Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Tade Ipadeola Wins 2013 Nigeria Prize For Literature - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tade Ipadeola Wins 2013 Nigeria Prize For Literature (8362 Views)

The White Wizard By Tade Adegbindin / Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. / The Nigeria Prize For Literature 2013: CALL FOR ENTRIES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tade Ipadeola Wins 2013 Nigeria Prize For Literature by Hgold(m): 11:36pm On Oct 09, 2013
passing by.
Re: Tade Ipadeola Wins 2013 Nigeria Prize For Literature by Lamasta(m): 11:45pm On Oct 09, 2013
I think say na Nobel Prize for Literature in win self
Re: Tade Ipadeola Wins 2013 Nigeria Prize For Literature by Nobody: 11:55pm On Oct 09, 2013
no one noticed that the winner's name is

[size=18pt]IPADeola[/size]?

1 Like

Re: Tade Ipadeola Wins 2013 Nigeria Prize For Literature by poshpimkiey(f): 12:00am On Oct 10, 2013
Messilo: Literature my foot! How dare these people compare literature to physics, chemistry, maths and biology!
this one is inane o. dude, science n technology are d reasons we've got a big hole in the ozone layer, contaminated water bodies, nuclear weapons, radiations... i'm not saying sci&tech are entirely evil, but how much good n much more bad have they bestowed on mankind. Literature has done humanity no harm, it has rather opened minds to the delightful realm of uninhibited existence where you are in control of all n sundry. guy...pls donot vex me. thank you

2 Likes

Re: Tade Ipadeola Wins 2013 Nigeria Prize For Literature by imohchard(m): 12:01am On Oct 10, 2013
The main reason i click on dis thread was becoz i tot he won a NOBEL prize....so not impressed shocked
Re: Tade Ipadeola Wins 2013 Nigeria Prize For Literature by Chregor(m): 12:03am On Oct 10, 2013
But it's cool to say dat i hardly open a page of such texts when I've got alot to read about on nairaland. With quite a few megabytes on my phone, it feels like I'm immune to opening anything in print; Or am i the only one going through this ordeal?
Re: Tade Ipadeola Wins 2013 Nigeria Prize For Literature by Nobody: 12:22am On Oct 10, 2013
Messilo: Literature my foot! How dare these people compare literature to physics, chemistry, maths and biology!
u are only sharp but not intelligent. I wonder d type of doctor u will become
Re: Tade Ipadeola Wins 2013 Nigeria Prize For Literature by Nobody: 1:01am On Oct 10, 2013
A scheme like this is what companies should be spending money on, and not on wack shows like the bba. Congrats to the brainiac. Repping naija all day erryday
Re: Tade Ipadeola Wins 2013 Nigeria Prize For Literature by whitecat007: 3:28am On Oct 10, 2013
Yoruba man making us proud again
Re: Tade Ipadeola Wins 2013 Nigeria Prize For Literature by aladesuyi(m): 4:17am On Oct 10, 2013
since dat mrni i saw tade n d oda man on channela tv mrni show have i known he was going to win.he spoke wit conviction,knew wat he wrote n was positive abt it,CONGRATS SIR!
Re: Tade Ipadeola Wins 2013 Nigeria Prize For Literature by laurel03(m): 4:45am On Oct 10, 2013
Mr Tade Congrats and do not forget the TBN in Ibadan
Re: Tade Ipadeola Wins 2013 Nigeria Prize For Literature by sylve11: 6:22am On Oct 10, 2013
Well done! cool
Re: Tade Ipadeola Wins 2013 Nigeria Prize For Literature by Mayflowa(m): 6:23am On Oct 10, 2013
Messilo: What of physics, chemistry and medicine that contribute much more to world development than that meaningless literature.

Actually, NLNG also has Science & research prizes. My colleague, Prof. Ibhadode has once won for development of new method for precision die design. Have you bothered to google NLNG's prize categories?

2 Likes

Re: Tade Ipadeola Wins 2013 Nigeria Prize For Literature by Nobody: 6:29am On Oct 10, 2013
I thought I saw "Tablet ipad"undecided

3 Likes

Re: Tade Ipadeola Wins 2013 Nigeria Prize For Literature by olatade(m): 6:35am On Oct 10, 2013
He did well,congratulations to ma namesake cool

1 Like

Re: Tade Ipadeola Wins 2013 Nigeria Prize For Literature by bizlifelines(m): 8:07am On Oct 10, 2013
Olumidzti: That's a good thing & it's a challenge to everyone. Writing is not easy, even writing a single great post is hard not to talk of a book. Thumbs up to Mr Tade.
God bless you. You need to see what we went through to produce Nigeria's most comprehensive business opportunity handbook.
Mr Ipadeola's literary effort is a feat and proudly Nigerian! I congratulate and thank him and his wife for the huge sacrifice.
Check out my book on www.sunkanmivaughan.com

