Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,609 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Euthansia: The roman catholic perspective - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Euthansia: The roman catholic perspective (1637 Views)

A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / Islam Created By The Roman Catholic / Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Euthansia: The roman catholic perspective by RedHotChic(f): 6:54pm On Jul 01, 2008
Euthanasia or mercy killing has been a subject of controversy lately especially from the roman catholic church that seems to be adamant about it. I don't have anything against catholics but i just have one question for them:
Will you still stand by your belief that euthanasia is unGodly if the patient is on life support machines ?

If you find yourself in a situation where you are in a late stage severe cancer that is usually painful even with morphine, will you not accept to be injected to death so you can rest in peace?

@Other christians: Why are the Pentecostals shying away from issues like euthanasia or abortion from the outside world? They usually let the catholics take the bullet.
Re: Euthansia: The roman catholic perspective by Lady2(f): 12:24am On Jul 02, 2008
If you find yourself in a situation where you are in a late stage severe cancer that is usually painful even with morphine, will you not accept to be injected to death so you can rest in peace?

ALL life is sacred, not some, but ALL. And all deserve a chance to live. If there is a way to survive then survive.
Re: Euthansia: The roman catholic perspective by stephanay(m): 11:56am On Jul 02, 2008
not when the person you love is in pain everyday for three years and once in a while he/she grabs you with the pai and desperation in his/her eyes and whispers hoarsely

Please -let-me-go

sad embarassed
Re: Euthansia: The roman catholic perspective by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jul 02, 2008
The NAZIš also thought the euthanasia was a wonderful idea. . .

Prior to and during World War II, the Nazis carried out an involuntary euthanasia program, largely in secret. In 1939, Nazis, in what was code-named Action T4, killed children under three who exhibited mental retardation, physical deformity or other debilitating problems which they considered gave the disabled child "life unworthy of life”. This program was later extended to include older children and adults, Inmates of mental asylums in Germany and Austria would be transported to an intermediate facility, from where they would be retransported to one of six killing centres at Brandenburg near Berlin (January 1940 - September 1940), Grafeneck near Stuttgart (January 1940 - December 1940), Hartheim near Linz in Austria (January 1940 - December 1944), Sonnenstein/Pirna near Dresden (April 1940 - August 1943), Bernburg near Magdeburg (September 1940 - April 1943), Hadamar near Koblenz (January 1941 - August 1941).

The T4 program of the Nazis was extended to killing of concentration camp inmates when Philipp Bouhler,the head of the T4 program, allowed Heinrich Himmler to utilize T4 doctors, staff and facilities to kill concentration camp prisoners who were "most seriously ill" in a program designated "14f13".

Source => http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euthanasia
Re: Euthansia: The roman catholic perspective by Lady2(f): 12:57pm On Jul 02, 2008
not when the person you love is in pain everyday for three years and once in a while he/she grabs you with the pai and desperation in his/her eyes and whispers hoarsely

Please -let-me-go

This is why I am not God and will not play God. I don't want to see them suffer, but it is not my will, but the will of the Lord that matters.

God's will be done.

ALL life, not some, but ALL life is sacred.
Re: Euthansia: The roman catholic perspective by RedHotChic(f): 3:39pm On Jul 02, 2008
This is why I am not God and will not play God. I don't want to see them suffer, but it is not my will, but the will of the Lord that matters.

God's will be done.

ALL life, not some, but ALL life is sacred.
What if they are on life support machines or artificial hearts? Will it be morally wrong to pull the plug on that machine?
Re: Euthansia: The roman catholic perspective by Gamine(f): 3:48pm On Jul 02, 2008
Why pull the plug.

There is a possibility of a revival.

why Kill
Re: Euthansia: The roman catholic perspective by CH3COO(m): 6:31pm On Jul 02, 2008
Death with honor is better than life with dishonor.   I would much rather die with dignity than live like a vegetable.
Re: Euthansia: The roman catholic perspective by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 02, 2008
CH3COO:

Death with honor is better than life with dishonor. I would much rather die with dignity than live like a vegetable.
So the NAZI's thought when they murdered many sick, old or mentally retarded people in their attempt to create PURE RACE.
Re: Euthansia: The roman catholic perspective by CH3COO(m): 6:51pm On Jul 02, 2008
Don't you think you're misinterpreting my post by a landslide. fu[i]c[/i]king annoying when that happens.
What does the damn Nazi have to do with my little phrase there. Actually, I would like a link suggesting that the Nazis murdered those people for these reaons; rather than your pure speculation. The Nazis were heinous amoral murderers that needed no such excuse for their nauseating actions.
Re: Euthansia: The roman catholic perspective by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 02, 2008
CH3COO:

Don't you think you're misinterpreting my post by a landslide. fu[i]c[/i]king annoying when that happens.
What does the damn Nazi have to do with my little phrase there. Actually, I would like a link suggesting that the Nazis murdered those people for these reaons; rather than your pure speculation. The Nazis were heinous amoral murderers that needed no such excuse for their nauseating actions.

