Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,653 members, 7,809,476 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:13 AM

Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants - Career (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants (168521 Views)

Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced / Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here / Petroleum Engineers - Bp, Total, Exxonmobil Or Chevron? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (65) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Aspire200(m): 4:30pm On Nov 11, 2014
Cpumping:

I studied geology.

Geology is fine. You just need to be ready to switch to a different area entirely from geoscience if an opportunity comes. If you are comfortable with that then I think you can go ahead.

I have a friend who studied geology but works in a multinational in a different field. It's about what you can handle.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Cpumping(m): 5:04pm On Nov 11, 2014
Aspire200:

Geology is fine. You just need to be ready to switch to a different area entirely from geoscience if an opportunity comes. If you are comfortable with that then I think you can go ahead.

I have a friend who studied geology but works in a multinational in a different field. It's about what you can handle.

Thanks a lot. I appreciate your response
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 11, 2014
Cpumping:
Good morning all,

Pls I need advice from professionals here.

There is a training that would commence in december : Design of subsea risers and mooring lines, I would want to go for.

I have done a little research on subsea risers and mooring lines and it seems like a profitable venture.

My questions are would you advise someone with no experience to attend such training?, are there demand for people that have undergone such training.

Thanks in anticipation to your replies.

imag5
pasino26
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 11, 2014
Cpumping:
Good morning all,

Pls I need advice from professionals here.

There is a training that would commence in december : Design of subsea risers and mooring lines, I would want to go for.

I have done a little research on subsea risers and mooring lines and it seems like a profitable venture.

My questions are would you advise someone with no experience to attend such training?, are there demand for people that have undergone such training.

Thanks in anticipation to your replies.

imag5
pasino26

Cp yea it is a nice one to attend. The trick here is that most of such courses are designed for continuing professionals more like a crash 3day program. I wish to someday share a lot to my friends here. Risers are inclined spools onshore or offshore to avoid obstacles or ease tie-ins. its supposed to be a simple design process if you have prior facilities installation experience. I pray to start up my own firm just see young innovative minds engaged. Mind u, some people promote certain training in the guise that it is in high demand, they're just JOKERS. sorry I replied late will elaborate more later.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Cpumping(m): 10:08am On Nov 12, 2014
pasino26:

Cp yea it is a nice one to attend. The trick here is that most of such courses are designed for continuing professionals more like a crash 3day program. I wish to someday share a lot to my friends here. Risers are inclined spools onshore or offshore to avoid obstacles or ease tie-ins. its supposed to be a simple design process if you have prior facilities installation experience. I pray to start up my own firm just see young innovative minds engaged. Mind u, some people promote certain training in the guise that it is in high demand, they're just JOKERS. sorry I replied late will elaborate more later.

Thank you sir
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by LOSKYXANDER: 8:52am On Nov 17, 2014
What kind of professional/safety courses are available in Nigeria to boost one's chances of gaining employment as a geologist in the oil and gas industry?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by almasterpiece(m): 6:08am On Nov 19, 2014
imag5:
nice one,Petro-tracking are starting their first Petrel training in december and they are currently looking for two instructor..TRAINERS,you can join join them and compliment your offshore job with another one any time you are out.

how do I apply for the instructor position
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by CenzoCee(m): 10:22am On Nov 19, 2014
Please house i need information/assistance on how to go about petrel training with Schlumberger. I have searched online for the next training date n venue but can't seem to find any. Please imag n the likes, your help is needed . Thanks
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 19, 2014
almasterpiece:

how do I apply for the instructor position
send pm will give u coy email id
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by rhazhaqh: 2:26pm On Nov 19, 2014
Good day fellow geoscientist and engineers, kudos to everyone for the advice and supports, they worth millions. Following since day 1 in mind and spirit, am currently in my part 4 in a reputable university seeking for an ITplacement, would appreciate if a God-sent person can help. Can be contact through ra.adedokun@gmail.com or 080638162. Thanks for the indulgence and support
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Philax(m): 4:28am On Nov 20, 2014
Fundamentals of Petrel and seismic interpretation Training registration is on ... INQUIRY CALL 08108927239
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by dawtune(m): 5:37am On Nov 20, 2014
geophyscist:
please any unilag student studying geology or geophysics in the house. Or probably in southwest university.300level please i need help.
. I'm a 300level Geology student... Of what help can I be?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by dawtune(m): 5:37am On Nov 20, 2014
[quote author=dawtune post=28175817]. I'm a 300level Geology student... Of what help can I be?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by CenzoCee(m): 10:55am On Nov 20, 2014
imag5:
good morning professional hope you will winning we organizing a 3days course on fundamentals of seismic interpretation for November and December this year,course contain knowing the basic of seismic interpretation using petrel guest lecturer will be a geo-science lecturer(PHD)from AAU,tea break,lunch and career talk will be share also among participant.will drop details of registration later..class of 20people only.

Please i need your assistance / information on how to go about petrel training with Schlumberger. I have searched online for the next training date n venue but can't seem to find any.. Thanks
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by CenzoCee(m): 10:57am On Nov 20, 2014
2sExy1:
OP, well done.

This is the kind of news we need on here.

The difference between winners and losers is INFORMATION.

