Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. (28950 Views)

Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. / Hand Sanitizer Does Not Prevent Ebola Virus - Harold Thomas / Warm Water And Salt To Help Prevent Ebola? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Emmysteve(m): 5:10am On Aug 08, 2014
I have received several calls and texts urging me to bath with salt and drink the water afterwards to prevent Ebola virus. I am not a medical personal or practianal, however i am very certain that drinking salt or bathing with it can never prevent Ebola virus. Besides there's no scientific research or orthodox evidence to proof that such method do prevent Ebola apart from the preventive measures we read on newspapers and heae on radio which includes avoiding contact with the patients, avoiding and so on. Me i no dey bath with any salt. from Kolonut to Salt nawaoh

Please stop this rumours about Ebola entering Abuja, Kaduna, Jos and other states. People should stay calm and avoid large gathering especially those in Lagos and adhere to medical tips on how to avoid the disease.

9 Likes

Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Jaidy88: 5:22am On Aug 08, 2014
So true my dear, rumours in this country is something else, but what can one do? Only God we need. Just this past months, so many sad news. Could this be end time or Americans bringing in trips, we all know they r good @ such

1 Like

Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Gsentme(m): 5:30am On Aug 08, 2014
Me too I have received unaccountable calls telling me same thing. Pls my dear people weather is rumour or not do as u where told because prevention is better than cure to avoid had I no.

3 Likes

Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by dryakson(m): 5:31am On Aug 08, 2014
My mum called me from the village around 4am, I was scared ......I know this is rumors but na to baf Ooo in case
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Emmysteve(m): 5:32am On Aug 08, 2014
Now confusion has sets in .
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Nobody: 5:33am On Aug 08, 2014
I just received the call tha's why I came online
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Blaqsmith(m): 5:35am On Aug 08, 2014
D fear of Ebola is the beginning of... grin

1 Like

Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Sageez(m): 5:36am On Aug 08, 2014
i got same call frm a gurl frnd
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by ChideraFavour(m): 5:37am On Aug 08, 2014
But ds rumour is not in Benin o
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by gilgal7(f): 5:38am On Aug 08, 2014
Rumour mongers generating rumour traffic...i suspect network operator...from 12midnight till this morning many calls have been circulating.....
Dia riz God oooooo
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Ksslib(m): 5:40am On Aug 08, 2014
And i thought i was the only one.. My aunt just woke me some 3 mins ago, telling me the news and urging me to drink salt water.. Somebody told her its now transmissable by air..

As i'm typing this, she's in the bathroom bathing with enough table salt.. grin ... . Lwkmd!!

3 Likes

Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Emmysteve(m): 5:45am On Aug 08, 2014
Ksslib: And i thought i was the only one.. My aunt just woke me some 3 mins ago, telling me the news and urging me to drink salt water.. Somebody told her its now transmissable by air..

As i'm typing this, she's in the bathroom bathing with enough table salt.. grin ... . Lwkmd!!
LWKMD tell her not to finish the salt o. So that una go use am cook.

2 Likes

Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by gilgal7(f): 5:47am On Aug 08, 2014
Ksslib: And i thought i was the only one.. My aunt just woke me some 3 mins ago, telling me the news and urging me to drink salt water.. Somebody told her its now transmissable by air..

Dat got me laughing....like hyena
Its funny pouring large portions of salt meant for cooking then bathing with it....
stuff lyk i just had a salt bathe

2 Likes

Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by kessiah: 5:51am On Aug 08, 2014
My mom just woke me up now with the news, and we just queried now about it, I am not drinking or bathing with any salt water, people will just cook up fake news because of our level of illiteracy and spread the news
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by TIDDOLL(m): 6:03am On Aug 08, 2014
Person dey dream better....na im my old woman waka enter o...make we go dey baff wit salt....i bin tiink say na still dream o)....which kind tin b diz nau !!!!

2 Likes

Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by ojoyentalk: 6:04am On Aug 08, 2014
I don dey receive call since 3am to bath salt water and drink some. Ebola no go survive for dis naija.
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by shakaz(m): 6:05am On Aug 08, 2014
na to run go lagos Ocean now oh.
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by corruptboss(m): 6:07am On Aug 08, 2014
I got the calls from 3 folks in port harcourt DZ nyt, told my 12year old twin siblings and non of them believe am... How agbaya like me go do now?

1 Like

Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by adet991(f): 6:08am On Aug 08, 2014
Na dis same news wake me up o
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by freecocoa(f): 6:10am On Aug 08, 2014
Nna see trouble o, got the call too o, truth is ebola is now out of control in west Africa as stated by different news sites.
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by kenono(m): 6:11am On Aug 08, 2014
Gsentme: Me too I have received unaccountable calls telling me same thing. Pls my dear people weather is rumour or not do as u where told because prevention is better than cure to avoid had I no.

is that so? so how many pints of salt did u use?
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by penzino(m): 6:13am On Aug 08, 2014
Emmysteve: LWKMD tell her not to finish the salt o. So that una go use am cook.
no mind Nigerians, if to say dem say make people wake up pray to him God no body go remember I swear. Na WA for Nigeria, Dangote Don make extra bucks grin

1 Like

Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Nazcoj(m): 6:14am On Aug 08, 2014
My people perish for lack of knowledge... So now Nigeria ebola is no different frm other ebolas...smh... This is conspiracy theory among our network providers... U can only imagine d number of fone calls...

1 Like

Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by AliAbdul: 6:15am On Aug 08, 2014
Chai God Help Us Ooo I Just Finished My Own Bath Now..
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Ksslib(m): 6:16am On Aug 08, 2014
Emmysteve: LWKMD tell her not to finish the salt o. So that una go use am cook.
lol.. She no wan take chances..

gilgal7:
Dat got me laughing....like hyena
Its funny pouring large portions of salt meant for cooking then bathing with it....
stuff lyk i just had a salt bathe
Lol.. Me just tire oo.. Ebola no go fit survive the salt wey she use.. grin
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by quivah(f): 6:17am On Aug 08, 2014
lol
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by candidbabe(f): 6:18am On Aug 08, 2014
Hi nairalanders,
I just heard the news this morning to bath with salt water and drink salt water.
may God help us.
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by lordspiritual(m): 6:20am On Aug 08, 2014
undecided
why salt?
why not an Antiseptic?

2 Likes

Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Sheggun1: 6:21am On Aug 08, 2014
I sense sometin......maybe dis is a means of advertising salt
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by JESUSSAVES2014: 6:21am On Aug 08, 2014
Gsentme: Me too I have received unaccountable calls telling me same thing. Pls my dear people weather is rumour or not do as u where told because prevention is better than cure to avoid had I no.

In this 21st century grin grin grin
Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Emmysteve(m): 6:22am On Aug 08, 2014
penzino: no mind Nigerians, if to say dem say make people wake up pray to him God no body go remember I swear. Na WA for Nigeria, Dangote Don make extra bucks grin
Hahahahaha I dey tell you. Me self reason to become salt dealer. Chai business go move well well.

2 Likes

Re: Re-bathing With Salt To Prevent Ebola Virus. by Nobody: 6:23am On Aug 08, 2014
My pple,salt and water is nt harmful to health,why not do it if U want to do it? Its a matter of choice(but me don do my own too o)... Anyways,prevention is beta than cure! Pple forming "Odeshi" and 21st century children remember that "spiritual things are real"

My candid opinion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Police Officer Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Ogun State / 10 Bed Time Habbits Ruining Your Restfull Sleep / Father Loses Daughter Over Alleged Access Bank’s Mobile App Failure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.