Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,097 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Procedures To Get TIN No. From FIRS - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Procedures To Get TIN No. From FIRS (50361 Views)

How To Confirm TIN From FIRS / Procedures To Get Approval For Multipurpose Cooperative Society / How To Get TIN (Tax Identification Number) From FIRS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Procedures To Get TIN No. From FIRS by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 10, 2013
mikeywise:

TIN is Taxpayers Identification Number.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PROCESSING TIN.

FOR A COMPANY:
1.Incorporation Number
2.Name of company
3. Business address
4. Registered address
5. Line of business
6. Date of Incorporation
7. Date of commencement of business
8. Financial year end

The certificate of incorporation will have t

Oga this your procedure is for retrieval in the case of lost TIN receipt, a new application do not require them, simply take your Certificate and other documents there, together with your Application letter written with your company letter head, signed and sealed with your company's seal, addressed to the comptroller general of FIRS.

1.Incorporation Number: Your CAC certificate has that
2.Name of company: Your CAC certificate has that
4. Registered address: Your letter head is enough for FIRS to confirm your address
5. Line of business
6. Date of Incorporation: Your CAC certificate has that
7. Date of commencement of business: This option is on the form that will be given to you at the FIRS office, since it is a new company, mostly they will advice you to put yet to commence business.
8. Financial year end: How is a business going to have a financial report when they just started and doesnt even have a bank account yet..?

1 Like

Re: Procedures To Get TIN No. From FIRS by meetgaya: 12:25pm On Oct 10, 2013
kaeyame: You should have the following before you get to firs
*a coloured letter headed paper of your company (this is what you will use to apply for. TIN)
* the cac certificate, original (for sighting) and photocopy
*cac form A1 (that carries the photo(s) of the proprietor (s)) photocopy and original
*cac form 6 (that indicates the BN no) photocopy and original
*a company rubber stamp (you will need that to stamp the firs forms)
*on the firs form (VAT), you will be asked for company bank account, if you have one (I doubt this, cos most banks will ask for your TIN number before opening such) you can write "yet to be opened"
Then as soon as you get your TIN number, you can now go and open the account (just make sure you get a company seal ready)

I think I have covered all the basics!
Goodluck

Oh! TIN registration is FREE!!! Plus, I do not work for firs nor cac, I just shared my own experience when I did mine in august this year!

*when filling the forms, if you don't understand anything, leave it blank, cos when you are submitting it, the tax officer will tell you what to write e.g auditors (yet to be appointed) the bank acc I mentioned earlier etc
Cheers
In addition, you will be asked to answer some questionaires, and photocopy of any of NI, DL, or IP
Re: Procedures To Get TIN No. From FIRS by mikeywise(m): 12:27pm On Oct 10, 2013
israel007:

Isn't it deductible at source from one's money? Isn't that you paying a form of tax?

Yes it is. However,it is a credit for the company against future tax liability.
For example, if an amount say 1million is with held from a companys contract, that 1million is still the companys money.
When the company files its tax returns and the companys tax due for that year is 3million, the company would only have to pay 2million.
Thats how withholding tax works.
Re: Procedures To Get TIN No. From FIRS by meetgaya: 12:32pm On Oct 10, 2013
godello: Pls pals i had registered my firm around june and i havn't gone for the TIN number or acct opening. Whats the max duration for obtaining tin number from time of registration. Secondly those that have opened acct hw did get guarantor? Coz thats a difficult task. Pls help thanks.
for the first one month is free. the 2nd month is N10,000.00, the 3rd month is N20,000.00 etc
Re: Procedures To Get TIN No. From FIRS by haladug(m): 12:34pm On Oct 10, 2013
eddiebruk: Write an Application Letter to the comptroller general of FIRS with your registered company letter headed paper to obtain a TIN number, take the letter there together with your Incorporation certificate, they will make a copy of it, and give you a form to fill, after which you will be asked to return back to get your TIN.
Please don't misguide people with your ignorance. learn to stay mute when you don't have the substance to contribute on a topic.
Note:
1. The Executive head of FIRS is Executive Chairman and not Comptroller General
2. You don't write an Application in order to obtain a TIN. You are only required to take your registration papers for sighting
3. A Business name is different from a Company, the latter is incorporated while the former is not
4. You don't submit anything and come back as it doesn't take more than 20mins to have your TIN generated, printed and issued to you for FREE.
Finally, the procedure is as follows...To obtain a TIN number is so simple cos its FREE and instant. just get all your papers regarding the business name registration to REVENUE HOUSE (FIRS HQ), Project FACT Office (Room 302)and in few minutes your Business details will be captured, TIN number generated and a printout issued to you. #Shikena

1 Like

Re: Procedures To Get TIN No. From FIRS by mikeywise(m): 12:38pm On Oct 10, 2013
eddiebruk:

Oga this your procedure is for retrieval in the case of lost TIN receipt, a new application do not require them, simply take your Certificate and other documents there, together with your Application letter written with your company letter head, signed and sealed with your company's seal, addressed to the comptroller general of FIRS.

