Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Stella Oduah Sells petrol And She called President Jonathan A Drunk - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stella Oduah Sells petrol And She called President Jonathan A Drunk (2163 Views)

Fielding Jonathan, A Mistake – Dr. Raymond Dokpesi / Man Trekking For GEJ Replies Omotola After She Called Trekkers 'Silly' / General Ibrahim B. Babangida Called President Jonathan A Zoologist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stella Oduah Sells petrol And She called President Jonathan A Drunk by SterlingTowers(m): 10:39am On Oct 09, 2013
STELLA. SELLS PETROL AND SHE CALLED JONATHAN A DRUNK by Icke C. Ibe

Have you ever imagined calling your employer a drunk? Would you imagine what will happen to you if you did and your employer found out. Well, we are about to find out. Stella is a woman earlier known as a petrol seller. She later became a minister of aviation in a nation where qualification for serious political appointment is not based on merit rather on who you know and how much 'power' you have.

Stella works for Jonathan and she recently called him a drunk and a beer parlour analyst. Stella has recently been awarding contracts for rebuilding airports around the country and as usual raking in much more than she did when she was selling petrol. I think she shares the proceeds and so her benefactors can't fire her. Last year there was a major air crash involving Dana airline. It killed 163 Nigerians including my wife and my daughter. Most Nigerians wept and complained about the corruption of the system. Jonathan also complained and promised to fix air safety problems in Nigeria.

He was to do it through Stella. Stella just went on airport contract bazaars and forgot about safety. This year there have been more air mishaps and citizens are screaming including Jonathan. Stella recently emerged from a meeting with her boss Jonathan and said that all those complaining about the last Agagu crash are beer palour analysts who are drunk. I complained. Nigerians complained. Jonathan complained. But Stella called all of us drunk.

Stella also said air accidents are an act of God and inevitable. If they are, then why did Stella suspend the license of Dana and Associated airline. Stella said these airlines are not airworthy but she also said a few months ago that she has conducted a rigorous technical and financial audit of Dana and found it airworthy.

She also gave them an award as the best airline in Nigeria. What are we talking about here? Why hasn't Stella been fired? Either Stella's power is so great and maybe comes from her front and back or Jonathan her boss and all of us are drunk and Stella is not. What kind of power is this and what manner of Luck do we have? Good or bad, Nigerians must rise up and say no to the likes of Stella.

(This contribution was culled from the fb wall of Iyke C. Ibe who lost his family members in the Dana crash of last year)

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Sells petrol And She called President Jonathan A Drunk by Oliviababy: 11:12am On Oct 09, 2013
she is playing politics wit d lives of people
Re: Stella Oduah Sells petrol And She called President Jonathan A Drunk by talktimi(m): 11:54am On Oct 09, 2013
This is just like saying the minister of health should resign anytime a patient dies in hospital. The question we should ask ourselves is why did Associated airlines accept passengers on that flight when the plane was still being serviced with the engineers even on board ? The airline and the ground crew who cleared that plane to lift passengers are the ones who should obviously face the music.
Re: Stella Oduah Sells petrol And She called President Jonathan A Drunk by theshadyexpress(m): 12:32pm On Oct 09, 2013
d op is a mumu
Re: Stella Oduah Sells petrol And She called President Jonathan A Drunk by hardniola(m): 1:11pm On Oct 09, 2013
ibo we come nd attack d op leaving d original writer.
Re: Stella Oduah Sells petrol And She called President Jonathan A Drunk by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 09, 2013
OP edit your topic na.It is giving me JediJedi.

On topic, what can I saw? Its like Madam Stella tin sweet die.
cool

Don't Blame Oga Jona.It is not Easy.
Re: Stella Oduah Sells petrol And She called President Jonathan A Drunk by agbameta: 1:40pm On Oct 09, 2013
hardniola: ibo we come nd attack d op leaving d original writer.

Because to them, tribe worries is the beginning and end of everything, it's the well they draw and drink from, it rules and controls their social, economic and political state of being and this is all they have to contribute to the human race.

@ Topic. The mediocrity, incompetence and absurdities that emanates daily from this worthless GEJ administration remains the same sad and odious reflection of the same mediocre, clueless, corrupt and incompetent president that hired them.

Look at the police college situation in Lagos, the corrupt and incompetent president did't demand accountability or punish any of the folks responsible for that sad shame, rot and neglect, he instead promoted them, gave them National awards and plum federal jobs.

We get such clueless, crude, crass and incompetent behavior from the likes of this corrupt and incompetent woman because this is the enabling zero accountability environment she operates in.

