Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,058 members, 7,838,690 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) (28931 Views)

This Is What Snake Venom Does To Blood! / Man Claims To Have Lived Without Eating For 5 Years / Pls Anti Snake Venom Needed!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by njuwo(m): 5:44pm On Oct 08, 2013
A doctor summons a woman & asks to know why, after the husband had complained to him dat the woman no longer allows him to sleep with her.

The woman said; I work so hard for d family. It happens like dis, i get ready for work in d mornin, i take a taxi to work, on gettin dere, dere's no money on me, d taxi driver asks; do u want to pay or what? I go for or what. At work, i fail to meet up d daily target, my boss asks; do u want me to sack u or what? I go for or what. Goin back home, i take a taxi, on gettin home, no money on me. The taxi driver asks; do u want to pay or what? I go for or what. Dats it!

The doctor then leans forward and says; So, do u want me to tell ur husband or what?

2 Likes

Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by Vikta10(m): 5:48pm On Oct 08, 2013
9jaflave: An unemployed factory worker has proved his immunity to snake venom by letting a deadly mamba bite his bare arm. Tim Friede says he has built up immunity and claims he has now endured bites from 100 poisonous snakes.

The 45-year-old from Milwaukee is now able to survive a snake bite from a black mamba, which normally kills anyone bitten within just 20 minutes. Mr Friede can also survive bite from cobras and other deadly serpents.

He hopes that by building up human immunity to snake poison he can contribute to the development of a new anti-venom. Pictures of the process show the mamba locking its jaws around his arm and leaving a bloody wound.

He said: 'When people see what I do they usually swear or ask me if I'm going to die.
'The pictures are a display of my immunity, to prove it works.
'That's the only way people will believe it, and the true test if self-immunization works.
'Letting yourself get bitten requires a very high level of mental pressure, albeit a necessary one to beat snakebite.
'Doing a pure venom injection is one thing, but a bite is a whole new level - and a necessary one.'

By proving his own immunity he hopes his work will lead to more efficient and affordable than the type produced from horses that is currently available.

'What I do is called venom immunotherapy,' Mr Friede said.
'I take diluted injections of venom protein over time to build up my immune system.
'What that does is build up good antibodies through time that bind to the venom and neutralize it so I don't die.
'This is the same way they make anti-venom in horses, I just cut the horse out of the picture. I've become the horse.'

However, he does suffer side-effects- Pictures show Mr Friede's swollen hand, which is caused by his own anti-bodies attacking his body.
He has regular kidney and liver tests to check his dangerous work is not causing damage to his organs.

Mr Friede keeps dozens of poisonous snakes in the basement of his house and is working hard to contribute to a vaccine he hopes will make a difference to snakebite victims worldwide.

'I hope through developing my own resistance to poison some solid groundwork can be laid to build a vaccine for the 125,000 people that die from snakebite every year.
'At present the poor of Asia and Africa are the majority of the victims.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2448307/Man-claims-snake-bite-immunity-injecting-venom.html
http://9jaflave..com/2013/10/man-immune-to-snake-venom.html
Yeaaa dis is so true!! Da documentary was aired on NatGeo Wild
Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by orlabot(m): 5:49pm On Oct 08, 2013
Ok

Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:07pm On Oct 08, 2013
DonColz1: Two donkeys were walking through jerusalem, and one of the donkey told the other donkey that he remembered when jesus was on his back, and people were praising him and putting their clothes on the floor while he was busy matching on their clothes and enjoying himself, but now nobody seems to remember him, then the other donkey said, my friend, without jesus on your side you are nothing...

[size=28pt]
jesus is fit only for donkeys![/size]
Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by 3kay945(m): 6:24pm On Oct 08, 2013
Why are you guys surprise.... Didn't God give us dominion over all creatures? That's why we have superior brain than lower animals.

Can someone tell first aid of snake bite? I want to emulate this dude.
Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by DMainMan: 6:32pm On Oct 08, 2013
Good News. Caleb University in
conjunction with Lagos State Government
is giving out scholarship award
to students to obtain free Bsc degree
programmes. Application form submission deadline is Oct 10

For more info, go to this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1470460/free-bsc-degree-scholarship-award
Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by ChiSun27(m): 6:34pm On Oct 08, 2013
Thank God he uses himself as a specimen....not a bad venture sha...more red oil to his elbow.
Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by Vetsurgeon: 6:34pm On Oct 08, 2013
.I wish am happy birthday.... I dey mat... Another bilharziah
Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by ChiSun27(m): 6:35pm On Oct 08, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

[size=28pt]
jesus is fit only for donkeys![/size]

I spite on you.
Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by henryvirus(m): 6:46pm On Oct 08, 2013
Interesting news.......when did d man bcum Warrior Baek Dongsu?
Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by sEGXY2(m): 6:48pm On Oct 08, 2013
#ett.
Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by kolima1067(m): 7:13pm On Oct 08, 2013
end time things
Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by kunlesehan(m): 7:18pm On Oct 08, 2013
DonColz1: Two donkeys were walking through jerusalem, and one of the donkey told the other donkey that he remembered when jesus was on his back, and people were praising him and putting their clothes on the floor while he was busy matching on their clothes and enjoying himself, but now nobody seems to remember him, then the other donkey said, my friend, without jesus on your side you are nothing...
wonderful!
Jesus turned an @ss to an asset.
Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by abatajjvii: 7:36pm On Oct 08, 2013

Love this so much

So inspiring
Jah bless you
Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by theanonymous: 7:43pm On Oct 08, 2013

Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by major116: 8:08pm On Oct 08, 2013
grin angryMake I hear jhooooor!!....didn't u guys c d way d snakes were on his hand...how sure are if that's not a rubber snake!...mitchew! Was hoping 2 c sumtin mre real dan that..........NONSENSE..!!
Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by buoye1(m): 8:08pm On Oct 08, 2013
The snake na CHINESSE made....Oboy come naija especially my village,u go die throway!!!!