1.Incorporation Number: Your CAC certificate has that
2.Name of company: Your CAC certificate has that
4. Registered address: Your letter head is enough for FIRS to confirm your address
5. Line of business
6. Date of Incorporation: Your CAC certificate has that
7. Date of commencement of business: This option is on the form that will be given to you at the FIRS office, since it is a new company, mostly they will advice you to put yet to commence business.
8. Financial year end: How is a business going to have a financial report when they just started and doesnt even have a bank account yet..?

I dont have time for debate now, but how will someone float a company without first of all deciding on the financial year end?

1 Like

Re: Procedures To Get TIN No. From FIRS by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 10, 2013
haladug:
Please don't misguide people with your ignorance. learn to stay mute when you don't have the substance to contribute on a topic.
Note:
1. The Executive head of FIRS is Executive Chairman and not Comptroller General
2. You don't write an Application in order to obtain a TIN. You are only required to take your registration papers for sighting
3. A Business name is different from a Company generated and issued, The latter is incorporated while the former is not
4. You don't submit anything and come back as it doesn't take more than 20mins to have your TIN generated, printedand issued tou you for FREE.
Finally, the procedure is as follows...To obtain a TIN number is so simple cos its FREE and instant. just get all your papers regarding the business name registration to REVENUE HOUSE (FIRS HQ), Project FACT Office (Room 302)and in few minutes your Business details will be captured, TIN number generated and a printout issued to you. #Shikena

you dont need an application letter..? An application letter i needed, Oga abeg shift when people with experience are talking you should take your ignorance somewhere else, it is not guaranteed to be same day, like i said before it depends on the effectiveness of the branch you are applying to. You just want to disgrace yourself that you are a compound Idiooot
Re: Procedures To Get TIN No. From FIRS by Nobody: 12:42pm On Oct 10, 2013
mikeywise:

I dont have time for debate now, but how will someone float a company without first of all deciding on the financial year end?

What financial record does a just inc-operated company has that needs to be floated...? that hasn't been done during the registration process in form of percentage of the shareholders...?
Re: Procedures To Get TIN No. From FIRS by mikeywise(m): 12:45pm On Oct 10, 2013
eddiebruk:

you dont need an application letter..? An application letter i needed, Oga abeg shift when people with experience are talking you should take your ignorance somewhere else, it is not guaranteed to be same day, like i said before it depends on the effectiveness of the branch you are applying to. You just want to disgrace yourself that you are a compound Idiooot
What experience are you talking about? Maybe its been 20years since u got a TIN.
So many things have changed , it wont take u more than 1hour at most to get your TIN now
Re: Procedures To Get TIN No. From FIRS by mikeywise(m): 12:47pm On Oct 10, 2013
eddiebruk:

What financial record does a just inc-operated company has that needs to be floated...? that hasn't been done during the registration process in form of percentage of the shareholders...?
Pls dont misquote me, I said FINANCIAL YEAR END and not FINANCIAL RECORD.
Re: Procedures To Get TIN No. From FIRS by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 10, 2013
mikeywise:
What experience are you talking about? Maybe its been 20years since u got a TIN.
So many things have changed , it wont take u more than 1hour at most to get your TIN now

I am not doubting you sir, i did mine December last year, like i said the time it takes is not guaranteed, it all depends on how effective they are wherever you are applying to, we all know how Government Organization attends to customers and so if they ask you to come back next day due to their server being down, you cannot question their decisions, mine was next day, and i have seen others whom theirs took 3days due to one reason or the other.
Re: Procedures To Get TIN No. From FIRS by meetgaya: 12:51pm On Oct 10, 2013
can company still pay educational tax 2% even if the company is yet to start business?
Re: Procedures To Get TIN No. From FIRS by peleson: 12:54pm On Oct 10, 2013
mikeywise:

Sorry sir, your post is misleading, withholding tax is not a tax on its own but is deducted as a payment on account or deposit against future companys income tax liability.

How does this help the company in the future?
Re: Procedures To Get TIN No. From FIRS by israel007: 1:01pm On Oct 10, 2013
mikeywise:
Yes it is. However,it is a credit for the company against future tax liability.
For example, if an amount say 1million is with held from a companys contract, that 1million is still the companys money.
When the company files its tax returns and the companys tax due for that year is 3million, the company would only have to pay 2million.
Thats how withholding tax works.

What am I saying and what are you saying? Who's discussing how withholding tax works here?

