It has nothing to do with connection cos it has happened in the past where my connecting signal/speed was at its peak.

It has nothing to do with connection cos there was time when everybody on a particular thread some weeks back experienced the same thing and it became normal on everyone's device at the same time---- Going by your theory; all the internet connections of those on the thread at that time wasn't optimum but miraculously became optimum at thesame time right?. What a coincidence? lol

I asked Seun to check with his Mozilla or ask someone to check with theirs,but surprisingly,he hasn't replied since morning. I will learn to keep my mouth shut next time when i notice anything related to technical issues..

I am already getting used to Chrome, so no wahala; it can remain like that on mozilla for all eternity; i no send.
All izz well!
Re: Nairaland Having Technical Issues! Seun,fall In! by Blackteeth(m): 9:21pm On Oct 08, 2013
I think it has to do with the browser. All browsers don't render pages the same way.
@OP which version of Firefox are you browsing with?
Re: Nairaland Having Technical Issues! Seun,fall In! by Seun(m): 9:30pm On Oct 08, 2013
Kslib: I asked Seun to check with his Mozilla or ask someone to check with theirs,but surprisingly,he hasn't replied since morning. I will learn to keep my mouth shut next time when i notice anything related to technical issues.
I downloaded Mozilla Firefox and Nairaland was perfect on it. Try clearing your Firefox cache and cookies, closing Firefox, restarting your computer, then trying Again. If anyone else on Airtel is having this problem, please let me know.
Re: Nairaland Having Technical Issues! Seun,fall In! by An0nimus: 3:23pm On Oct 09, 2013
Airtel here, Opera 7.1. Its not a serious issue like Uyi said and its been a while I seen it.
Re: Nairaland Having Technical Issues! Seun,fall In! by Google63(m): 1:17pm On Oct 10, 2013
Seun: I downloaded Mozilla Firefox and Nairaland was perfect on it. Try clearing your Firefox cache and cookies, closing Firefox, restarting your computer, then trying Again.
@ Seun. Pls what is the maximum size of picture that can be uploaded on Nairaland?
Re: Nairaland Having Technical Issues! Seun,fall In! by Kslib(m): 1:20pm On Oct 10, 2013
@Google--- 200kb..
All izz well!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Having Technical Issues! Seun,fall In! by Caracta(f): 8:44am On Oct 14, 2013
Seun: I downloaded Mozilla Firefox and Nairaland was perfect on it. Try clearing your Firefox cache and cookies, closing Firefox, restarting your computer, then trying Again. If anyone else on Airtel is having this problem, please let me know.

Seun pls, i can't open Nairaland pages on my PC. It kept on indicating that the website has been reported unsafe. I can post a screenshot if you want. This has been going on for days. Tried it again this morning. Same story.
Re: Nairaland Having Technical Issues! Seun,fall In! by Seun(m): 9:12am On Oct 14, 2013
Caracta:

Seun pls, i can't open Nairaland pages on my PC. It kept on indicating that the website has been reported unsafe. I can post a screenshot if you want. This has been going on for days. Tried it again this morning. Same story.
which browser are you using on your PC? Which network?
Re: Nairaland Having Technical Issues! Seun,fall In! by Caracta(f): 9:16am On Oct 14, 2013
Seun: which browser are you using on your PC? Which network?

Internet Explorer. It's fine on Firefox now.
Re: Nairaland Having Technical Issues! Seun,fall In! by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 14, 2013
centje: seun, I cant login to nairaland with my phone, I browsed nl with my phones in-built browser...worked for sometime and stopped. I download another browser which has also stopped. NB: I can still browse other websites with these browsers. any help?
Seun: which browser are you using on your PC? Which network?
Re: Nairaland Having Technical Issues! Seun,fall In! by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 14, 2013
Kslib: I was browsing Nairaland via Mozialla firefox yesterday,only for the whole background to turn white while the texts turned blue. Quite a handful,including I have experienced it in the past,so it was nothing new to me. I knew it would be fixed within a hour or less than; just like how it has been fixed in the past.

