Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,372 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants (168885 Views)

Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced / Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here / Petroleum Engineers - Bp, Total, Exxonmobil Or Chevron? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (65) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by log1(m): 11:40am On Oct 16, 2013
harde2lah:
sorry, ve bin very busy wif academic work nd my thesis. I ll b roundin up my prog by november. I ll share my experience soon. Fellow Geoscientist nd pet engrs, u can check this out -www.chevening.com/nigeria. Its a british post graduate scholarship. Nt sure d link is correct. U can as wel google chevening scholarship nigeria.

I wish you success as your program is coming to an end. Shalom

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by conyema12(m): 8:04pm On Oct 16, 2013
Hi guys am so happy to meet my fellow. Geologist
Actually I have bee looking for a forum like this.
I am a geologist with strong competence in reservoir modelling and petrophysicis. This is because I did my Msc in that area as well as my 12 months internship in shell , but after the internship I got another job as a field engr majoring in coil tubing services which is an aspect of well intervention. Pls guys dnt get me wrong, I love the experience as I often go to the rigs offshore to render some services, I also acquired International Well Control Certifications as well as Basic offshore certification. I have put in 18 months with them.
However I just got admision in USA for a masters program in petroleum geosciences I will be majoring in petrophysics. ( Which where I have passion for)
My question is, am I on the right track since my background is in geosciences? Do I have future in this Present job since I didn't study engineering,
plz I am in need of advice cos am confused.

2 Likes

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 16, 2013
conyema12: Hi guys am so happy to meet my fellow. Geologist
Actually I have bee looking for a forum like this.
I am a geologist with strong competence in reservoir modelling and petrophysicis. This is because I did my Msc in that area as well as my 12 months internship in shell , but after the internship I got another job as a field engr majoring in coil tubing services which is an aspect of well intervention. Pls guys dnt get me wrong, I love the experience as I often go to the rigs offshore to render some services, I also acquired International Well Control Certifications as well as Basic offshore certification. I have put in 18 months with them.
However I just got admision in USA for a masters program in petroleum geosciences I will be majoring in petrophysics. ( Which where I have passion for)
My question is, am I on the right track since my background is in geosciences? Do I have future in this Present job since I didn't study engineering,
plz I am in need of advice cos am confused.
hello you are on the right track,it all depends on your passion ok.go for your master in usa and become a big boy,which school are u doing your master?and how did u get your shell internship so that all geoscientist can partake in your experience,but all the same congrat......
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 9:40pm On Oct 16, 2013
harde2lah:
sorry, ve bin very busy wif academic work nd my thesis. I ll b roundin up my prog by november. I ll share my experience soon. Fellow Geoscientist nd pet engrs, u can check this out -www.chevening.com/nigeria. Its a british post graduate scholarship. Nt sure d link is correct. U can as wel google chevening scholarship nigeria.
let other geo and PE guys learn from you chairman,pls share your experience on IPS and how much did you pay as school fees..and the fastest way to get their admission.we are here to empower young geofisher and chrismas trees guys..........cheers

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by conyema12(m): 9:57pm On Oct 16, 2013
imag5: hello you are on the right track,it all depends on your passion ok.go for your master in usa and become a big boy,which school are u doing your master?and how did u get your shell internship so that all geoscientist can partake in your experience,but all the same congrat......

Thanx for the reply
My passion lies in petrophysics, I will be heading to univ of.texas. Arlington.
I applied for the internship postion when it came out, it runs annually and they always advertise arroud march.
The beauty of it is that u will be exposed. While the funny aspecT is that they dnt retain people
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 16, 2013
conyema12:

