Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,058 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:41 PM

Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. (7529 Views)

TEN QUESTIONS That Christians Can Never Answer / Where Is It Written In The Bible That Masturbation Is A Sin???? / Is It The Bible That Says Virgin Brides Should Wear White? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by Image123(m): 1:26pm On Oct 17, 2013
Hos 13:4 Yet I am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no savior beside me.
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by Mintayo(m): 1:45pm On Oct 17, 2013
Daniel 11:32. KJV
And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall be corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong and do exploits .
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:47pm On Oct 17, 2013
Even NL has to censor some passages.

Ezekiel 23:19-20

19 Yet she became more and more promiscuous as she recalled the days of her youth, when she was a prostitute in Egypt. 20 There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses.
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:57pm On Oct 17, 2013
You just have to wonder why he bothered creating them in the first place.

2 Chronicles 13:15-18

15 and the men of Judah raised the battle cry. At the sound of their battle cry, God routed Jeroboam and all Israel before Abijah and Judah. 16 The Israelites fled before Judah, and God delivered them into their hands. 17 Abijah and his troops inflicted heavy losses on them, so that there were five hundred thousand casualties among Israel’s able men. 18 The Israelites were subdued on that occasion, and the people of Judah were victorious because they relied on the Lord, the God of their ancestors.
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by Image123(m): 2:01pm On Oct 17, 2013
Eph 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
1Jo 4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by rabzy: 6:21pm On Oct 17, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Here. Have a taste of this. There's more if you have patience.

Matthew 10:34-36

34 “Don’t imagine that I came to bring peace to the earth! No, rather, a sword. 35 I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law— 36 a man’s worst enemies will be right in his own home!

This verse you quoted shows that you know little about what you are talking about. There is nothing to be ashamed of, either in the old testament nor in the new. You only read, you do not understand the scriptures nor the God that gave it.

This is from the chapter you quoted from, hopefully you will understand what Jesus meant by taking away peace from the earth by reading the whole chapter or the following excerpts

(Matthew 10:21-23) . . .Further, brother will deliver up brother to death, and a father his child, and children will rise up against parents and will have them put to death. 22 And YOU will be objects of hatred by all people on account of my name; but he that has endured to the end is the one that will be saved. 23 When they persecute YOU in one city, flee to another;. . .

(Matthew 10:32-37) . . .“Everyone, then, that confesses union with me before men, I will also confess union with him before my Father who is in the heavens; 33 but whoever disowns me before men, I will also disown him before my Father who is in the heavens. 34 Do not think I came to put peace upon the earth; I came to put, not peace, but a sword. 35 For I came to cause division, with a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a young wife against her mother-in-law. 36 Indeed, a man’s enemies will be persons of his own household. 37 He that has greater affection for father or mother than for me is not worthy of me; and he that has greater affection for son or daughter than for me is not worthy of me.

1 Like

Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by Nobody: 7:00pm On Oct 17, 2013
rabzy:

This verse you quoted shows that you know little about what you are talking about. There is nothing to be ashamed of, either in the old testament nor in the new. You only read, you do not understand the scriptures nor the God that gave it.

This is from the chapter you quoted from, hopefully you will understand what Jesus meant by taking away peace from the earth by reading the whole chapter or the following excerpts

(Matthew 10:21-23) . . .Further, brother will deliver up brother to death, and a father his child, and children will rise up against parents and will have them put to death. 22 And YOU will be objects of hatred by all people on account of my name; but he that has endured to the end is the one that will be saved. 23 When they persecute YOU in one city, flee to another;. . .

(Matthew 10:32-37) . . .“Everyone, then, that confesses union with me before men, I will also confess union with him before my Father who is in the heavens; 33 but whoever disowns me before men, I will also disown him before my Father who is in the heavens. 34 Do not think I came to put peace upon the earth; I came to put, not peace, but a sword. 35 For I came to cause division, with a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a young wife against her mother-in-law. 36 Indeed, a man’s enemies will be persons of his own household. 37 He that has greater affection for father or mother than for me is not worthy of me; and he that has greater affection for son or daughter than for me is not worthy of me.

