Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,533 members, 7,823,318 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Are Engineers The Most Unemployed Graduates In This Country - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Are Engineers The Most Unemployed Graduates In This Country (24013 Views)

For Unemployed Graduates ONLY / The Countries With The Most Unemployed Graduates / What Unemployed Graduates Pass Through In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Engineers The Most Unemployed Graduates In This Country by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 13, 2013
Why compare engineering with social sciences. Engineering is a professional field like medicine. All medical sciences are level 9 in nigeria even law &medical lab science, and engineering is left at level 8. Not minding unemployment, you can see how engineers are regarded in this country
Re: Are Engineers The Most Unemployed Graduates In This Country by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 14, 2013
i am an Engineer in one of the oil coy.the answer is no ,the problem is we have so many Engineers and Engineering Undergraduate,so if you look at that viz a viz the number of positions out there you may postulate that Engineers are not been employed but the reverse is the case.Go to any establishment today especially the oil and other Engineering related Industries.you will be surprised the numbers of Engineers there .mine is almost 70%.we also have this advantage of working in other fields.i.e banks etc,but a non Engineer cannot work in an Engineering field.

1 Like

Re: Are Engineers The Most Unemployed Graduates In This Country by thehunted(m): 12:03pm On Oct 14, 2013
the problem is that most fresh engineers dont have the skills in some of these computer programs that will make them employable. No one wants to employ someone who wouldnt add value to the office. Most of employers dont want to train you. If u want to train yourself ,go learn the engineering softwares yourself. A word is enough for the wise.

to learn orion or staad
contact charles

it is not by force for u to learn any of these softwares but if u want to then contact him
Re: Are Engineers The Most Unemployed Graduates In This Country by omalichanwando: 12:39pm On Oct 14, 2013
Raxxye: Abeg make una no vex o. Why is it that many Nigerian graduates these days cannot differentiate between
''their'' and ''there''
''no'' and ''know''
''feel'' and ''fill''
''being'' and ''been?''

How dem take pass English Language for WAEC?
After now dem go say 'we're all graduates!'
The thing don dey vex me well well o!
It's just soo sad...even "live" and "leave"...the list goes on...
Re: Are Engineers The Most Unemployed Graduates In This Country by blaise26abj(m): 5:19pm On Oct 14, 2013
Bgino: i studied civil engineering 2005.when looking back over the years to quantify my achievements i cry for my beloved country.ive had my professional certifications..COREN..2009, NSE 2012.Im very proficient in the use of most eng design softwares and apps.i undertake mostly individual and coperate jobs as freelance.im no rookie but i must confess im not impressed wt the money im making.i would be posting to this blog frm abroad anytime soon.i know im not alone in this braindrain dilema.thats naija for you

As a civil engineer myself, i can authoritatively tell you that structural design is something u should do by the side as a freelancer in the Civil profession especially when things are not moving well enough. The technical know-how that goes into actual construction is where the money sits. Site work spins money readily than design. In fact just landing yourself 1 major job can feed u and your family for two years without you working at all.
Doing specialized jobs like road designs, bridge designs, steel frame structural designs too can spin money though still not as greatly as actual construction. Go into that and your life wont remain the same.

PS: design is just one of the prerequisites in the planning stage, tap into the execution stage and make ur money wella. Ordinary material supply will make u smile.
Re: Are Engineers The Most Unemployed Graduates In This Country by Capableben(m): 6:35pm On Aug 01, 2014
Now I am scared, don't wanna be frustrated after school o... 100 level chemical Engr, Futyola
Re: Are Engineers The Most Unemployed Graduates In This Country by destino24(m): 7:27pm On Aug 01, 2014
ifex370: embarassed
currently studying compt engr in ESUT,16years of age! 100-200 level,
i believe God l make a way for me as soon as i graduate! cos i love my course,and i can't imagine myself studying sumtn else

good!! so wetin dey happen for school? when una exam dey start?
i dey ABE - 400 Level, and on IT
Re: Are Engineers The Most Unemployed Graduates In This Country by Capableben(m): 6:00pm On Oct 04, 2014
I believe this thread is about 2years old... . OP and others, what can you say presently about d future of engineers in d country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Two Old Lessons About Money You Should Pls Run Away From / Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians / Do Online Typing Jobs Pay?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.