Thanx for the reply
My passion lies in petrophysics, I will be heading to univ of.texas. Arlington.
I applied for the internship postion when it came out, it runs annually and they always advertise arroud march.
The beauty of it is that u will be exposed. While the funny aspecT is that they dnt retain people
good to know bro,i also did petrophysics at my project durning undergraduate level,Petrophysics is so sweet,especially when you are into Reservoir characterisation and formation evaluation,all the best brother pls while in usa pls focus and make dinstinction,,,very soon we be the one having our seismic company in nigeria and all over the world.......i need u in my network,We be starting a seismic company where we need guys like you.....IMR project has pass the first stage even slb wants to partner with us...God has been faithful....who knows tmw somebody like you can be vice president exploration africa region.........i prefer skype we get to talk better via video....one love

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by conyema12(m): 10:19pm On Oct 16, 2013
imag5: good to know bro,i also did petrophysics at my project durning undergraduate level,Petrophysics is so sweet,especially when you are into Reservoir characterisation and formation evaluation,all the best brother pls while in usa pls focus and make dinstinction,,,very soon we be the one having our seismic company in nigeria and all over the world.......i need u in my network,We be starting a seismic company where we need guys like you.....IMR project has pass the first stage even slb wants to partner with us...God has been faithful....who knows tmw somebody like you can be vice president exploration africa region.....my email marcusimagwe@yahoo.com.skype geomakaay....i prefer skype we get to talk better via video....one love

Cheers buddy I will certainly do that. I love networking I will send u a mail. Skype is also good but its terribly slow here.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 12:37am On Oct 17, 2013
@Imag5......Am really impressed at the originator of this forum. Am working on my MSc thesis too but on Organic geochemistry..... I was looking at JC international in PH and was interested in the drilling and well intervention courses.....are they supposed to be done in conjunction with an HSE program for better opportunities?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Dayco(m): 12:38am On Oct 17, 2013
NICE
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 17, 2013
Mister Dan: @Imag5......Am really impressed at the originator of this forum. Am working on my MSc thesis too but on Organic geochemistry..... I was looking at JC international in PH and was interested in the drilling and well intervention courses.....are they supposed to be done in conjunction with an HSE program for better opportunities?
yes brother,just go for your Hse and maybe BOSIET but your company can take care of that when you are employed,jc conduct Rig hse all the best bro
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by doziej84: 11:27am On Oct 17, 2013
@imag5, kindly drop your mobile number so that i give you a call. Am based in PH & will like to get in touch wit you.

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 12:48pm On Oct 17, 2013
doziej84: @imag5, kindly drop your mobile number so that i give you a call. Am based in PH & will like to get in touch wit you.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 17, 2013
Imag5, thanks for creating this thread. Many people often do not know what bearing to take due to limited exposure.

What would you advice for an HND because I know some of the roles undertaken by Bsc holders may not be available to HND holder in same field.

How can one boost his prospects or chances? I studied Petroleum Engineering Technology,PTI.

Since you are based in PH, I will visit you after service.

I will do the HSE after service and will contact you for directions from time to time as a mentor.

Thanks.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Sayet(m): 5:33pm On Oct 17, 2013
imag5: yes it is very possible with chemical engineering you are on track,all you need is go for your masters in PE or go for drilling certificate course like well completion,drilling engineering,mud,coring and so many, there is a school in usa called ACE mud,and oklahoma drilling school,one in canada maritime drilling academy,google should do the rest.....cheers
thanks bro,cant I do those certification in nigeria?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Sayet(m): 5:34pm On Oct 17, 2013
imag5: yes it is very possible with chemical engineering you are on track,all you need is go for your masters in PE or go for drilling certificate course like well completion,drilling engineering,mud,coring and so many, there is a school in usa called ACE mud,and oklahoma drilling school,one in canada maritime drilling academy,google should do the rest.....cheers
thanks bro,cant I do those certifications in nigeria?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Sayet(m): 5:43pm On Oct 17, 2013
thanks bro,but I will need u to enlighten me which is better,I mean the one that could give ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥ a better offer between the msc In PE and the certificate courses.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 18, 2013
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 18, 2013
Sayet: thanks bro,cant I do those certifications in nigeria?
yes it very possible to do it nigeria or abroad but it very expensive a course here is about 500k in nigeria,but abroad you should be talking about a million naira due to fact you have to pay for flight and accomodation when you get there ....or you can go to IFP.com use google first you see different petroleum course in france and other country...cheers
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 18, 2013
Thanks...[quote author=imag5][/quote]
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 18, 2013
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 18, 2013
I have heard of IPS but haven't taken time to thoroughly look into it.