Nice work...one thing everybody should know is that Alfa seltzer posts bible quotations half way..to catch him pants down just read the full chapter.
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:12pm On Oct 17, 2013
rabzy:

Wow! The full chapter is even worse. See jesus telling his soldiers to run away. No wonder!

Then from verse 32, the powerful creator is pledging revenge against his creatures grin grin grin grin grin. "If you do me, I go do you", like an illiterate vagabond. So pitiful and pathetic.
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by rabzy: 10:59am On Nov 13, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Wow! The full chapter is even worse. See jesus telling his soldiers to run away. No wonder!

Then from verse 32, the powerful creator is pledging revenge against his creatures grin grin grin grin grin. "If you do me, I go do you", like an illiterate vagabond. So pitiful and pathetic.

You are just a jester and are for a certainty not a muslim, no muslim derides Jesus or any of the prophets on whom salawat is said. Many of the 'atrocities' you are citing were 'committed' by people that were honoured in the quran and as many of you say were muslims.
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by macof(m): 11:04am On Nov 13, 2013
rabzy:

You are just a jester and are for a certainty not a muslim, no muslim derides Jesus or any of the prophets on whom salawat is said. Many of the 'atrocities' you are citing were 'committed' by people that were honoured in the quran and as many of you say were muslims.
So musims are ur friendly next door neighbours
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by SeedofOnan(m): 12:06pm On Nov 13, 2013
Seed of Onan: However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you.  You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land.  You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance.  You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way.  (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT

If you buy a Hebrew slave, he is to serve for only six years.  Set him free in the seventh year, and he will owe you nothing for his freedom.  If he was single when he became your slave and then married afterward, only he will go free in the seventh year.  But if he was married before he became a slave, then his wife will be freed with him.  If his master gave him a wife while he was a slave, and they had sons or daughters, then the man will be free in the seventh year, but his wife and children will still belong to his master.  But the slave may plainly declare, 'I love my master, my wife, and my children.  I would rather not go free.'  If he does this, his master must present him before God.  Then his master must take him to the door and publicly pierce his ear with an awl.  After that, the slave will belong to his master forever.  (Exodus 21:2-6 NLT)

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are.  If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again.  But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her.  And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter.  If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife.  If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment.  (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished.  If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.  (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear.  Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ.  (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed.  If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful.  You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts.  Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them.  (1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)

The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it.  "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly.  Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given."  (Luke 12:47-48 NLT)
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by SeedofOnan(m): 12:10pm On Nov 13, 2013
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com

http://www.evilbible.com

Two great resources for all of us to keep this thread going.
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:22am On Nov 14, 2013
rabzy:

Satan forbid that I become a head knocker with gay tendencies. Imagine showing my ass to fellow men pretending I was praying!
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by macof(m): 11:49am On Nov 14, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Satan forbid that I become a head knocker with gay tendencies. Imagine showing my ass to fellow men pretending I was praying!

grin grin
Messing while praying could be disastrous
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by rabzy: 8:23am On Nov 15, 2013
macof:

grin grin
Messing while praying could be disastrous

Alfa Seltzer:

Like i said you guys are comedians, laughter is good for your health.

A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones......Prov 17:22
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by Nobody: 9:27am On Nov 15, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: Deuteronomy 25:11-12

11 If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, 12 you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity.
Why is the bible interested in if the woman grab's a man's shlong?

You mean these Christians are trying to say that God says any woman that grab's a man's shlong in a fight must be killed?

I mean, this is a joke, right?

Why must these people subject the Almighty to ridicule in the name of religion and profit?
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 15, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: Psalm 137:9

9 Blessed shall he be who takes your little ones
and dashes them against the rock!
My goodness!
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 15, 2013
vanhelsing: What is Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.

Only Mental midgets and intellectual dwarfs would subscribe to this.

