Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,580 members, 7,816,429 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Quoting The Quran Out Of Context As Practised By Non Muslims. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Quoting The Quran Out Of Context As Practised By Non Muslims. (741 Views)

Kofi Anan Quoting From Nahjul-balagha In Praise Of Imam Ali's (as) Leadership / How Muslims Can Teach Non-Muslims About Islam / Which Religion Was Practised During The Pre-islamic Period In The Arab Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Quoting The Quran Out Of Context As Practised By Non Muslims. by Deen4me(m): 11:21am On Oct 10, 2013
It is not news that a favorite practice of non Muslims method of attack on Islam is quoting the Quran out of context either intentionally or due to lack of understanding.

This is an attempt to clear the air on these issues for better understanding for both Muslims and non Muslims.

Of course there are those who come to the Quran with corruption in their heart's, i.e Their intention isn't to learn but to corrupt & mislead others.

To them their response is revealed in the verse below

" .......He misleads many (by the Quran) thereby and guides many (by the Quran) thereby. And He misleads not except the defiantly disobedient (those with corruption in their hearts)"

Q2:26

For all those who care to understand, The Quran was revealed over a period of 23 years, over this span of time, whatever incidents occur that concern the religion Allah sends Angel Jubril (Gabriel) to the Prophet (PBUH) with verses which concern the matter at hand.

So many of the verses of the Quran are related to specific events and some are abrogated over time.

Example of this is the process of how Alcohol was banned in Islam

1. Being sober i.e not drunk was made a condition for coming to prayer (Q 4:43)

2. Indication was made that the disadvantage of alcohol consumption is greater than the advantage. (Q 2:219)

3. Finally, "intoxicants and gambling" were called "abominations of Satan's handiwork," intended to turn people away from God and forget about prayer, and Muslims were ordered to abstain from it. Q 5:90-91

The next post will be about the popular "Kill them wherever you find them" verse.

Finally I invite from my more learned brothers and sisters to give their input for the education of all.
Re: Quoting The Quran Out Of Context As Practised By Non Muslims. by Deen4me(m): 11:24am On Oct 10, 2013
For those who love to quote the Quran out of context, kindly watch the video below.

Brother Nouman Ali Khan gives a concise explanation of the verse "Kill them where you find them verse"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvM6i1aJz0s

And kill them wherever you overtake them and expel them from wherever they have expelled you,
and fitnah is worse than killing. And do not fight them at al-Masjid al- Haram until they fight you there.
But if they fight you, then kill them. Such is the recompense of the disbelievers.

And if they cease, then indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.

Q 2:191-192

This verse addresses those that come to the Quran with bad intention and not for good guidance , you will find what ye seek, as explained in the verse below

" .......He misleads many (by the Quran) thereby and guides many (by the Quran) thereby. And He misleads not except the defiantly disobedient (those with corruption in their hearts)"

Quran 2:26

And Allah Knows best.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Narrations About The Black Flags- Shaykh Al-albani / Proper way To Purify The Body / Who Is The Revealer Of The Qur’an: Possible Inspirational Sources Of The Qur’an

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 1
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.