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Sells petrol And She called President Jonathan A Drunk by DonMagicJuan: 1:43pm On Oct 09, 2013
Stella this stella that...

Make kwashoko no kill una for all the bad belle wen una get for this woman.

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Sells petrol And She called President Jonathan A Drunk by agbameta: 2:03pm On Oct 09, 2013
talktimi: This is just like saying the minister of health should resign anytime a patient dies in hospital. The question we should ask ourselves is why did Associated airlines accept passengers on that flight when the plane was still being serviced with the engineers even on board ? The airline and the ground crew who cleared that plane to lift passengers are the ones who should obviously face the music.

So, sick patients dying in hospitals now means planes crashing all over the place and Nigerians needlessly dying is no big deal and the folks we put in charge to make sure this doesn't happen must not be held accountable.?

We pay them to make sure airline operators in the country follow stated rules, practices and procedures and if for whatever reason/s they are not following the same rules and procedures, it means people like this ministers are not doing their job, this is elementary and basic common sense.

We put people like her in charge with statutory laws and authority to police airline operators and make sure they follow stated rules and guidelines and with 7 deadly crashes within 2 years, it meas somebody is not doing their job and the buck stops with the person in charge.

Not that I was expecting any kind of sensible and thought provoking reasonings from your type because you people operate in the same mentally corrupt, incompetent and crass circle.

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Sells petrol And She called President Jonathan A Drunk by nedu666: 2:20pm On Oct 09, 2013
MENTION THE SEVEN DEADLY CRASHES IN TWO YEARS.

agbameta:

So, sick patients dying in hospitals now means planes crashing all over the place and Nigerians needlessly dying is no big deal and the folks we put in charge to make sure this doesn't happen must not be held accountable.?

We pay them to make sure airline operators in the country follow stated rules, practices and procedures and if for whatever reason/s they are not following the same rules and procedures, it means people like this ministers are not doing their job, this is elementary and basic common sense.

We put people like her in charge with statutory laws and authority to police airline operators and make sure they follow stated rules and guidelines and with 7 deadly crashes within 2 years, it meas somebody is not doing their job and the buck stops with the person in charge.

Not that I was expecting any kind of sensible and thought provoking reasonings from your type because you people operate in the same mentally corrupt, incompetent and crass circle.
Re: Stella Oduah Sells petrol And She called President Jonathan A Drunk by donphilopus: 2:23pm On Oct 09, 2013
It affects them
Re: Stella Oduah Sells petrol And She called President Jonathan A Drunk by talktimi(m): 2:25pm On Oct 09, 2013
agbameta:

ol boy pls grow up. Through your various metamorphosis on nairaland you have always found it impossible to make a comment without insulting or attacking other nairalanders. In my previous post, i clearly stated those who i feel should be held responsible for this particular crash since it was greed on the part of the airline owners and negligence on the part of the ground crew at the airport. Definitely heads must roll but its the duty of the NCAA to swing the axe on its own members. So pls i am not in the mood for your insults today, if you have a better suggestion post it here for all to see.
Re: Stella Oduah Sells petrol And She called President Jonathan A Drunk by DonMagicJuan: 2:27pm On Oct 09, 2013
agbameta:

So how is the Aviation Ministry the cause of both the DANA and Associated crashes?
It has been established that both crashes occurred as a result of mechanical faults and not from unsafe airways or airports.
The NCAA should be the authority to answer why these crashes are occurring. The former DG of NCAA was summarily relieved of his position after it was made evidently clear that the NCAA was not doing the job it was mandated to carry out as in the case to DANA crash.

In the case of associated airlines, the paper work shows that they complied with all safety standards i.e. from their technical audits but a combination of shoddy pre-flight checks by both the cockpit and ground engineering crew which led to them not ascertaining the current situation of an aircraft that had been grounded due to lack of patronage led to this unfortunate incidence.
Rather than critically assessing the true cause of these crashes within the last two years as being wholly as a result of lack of professionalism by the operators you have decided to look for a dog to hang in the market place.

During the tenure of Obasanjo there were over seven air crashes from 1999 till 2007. All these air accidents (apart from BellView) occured as a result of poor infrastructure for safe landings and takeoffs.
Throughout this period all the appointed Ministers were Yorubas from Agagu, Borishade and Fani Kayode.

Try and be objective in your criticism and analysis of events.
Re: Stella Oduah Sells petrol And She called President Jonathan A Drunk by DonMagicJuan: 2:32pm On Oct 09, 2013
nedu666: MENTION THE SEVEN DEADLY CRASHES IN TWO YEARS.

Dont mind him.