Ok. Taken
Re: Procedures To Get TIN No. From FIRS by secretcerish: 1:07pm On Oct 10, 2013
i got for our firm last month; go to the nearest firs office with a photocopy of you company's certificate of incorporation, they will give you a form to fill, when your done, you wait a few minutes fro them to fill it online and give you a print out of your TIN. nothing more and nothing else
Re: Procedures To Get TIN No. From FIRS by haladug(m): 1:35pm On Oct 10, 2013
eddiebruk:

I can see you are fuming already but I didn't mean the ignorance' as an insult, but just what best describes your level of knowledge on this topic. and what experience are you boasting of? over a year of touting or what? or are you an insider? and you still don't know the basic information about who heads the organisation? you should hide your face in your palms and bow down your head in shame to have referred to it as 'Comptroller General'. I am telling you about FIRS Practice, Processes and Standards and you are there wallowing and basking in your tomfoolery. the fact it happens that way to you does not mean its the idle practice of FIRS. #Learn2Learn
Re: Procedures To Get TIN No. From FIRS by Orokita(m): 1:36pm On Oct 10, 2013
ladenz: i wanted to be first to comment angry

are all of you just sitting on top of nairaland waiting for a topic to drop.

gerrout joh sad sad sad
grin
Lmao!!! Nor mind them
Re: Procedures To Get TIN No. From FIRS by DisGuy: 1:36pm On Oct 10, 2013
Na Wa oo oyinbo repete ontop get TIN number--- whats the point of having a website if these info isnt there and people cant apply online ?

1 Like

Re: Procedures To Get TIN No. From FIRS by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 10, 2013
haladug: I can see you are fuming already but I didn't mean the ignorance' as an insult, but just what best describes your level of knowledge on this topic. and what experience are you boasting of? over a year of touting or what? or are you an insider? and you still don't know the basic information about who heads the organisation? you should hide your face in your palms and bow down your head in shame to have referred to it as 'Comptroller General'. I am telling you about FIRS Practice, Processes and Standards and you are there wallowing and basking in your tomfoolery. the fact it happens that way to you does not mean its the idle practice of FIRS. #Learn2Learn

1 Like

Re: Procedures To Get TIN No. From FIRS by mikeywise(m): 3:07pm On Oct 10, 2013
peleson:
How does this help the company in the future?
This is just a measure to make sure that;
1. Contracts executed by companies are reported
2. tax evasion is minimized.
Re: Procedures To Get TIN No. From FIRS by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 10, 2013
peleson:
Pls how many days does it (TIN) take to come out after completing all these?
I got mine under 10mins!

Now don't call me lucky, I am blessed!!!
Re: Procedures To Get TIN No. From FIRS by tunlex01(m): 5:12pm On Oct 10, 2013
Anyone that can help me to get a job in FIRS should kindly pm me.
Re: Procedures To Get TIN No. From FIRS by mikeywise(m): 6:25pm On Oct 10, 2013
kaeyame:
I got mine under 10mins!

Now don't call me lucky, I am blessed!!!
Things have really changed since the reform started, it takes only minutes to get your TIN these days.
Re: Procedures To Get TIN No. From FIRS by haladug(m): 8:56pm On Oct 10, 2013
DEBOLABI: i registered for TIN and i was issued. but i needed VAT CERTIFICATE. FIRS official in there office told me to bring (10,000 NAIRA for VAT CERTIFICATE).
i taught it was a joke.

i needed this VAT CERTIFICATE badly last week, i have no option than to pay the 10,000 naira. But what i was given sound suspicious, although it was carbonized on a receipt. They collected the 10,000 (naira) in cash in there office (OTTA integrated office) without any receipt to show for it.

what amazed me most was that PEN (biro) was using to write my company name.

please House help me confirm if what i'm given CAN ACTUALLY REPRESENT VAT CERTIFICATE?

yes! That's what it looks like and it seems genuine but FYI: all FIRS payments are made at the bank, e-tickets duly issued and receipted even if such payment is paltry N50.
Re: Procedures To Get TIN No. From FIRS by Rogo: 9:26pm On Oct 10, 2013
Thanks for info am towards mine TIN
Re: Procedures To Get TIN No. From FIRS by theoctopus: 9:33pm On Oct 10, 2013
legalcode: Just engage the services of a Lawyer to avoid mistakes......una want make hunger kill Lawyers? haba.

This is the job of accountants, not lawyers
Re: Procedures To Get TIN No. From FIRS by oshanka: 9:51pm On Oct 10, 2013
Please I need an opinion , registered a business name 5 years ago, and opened an account with it the same year , during d last update exercise out of negligence did not get a TIN. Still using the account but intend to get a TIN now, what penalties would i pay and hope it would not be clumsy having operated the account off and on in the last five years. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My UBA Bank Account Has Been Frozen! Help / "Don't Tell Me Nonsense": Photo Of An Igbo Man's Shop With 7 POS Machines / The Dantata/Dangote Story: How To Create A Dynasty Of Billionaires (2020)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.