Do they accept HND holders?
harde2lah: hello engineers and geoscientist, how are you all doing in your endeavors? I hope life is treating u well. Its not easy, but you just have to keep trying and putting your best until you get to where u wanna be.
For those who don't really know much about IPS. IPS means Institute of Petroleum Studies (IPS), Port Harcourt. Ranked no. 1 in Nigeria for Petroleum engineering graduate program, IPS is an affiliate institution of IFP School, France, and is sponsored by NNPC/Total JV. IPS is an interesting place to be for young graduates that majored in engineering. IPS also has a geosciences school, but I dont really have much info about that. To get in is neither simple nor hard. you just have to pass through the shadow of the valley of death, but fear no evil cos God is with you. you can also visit the website www.ipsng.org for more info. Will still share my experience when am less busy. Nice day!! if u need more info pls lets me know. Please let me know if there are any grammatical error(s) in my post as i do not have the time to proof-read what i typed. thanks!!
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 18, 2013
NO!!
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 18, 2013
Okay.. Opportunity yakpa!!!
harde2lah: NO!!
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 18, 2013
imag5: Thanks everyone,jpts certified drilling operations and offshore technology is 30k at pH.....hope u guys are fine.....we are the future..don't give up......if u are already a graduate sent or CV to my mail marcusimagwe@yahoo.com

JPTS? would want to know their address my man cuz am in Ph, kinda hopeful for a job soon offshore anyway so I need that training and certification.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 18, 2013
Nancy09:

JPTS? would want to know their address my man cuz am in Ph, kinda hopeful for a job soon offshore anyway so I need that training and certification.
go to their website and book jpts.org traning will be starting on nov 18-22 at Nnamadi azikwe street,diobu mile2 u pay one week before the cmmencement of the course,in their site u see the number to calls just pick anyone,another tranning will be at warri 2nd week of dec to be precise cheers...
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 18, 2013
I visited jpts.org but was directed to Japanes site. Could the extension be wrong; as in .com instead of .org?
imag5: go to their website and book jpts.org traning will be starting on nov 18-22 at Nnamadi azikwe street,diobu mile2 u pay one week before the cmmencement of the course,in their site u see the number to calls just pick anyone,another tranning will be at warri 2nd week of dec to be precise cheers...
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 18, 2013
2s£xy:
I visited jpts.org but was directed to Japanes site. Could the extension be wrong; as in .com instead of .org?
lol try jpts.com the full meaning joint professional traning and support system or use google first
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 18, 2013
It is jptsng.org.

Review can be found here: http://idahosaejalen./2013/01/16/joint-professional-training-support-international-jpts/

imag5: lol try jpts.com the full meaning joint professional traning and support system or use google first
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 5:33pm On Oct 18, 2013
jpts is organising for corpers at reduced rate. 10k- HSE 2
12k for HSE 3
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 18, 2013
Where?
ideology: jpts is organising for corpers at reduced rate. 10k- HSE 2
12k for HSE 3
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 5:51pm On Oct 18, 2013
2s£xy:
Where?
am serving in kwara states, will check the other states later, but I know lagos is their head office.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 5:53pm On Oct 18, 2013
2s£xy:
Where?
am serving in kwara states, will check the other states later, but I know lagos is their head office.
@imag is MITA recognised, I really want to do mine with NISP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (65) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Recruitment List Out! / Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons / Interview Question: 'What Time Are You Available To Start Work?'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.