Try reading the long Wikipedia article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euthanasia from which I got this =>

imhotep:

The NAZIš also thought the euthanasia was a wonderful idea. . .

Prior to and during World War II, the Nazis carried out an involuntary euthanasia program, largely in secret. In 1939, Nazis, in what was code-named Action T4, killed children under three who exhibited mental retardation, physical deformity or other debilitating problems which they considered gave the disabled child "life unworthy of life”. This program was later extended to include older children and adults, Inmates of mental asylums in Germany and Austria would be transported to an intermediate facility, from where they would be retransported to one of six killing centres at Brandenburg near Berlin (January 1940 - September 1940), Grafeneck near Stuttgart (January 1940 - December 1940), Hartheim near Linz in Austria (January 1940 - December 1944), Sonnenstein/Pirna near Dresden (April 1940 - August 1943), Bernburg near Magdeburg (September 1940 - April 1943), Hadamar near Koblenz (January 1941 - August 1941).

The T4 program of the Nazis was extended to killing of concentration camp inmates when Philipp Bouhler,the head of the T4 program, allowed Heinrich Himmler to utilize T4 doctors, staff and facilities to kill concentration camp prisoners who were "most seriously ill" in a program designated "14f13".

Re: Euthansia: The roman catholic perspective by CH3COO(m): 6:58pm On Jul 02, 2008
Involuntary euthanasia program.  That's obviously illegal and is again a sign of the ill-practiced cruelty the Nazis are well known for.  In regards to my first post, I meant to say that I would rather die of natural consequences, than be forced to live by means of some machinery that turns me into a veggie.
Re: Euthansia: The roman catholic perspective by huxley(m): 7:00pm On Jul 02, 2008
Logical fallacy after logical fallacy:

The Nazi also wanted to make trains run on time, to build great infrastructure projects such as roads, dams, agro-industrial complexes, etc.

Does it mean that these ideas are necessarily bad because the Nazis once had these self-same ideas.

Every idea should be evaluated on its merit not on whether so-and-so share the idea.
Re: Euthansia: The roman catholic perspective by CH3COO(m): 7:03pm On Jul 02, 2008
Logical fallacies . . . .lol . . . more like factual statements. No one's denying that the Nazis had other ideas. Please correct your train of thought.
Re: Euthansia: The roman catholic perspective by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 02, 2008
huxley:

Logical fallacy after logical fallacy:

The Nazi also wanted to make trains run on time, to build great infrastructure projects such as roads, dams, agro-industrial complexes, etc.
They also developed jackets for fighter pilots who might be shot down in frozen waters -> by freezing many human 'lab rats' to death in the process of testing the effectiveness of the jackets

huxley:

Does it mean that these ideas are necessarily bad because the Nazis once had these self-same ideas.
You can say this because none of your relatives were murdered by them.

huxley:

Every idea should be evaluated on its merit not on whether so-and-so share the idea.
Yes, like killing all the mentally retarded -> for they know not what they do!!!
Re: Euthansia: The roman catholic perspective by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 02, 2008
CH3COO:

Involuntary euthanasia program. That's obviously illegal and is again a sign of the ill-practiced cruelty the Nazis are known for.
But it was still euthanasia. A mentally retarded person, for instance, would not be conscious of the fact that his doctor is making plans to kill him.

CH3COO:

In regards to my first post, I meant to say that I would rather die of natural consequences, than be forced to live by means of some machinery that turns me into a veggie.
I understand. But humans, being what we are, tend to stretch thing beyond reasonable limits.
Re: Euthansia: The roman catholic perspective by huxley(m): 7:08pm On Jul 02, 2008
imhotep:

They also developed jackets for fighter pilots who might be shot down in frozen waters -> by freezing many human 'lab rats' to death in the process of testing the effectiveness of the jackets
You can say this because none of your relatives were murdered by them.
Yes, like killing all the mentally retarded -> for they know not what they do!!!

Should trains be made to run on time? Or no, no, no. That was a Nazi idea and objective.
Re: Euthansia: The roman catholic perspective by CH3COO(m): 7:10pm On Jul 02, 2008
imhotep:

But it was still euthanasia. A mentally retarded person, for instance, would not be conscious of the fact that his doctor is making plans to kill him.

