Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,906 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Etisalat Flash Fiction By A Nairalander - Where the Lion Lives. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Etisalat Flash Fiction By A Nairalander - Where the Lion Lives. (601 Views)

The Wedding ( Fiction) By Tollyb / About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* / The White Mosquito Flash Fiction Challenge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Etisalat Flash Fiction By A Nairalander - Where the Lion Lives. by Ndyoo(m): 9:52am On Oct 11, 2013
A hunter woke up one morning and decided to hunt for the wildest of animals, the lion. He
prepared his weapons which include: a
gun, dagger, machete, spear and a small talisman that would help him disappear if the lion tries to win him over.

On his way to the forest, he met a man busy
cutting down a tree and said to him, “Please,
show me where I can see the footmark of a lion? So I will trace it and hunt it down.”

“Did you say a lion?”

“Yes! A lion not a deer or a tiger even. Show me the trails of a huge lion.” His rage sounded headstrong, like someone who ate pounded yam and bitter leaf soup, then started to crave for some adventure to enervate him.”

The man laughed and said, “A hunter who is not satisfied with the carcass of an antelope will one day collapse under the weight of an elephant.”

“Diobu the great is equal to the task.”

The man replied, “Come, let me show you where the lion lives, it’s quite easier that way.”
For a while, the hunter was silent and refused to follow the man.

“Do the lion unman you now?” the man asked. “No! I forgot my Onuona talisman in my goatskin bag at home. It can scare away malevolent spirits in dollop heads of seven. Let’s surprise them prepared tomorrow morning by sunrise.”

“I agree with you to go prepared. Drop your bag so you will pick it easily here tomorrow.”

“No! It’s better to shave the beard and the head the same day to avoid visiting the barber twice a time,” he said, quite calmed, but thought smartly a man would run from a cow before he took all he came with and headed home.

If you Like the story vote for me...

www.etisalatprize.com/where-the-lion-lives/
Thanks...

(1) (Reply)

Horror: DEMONIC / THE FORGOTTEN TIMES(in Nairaland City) / I Need A Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.