Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,191 members, 7,811,491 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

Tales Of What Life Was Like Without Mobile Phones. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Tales Of What Life Was Like Without Mobile Phones. (773 Views)

My Marriage Was A Mistake, If I Knew She Was Like That, I Won’t Have Married Her / Sad Marital Tales From My Friend / Fairy Tales Our Grand Parents Told Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tales Of What Life Was Like Without Mobile Phones. by Nobody: 7:25am On Oct 10, 2013
I could remember my dad a naval officer going to the war in liberia. That morning was very cold, tense and quite different from normal mornings. His neatly packed sailors overall which i helped him move to his car slightly revealed a long shiny sword. My mothers nervousness and the sight of the sword gave me the hint of war which gave me scares like "would this be the last time i would be seeing my dad?"Several hours later, no kid in the neighborhood came out to play cos we stayed in a military estate called navy campsite apapa. I think i was too little to understand what my mum went through when my dad was away...you know, fear of loosing your husband to a war, burden of having to take care of the kids alone for how long only God knows. My thought is that had it been there were mobile phones in africa then situations of such would have bearable.

Another beauty of this technology is that it bridges the gap between people. My girlfriend doyin who said yes to me on monday after 3 years of toasting said it on the phone and we haven't been able to get off the phone which bridges the gap between us while ASUU strike lingers.

feel free to add your own wonderful experiences.
Re: Tales Of What Life Was Like Without Mobile Phones. by badmeat(m): 7:54am On Oct 10, 2013
What more can I say!I now control a lot of poosays!tongue
Re: Tales Of What Life Was Like Without Mobile Phones. by agrovick(m): 8:04am On Oct 10, 2013
U wooed a gal for 3 yrs? I dont envy u @ all, for your sake I hope it works out
Re: Tales Of What Life Was Like Without Mobile Phones. by tobechi20(m): 8:56am On Oct 10, 2013
No nairaland.80% percent of nairalanders use their phone
Re: Tales Of What Life Was Like Without Mobile Phones. by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 10, 2013
agrovick: U wooed a gal for 3 yrs? I dont envy u @ all, for your sake I hope it works out
pls visit a diamond mine, you will know dat good things dont come easy.
Re: Tales Of What Life Was Like Without Mobile Phones. by cycline404(m): 4:36pm On Oct 11, 2013
Men..... You dont wanna know....
It saves lot of writing love letter and ending it with ..... "I drop my golden pen into the basket of your love..""
It was so PALAPALA then...
Re: Tales Of What Life Was Like Without Mobile Phones. by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 14, 2013
Mods, move to technology section.
Re: Tales Of What Life Was Like Without Mobile Phones. by Tinyemeka(m): 7:39am On Dec 28, 2013
Segeggs:

Another beauty of this technology is that it bridges the gap between people. My girlfriend doyin who said yes to me on monday after 3 years of toasting said it on the phone and we haven't been able to get off the phone which bridges the gap between us while ASUU strike lingers.

feel free to add your own wonderful experiences.

What has your girlfriend's Yes got to do with ASUU strike? undecided Yes to what?
You both are in school?
Re: Tales Of What Life Was Like Without Mobile Phones. by Nobody: 9:19am On Dec 28, 2013
Going to a gal's house and Not having the cojones to go and knock on the gate. Used to have to often bribe little kids in the hood to do the job. And waiting for a gal who u set p with. Fear won't let u even go out to buy condoms in case she comes and doesn't meet u.

(1) (Reply)

SHOCKING: Mother Sales Newborn Baby For N68,000 On OLX / Why Married Couples Should Not Stay In Seperate Rooms. / Nairalanders, Stop Wishing Me Good Morning If I Do Not Know You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.