Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,471 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? (4702 Views)

Flying Eagles Beat Enyimba 2 - 0 With Just 10 Men In Abuja / Can The Super Eagles Beat The Red Devils At Home? / This Team Can Be Better Than 94 - Keshi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by ofurufu(m): 9:49am On Jul 02, 2008
Gone,surely,are the days when Super Eagles were feared not only in Africa but thruout the world. Then bookmakers will think twice before predicting Argentina as favourites pre-Nigeria-Argentina clash. Then Nigeria was reverredas being in the same class with countries like Argentina,Spain etc. Pre-match analysts will easily give 'the favourites' tag to Nigeria when they faced average European countries like Bulgaria,Greece. That was how highly rated the Eagles were then.

Suddenly,like a pack of cards,all the glory began to crumble. They totally lost reckoning in world football,and pitiably in Africa too. Countries like Angola,Gabon,Sierra Leone,Rwanda,Kenya,Niger,Lesotho and other hitherto minnows began to have gut to say they can beat Nigeria anytime they were grouped with Eagles in one qualifiers or the other.In recent time countries like Angola,Gabon,Lesotho,Sierra Leone,Uganda have either beaten the Eagles or drew with them or Eagles eking an uninspiring victory against them.

But today,with the Uche brothers marshalling the resurgence of Eagles,I believe these Eagles will fly again.
I believe the current Eagles can hold,if not beat, a country like France,England,Sweden etc. Pls Spain and Holland and even Italy are not included in my etc
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by tkb417(m): 10:08am On Jul 02, 2008
very true talk
the super eagles will deal with some european teams.
yes!!! teams like Feroe islands, Azerbaijan, malta, Nothern Ireland and even Wales.
we cannot play teams like Spain, Holland lai lai

with which players?
those para-lympians like Aiyegbeni and nwaneri?
God forbid bad thing. . .na 5-1 den go give us
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by JUNIT1(m): 10:10am On Jul 02, 2008
ther's thiis team that got relegated from the second division league in latvia, i can't even remember the name, yah that team will finish super eagle.
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 02, 2008
them many
WE can beat cyprus, iceland, armenia, estonia, albania, belarus, moldova, faroe island, Kazakhstan.

If we dey there, we no go ever qualify for their EURO championship
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by cleankay: 10:55am On Jul 02, 2008
i believe this team can be very solid,they can be number one in africa again, though i think the team still lacks a solid striker.
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by ofurufu(m): 11:26am On Jul 02, 2008
tkb417:

very true talk
the super eagles will deal with some european teams.
yes!!! teams like Feroe islands, Azerbaijan, malta, Nothern Ireland and even Wales.
we cannot play teams like Spain, Holland lai lai

with which players?
those para-lympians like Aiyegbeni and nwaneri?
God forbid bad thingna 5-1 den go give us

Funny funny replies, I can't stop laughing
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by princekay1(m): 11:45am On Jul 02, 2008
This new set of Eagles are wonderful. Getting 12 straight point is no child play, considering the pitches used, technical deficiency in the team and fire-bridgade preparation. It is obvious that Eagles can beat any team in the world if they continue this way.
Football is no more a mathematical game where you can predict the outcomes. If Rwanda can discipline Morroco and Senegal thrashing France, then Nigeria can conquer the world. I believe 2010 is our year of glory; Eagles will lift the World Cup in SA.
I can bet my life on it!
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by tkb417(m): 12:32pm On Jul 02, 2008
Yes 12 points against Equitorial Guinea probably ranked 1,000th in the world
ok. when Angola comes, you shall see

bet ur life on it? na so u wan die?
abeggi, dont even stake ur life on the eagles winning a friendly tourney; world cup?
hehehehehehehe
joke of the millinieum.
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by cleankay: 12:55pm On Jul 02, 2008
Yes 12 points against Equitorial Guinea probably ranked 1,000th in the world
ok. when Angola comes, you shall see

bet your life on it? na so u wan die?
abeggi, don't even stake your life on the eagles winning a friendly tourney; world cup?
hehehehehehehe
joke of the millinieum.

abeg leave my guy.he is just a patriotic nigerian
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by Akolawole(m): 1:17pm On Jul 02, 2008
We can conveniently beat Republic of Ireland, Scotland and Spain.