I understand. But humans, being what we are, tend to stretch thing beyond reasonable limits.

A form of euthanasia I don't support.  Yes the mentally retarded person would be unconscious to sound deciion-making.  I don't have a position on euthanasia because it is just too complex, but I do know that I would not want my life stretched beyond rational limits just because some "doctor" wants to do all he can to save my life.
Re: Euthansia: The roman catholic perspective by Gamine(f): 7:10pm On Jul 02, 2008
i wonder what honour has to do with this
Re: Euthansia: The roman catholic perspective by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 02, 2008
huxley:

Should trains be made to run on time?
To transport jews to concentration camps so that they can be murdered

huxley:

Or no, no, no. That was a Nazi idea and objective.
The British developed fast trains, so did the Americans, and Chinese. We are not impressed by the venal Nazis.
Re: Euthansia: The roman catholic perspective by huxley(m): 7:14pm On Jul 02, 2008
imhotep:

The British developed fast trains, so did the Americans, and Chinese. We are not impressed by the venal Nazis.

Oh my dear. The British, Americans and Chinese have done a naughty act as they have implemented a Nazi idea. I must not use a British train again, oh my dear.
Re: Euthansia: The roman catholic perspective by CH3COO(m): 7:14pm On Jul 02, 2008
Gamine:

i wonder what honour has to do with this
Honor has everything to do with this.  It is a concept I don't expect you to understand.  It eludes the practices of most Nigerians.
Re: Euthansia: The roman catholic perspective by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 02, 2008
CH3COO:

A form of euthanasia I don't support. Yes the mentally retarded person would be unconscious to sound deciion-making.
OK. This is one issue that proponents of euthanasia must address. Jesus himself said:

Matthew 25 : 42-43 =>
42 for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink;
43 I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’

CH3COO:

I don't have a position on euthanasia because it is just too complex, but I do know that I would not want my life stretched beyond rational limits just because some "doctor" wants to do all he can to save my life.
Once again, I understand YOUR OPINION.
Re: Euthansia: The roman catholic perspective by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 02, 2008
huxley:

Oh my dear. The British, Americans and Chinese have done a naughty act as they have implemented a Nazi idea. I must not use a British train again, oh my dear.
Why not attempt to ressurect Nazi ideologies at your place of work and see how long you will last.
Re: Euthansia: The roman catholic perspective by Gamine(f): 7:16pm On Jul 02, 2008
To kill or not to kill.

The only honorable deed will be, not to kill.

There is always a Chance that person will live a normal life!
Re: Euthansia: The roman catholic perspective by huxley(m): 7:18pm On Jul 02, 2008
imhotep:

43 I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, [b]sick [/b]and in prison and you did not visit

Can a god become sick?
Re: Euthansia: The roman catholic perspective by CH3COO(m): 7:19pm On Jul 02, 2008
Gamine:

To kill or not to kill.

The only honorable deed will be, not to kill.

There is always a Chance that person will live a normal life!
normal life?

being revived after being left brain-dead? talk sense abeg.  persin wey no sabi feed hinsef let alone talk.  got tubes shoved down ur nose, ur mouth, ur anus, u can't move any part of your body.  just a complete waste.  abeg gamine.
Re: Euthansia: The roman catholic perspective by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 02, 2008
huxley:

Can a god become sick?

Yes, when He chooses to unite Himself with mortal men.
Re: Euthansia: The roman catholic perspective by CH3COO(m): 7:22pm On Jul 02, 2008
imhotep:

OK. This is one issue that proponents of euthanasia must address. Jesus himself said:

42 for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink;
43 I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’
Once again, I understand YOUR OPINION.
Thanks for understanding MY OPINION. What is yours? Forcing the dead to live amongst the living?
Re: Euthansia: The roman catholic perspective by huxley(m): 7:22pm On Jul 02, 2008
imhotep:

Yes, when He chooses to unite Himself with mortal men.

That explains why he was euthanased. smiley
Re: Euthansia: The roman catholic perspective by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 02, 2008
huxley:

That explains why he was euthanased. smiley
And why the crazy Nazi's were defeated. Such a civilization will not be allowed to subsist.
Re: Euthansia: The roman catholic perspective by huxley(m): 7:27pm On Jul 02, 2008
imhotep:

And why the crazy Nazi's were defeated. Such a civilization will not be allowed to subsist.

If euthanasia was good enough for JC, why is it not good for mere mortals?

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Christian Book Would You Recommend To Others And Why / The Parable Of The Trees And The End-Time Churches – Reign Over Us Lord! / UK Man Preached Against Homosexuality And He Was Sent Straight To Jail.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.