Please i need your assistance / information on how to go about petrel training with Schlumberger. I have searched online for the next training date n venue but can't seem to find any.. Thanks
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by arcgisng: 10:00am On Nov 21, 2014
Something of interest to everyone.

Share your GIS Stories...
Fun and learning.

Now official:
Visit www.esrinigeria.com

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Johnwills(m): 7:52pm On Nov 23, 2014
Hello guys I need your help. Between Electrical/Electronics Engineering @FUTO and Applied Geophysics @OAU, which is the best in terms of career path and availability of job in nigeria.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 8:32am On Nov 24, 2014
Johnwills:
Hello guys I need your help. Between Electrical/Electronics Engineering @FUTO and Applied Geophysics @OAU, which is the best in terms of career path and availability of job in nigeria.
hmmm tough corner well all i can say follow your heart and become the best in any choice u decided to take,as for me i will go for elec elect any time any day...just be the best in whatever u do thats all,it not the course of study that matters but the ability for you to make good use of it....
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Ezegozie(m): 10:22am On Nov 24, 2014
please some one should explain
graduate internship for me, because it seems confusing.

(1) must you be an Msc student before you will be eligible to apply for graduate internship?

(2) What are the geology related oil companies that have graduate internship in their agenda?

Waiting for the God sent individual that will make this clear to me
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by crudedude(m): 11:56am On Nov 24, 2014
Johnwills:

in terms of job availability EE is the better of the two. In fact it trumps Geophysics by miles. And Futo is a good and known school. Geophysics is if you really love the field and feel you'll shine better there. The career path question is a personal thing. Any career oriented person should have a career path which might not even be in the course they studied in their first degree.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by crudedude(m): 12:04pm On Nov 24, 2014
Ezegozie:
please some one should explain
graduate internship for me, because it seems confusing.

(1) must you be an Msc student before you will be eligible to apply for graduate internship?

(2) What are the geology related oil companies that have graduate internship in their agenda?

Waiting for the God sent individual that will make this clear to me

1. Not exactly. Depends on employers requirements. Some need MSc others can take fresh grads.
2. The multinationals more especially. The big players. You know their names or if you don't you can Google them up. Smaller (indigenous) companies might have graduate programs and might choose to advertise, poach from schools or simply recruit through referrals.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Johnwills(m): 5:05pm On Nov 24, 2014
imag5:
hmmm tough corner well all i can say follow your heart and become the best in any choice u decided to take,as for me i will go for elec elect any time any day...just be the best in whatever u do thats all,it not the course of study that matters but the ability for you to make good use of it....
thanks my brother. You've done noble for me. I appreciate.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Ezegozie(m): 6:48pm On Nov 24, 2014
crudedude:

1. Not exactly. Depends on employers requirements. Some need MSc others can take fresh grads.
2. The multinationals more especially. The big players. You know their names or if you don't you can Google them up. Smaller (indigenous) companies might have graduate programs and might choose to advertise, poach from schools or simply recruit through referrals.

thanks boss.

Your signature is funny.
Lol.

Thanks once more
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by crudedude(m): 10:15pm On Nov 24, 2014
Ezegozie:

thanks boss.

Your signature is funny.
Lol.

Thanks once more

Anytime boss.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by oote: 1:28pm On Nov 25, 2014
BSc & MSc students who are intend to do their project on Seismic Interpretation and Well Logs/Petrophysical Evaluation. Contact me on 28688C1B.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by chiboy429(m): 3:03pm On Nov 29, 2014
What is the fate of the oil sector in relation to prospective and incubent stakeholders in this phase of the black gold misfortune
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Ezegozie(m): 8:39am On Dec 06, 2014
Some of my Petrel training pictures

2 Shares

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by wierdpsycho: 8:40pm On Dec 06, 2014
chiboy429:
What is the fate of the oil sector in relation to prospective and incubent stakeholders in this phase of the black gold misfortune
the oil sector is down for good this time. technical and fundamental analysis all say the same thing...... "THE REIGN OF THE BLACK GOLD IS OVER"
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by chiboy429(m): 9:51pm On Dec 06, 2014
wierdpsycho:
the oil sector is down for good this time. technical and fundamental analysis all say the same thing...... "THE REIGN OF THE BLACK GOLD IS OVER"

You are right to some extent
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 7:59am On Dec 08, 2014
Good day to all professionals and aspiring geoscientist on this great thread. I am currently in my fourth grade (B.tech in marine geoscience) and in need of Industrial Training Placement either in Porthacourt or Lagos. Anybody with useful info should please contact me via
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by oote: 5:56pm On Dec 08, 2014
Ezegozie:
Will you like to experience first class training in the use of petrel, then contact the petrel guru himself.
Adepeko Adeniyi on 08066738612.
See few of the pictures of my training below.
What is the fee, duration & version of Petrel to use?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by recentelder(m): 8:13pm On Dec 08, 2014
Good day geo fellow, am currently working in abuja and the chance of making it down to either port or lagos for any training is not feasible due to the nature of my job. Is there any online oil and gas training for somebody like me?

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (65) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Recruitment List Out! / Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons / Interview Question: 'What Time Are You Available To Start Work?'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.