Agbameta is actually Fani Kayode himself. I used to think it was Lai Mohammed behind the moniker.

Tribalism is at the root of his arguments.

During the 8yrs of OBJ rule there were over 10 civilian air accidents (excluding Military crashes) Throughout this period the aviation industry was headed by yorubas. Agagu, Borishade and Fani KAYODE!

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Sells petrol And She called President Jonathan A Drunk by Brimmie(m): 2:33pm On Oct 09, 2013
Agbameta!! wink
Re: Stella Oduah Sells petrol And She called President Jonathan A Drunk by Sec5(m): 2:42pm On Oct 09, 2013
chai

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Sells petrol And She called President Jonathan A Drunk by agbameta: 2:56pm On Oct 09, 2013
nedu666: MENTION THE SEVEN DEADLY CRASHES IN TWO YEARS.

I'm not responsible for your ignorance and online education. You are on the internet so you do have access to google and that's if you know how to work google so go ahead and educate yourself about issues in your own country..
Re: Stella Oduah Sells petrol And She called President Jonathan A Drunk by agbameta: 3:09pm On Oct 09, 2013
Don Magic Juan:

So how is the Aviation Ministry the cause of both the DANA and Associated crashes?
It has been established that both crashes occurred as a result of mechanical faults and not from unsafe airways or airports.
The NCAA should be the authority to answer why these crashes are occurring. The former DG of NCAA was summarily relieved of his position after it was made evidently clear that the NCAA was not doing the job it was mandated to carry out as in the case to DANA crash.

In the case of associated airlines, the paper work shows that they complied with all safety standards i.e. from their technical audits but a combination of shoddy pre-flight checks by both the cockpit and ground engineering crew which led to them not ascertaining the current situation of an aircraft that had been grounded due to lack of patronage led to this unfortunate incidence.
Rather than critically assessing the true cause of these crashes within the last two years as being wholly as a result of lack of professionalism by the operators you have decided to look for a dog to hang in the market place.

During the tenure of Obasanjo there were over seven air crashes from 1999 till 2007. All these air accidents (apart from BellView) occured as a result of poor infrastructure for safe landings and takeoffs.
Throughout this period all the appointed Ministers were Yorubas from Agagu, Borishade and Fani Kayode.

Try and be objective in your criticism and analysis of events.

If your job is to make sure people follow rules and for whatever reason/s they are not following rules and regulation and people are dying because the people they put you in charge of to make sure they follow rules and regulations are not following the rules and regulations, it means you are not doing your job so you are ultimately responsible.

You are in charge, not the people they ask you to supervise.

The minister and her agencies are in charge, not Associated Airlines.

The buck stops with you, not the people under you.

Grab a book on leadership and supervision and read for your own good.

3 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Sells petrol And She called President Jonathan A Drunk by nedu666: 3:15pm On Oct 09, 2013
u are , will always , and will remain a compound fool. u think u can carry ur stupid and ignorant self here and start tying and posting rubbish on a forum of one million members. if u are not an irredemable fool mention the seven deadly crashes. oponu

agbameta:

I'm not responsible for your ignorance and online education. You are on the internet so you do have access to google and that's if you know how to work google so go ahead and educate yourself about issues in your own country..

3 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah Sells petrol And She called President Jonathan A Drunk by agbameta: 3:18pm On Oct 09, 2013
nedu666: u are , will always , and will remain a compound fool. u think u can carry ur stupid and ignorant self here and start tying and posting rubbish on a forum of one million members. if u are not an irredemable fool mention the seven deadly crashes. oponu

Get some needed education and get back at me, for now, please kindly get lost.
Re: Stella Oduah Sells petrol And She called President Jonathan A Drunk by agbameta: 3:31pm On Oct 09, 2013
talktimi: ol boy pls grow up. Through your various metamorphosis on nairaland you have always found it impossible to make a comment without insulting or attacking other nairalanders. In my previous post, i clearly stated those who i feel should be held responsible for this particular crash since it was greed on the part of the airline owners and negligence on the part of the ground crew at the airport. Definitely heads must roll but its the duty of the NCAA to swing the axe on its own members. So pls i am not in the mood for your insults today, if you have a better suggestion post it here for all to see.

I'm not interested in your logical and emotional rant.

Associated Airline is not in charge and they can't not make up their own rules and follow when necessary, the minister and her agencies are in charge and with accidents happening and people dying, it means they are not in charge or doing their job.

If they are paying to look after kids and make sure nothing happens to them, but the kids decided to go wild, beat up and injure each other and even dying under your watch, it means you are not doing your job because you are in charge and not the kids.