Re: Tade Ipadeola Wins 2013 Nigeria Prize For Literature by Bababo(m): 8:22am On Oct 10, 2013
Tade Ipadeola is a good poet,ve gone through many of his poems.congratulations do i say to him.
Re: Tade Ipadeola Wins 2013 Nigeria Prize For Literature by kepsi123(m): 8:37am On Oct 10, 2013
Thanks
Messilo: What of physics, chemistry and medicine that contribute much more to world development than that meaningless literature.
I've been in the sciences all my life. Engineering and computers. But men this guy is dumb
Re: Tade Ipadeola Wins 2013 Nigeria Prize For Literature by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 8:51am On Oct 10, 2013
who is the blank slate that called literature useless?

1 Like

Re: Tade Ipadeola Wins 2013 Nigeria Prize For Literature by phtemie(m): 9:25am On Oct 10, 2013
I used to think you're smart.

But now I need no other proof to buttress the fact that you're d.um.b.

1 Like

Re: Tade Ipadeola Wins 2013 Nigeria Prize For Literature by Orikinla(m): 9:41am On Oct 10, 2013
Congratulations to Tade. He is a good poet. And for his entry to beat the entries of Professors Remi Raji and Femi Osofisan, then he must have proved his genius in this competition. But he won, because I did not take part. My latest collection "The Prophet Lied" would have won the prize if it was entered for this one book contest. And it is in fact the most circulated collection of original poems by a Nigerian poet in 2013. The Nigeria Prize for Literature should be awarded to a Nigerian author who has contributed to the growth of our Literature and literary culture and not for "one book wonders". Only few of the previous winners have justified it.
Re: Tade Ipadeola Wins 2013 Nigeria Prize For Literature by Ishilove: 9:46am On Oct 10, 2013
This statement is utterly bereft of sense.

1 Like

Re: Tade Ipadeola Wins 2013 Nigeria Prize For Literature by Ishilove: 9:48am On Oct 10, 2013
Orikinla: Congratulations to Tade. He is a good poet. And for his entry to beat the entries of Professors Remi Raji and Femi Osofisan, then he must have proved his genius in this competition. But he won, because I did not take part. My latest collection "The Prophet Lied" would have won the prize if it was entered for this one book contest. And it is in fact the most circulated collection of original poems by a Nigerian poet in 2013. The Nigeria Prize for Literature should be awarded to a Nigerian author who has contributed to the growth of our Literature and literary culture and not for "one book wonders". Only few of the previous winners have justified it.

Orikiiiiinlaaaa, let us be the judge of that wink grin

1 Like

Re: Tade Ipadeola Wins 2013 Nigeria Prize For Literature by Ishilove: 9:54am On Oct 10, 2013
senbonzakura_kageyoshi: who is the blank slate that called literature useless?
The tabular rasa goes by the moniker 'Melisso'
Re: Tade Ipadeola Wins 2013 Nigeria Prize For Literature by alingo4life: 10:44am On Oct 10, 2013
Another one from Ibadan..First heard he's name and voice on a Radio Programme in Ibadan,Edmound obilo's Voices and i fell totally in love with the Dude..Keep on lighting up the great city of Ibadan..God bless you tunde
Re: Tade Ipadeola Wins 2013 Nigeria Prize For Literature by BabaOlowo: 11:30am On Oct 10, 2013
I used to know this guy, I never knew he is this loaded!
Re: Tade Ipadeola Wins 2013 Nigeria Prize For Literature by UyiIredia(m): 1:05pm On Oct 10, 2013
Good for him. I write poetry as hobby so I would like to read his work for some inspiration_a preview would do. Wish him the best with his money.
Re: Tade Ipadeola Wins 2013 Nigeria Prize For Literature by walade(m): 4:55pm On Oct 10, 2013
Kudos to Tade, may your pen never runs dry smiley
Re: Tade Ipadeola Wins 2013 Nigeria Prize For Literature by Tedpgrass: 5:46pm On Oct 10, 2013
Congrats Mr Ipadeola...

For being Pan-African and spanning generations in this particular collection....

Hope to get more works...

To NLNG, Thanks for supporting efforts pursuing such literary excellence in Naija.

Re: Tade Ipadeola Wins 2013 Nigeria Prize For Literature by Yemlizzy(f): 9:06pm On Oct 10, 2013
Itz often xo nyc 2 emulate gud xters of a person nd itz also quite too early 2 criticise sumone if yhu crave such virtues such a person possesses......thumbs up 2 yhu Mr.Tade!

(1) (2) (Reply)

{hindi Diwas Kavita} Hindi Diwas 2016 Kavita, Hindi Pakhwada Diwas Poem, Rhymes / An Introvert's Tale / CHIDI ADIMABUAH: The Power Of Knowledge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.