To my surprise,as i'm typing right now,the whole thing is still as it is. The funny thing is that Nairaland is ok on My google Chrome but messed up On Mozilla. I dont like using Chrome to browse cos it's a pain in the ass; i prefer my Mozilla,so Seun i think you might wanna look at it.

Anyone who uses mozilla should let me know how theirs is.
I attached pics below.
Thanks..
To SEUN

All izz well!

Guy, that thing is not a technical fault from Nairaland... Its from your ISP. It normally happens on firefox. When the connection speed of your isp is slow, firefox loads webpages like that to load faster... I have experienced this before. If you are doubting me, open other web pages with a slow connection on firefox. Google Chrome on the other hand loads normal because it passes all content through google servers then sends the smaller part to you.. Its just like what opera mini does on phones.. So, the problem is not from Nairaland
Re: Nairaland Having Technical Issues! Seun,fall In! by Kslib(m): 2:59pm On Oct 14, 2013
exxell:

Guy, that thing is not a technical fault from Nairaland... Its from your ISP. It normally happens on firefox. When the connection speed of your isp is slow, firefox loads webpages like that to load faster... I have experienced this before. If you are doubting me, open other web pages with a slow connection on firefox. Google Chrome on the other hand loads normal because it passes all content through google servers then sends the smaller part to you.. Its just like what opera mini does on phones.. So, the problem is not from Nairaland
I understand you bro.. When it happened,i visited gmail.com and logged in to to confirm. Why did i log in to gmail? I did so because gmail also loads pages in its simpler form,omit some features like colors and background when the connection speed is not fast.. So when i loaded it and saw it normal, i waited for hours and re-loaded gmail just to confirm,i knew that the ish wasn't from my Isp.

I loaded countless of sites just to confirm and noticed that only Nairaland was proving stubborn, hence my reason for alerting @oga at the top.

Besides,my connection speed was at its peak when the ish happened and mind you,this is not the first time a number of people aside me have experienced the same thing even when connection speed is at its maximum..

Lastly,its not like i was looking for faults to blame on Nairaland. I just felt like drawing something i perceived as "shaky technical balance" to Seun's notice.
Thanks for
All izz well!
Re: Nairaland Having Technical Issues! Seun,fall In! by Cestmoi1(f): 4:36pm On Oct 14, 2013
Now,I see what you meant.It happened to me last night,had to quickly switch back to my phone.Took a snapshot with my phone but it's not too clear sha.Used internet explorer by the way.

Re: Nairaland Having Technical Issues! Seun,fall In! by Kslib(m): 5:24pm On Oct 14, 2013
C'est moi:
Now,I see what you meant.It happened to me last night,had to quickly switch back to my phone.Took a snapshot with my phone but it's not too clear sha.Used internet explorer by the way.
Is it back to normal now?
Is Internet explorer your preferred browser? lipsrsealed

The pic is clear..
All izz well!
Re: Nairaland Having Technical Issues! Seun,fall In! by Cestmoi1(f): 5:44pm On Oct 14, 2013
Kslib:
Is it back to normal now?
Is Internet explorer your preferred browser? lipsrsealed

The pic is clear..
All izz well!
I've not checked again since then.My fingers just strolled to internet explorer, I make use of my phone most of the time to browse.I only use my system once in a while.
Re: Nairaland Having Technical Issues! Seun,fall In! by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 14, 2013
Kslib wink

#TeamGOM wink
Re: Nairaland Having Technical Issues! Seun,fall In! by Kslib(m): 6:03pm On Oct 14, 2013
C'est moi:

I've not checked again since then.My fingers just strolled to internet explorer, I make use of my phone most of the time to browse.I only use my system once in a while.
Ok!!

Saw an Amazon tab on the pic you posted. Remember to shop online for we wey no get money ooo.. grin
All izz well!
Re: Nairaland Having Technical Issues! Seun,fall In! by Cestmoi1(f): 6:06pm On Oct 14, 2013
Kslib:
Ok!!

Saw an Amazon tab on the pic you posted. Remember to shop online for we wey no get money ooo.. grin
All izz well!
Lmao.....#speechless.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Infographic: How Nigerians Behave On Social Networks! / The 2am Lounge - Nitewalkers Central / Plateau United Are The New NPFL Champions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.