Get a grip of that simple leadership concept.

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Sells petrol And She called President Jonathan A Drunk by nedu666: 3:49pm On Oct 09, 2013
when i called u an irredemable compound fool u think am insulting u . no am not its just what u are. people like u think they are clever or want others to think they are clever but when u open ur mouth to talk . nonsense starts ushing out. get someone to read to u what u typed slowly since u are quick to speech and slow in thought, then ask ur self if u talk like someone with an iota of reason. u think to be educated is the same as being able to reason intelligently. OPONU

agbameta:

Associated Airline is not in charge and they can't not make up their own rules and follow when necessary, the minister and her agencies are in charge and with accidents happening and people dying, it means they are not in charge or doing their job.

If they are paying to look after kids and make sure nothing happens to them, but the kids decided to go wild, beat up and injure each other and even dying under your watch, it means you are not doing your job because you are in charge and not the kids.

when i called u an irredemable compound fool
Re: Stella Oduah Sells petrol And She called President Jonathan A Drunk by DonMagicJuan: 4:20pm On Oct 09, 2013
agbameta:

If your job is to make sure people follow rules and for whatever reason/s they are not following rules and regulation and people are dying because the people they put you in charge of to make sure they follow rules and regulations are not following the rules and regulations, it means you are not doing your job so you are ultimately responsible.

You are in charge, not the people they ask you to supervise.

The minister and her agencies are in charge, not Associated Airlines.

The buck stops with you, not the people under you.

Grab a book on leadership and supervision and read for your own good.

The office of Minister is more of an advisory and monitoring position as well as policy formulating co-ordinator.

Will the Minister do the same job that the NCAA was mandated to do?
Should she be running her ministry from NCAA headquarters?
The NCAA is populated with season professionals who ought to know what they do.
Having tried to explain to you the scenario leading to both crashes (DANA and Associated) it ought to be crystal clear that full responsibility should be on the operators of these airlines and not the NCAA, FAAN, NAMA, NIMET or the Ministry of Aviation.
I believe strongly that were the Ministry erred was that legal and criminal prosecution was not used in the case of DANA air where it was crystal clear that the operator put lives on risk for pure profit and greed.
So the question that should be asked is; should the Nigerian Aviation authority put in place criminal clauses of negligence and subsequent punitive actions when dealing with local operators? Because from what we are seeing now is that the Nigerian GREED Factor is more at work than the failing of any bureaucracy or regulatory authority.

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah Sells petrol And She called President Jonathan A Drunk by dridowu: 4:32pm On Oct 09, 2013
Hmmmmm , honestly total speechless. Power drunken leaders is all what we have in Nigeria.
"crash is inevitable"- Minister ?#######smdh######
Re: Stella Oduah Sells petrol And She called President Jonathan A Drunk by DonMagicJuan: 4:41pm On Oct 09, 2013
agbameta:

Associated Airlines are subject to full criminal prosecution if it is established that they did not follow on the standard safety regulations.

Associated Airlines operate several different aircrafts which have their own minimal operating safety guidelines.
The piloting crew must have met the minimum flight training hours to be qualified to operate the aircraft. The cockpit and ground crew were trained and certified by the manufacturers and their names are documented and gazetted as qualified crew in handling the aircraft by both the local regulatory authorities (NCAA) and also by the manufacturers.

If for some reason complacency and sloppiness is allowed to affect their day to day operation is it the Aviation authorities or the Airline management system that has to put a check on this attitude and/or behavior?

The fact remains that your type require a human head to blame for every tragedy and you have chosen Stella because she is neither a member of your hypocritical party or a yoruba or at worst she is an Igbo.
Re: Stella Oduah Sells petrol And She called President Jonathan A Drunk by agbameta: 5:36pm On Oct 09, 2013
Don Magic Juan:

Associated Airlines are subject to full criminal prosecution if it is established that they did not follow on the standard safety regulations.

Associated Airlines operate several different aircrafts which have their own minimal operating safety guidelines.

The piloting crew must have met the minimum flight training hours to be qualified to operate the aircraft. The cockpit and ground crew were trained and certified by the manufacturers and their names are documented and gazetted as qualified crew in handling the aircraft by both the local regulatory authorities (NCAA) and also by the manufacturers.

If for some reason complacency and sloppiness is allowed to affect their day to day operation is it the Aviation authorities or the Airline management system that has to put a check on this attitude and/or behavior?

MAIN OBJECTIVE

It is the responsibility of the Airworthiness Directorate to ensure that all aircraft in Nigeria are airworthy, i.e. fit to fly.