1 Like

Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by buoye1(m): 8:11pm On Oct 08, 2013
DMainMan: Good News. Caleb University in
conjunction with Lagos State Government
is giving out scholarship award
to students to obtain free Bsc degree
programmes. Application form submission deadline is Oct 10

For more info, go to this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1470460/free-bsc-degree-scholarship-award
No b onli caleb university....Na Joshua polytechnic......gerooooooooout o if u no get beta post
Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by JustGuy(m): 8:20pm On Oct 08, 2013
Bold n considerable step; though dangerous!
Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by Ajiswaggs(m): 8:25pm On Oct 08, 2013
Pls is it funny
Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by rotzy5: 8:45pm On Oct 08, 2013
grin[color=#550000][/color]make d man no go bite any person ooooooh because he has snake venum in his system
Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by Kenfil(f): 10:25pm On Oct 08, 2013
Milwaukee ppl dey kolo for real....lol oly must see dis lol
Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by Udehpaschal1(m): 10:36pm On Oct 08, 2013
This is d real OKIJA JUJU... *no1 contesting*
Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by KingsJohnson(m): 10:53pm On Oct 08, 2013
Guy you never jam python
Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by skybodmas: 11:17pm On Oct 08, 2013
This na white baba lawo! He's advertising himself for his fellow whites' that need jazz. Come try am with my village snake (echi eteka; meaning= tomorrow is far) and see if you will survive. Mtchewww! White baba lawo!
Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by PastorOluT(m): 3:57am On Oct 09, 2013
kagari:

who den worship those medium or vessel

this man u no go like give urself small brain?

Paul, Peter, Mary etc are not different from the donkey as a vessel.
Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by abdulaminu: 4:08am On Oct 09, 2013
make he come my village come try one weda he go survive after 5munites
Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by naniboii: 4:53am On Oct 09, 2013
9jaflave: An unemployed factory worker has proved his immunity to snake venom by letting a deadly mamba bite his bare arm. Tim Friede says he has built up immunity and claims he has now endured bites from 100 poisonous snakes.

The 45-year-old from Milwaukee is now able to survive a snake bite from a black mamba, which normally kills anyone bitten within just 20 minutes. Mr Friede can also survive bite from cobras and other deadly serpents.

He hopes that by building up human immunity to snake poison he can contribute to the development of a new anti-venom. Pictures of the process show the mamba locking its jaws around his arm and leaving a bloody wound.

He said: 'When people see what I do they usually swear or ask me if I'm going to die.
'The pictures are a display of my immunity, to prove it works.
'That's the only way people will believe it, and the true test if self-immunization works.
'Letting yourself get bitten requires a very high level of mental pressure, albeit a necessary one to beat snakebite.
'Doing a pure venom injection is one thing, but a bite is a whole new level - and a necessary one.'

By proving his own immunity he hopes his work will lead to more efficient and affordable than the type produced from horses that is currently available.

'What I do is called venom immunotherapy,' Mr Friede said.
'I take diluted injections of venom protein over time to build up my immune system.
'What that does is build up good antibodies through time that bind to the venom and neutralize it so I don't die.
'This is the same way they make anti-venom in horses, I just cut the horse out of the picture. I've become the horse.'

However, he does suffer side-effects- Pictures show Mr Friede's swollen hand, which is caused by his own anti-bodies attacking his body.
He has regular kidney and liver tests to check his dangerous work is not causing damage to his organs.

Mr Friede keeps dozens of poisonous snakes in the basement of his house and is working hard to contribute to a vaccine he hopes will make a difference to snakebite victims worldwide.

'I hope through developing my own resistance to poison some solid groundwork can be laid to build a vaccine for the 125,000 people that die from snakebite every year.
'At present the poor of Asia and Africa are the majority of the victims.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2448307/Man-claims-snake-bite-immunity-injecting-venom.html
http://9jaflave..com/2013/10/man-immune-to-snake-venom.html
senrere
Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by seanet02: 6:57am On Oct 09, 2013
Nigerian Snakes no dey tolerate nonsense o
Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by Clinksbreezy: 9:44pm On Oct 09, 2013
hv seen the video clips b4 is kinda real
Re: Man Claims Immunity To Snake Venom (photos) by ceceez: 12:38am On Oct 10, 2013
Pastor Olu T:
Only Jesus in the life of one makes the difference which is the reason we dont worship saints or any other that Jesus used, or even through the medium He came into the world, 'cos they are all vessels!
Stop showing yourself, if you do not know anything about a particular doctrine...its better to ask and be well informed than. Comin online to show your.....,This was how y'all were criticizing holy communion of the Roman catholic faith but now, almost every penticostal church now do communion services....Nobody worships th saints and stuff...if you want to know, ask and be put through rather than display your ignorance publicly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

COVID-19: Wear A Face-mask And Don't Kiss During Sex - Canada / LOOSE That Fat Fast. / Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.