Faith and Higher Intelligence are diametrically opposite. If a god exists, it should be able to be found through intelligent queries and investigations, rather than referencing ancient dubious documents or servile genuflecting.
Chei...Christians don suffa! See finishing. grin Good points though.
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 15, 2013
Mintayo: John 8:44 (NLT)
44. For you are the children of your father the devil(satan), and you love to do the evil things He does. He was a murderer from the begining. He has always hated the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies,it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies.
Anyone notice that these are just wild, baseless accusations made against "Satan" in the bible, lacking in specifics, while the verses involving "God" show actual, real crimes?

2 Likes

Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 15, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Here. Have a taste of this. There's more if you have patience.

Matthew 10:34-36

34 “Don’t imagine that I came to bring peace to the earth! No, rather, a sword. 35 I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law— 36 a man’s worst enemies will be right in his own home!
There was a time I actually used to regard this verse as a sign of a "good lord". Religion can really make one think upside down.

1 Like

Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:05am On Nov 15, 2013
ROSSIKE: There was a time I actually used to regard this verse as a sign of a "good lord". Religion can really make one think upside down.

I tell ya.
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 17, 2013
And u fail to know dat in those days some law was created by men.... Jesus came 2 save all. Nice research y can't u write a book for your satan or u dnt know d history of your lord.... Leave d book of Christians alone u dnt believe In christ leave his words and teaching alone.... I know all your 45 topics were created to deceive christians go and read the book of your satan
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by macof(m): 10:53pm On Nov 17, 2013
bonaventure73: And u fail to know dat in those days some law was created by men.... Jesus came 2 save all. Nice research y can't u write a book for your satan or u dnt know d history of your lord.... Leave d book of Christians alone u dnt believe In christ leave his words and teaching alone.... I know all your 45 topics were created to deceive christians go and read the book of your satan

So u know that the Bible(word of God) is actually the words of men

if you believe the bolded then u are a big fool to believe Jesus saves anybody
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by Nobody: 7:53am On Nov 18, 2013
Say wateva u like.... I stil hope and believe in JESUS.CHRIST some saw were from MOSES....tell me, when will u guys write a book for satan? Is't dat u dnt know wat 2 write abt him
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by Johnikowyi: 7:59am On Nov 18, 2013
Fools their is nothing tio be ashame of hope u read d verses bfre u reached that verse
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by Johnikowyi: 8:00am On Nov 18, 2013
Fools their is nothing to be ashame of hope u read d verses bfre u reached that verse
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by macof(m): 9:36am On Nov 18, 2013
bonaventure73: Say wateva u like.... I stil hope and believe in JESUS.CHRIST some saw were from MOSES....tell me, when will u guys write a book for satan? Is't dat u dnt know wat 2 write abt him

Ignorant
Go to book stores and you see books published that talk all about Satan in his heavenly glory.

Wat about the church of satan, luciferianism??
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:46am On Nov 20, 2013
Numbers 15:32-36

32 And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day.

33 And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation.

34 And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him.

35 And the Lord said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp.

36 And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the Lord commanded Moses.
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by Ivoo(m): 1:05pm On Nov 20, 2013
With All of these you have quoted, none have hurt a fly. If I quote from the Qu'ran, the whole world would have been killing Christians!

The Christians u re insulting today, ll save u tmrw. I see u confessing and embrassing christianity before your death.
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by nnofaith: 1:07pm On Nov 20, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: Numbers 15:32-36

32 And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day.

33 And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation.

34 And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him.

35 And the Lord said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp.

36 And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the Lord commanded Moses.
jesus! why now?
Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by macof(m): 1:28pm On Nov 20, 2013
The Bible God is the leader of demons and not satan

1 Like

Re: Great Verses From The Bible, ... That Christians Are Ashamed Of. by Image123(m): 2:28am On Nov 22, 2013
Luk 13:3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
Luk 13:5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Christ Embassy Pastor Oyakhilome Suspends Nephew Pastor Daysman Oyakhilome / Calling Out Elidaxziel: The Most Dishonest Christian Apologist On Nairaland / Is It Advisable For A Lovepeddler To Pay Tithe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.