DAWS also inspects and certifies aircraft according to established procedures; proposes, reviews and approves designs, repairs and modifications; ensures that safety requirements are complied with and, where deficiencies are identified

http://www.ncaa.gov.ng/Public/ncaa/DAWS/Default.aspx

Functions

For a better oversight of all aircraft in the Nigerian airspace, the Directorate has employed, trainined and put to service additional Safety Inspectors. This has greatly enhanced the Directorate's ability to handle both maintenance and core engineering surveillance within the aviation industry.
In addition, DAWS conducts safety audit and inspections of all aircraft operators in the country and notifies individual airlines of relevant findings for their corrective action.

http://www.ncaa.gov.ng/Public/ncaa/DAWS/Default.aspx

So, what you are saying is, the NCAA has no statutory obligation to make sure all the planes in our airspace are air worthy and that task belongs to private entities, the airlines and operators? It is not the NCAA's job to make sure their planes are airworthy and it's up to the airlines to make sure their planes are OK and when something bad happens, the NCAA is not accountable?

Basically the airlines and operators police and sanction themselves when necessary?

Do you even know anything about the NCAA and what it stands for?

Are you really dumb or you are playing dumb? Which is Which?
Re: Stella Oduah Sells petrol And She called President Jonathan A Drunk by talktimi(m): 4:16am On Oct 10, 2013
agbameta:

at least we have established that my rant (?) is logical so what are we talking about again ? Lets wait for the accident investigation bureau to round up its work before hanging anybody. Plane crashes are always down to two things ; pilot error or mechanical fault. This plane hadnt flown since august due to mechanical problems, on the fateful day the plane was under repairs with the engineers even on board as they wanted to take it on a test flight - the ground crew at the airport cleared it for commercial flight knowing fully well that the plane wasnt sound enough but the right people must be punished. This is definitely a sad event but we must not use herd mentality or hatred for a person to come to our judgement. Thank you.
Re: Stella Oduah Sells petrol And She called President Jonathan A Drunk by agbameta: 4:30am On Oct 10, 2013
talktimi: at least we have established that my rant (?) is logical so what are we talking about again ? Lets wait for the accident investigation bureau to round up its work before hanging anybody. Plane crashes are always down to two things ; pilot error or mechanical fault. This plane hadnt flown since august due to mechanical problems, on the fateful day the plane was under repairs with the engineers even on board as they wanted to take it on a test flight - the ground crew at the airport cleared it for commercial flight knowing fully well that the plane wasnt sound enough but the right people must be punished. This is definitely a sad event but we must not use herd mentality or hatred for a person to come to our judgement. Thank you.

MAIN OBJECTIVE

It is the responsibility of the Airworthiness Directorate to ensure that all aircraft in Nigeria are airworthy, i.e. fit to fly.

What is your problem really? What part of the quote above you don't get or can not read and comprehend?

Its the government's job as stated in the quote above to make sure every plane in our airspace is fit to fly, we pay people to stick their noses inside the planes and their engines to make sure they are airworthy.

The plane did not crash because of any Act of God or Natural disaster, it crashed because of human error, it crashed because of lack of proper inspection and oversight.

We don't pay greedy and profit oriented private companies to say to us that their planes are OK, they are not in charge of our regulatory agencies and they don't make any rules, the government does and we pay people to look out for us and make sure we don't fly in aircofins.
Re: Stella Oduah Sells petrol And She called President Jonathan A Drunk by talktimi(m): 5:40am On Oct 10, 2013
agbameta:

What is your problem really? What part of the quote above you don't get or can not read and comprehend?

Its the government's job as stated in the quote above to make sure every plane in our airspace is fit to fly, we pay people to stick their noses inside the planes and their engines to make sure they are airworthy.

The plane did not crash because of any Act of God or Natural disaster, it crashed because of human error, it crashed because of lack of proper inspection and oversight.

We don't pay greedy and profit oriented private companies to say to us that their planes are OK, they are not in charge of our regulatory agencies and they don't make any rules, the government does and we pay people to look out for us and make sure we don't fly in aircofins.

we're on the same page, lets just hope this tragedy is not swept under the carpet after a few months
Re: Stella Oduah Sells petrol And She called President Jonathan A Drunk by SterlingTowers(m): 7:34am On Oct 11, 2013
theshadyexpress: d op is a mumu

Bungler!

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is Why Biafrans Are Leaving Ndu_chuks And Junaid Muhammed / Prediction For 2015 Presidential Election / Jonathan Replies Obasanjo: Prove ‘hit-squad’ Allegation Or Remain A Coward

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.