We might draw England.
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by Geniall: 1:51pm On Jul 02, 2008
princekay1:

This new set of Eagles are wonderful. Getting 12 straight point is no child play, considering the pitches used, technical deficiency in the team and fire-bridgade preparation. It is obvious that Eagles can beat any team in the world if they continue this way.
Football is no more a mathematical game where you can predict the outcomes. If Rwanda can discipline Morroco and Senegal thrashing France, then Nigeria can conquer the world. I believe 2010 is our year of glory; Eagles will lift the World Cup in SA.
I can bet my life on it!

And you would throw your life away rather cheaply too.
Senegal thrashed France? Do you know the meaning of the word "thrashed"? Or are your referring to another game other than the one which ended 1-0 in the 2002 world cup?

I agree with you though, that the super Eagles can beat any team in the world. "Can", being the operative word, refers to possibility.
Any team can beat any team under the right conditions.

My own take is this: among the teams that featured at the just-concluded Euro 2008, given their present playing levels, I would tip the super eagles to beat:
Likely
Switzerland
Austria
Poland
Romania
Maybe
France
Greece
Draw
Italy
Sweden
Would probably receive a thrashing from
Germany
Spain
Holland
Russia
Croatia
Turkey
Portugal
Czech republic
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by tkb417(m): 3:27pm On Jul 02, 2008
@Akola
ahh, 9ja and Spain?
how come no european team can beat them? u think its fluke?
now its 9ja that will beat Spain?
ojigbi jigbi
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 02, 2008
Akolawole:

We can conveniently beat Republic of Ireland, Scotland and Spain.

We might draw England.

oboy, beat spain?? you know they conceded only 3 goals in that tournament. e be like say u make typo.

@Geniall

which Romania we wan likely beat??
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by Geniall: 3:45pm On Jul 02, 2008
The Romania that's on your map.
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by showbobo(m): 4:09pm On Jul 02, 2008
Nigeria to beat spain I think you need a Re-hab
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by folahann(m): 4:20pm On Jul 02, 2008
i can bet my last penny and even my life on it that

the one and only super Eagles

we have in Nigeria will comfortably

again and again

beat

the

team

of the

european

country

called

CYPRUS
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by ofurufu(m): 4:44pm On Jul 02, 2008
folahann:

i can bet my last penny and even my life on it that

the one and only super Eagles

we have in Nigeria will comfortably

again and again

beat

the

team

of the

european

country

called

CYPRUS

ah ahah hahha

Laughing in office, pls don't koba mi ooooo!!!! You wan make my oga know say na nairaland post i dey read when I should be carrying out my assignment,
Funny post

Geniall:

And you would throw your life away rather cheaply too.
Senegal thrashed France? Do you know the meaning of the word "thrashed"? Or are your referring to another game other than the one which ended 1-0 in the 2002 world cup?

I agree with you though, that the super Eagles can beat any team in the world. "Can", being the operative word, refers to possibility.
Any team can beat any team under the right conditions.

My own take is this: among the teams that featured at the just-concluded Euro 2008, given their present playing levels, I would tip the super eagles to beat:
Likely
Switzerland
Austria
Poland
Romania
Maybe
France
Greece
Draw
Italy
Sweden
Would probably receive a thrashing from
Germany
Spain
Holland
Russia
Croatia
Turkey
Portugal
Czech republic

I dont think Czech can beat Eagles.I'll give them 50-50 chance.
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by folahann(m): 4:56pm On Jul 02, 2008
ofurufu:

ah ahah hahha

Laughing in office, please don't koba mi ooooo!!!! You wan make my oga know say na nairaland post i dey read when I should be carrying out my assignment,
Funny post

YOu gave me the biggest laugh

Never thought it was that funny

But is it not true? oh! a forgot to add Andorra
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 02, 2008
folahann:

YOu gave me the biggest laugh

Never thought it was that funny

But is it not true? oh! a forgot to add Andorra

give Eagles some credit, dem go beat faroe Island too.
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by showbobo(m): 5:24pm On Jul 02, 2008
when they couldnt beat mere MALI.
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by nedra: 7:17pm On Jul 02, 2008
i tink the only european team nigeria can defeat will be MALTA OR TROY
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by smooooooth: 7:26pm On Jul 02, 2008
princekay1:

I can bet my life on it!
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy, please, go post on the joke thread,they need you,it's really get dry there, come oh, are u serious betting wit your life, because even our 1982 team of that timeeeeee, i no sure say them fit beat latvia or cyprus,
infact its like whites are just superior to blacks, sometimes i feel say if all albinos go form one nation come world cup, they find their self in nigeria group, them go give us 4-0, simply because them white(i mean yellow) grin
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by akinalabi(m): 10:43pm On Jul 02, 2008
I agree with Akola.

We can beat Spain. We've only met once in the past and we
hammered them.

So why not now?

Remember the likes of Raul and Luis Enrique were in their prime then
and the Nigerian players that hammered them were not the top players
in the world.

The likes of Amokachi (Turkey) Jay Jay (Turkey) Garba Lawal (God knows
where) Adepoju (I think second division in Spain) came out tops.

Anybody is beatable. wink
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by Nobody: 1:41am On Jul 03, 2008
Greece.
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by folahann(m): 2:12am On Jul 03, 2008
@Akinalabi

We are talking of the modern day Super Eagles with Modern day European teams

gone are those days you are talkinig about
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by Akolawole(m): 2:17am On Jul 03, 2008
@Akin

dont mind them

They(Spain) were leading by 2 goals to 1. And we beat them by oliseh cracker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69Eu8HMrG94

I remember all the noiseof Arsenal Ladies, England female national team et al, we still beat them.
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by dayokanu(m): 8:09am On Jul 03, 2008
Andorra and Latvia are not even sure.

@Akin

don't mind them

They(Spain) were leading by 2 goals to 1. And we beat them by oliseh cracker.

So Senegal would beat France, Cameroun would beat Argentina, Cameroun would beat Brazil because they had one fortunate win.

If you are saying anything is possible then Agege United can beat Spain. Its possible but what is the probability? less than 4%
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by akinalabi(m): 8:13am On Jul 03, 2008
@ folahann,

There is nothing gone in those days. It can still happen
today. Our players are even more exposed to some extent.

I remember we used to have players without clubs starting
for the Eagles in the 90s.

We can beat Spain joo smiley

@ Akola,

What these guys fail to acknowledge is that Eagles will surely
raise their game when they get to the big stage.

People say we can only square up with the likes of Moldova
and Malta but I didnt see us shake against Austria 2 months
ago.

I'm not saying Austria is a powerhouse but what we can't deny
is the fact that they raised their game.

There are very few teams out there that will faze the likes of
Kanu, Yobo, Yakubu, Obi (I dont like that boy), Osaze etc.

We fit beat them joooo.
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by iykedee: 8:56am On Jul 03, 2008
I think we can get a draw from an injury plagued latvia. Brazil, spain are no go areas cos 123-2 would be very embarassing!
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by tkb417(m): 9:41am On Jul 03, 2008
@Akin Alabi
chei!!! wetin u dey talk
ok cos we are beating Equitorial Guinea, we can beat Spain?
do u want us to lose to Sierria Leone b4 u know these eagles cannot play?

let us beat Angola, CIV, Egypt, Ghana and Cameroon b4 we can start thinking of playing Spain.

nwaneri vs Torres
hehehehehe. na wao
lets leave patriotism aside, our eagles cannot play Russia not with that Asharvin boi
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 03, 2008
no be 10 man Ghana take us do shakara for january??
can you imagine wetin C. ronaldo, torres, D. Villa, robben, snieder, nani go take those our defenders do??
Or how fatman like yakubu go fit manoeuvre around sergio ramos, puyol, cannavaro, etc??
Re: Which European Team Can Eagles Beat? by otokx(m): 10:27am On Jul 03, 2008
cyprus and isreal

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Promises A New Era In Sports / Will AIT, NTA Show Todays Match? / The Problem With Nigerian Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.